Due 1st - 15th August, 2012 #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#51 Inigo Montoya

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Just a quick one as I'm on my iPhone, but Artful I just saw the doctor you recommended at CBD west and I really liked him!! So much better than the other one I saw. Thanks so much for recommending him original.gif

#52 magicalsurprise

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Jacapanthus @ 09/01/2012, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds good magicalsurprise! Where are you? Its not that hot here, its a perfect day actually. DS1 and I just has a swim which woke me up a bit but not that much.

DS2 is refusing to get out of bed after his nap which is a problem.

I have a definite blob on my front now (not quite a bump) - but I am not sure its that much bigger than the other two. I remember by 10 weeks with #1 I had to undo all my work pants when I was sitting and I got busted by my boss once when he came into my office to talk to me and I spun round and my fly was open laughing2.gif. But then I was younger and skinnier back then. I am 9 weeks now and not fitting into my jeans and only wearing stretchy things or pants that are very low slung. No one has said anything yet, I think they feel sorry for me for packing on some kilos over the holidays LOL.

We're in the lockyer valley, SEQLD. Another scorcher today apparently! Its very warm already. Wouldn't mind a swim! Can't wait till tomorrow and DD1 gets the plaster off and we can all swim again! Yay!

I'm with you on the pants. I'm living in anything stretchy at the moment while I can. Don't have to put anything decent on in school holidays lol.

#53 Artful

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Inigo Montoya @ 09/01/2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick one as I'm on my iPhone, but Artful I just saw the doctor you recommended at CBD west and I really liked him!! So much better than the other one I saw. Thanks so much for recommending him original.gif

I'm so glad  smile1.gif  I thought he was awesome as well. Is he going to do the care for your pregnancy?

#54 BusyBee01

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Booked my NT scan for 27th jan, looking forward to finally seeing bubs. Feeling better today, ms mainly confined to driving in the car ( I hear you Sarahbubble) and late afternoon/dinner time, which is a bit of a pain but oh well!

Hahaha, agree on the pants thing. Just bought new clothes back in Sept, now I can't wear them. Lucky I hadn't gotten rid of all the old ones yet! Still need to dig through the cupboard for my last pregnancy bras, I know they are in there somewhere. I can't wear half the ones in my drawers, might as well pack them up because they are no good for breastfeeding either.

Dragged the elliptical machine into the house yesterday (with the help of son's skateboard lol). Hub grumped, but didn't say anything. Thinking that if I actually do some exercise, it might help my energy levels as they are very low atm. Given we are all getting closer to the end of 1st trimester, they should pick up again soon. looking forward to that. biggrin.gif

#55 sam78s

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

I just went to a baby shop. I had to hold back because there were so many cute things!  It's too early for me to buy stuff, plus the fourth baby won't need anything!

I'm spewing, my NT scan is not until the 30th. The place likes to do it at 12.5 weeks, and I had to wait until school went back anyway.

I'm having a bit of a negative thinking day today. I keep wondering if everything is ok. I think about my sister who was still having morning sickness and all the symptoms but found no heartbeat at her 12 week scan. She'd had an early scan and it all seemed ok then. I would hate to have gone through all this sickness and the grumpiness I've put my family through to have no baby at the end. Sigh. I'm just overthinking everything today.

Ok, thinking happy thoughts.

#56 Inigo Montoya

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Artful @ 10/01/2012, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so glad  smile1.gif  I thought he was awesome as well. Is he going to do the care for your pregnancy?

Yeah he was just straight to the point and actually listened to me original.gif I'll probably see him until I start seeing the midwives.

So I just rang up for my 12 week ultrasound appointment, couldn't get the day the dr said to go (12w2d) so will be 12w5d which is still in the time frame I know but I'm just impatient haha. But wow it's expensive hey and no Medicare rebate! I don't care cos I would pay it no matter the cost I was more shocked at no Medicare rebate rather than the cost. Can't wait to see baby!

#57 DecafJane

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

So sorry about your sister, Sam78s.

