Due 16th - 31st Aug, 2012 #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#26 kayarh

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

MizRhi - thanks for the link to the Expo, I've signed up for a free ticket to go to the Sydney one original.gif  My cat is behaving no weirder than usual, he's kind of an odd cat though.  However a friends dog was jumping all over me and generally behaving like a puppy (which she isn't any more) and my friend guessed I was pregnant - and that was at 4 weeks!  Animals definitely do know what's going on.

Caity welcome to the group!  I can't wait to hear a heartbeat!

AFM - I'm still just tired all the time, slightly nauseous, will be so glad once that goes away in a few weeks (staying optimistic!).  Have my first OB visit tomorrow and am not really sure what to expect, but will have my list of questions and hope that we can get a scan and hear the heartbeat.

#27 MizRhi

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Kayarh - I agree. Smart dog though original.gif

Becs and British Kiwi - heh, I cant keep my cat out of the toilet. She jumps the wall (3/4 wall linking toilet to the bathroom) and just comes in regardless!

AFM - hunger and exhaustion really describe me well at the moment. It was 29 deg at 8am this morning and its only going to get hotter. I am suffering so bad. ACK! Anyone have good "keep cool" pregnancy tips? Ill give you my top two tips.

We a face washer and then fold it neatly and put it in the freezer. Nothing beats a frozen face washer!

Frozen mixed berries, ice and cordial hit with the magic bullet and instant berry slushie!

#28 MrsGrech

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the Expo info MizRhi. I'm so devestated I can't go! That is the weekend of my besties wedding and I'm Matron of Honour sad.gif

First day back at work today after the Chrissy break and I'm in Struggletown. So nauesous and the only thing I've been able to eat so far is some dry crackers. All I want to do is crawl under my desk and sleep.

MizRhi - What kind of cordial do you use? that slushie sounds awesome.

My 2 tips are, using a spray bottle on your face arms and legs and then sit in front of a fan or I sit in the fridge with out the door closed obviously. However we are not having a heat problem in Adelaide at the moment. Currently it is raining and a bit humid. Stupid weather.

Since I found out I was pregnant my two dogs have become extremely sooky. They are Norwegian Elkhounds so they are medium sized dogs 22-25kg each but all they want to do is sit on my lap.

#29 AnZ

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hi Everyone

I'm not sure whether I'm due in August or September now as my early scan pushed me back a couple of days however I will wait until my scan next week and then decide whether to keep coming in here or go to the Sept thread.

I'll still ph34r.gif you all so I can see how everything's going though.

K

#30 Larny

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hi all,

Just got back from my first scan. Jelly bean looks fantastic. Heartbeat 110 bpm. Date pushed back 3 days, now due the 28th.

Hope everyone is doing well.

MrsGrech - Can you please change my date.

Click here for photo

Edited by ~A2~, 22 January 2012 - 09:31 PM.
Pic too big link added.

#31 British_Kiwi

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Congratulations Larny, that's great news! How exciting! MrsGrech- so glad I'm not the only one with a large lap dog! Bella is 20kg and she loves lying on my lap when it's chilly! And wriggling! MizRiz- slushy sounds good. I've not got any cooling tips though sitting in the pool works. Not when stuck at work though!
AFM I'm so tired! Had loads of vivid dreams last night. I managed to sell my kitchen which is great but seems might be spending the money on plumber and electrician coming up with problems. To cap it all, just found out the cooker won't be connected till the benches are in on a couple of weeks! No sink, no dishwasher! How frustrating! Anyway, enough whinging from me, back to work (if I can stay awake)

#32 MrsGrech

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Larny that is fantastic news original.gif

#33 Becs84

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Larny - that is super exciting, my scan is on Wednesday...soooo cannot wait!

MizRhi - my tip for cooling is Zuperdooper kids iceblocks...you can packs of 48! Pink is my fav!

#34 Mugglebec

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi. It is wonderful reading the updates!!

I can certainly relate to the heat and nausea. sad.gif

QUOTE (Becs84 @ 09/01/2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MizRhi - my tip for cooling is Zuperdooper kids iceblocks...you can packs of 48! Pink is my fav!

Yes!! We have a mountain of zooperdupers in the freezer and they help not only to keep cool, but to keep the dreaded nausea at bay. Although today nothing really helped ... except toast with vegemite. Weird.

I'm wondering though ... my first appointment with the obstetrician isn't until 23rd Jan, which puts me at 10 1/2 weeks. Is that late to be having my first appointment? I'm reading about many of you having dating scans, and wishing we could see our baby too!!

MrsGrech - Can you please update my details.

Mugglebec
Gender Prediction -Boy
Location - Melbourne
Siblings - First child

#35 Adelheid

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Mugglebec - I don't have my first scan til 6/2!! I'll be 11 weeks 4 days. Apparently they can't do the nuchal fold until atleast 11 weeks. Boooooooooooo!!

