Due 16th - 31st Aug, 2012 #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#51 White-Lily

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Butterfly*77 I'm not hungry at all but I need to eat constantly to keep the nausea at bay! The amount of food I'm eating is disgusting! I'm going to put on so much weight if i keep going like this!
Dont feel bad about the Macca's for breaky. I'm pretty certain there is a double cheeseburger in my near future  wink.gif

Becs I hear on the scan/full bladder pain. For my scan on Monday i also had to drink 1lt of water and then hold for 1.5hrs! OMG it hurt! Luckily the lady doing the scan said to only drink half the amount I had drank for the next scan as I was very full! Phew! I just wanted to see something so at least the full bladder helped with that.

suniti I'm getting my NT scan out of hospital, my GP will give me the referral. I don't think I see anyone from the hospital until about 18 weeks. You will be able to get a referral from any GP as far as I am aware and then just take all your results to the first hospital appointment.

Congrats to everyone who has been able to see their bubs on the early scans.

AFM nausea is better today but its only 9.30 and I've eaten pretty much non stop since getting up. By the time I get home from work I am sporting a food baby for sure. Blergh. Cant hold it in. I can see I'm going to have some trouble hiding this from work for as long as I intent to. Hopefully when the nausea calms down I can stop eating so much!

#52 mel#1

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

White-Lily I'm same as you at the moment, I keep eating just so I don't get nauseous.
My nausea is getting worse every week, I just hope it stays with nausea and I don't actually throw up. In the mornings I'm not hungry at all but I force myself to eat something so I can take my vitamins etc and so I don't feel more sick.

At the moment my cravings are fresh fruit and carbs like pasta, and oddly enough nandos. I feel sick at the thought of a piece of steak or chicken with cooked vegetables......maybe cause I use to make it a bit before i got pregnant and I'm sick of it now so thinking about it makes me more nauseous?! Who knows!

I'm counting down weeks until the 1st trimester is over!!  sick.gif

#53 Becs84

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

mel#1 and White-Lily

I am in the same boat, I have eaten a whole Alfredo packet pasta today which has about 2000 carbs in it and whatever else is bad in those things! Pasta and fruit are really the only thing I can stomach at the moment.

I wish I could eat healthy for my baby but it is making me sick...I threw up lettuce and broccoli sad.gif

5 weeks to go and counting!

#54 Butterfly*77

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Becs84 @ 12/01/2012, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mel#1 and White-Lily

I am in the same boat, I have eaten a whole Alfredo packet pasta today which has about 2000 carbs in it and whatever else is bad in those things! Pasta and fruit are really the only thing I can stomach at the moment.

I wish I could eat healthy for my baby but it is making me sick...I threw up lettuce and broccoli sad.gif

5 weeks to go and counting!

Becs - I didn't eat any green leafy veges until I was almost into my third trimester with DS. The smell was too much for me...and I LOVED greens before I was pg. Mashed potato - just can't do and that packet pasta you had, I had the Carbonara one last night and it tasted like metal!

#55 MirAnt

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

I just ate 2 fresh bread rolls with butter for afternoon tea - oops not great for my waistline and bloating but seemed like a good idea at the time.  Carbs are great.

I need to eat every hour or I get really nauseous and horrendous headaches.  

Definitely bring on second trimester and hopefully less exhausting symptoms.  Although I am getting more used to the idea of being pregnant and the symptoms are a good reminder that things are growing well original.gif

#56 mel#1

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

hahaha it seems like we're all eating those continental pasta packs.....I have been eating the chicken curry one for the past 2 nights for dinner.....I chose that because I thought it doesn't have the cheese so might be better for pregnant people....ehhh who knows?!
I don't mind munching on raw carrots but cooked vegies just isn't as appealing to me anymore....and I probably don't eat as much salad as before but not completely off it thank goodness!

Becs84 its good that you're ok with fruit, that's still healthy....and just have the vitamin supplements and it should be ok....maybe thats why they made those, because they knew women with nausea don't want to eat much leafy greens etc hehe.

I've also started on fish oil and calcium tablets.....the fish oil tablets are so big that I sometimes gag on it, but hey anything to ensure my baby has a good start and especially since its developing its brain right now apparently! original.gif

Edited by mel#1, 12 January 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#57 Alana Banana

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hi Girls,

I joined this thread a couple of weeks back when I got a Suprise BFP ( was just about to start IVF) , but just wanted to let you know that I lost my baby on Friday sad.gif

I wish you ladies all the best of luck and hope you have strong sticky bubs with you original.gif

AB  original.gif

#58 Amandalea6

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

just quickly dropping in. Nausea is still around but today not to bad. I am hoping that being at 8 weeks the nausea will drop off. I am struggling with doing nothing. hopefully my mum will visit tomorrow and help me to tidy the house and make the girls a decent dinner! I too can't stand vegetables, meat or fish. As DF is a shift worker working nights I have had to buy oven dinners and baked beans for their dinner. Whoever said vegemite on toast helped THANK YOU! It has helped me too! Apparently the B vitamins help keep nausea away.