My NT is on the 25th of January. I'm not really nervous about it, maybe because it is still a couple of weeks away. I can't do anything about the result, anyway. I guess having such a thorough scan at 10 weeks helped, but they can't check for anencephaly or any of the trisomies at that point.

The monster nausea that for 24 hours seems to be easing. Sticking to VERY simple foods (i.e. bread, baked beans, 2 minute noodles) is keeping everything settled.

I was a bit naughty this morning and bought some MCNs. Started out buying two at the Daily Baby Buys sale (Lil Daks nappies), then I bought 4 at Hippybottomus (4 for price of 3), and then wandered to the Bambooty site and picked up a couple to trial there at their sale area (half price), so now I'll have a good selection to try (but will likely end up with more).
They are all fitted in the "small" size and I know I"ll need bigger after a couple of months, but wanted to start out with cloth if I could, anyway. If they are still a bit too big, I'll go with traditional cloth plus covers for a bit.

#58 Artful

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Inigo Montoya @ 10/01/2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah he was just straight to the point and actually listened to me original.gif I'll probably see him until I start seeing the midwives.

So I just rang up for my 12 week ultrasound appointment, couldn't get the day the dr said to go (12w2d) so will be 12w5d which is still in the time frame I know but I'm just impatient haha. But wow it's expensive hey and no Medicare rebate! I don't care cos I would pay it no matter the cost I was more shocked at no Medicare rebate rather than the cost. Can't wait to see baby!

My scan is at 12 weeks 5 days as well.  Can't believe there isn't any rebate. Where are you going for yours? I am going to the women's imaging service in Subi on 31 January. Can't wait to be able to tell people!!

Jane - 2 minute noodles seems to be a bit of a fave of mine at the moment as well.  However I had steak, homemade coleslaw and baked potato for dinner last ngiht and DEMOLISHED it. It seems to have been just what the doctor ordered

#59 sam78s

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

I can't even imagine eating 2 min noodles.  Just the smell...

I've been eating 'real' meals lately and feeling soooo much better for it.  Too bad I won't be doing this baby thing again, or I would say I've found my m/s cure!  I still am a bit queasy, but nothing like before.  We are having BBQ and salad for dinner.  Can't wait.

Thanks Jane. It happened this time two years ago, and she's had a healthy little boy since then, but it sticks in your brain (like all the horror stories you read on EB!).  Yay for MCN.  I've used it for all my boys.  It was so different 6 years ago.  I am going mostly old school this time, terry flats.  They dry so easily in the winter, and work.  What more could I ask for?  

Stay well everyone.

#60 Artful

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

I had subway for lunch, asked for it toasted, but then when I ate it the chicken was cold.  I was so hungry I only noticed it halfway through  sad.gif   I heated up the chicken in the microwave before eating the rest but now am worried about the cold deli chicken I did eat.  Idiot, I shouldn't have had it all   mad.gif

I know the chances of getting listeria are so low as to be ridicuous, particularly from 5 bites of cold chicken on one day, but am worried now anyway.

#61 Lumikki

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

Mmmm Subway!  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll know to just nuke it straight away next time.  I had a meatball sub from there last week (no salad, just olives and honey mustard dressing) and it was soooo good!  It was only a 6" though and I was so tempted to go back and get another one!

I'm now all booked up for a busy 12th week!  Scan on 20th, tour of the birthing centre on 22nd, then 1st OB appointment on 24th.  Can't wait to get the scan over and done with so I can tell the world and start doing some serious shopping biggrin.gif

Someone on the Facebook group mentioned raisin toast the other day and I couldn't get it out of my head.  Today I had it for breakfast, morning tea and lunch.  DP is currently cooking something healthy for dinner, but the smell is putting me off.  There's no way he'd let me have raisin toast instead though! hehehe

#62 MegsW

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Sam - so sorry about your sister.  My aunty had the same thing happen to her about 6 years ago, so it has been a big fear of mine.  Can't wait to get past the 12 week scan, but I still have about 4 weeks to wait as I can't even get in for my first midwife appointment until 2nd of February!