I feel a little left out too, seeing everyone have theirs early! Apparently very normal to have first scan 11 - 13 weeks though biggrin.gif

#36 kayarh

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

So we had the obstetrician appt today and all looking good.  My EDD has been pushed back a whole week!  So it now looks like I'm due 24th Aug - at least I stay in the group original.gif  But it also means I'm only 7w3d instead of 8w4d - an extra week of first trimester ickiness sad.gif

Have a scan now - will have to work out how to copy it and load it up - 1.16cm and we could see and hear the heartbeat at 160bpm.  Definitely makes it all seem more real.  Obstetrician told DF to wrap me in cotton wool and make sure he looks after me for the next few weeks - unfortunately on Sunday he heads off for just over 3 weeks o/s for work...  Everything else seemed fine and next appt is in 3 weeks.

Why not make a guess - gender prediction is for a girl.

Hope everyone is coping ok.

#37 CCABW

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Hi Mugglebec - I don't have my first ob appt until 24 Jan at 10.5 weeks.  Like you I wish I could have one earlier but I guess some obs like to wait til 10 weeks for the first appointment!  Just think how exciting that first appointment will be!!

Great news for all those who have had great scans in the last few days.

I am still feeling really rubbish for most of the day, every day.  And even though I am exhausted, I seem to wake up in the middle of the night every night at the moment and lie awake for hours! mad.gif

#38 firsttimer77

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Mrs Grech please add my details. I only recently had the date scan so I had to hold off with letting you know previously

Due date: 22nd August
prediction: no idea (happy with either)
siblings: DD (18 months)

Edited by firsttimer77, 10 January 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#39 White-Lily

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi Ladies!

Great news from me, we had a scan yesterday and there is a real live baby growing in there! Thrilled to say the least! Perfect for dates and a great heartbeat (153bpm). Bub measured at 1.27cm. So relieved! Not that I had any reasons to worry about this pregnancy but the m/c has played heavily on my mind the last few weeks. DH however was so certain everything was going to be fine.  

My details for the list Mrs Grech:
Username - White-Lily
Due Date - 24th August
Prediction - Dont care at all, just happy its healthy
Siblings - DD (3yo)
Location - Perth

Hope everyone is doing ok.
I have nausea on and off all day. I think its at its worst around lunch and late evening and today I have a killer headache. I know more sleep would help heaps but Im having trouble getting back to sleep after waking for the toilet in the early hours of the morning  rolleyes.gif

Edited by White-Lily, 10 January 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#40 MirAnt

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Mugglebec - my first u/s is not till 6/2 and I will be 12w1d so I know how it feels to wait forever for a scan when everyone else is talking about their dating scan!

#41 fefe70

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hello, and congratulations everyone.

I would love to join the group.

I am awaiting the viability/ dating scan which will be early next week. Fingers crossed all is OK. Its been almost a ten year gap for me and I am not getting any younger so I am hoping all is OK. I have been barely able to function with morning sickness and tiredness but this week is looking a bit better.

Due date is 24th August

Gender prediction is boy

Siblings DD 9 and DD 12

#42 MizRhi

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

6th Feb is going to be a busy US day. I know quite a few of us are on that day, and its even mine and another ladies birthday (Sorry Ali, not sure who you are on here.) Bring it on. Im totally ready now original.gif

#43 MrsGrech

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hey Ladies,

Just letting you know I have updated the list. The 24th of August is a busy day! It will be interesting to see how we all do for time.

August is a busy month for birthday's in my family. FIL is the 1st, I'm on the 7th, my bestie is the 11th, my cousins are the 15th & 19th and then BIL is the 28th. There are also 2 other people close to the family born on the 7th like me.

DH and I are calling our bub the dragon at the moment as it will be the year of the dragon this year. I wonder if the dragon will actually have it's birthday to itself or if it will fall on someone elses?

Hopefully everyone is feeling ok. Nausea still bothering me a bit so I just kepp munching on water crackers. I can't stand being at work, it's so boring. Only 1 more week until my scan, yay!

#44 Becs84

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi ladies

Just had my scan this morning, was very surreal!

Was pretty horrible to start with as I had to drink 1ltr of water 1hr before the scan and my bladder is literally the size of a pea so I nearly wet myself...was sooo painful! And they were late!

Anywho to the good news, there is a baby in there! 9mm long and heart beat was 134 a min which is pretty good apparently. I am now due on the 30th August instead of the 27th ....so tomorrow I will be 7 weeks...so a couple more extra days of MS but atleast there is a baby!! yayyayaya  bbaby.gif

#45 CCABW

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (MrsGrech @ 11/01/2012, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Ladies,

Just letting you know I have updated the list. The 24th of August is a busy day! It will be interesting to see how we all do for time.