Sorry to hear of the losses. Sorry to ABTTC. I hope there is a baby for you soon.

#59 CCABW

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (ABTTC @ 12/01/2012, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Girls,

I joined this thread a couple of weeks back when I got a Suprise BFP ( was just about to start IVF) , but just wanted to let you know that I lost my baby on Friday sad.gif

I wish you ladies all the best of luck and hope you have strong sticky bubs with you original.gif

AB original.gif

So sorry to hear that, ABTTC. Look after yourself bbighug.gif

#60 Butterfly*77

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (ABTTC @ 12/01/2012, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Girls,

AB original.gif

So sad to hear that too, AB.

#61 Indigoems

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hi everyone,

Well I had my first bout of M/S not Fun !

Can totally relate with Heat & M/S its awful... MuggleBec  Vegemite on Toast and Water is all I can handle aswell.

MizRhi  I am so going to the Brisbane Expo looks so good... June well be huge by then.

I have to wait till feb till I can have a scan  hate waiting !!

Welcome newbies and Wishing everyone  beautiful uneventful pregnancies.

#62 Aynjell

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Went to work for a whole hour today..... Hmmm

#63 Etcetera

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

AB, I'm really sorry to hear that. xxx

Well I finally went to the doctor to get referrals etc. I put it off and then was really sick last week so cancelled.
I had to pee in a cup to confirm pregnancy which I've never had to do before. Bloods done, and scan booked for Feb 6th when I will be about 12.5 weeks. Seems like ages away but it's only 3 weeks!

So tired today as I woke at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. And we have bog an neighbours who like to have drunken arguments in the middle of the night. I've told DH to call the police the next time it happens.

#64 mel#1

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi ladies, just thought I'd share a little section about fruit during pregnancy with you since a few of us can't stand vegetables at the moment and think maybe we're not getting enough nutrients....well its ok apparently original.gif This is from that website whattoexpect.com:

Week 8 Pregnancy Tip: Eating Fruit During Pregnancy
Fruit is always your friend — but consider it your best friend while you're expecting. Not only does nature's sweetest bounty contain essential vitamins and other nutrients that are good for you and your baby, but it plays a starring role in keeping you regular (pass the prunes, please!). More sweet news: The right fruit can stand in for just about any vegetable you're shunning when pregnancy aversions and nausea may be keeping you from bellying up to the salad bar. (For instance, opt for dried apricots when you can't stomach broccoli.) A good rule of nutritional thumb when it comes to fruits (and veggies): Stronger colors spell better nutrition. But more often than not, it's what's inside that counts. So while a cantaloupe pales in comparison with a red apple on the outside, the inside tells a different story; the deeply hued flesh of the melon way outscores the white apple in vitamin and mineral content. Select your produce, then, by the color of its “inner” rainbow when shopping and you'll find nutrients worth their weight in gold.

#65 White-Lily

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

AB I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Take care of yourself and your DH during this awful time. hhugs.gif

Etcetera wow, only 3 weeks away! I had better get a move on with booking some stuff! Hope you get sme rest today! Stupid neighbours  mad.gif
My DD decided after being a pain to put to bed last night (finally asleep at 8.30pm) to wake up at 5.45am this morning - this never happens!! So I feel you on the tiredness.

Aynjell hope you are at home resting up. Feel better soon

IndigoBabe82 and Amandalea6 agree - vegemite is awesome! It has helped with the nausea in all 3 of my pregnancies.  
I think its vitamin B6 that helps with m/s. Good source of B6 is banana and avocardo. Not sure what else has heaps in it but the banana didn't work for me, just made me vomit. Haven't tried avo yet original.gif

Amandalea6 I cook dinner for Dh and DD and its becoming a struggle. Last night we had Red Rooster because I just couldn't bring myself to make anything. Pretty sure there will be a quiche from the cheesecake shop at some stage next week. I can put things in the oven, its just the prep work that's getting to me.
Nothing wrong with beans and toast for dinner  wink.gif I lived on beans, toast and eggs while Dh was in the navy and away a lot!

ETA - mel very interesting info about the fruit! thankfully I'm still ok with fruit and veg, meat not so much. I think I might make a fruit salad over the weekend and DD and I can dig into that original.gif

AFM 8 weeks today! and TGIF!! Planning to sleep in on the weekend!! Cant wait!

Hope everyone is doing ok and m/s isn't ruining a lovely Friday.

Edited by White-Lily, 13 January 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#66 MrsGrech

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA. At work trying to battle through the nausea and fix a crap load of peoples mistakes. As you can tell I'm in a foul mood.