Had my first coffee tonight for about 5 weeks!  It wasn't bad.  I went to make myself a cup of tea (I have only just started drinking one or two a day again) and was making DH a coffee.  It smelt so good decided to try and I actually enjoyed it!

Indigestion has started again - bluergh, don't enjoy this part.  Might need to get some mylanta or gaviscon from the chemist.

Anyway, need to finish some sewing to post an order tomorrow so better get off here.

Talk soon x

#63 MizRhi

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

6th Feb is going to be a busy US day. I know quite a few of us are on that day, and its even mine and another ladies birthday (Sorry Ali, not sure who you are on here.) Bring it on. Im totally ready now original.gif

#64 hippie_chick_1980

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

Sam78s and MegsW...that's awful, I'm sorry. Yikes and here I was thinking "the m/s is a GOOD thing, the m/s is a GOOD thing..." Nothing is guaranteed in life I guess! Oh gosh, well bring on the 12 week scans and hopefully good results for us all!

Decaf Jane, baked beans are currently one of my favourite foods. I don't eat meat but I eat seafood and DH is totally despairing of me right now cos I cannot stomach the thought of fish or anything I'd normally want for dinner...all I want is peanut butter on toast or baked beans! ("But my lil fella needs PROTEIN!!! Are you sure you don't want me to cook you some fish? Or how about a big juicy steak?! You want baked beans AGAIN?!") I know he's right, I know I should be eating protein and vegetables but ugh the texture feels all wrong in my mouth...

So I went back to my GP yesterday to get the referral for the 12 week ultrasound. He is so lovely and has been my GP for years but honestly the couple of times I've been in there I have come out thinking, hmm he did not tell me anything I don't already know! He hasn't even taken my blood pressure or anything - the first time he just sent me for bloods and gave me a script for drugs to fight the m/s (which I have refused to take, drugs kinda freak me out which I do realise is probably pretty silly) and yesterday he just wrote me the referral and asked about how I was feeling and told me it all sounds like it's going swimmingly! Is that normal???

#65 apple80

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Such awful stories sam78s and MegsW. I always felt terrible for those who had miscarriages before, but I didn't realise before I was pregnant myself how draining the first few weeks are physically and emotionally and how much energy is already invested in the pregnancy early on. Hopefully all of us here will have happy tales to tell in a few weeks.

hippie_chick_1980 what your GP is doing sounds normal to me. If you have had all your early blood tests, have discussed what kind of care you are having (as in public/shared care/private obs) and are familiar with basic food advice there is not really much to do until you are further along. Pregnancy related hypertension isn't an issue until later in pregnancy so there is no need to take BP this early on, and you don't start to feel the uterus/baby and listen to the heartbeat until later either. So unless you had particular questions or concerns that weren't answered I wouldn't worry.

Artful listeria is SO rare, some doctors I know basically ditch the food advice and call it "listeria hysteria" because the risk is so low. I wouldn't worry. I know, easy to say. I had these grand plans to be super relaxed and go with the flow but I worry all the time.

AFM - not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow! Thank goodness I only have a couple of days this week until the weekend.

#66 hippie_chick_1980

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Thanks apple80...I figured he probably knew what he was doing but at the same time I couldn't help thinking, shouldn't there be more to it than this??? Haha!

#67 sam78s

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

hippie chick - I'm seconding apple80's advice.  My OB barely did more than that when I would see him.  I don't think I will go to the GP before my 16 week book in to the hospital this time, unless I am worried about something.  Wait, I'll have to get my NT results, won't I?  This whole public thing is so different!  I've been eating much better the past few days, and it's actually made me feel better.  Well, not today.  Feel like crap today.  Must be the wind.

apple80 - I don't envy you going to work.  Being a SAHM (mostly) has probably made me less tired this time around.  I start back studying soon, I am wondering how I will go with exams and a big pregnant belly.  'Listeria hysteria' - I love that.  I eat whatever I want.  I'm not trawling around kebab shops or hotdog stands at 3am on Saturday mornings, so I think I am pretty safe.

