Due 1st - 15th August, 2012 #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#151 Artful

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (MegsW @ 19/01/2012, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Artful - for you.  It was definitely worth it, very yummy!!!

Raspberry and Peach Cake

Ingredients
200g unsalted butter, melted
250g self-raising flour, sifted
100g golden caster sugar
4 medium eggs, beaten
125g raspberries
2 large almost-ripe peaches or nectarines, halved, stoned and sliced
4 tbsp apricot jam
Juice of ½ lemon

Preheat the oven to 190oC (170oC fan oven) mark 5. Grease a 8in springform cake tin and baseline with baking parchment.

Put the flour and sugar into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, and add the melted butter and the eggs. Mix well.

Spread half the mixture over the base of the cake tin and add half the raspberries and sliced peaches. Spoon on the remaining cake mixture, smooth over, then add the remaining raspberries and peaches, pressing them down into the mixture slightly.

Bake for 1-1 ¼ hours until risen and golden, and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes.

Warm the jam and lemon juice together in a small pan and brush over the cake to glaze.

Busybee - oh no about the TV!  Glad insurance covers it.  Go and spend a few days relaxing after your week xxx

Thank you so much!!  I am going to make it tonight if we don't go to the movies! Yum!!

#152 Artful

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (angelskies @ 20/01/2012, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear if I throw up once more today I am going to sit on my floor and cry. Both the kids are ratty as hell, the re decided to go with the other application so we STILL don't have a house (and they took FOREVER to decide) liam is meant to be starting school on MONDAY and theres no chance, jon still has gastro and once a day vomiting.. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oh angelskies  sad.gif  big hugs!!!!!!!!

ooh! I just noticed - 12 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

#153 MegsW

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Angelskies - so sorry, sounds like things are pretty crappy at your place.  Wish I could help out xxx

#154 Jacapanthus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

HI everyone.

Angelskies - sorry to hear things are still so tough at your place. sad.gif

Just back from staying overnight with my parents. Told them the news. They were gobsmacked. Happy but completely surprised as last they heard DH was saying a flat no to another baby. I hadn't updated them LOL. Was good to get it out there and we had a good time. Also mum is able to babysit for my appt next Tues which is handy and she has offered to come down and babysit for our scan too which is great because its such a tricky time so very hard to get anyone else.

Kids are pretty tired and ratty and I can't wait to get them in bed so I can soak in a bath. Its been a great but busy tiring couple of days.

#155 magicalsurprise

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

hugs Angelskies! When it rains it pours. Hope things turn around quickly for you xoxo

Ooo glad your parents took it well Jacapanthus.

What are you seeing the movies Artful and woohoo on the 12 weeks biggrin.gif

MegsW - Yeh we told our kids just before Christmas because thats when we told my family. I had to let DD1 know why I was soo tired and sick all the time. Most of the time she's an angel and will help out alot! DS is pretty set on having a little brother... will see how that works out for him lol!

Grrrrrr... have had dinner in the oven for 20 minutes and could smell something burning.... Imogen had turned the oven up to 250. Burnt edges!

#156 Lumikki

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hello ladies! waves.gif  I hope all is well with everyone.

So sad to hear about Rhi losing her little Joey sad.gif  I hope we see her posting in another DIG real soon.

12 weeks for me today! biggrin.gif I had my NT scan and I think it went well.  NT measurement was about 1.9mm, but I have to wait a week for the results, even though I had my bloods done 2 weeks ago.  I was at the scan place for 3 hours all up!  I didn't drink as much water as I should because I stopped drinking when I needed to wee and figured that would be enough.  Good job I didn't drink anymore, because they were running half an hour late.  The scan was very clear, little Poppy was wriggling around and had a heart rate of 169, but the sonographer needed me to empty my bladder a little so she could get the NT measurement.  She told me to go for about 10 seconds, but by 8 I had emptied it!  I always knew I had a small bladder, I guess it's been proven now!  So I had to walk around for nearly an hour and drink loads more water.  When I finally got back in, they still couldn't get the measurement because Poppy wouldn't move into the right position.  She even had to get another sonographer in to help... they had me coughing, jiggling and doing pelvic thrusts in the air - so embarrassing!  In the end, they got me to empty my bladder and got the dildo cam out! hehehe  It wasn't too unpleasant and the images were much clearer.

It's all starting to feel a bit more real now! I'll post the pic in the scans thread original.gif

#157 Jacapanthus

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

Oooh congrats La Neige! original.gif I never drink as much water as they say because I ALWAYS get told to go and empty my bladder because its way overfull and that is so hard when you are busting!! I just have a glass of water before I leave home and one in the waiting room and that's usually fine.

but I have to wait a week for the results, even though I had my bloods done 2 weeks ago.

Wow, mine have always been given on the spot. I guess it depends if they have the doctors on site or not. I am going to a new place this time so hopefully we'll get ours on the spot again this time.

#158 Lumikki

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

They don't have doctors on site, I think.  But you'd think that all they have to do is put the numbers into their computer and it works it out, then they send that to your doctor?  I have an OB appt on Tuesday and they won't be there in time sad.gif

#159 Jacapanthus

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

That's a bummer. sad.gif

Its going quiet again in here. original.gif Everyone out enjoying their weekend I hope.

I am starting to feel a little better which is nice. Still very tired but not as queasy as before.....hope its the beginning of the end of the morning sickness. Had a bit of a fright this afternoon when I had a sharp pain in my lower belly. It went away when I lay down though, think it was just from eating so much crap. blush.gif

I hope everyone is well. waves.gif

#160 twilightangel

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Sorry that I haven't made it back in here but OMG have I been so busy. DD2's birthday went well, we took her and the other kids to the drive in movies to watch The muppets and Alvin and The Chipmunks 3, was such an awesome night. I've also been busy getting the older 2 ready for school tomorrow, yay! I will be very happy to not touch contact for another year, lol.

My scan went really well on Friday, heart beat was 155bpm. The lady doing the scan was lovely and went through all the anatomy quite thoroughly. Bubs had one hand near his/her face the whole way through the scan and feet crossed at the ankles, so cute. I got one picture of bubs so I will try to scan the pic and put it in the Ultrasound thread.

Have my first antenatal appointment with the hospital Monday next week. Looking forward to it.

Well I'm off to bed, early start tomorrow.

#161 ~A2~

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.