CCABW you were already on the list so I added mel#1 and suniti.

AB - So sorry to hear of your loss  bbighug.gif Wishing you all the best

I'll come back in when I'm feeling nicer. Have a great weekend everyone original.gif

#67 MrsSally

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (ABTTC @ 12/01/2012, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Girls,

AB  original.gif

So so sorry to hear your news  bbighug.gif

AFM - had my first ob appt today, after a very stressful week i was feeling a lot less confident at the thought of an ultrasound (she has one in her room). All went well, baby is now measuring 3 days ahead of my original due date of the 20th. It was quite funny, it was throwing a tantrum, i could see its arms and legs flying around hehe. Preparing me for what to expect in August i think. Another great thing is that i LOVE my ob. She has a great sense of humor and was very reassuring. After a previous m/c ive been freaking out, but she says making it to 9 weeks with a ultrasound and heart beat of 171 bpm, i have less than a 10% chance of another m/c. Plus my last one was at 6.5 weeks, so to make it to 9 weeks was a very good thing.

Dont all get annoyed with me, but apart from being extremely tired, i dont really have any m/s  happy.gif I have my off moments but nothing that vegemite on toast cant fix. I am totally off vegies too, but fruit is great. And I hear you all about the carbs, thats all im craving!

Hope you all have a great weekend xx

#68 Etcetera

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

White-lily, I know 3weeks! I would book stuff now as the doctor said some places are booked out for months. Luckily I didn't have trouble getting in.

Any DHs going to the scans? My DH works from home so will be coming. I can't wait to show the pics to my boys! My 5yo is super excited.

I'm constantly eating carbs too, actually eating bread now. I find around 4-5pm is the worst time for nausea for me.

Mel, I'm getting stuck in to the fruit. DH bought grapes the other day and they are absolute heaven.

All this talk of scans is making it seem so much more real now.

Must dash as DS2 wants to play the angry birds game (we got him the board game for Christmas)!

Edited by Etcetera, 15 January 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#69 kayarh

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hmmm... thanks for the suggestions of the pasta packets.  Like the rest of you I've been craving carbs and while normally I rarely eat pasta I've already had it 3 times in the past 4 days!  With DF away for the next 3 weeks I needed some more ideas of simple things to make for dinner - he's been so good at looking after me since we found out that I don't know what I'll do with him away!

Love hearing about everyones scans original.gif

#70 British_Kiwi

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

AB sorry for your loss, look after yourself.I hear you all on the nausea, thankfully my ms is very mild. I've been paranoid that some of my symptoms were going and I've had a tiny tiny bit of spotting but this morning felt sick so I suppose that's good. Just have to remind myself that a HB reduces chance of mc.Well I'm going to sleep for as long as possible and listen to the hobbit on audiobook!Good night

#71 MizRhi

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

Mel - thanks so much for the fruit tip. I find I have to eat every hour or suffer a bout of nausea AND a hypo (I'm diabetic). While my diabetes educator would die in a million fits to know I am eating a bowl of watermelon for lunch, three peaches and apricots for snacks throughout the day, I feel a ton better for it!

Indigobabe - I'm quite looking forward to it. I went just before I had Tyler and had a great day. Definitely worth doing again!

Cravings - Mostly raw and fresh food flavours. I don't like processed lately. Fruit is my best friend. I cant handle strong smells at the moment - Joe had spaghetti the other night, and the smell of the sauce had me gagging.

Where is everyone? Someone said it was quiet on list a page or so ago. Most people are on the FB group, which most people find more fun. If you are new to the group, consider joining the FB group for more contact.

#72 CCABW

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (MrsGrech @ 13/01/2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA. At work trying to battle through the nausea and fix a crap load of peoples mistakes. As you can tell I'm in a foul mood.

CCABW you were already on the list so I added mel#1 and suniti.

AB - So sorry to hear of your loss bbighug.gif Wishing you all the best

I'll come back in when I'm feeling nicer. Have a great weekend everyone original.gif

Thanks for updating the list MrsGrech.  Hope you are feeling cheerier today!

#73 raone

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hi all, newbie here.
I am due 21st August as my scan told me at 7 weeks. I have waves of nausea and found I have to tackle things while I am feeling good or nothing will get done. I actually felt bad enough to throw up for the first time yesterday. Eating was no help and had a huge head ache. Lived off zupadoopers all day. sad.gif
But reading all your posts is making me feel normal. I also had vegemite on toast this morning an now having one of my best days. rolleyes.gif
Looking forward to being in the same boat as you all!

#74 raone

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

oh yeah my details...
gender prediction: me boy DH girl
siblings: 1 kitty cat

#75 CCABW

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Welcome raone original.gif

Vegemite toast is da bomb.  Just had it for dinner as I couldn't face anything else.  Oh and a bowl of fruit salad.  Isn't it funny how we are all fancying the same things?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.