Hi Mrs Grech

Can you please add me as well - I seem to have been missed...

Due: 17th August
Siblings: 3 DS
Prediction: surprise

#46 divz145

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi Ladies

I hope everyones doing well! So exciting with everyones scans happening soon. I canceled my scan yesterday as I will be going to my OB next week so will do it then. Very excited - maybe after the scan it'll all feel real to me.

Nausea is on and off - mainly first thing in the mornings. Some days are better than others. I haven't quite worked out what works for me in terms of food. Milo and milk worked for a few days then it didnt! :S I'm trying toast and that seems to be going somewhat ok.

I'm having strange cravings for foods that I used to eat when I was younger (I grew up in Singapore/Indonesia) and haven't eaten most things in yearssss so i have been going a little crazy finding ingredients and recipes. Anyone else having odd cravings??

I got back to the gym on Tuesday - I used to do body pump alot but I've been off it for a few weeks so I did a class on Tuesday with lighter weights -  I had to dragggg myself there and was full of excuses not to go but I must say I did feel great after the workout. ( I am sore now tho!) I'm going to try and keep this up 2x a week + doing walks on other days while the weather is good.

MrsGrech - speaking of dragons - the Chinese believe that the year of the dragon is veryyyyyy lucky and often people plan their babies for this year. The year of the Dragon comes once every 12 years. My brother is a dragon baby (born 24 years ago), and he's got such a wonderful personality. Heaps of information online if you're interested! wink.gif

#47 mel#1

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

So I had my scan today and all is well so far original.gif At the moment they said it looks like I'm due 3rd September but because its only 3 days difference to the date going by my LMP they'll leave it as 31 August. I'll wait until my 10 week scan to see if things change.

MrsGrech you seemed to missed me off the list:

Due: 31 August
Gender Prediction: Girl, DH thinks boy
Sibling: first bub

#48 suniti

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi MrsGrech,
I seem to have missed the list too!
Due date is currently 16th Aug (my mum's birthday!) but as I haven't had any scans yet I'm not sure about that.
Gender prediction: boy as I secretly want a girl original.gif
Sibs: none! + first grandchild for my parents.
I'm very anxious at the moment, this baby was unplanned but now little Ziggy the zygote is here it turns out I've never wanted anything more. Bloods were normal but not sure if doctor did hormones, she doesn't seem worried tho. Not sure if I should get nuchal in hospital or out. I'm waiting on info from RBH that will hopefully clarify more.
Hope all the other Brisbane ladies also have aircon, it's too hot to exist without it!

#49 Etcetera

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Welcome to all the newbies!

Thankfully it will be cooler in Brisbane today! We went to the beach the other morning which was gorgeous but of course I got burnt!
DS2 at preschool today so should have an easier day today.

#50 Butterfly*77

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hi all! I am just rattling along with no real issues at the moment. Feel sick first thing in the morning but ensure I eat brekky (sometimes two brekkies wink.gif ) so the nausea passes. Also find I feel icky when I wake up to go to the loo during the night. I want a sleep mid arvo too, which is impossible at work!

Monday's heat was a shocker but I was ok the other days, especially working in air con. Limited my riding and running though as I don't want to overheat but as it will be cooler tonight and tomorrow, will get back into it again. No air con at home either! Just high ceilings and fans which keep the house cool. Love the air con at work too!

Anyone feeling insanely hungry all the time? Cos' I am not feeling as sick as previous pregnancies, it has been a bit of a shock. I am craving carbs, carbs, carbs (except for homemade mash potato, can't do it ATM) and Maccas brekkies. I was so good before Xmas and quite regimented with my diet but it has gone completely out the window ohmy.gif I am hungry 24/7. I can see myself hitting a tonne before this pregnancy is out if this continues!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!

Suniti - When's your first hospital appointment? My GP has to organise my NT scan as I don't go for my first hospital visit until 16 weeks (sometime in early March I think). Give the hospital a call and ask so you can get a referral at least in advance and organise your appointment.

Divz - See above ^^^ for my cravings. My only cravings with DS were icy cold glasses of banana Quik and Slurpies. With my last two pgs, I didn't really get much. I was sick still but maybe because things were not going well, my hormones didn't give the full quota of side effects. Try some crackers first thing before you eat anything else. They tend to be a winner over everything else. I know people who had Jatz sitting next to their bed; I used to have rice crackers.

Becs - I hear you with the full bladder. And I keep reminding myself that I still have the 12 week NT scan and 18-20 week Morph to go and I remember being so full at the Morph that I vomited up water! I honestly thought I was ready to explode!

Better get back to work, hi *waves* to everyone else.

Edited by Butterfly*77, 12 January 2012 - 10:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.