Megs - What do you sew?  I wish I had the time. I can't even imagine doing it at home, the boys would be crawling all over me.  I like to make little bits and pieces, things that are quick and make me feel like I have accomplished something.  I made all the lolly bags for DS1's b'day party last year.  My first appointment with a midwife at the hospy is not until the 20th of Feb!  Lucky I know what I am doing.

Yeah, it sucks losing a baby.  My first preg was a m/c, but if I'd known now what I knew then I think it wouldn't have been such a shock.  The dates didn't match up on the scan I had when I started spotting, and it all went downhill after that.  My GP at the time got me all confused too, but he was actually really good when they confirmed no heartbeat, a week and a half after that first scan (where there had been a heartbeat, albeit a slow one).  I shouldn't talk about it in here, I don't want to freak anyone out!  It's kind of wrecked any subsequent pregnancies, you don't want to get too excited.  

Anyhoo, enough of this depressing talk.  I might go and join the FB group.  See what's going on in there.

Ooh, and I'm 10 weeks today.  Now I am gestating a fetus.  

xx

#68 DecafJane

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hooray! Welcome to the foetus club!

I swear I kind of feel little popping, slight movement sensations intermittently when I'm still. I guess I'll know in a few weeks whether it is bub or not.

#69 Jacapanthus

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi all,

Another one just feeling pretty negative and worried about things at the moment. sad.gif I feel so guilty about the taking too much Vitamin B6 thing and I also realised today that the fish oil supps I was taking have vitamin E in them and that is not recommended prior to conception or in early pregnancy. cry1.gif I can't even bring myself to tell DH, he will be so mad. sad.gif I just feel like I keep trying to do the right thing and keep doing everything wrong for this poor fetus trying to grow inside me. cry1.gif

Sorry to be a downer. I did SO much research when I was pregnant the first time but I just got complacent and a lot of new stuff has come out now about different risks and I guess I just didn't keep abreast. I know chances are I haven't done any harm but I'm still so worried and just want to know everything is ok and I know I won't have that reassurance until the 18 week scan really. I am seeing my OB on Tuesday so hopefully he'll be able to say something reassuring to me. In the meantime you girls are all I've got. I just feel like with all this stuff I can't let myself get excited about anything and its hard atm as I can't talk to anyone either. sad.gif

Other than that I am ok. Still a bit queasy and tired but managed to do a bit more today which is good.

Hope everyone is well!

#70 BusyBee01

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Jacapanthus everything will be fine, stop stressing - that's probably worse for bubs that the extra vitamins. At least you realised and stopped taking them fairly quickly. There is always new and wonderful information coming out and if you listened to everything you would probably only be able to eat dry bread and carrot sticks! Just relax, eat balanced, exercise regularly and if you are taking anything make it a pregnancy supplement or just folate.

DecafJane, I have felt a few tiny bumps - I think the doc would say it is still to soon to be bubs - but I like to think it is. wink.gif

My son is begging me to put a "grumpy boy" in, so mad.gif

Hippiechick my doc sounds very much like yours & I love it. Leads to a relaxed pregnancy!

AFM, ms has eased again so YAY! Definately back to work, start my new job on 6th Feb for 6 months so looking forward to the brain stimulation, oh and the funds to pay for the new car! lol

10 weeks on friday for me too!

#71 Jacapanthus

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks Busybee. I just went through my records from my first pregnancy and the pregnancy multi I took back then actually had even more Vitamin E in it (and still does actually but I no longer take it) and DS is fine. Its such a horrible feeling though realising that this book that I placed so much faith in is wrong or at best out of date now. sad.gif I am ONLY taking my pregnancy multi now and have done for the last week or so. Prior to that I would sometimes take a fish oil (with E) tab as well and when TTC I was taking quite a lot of it. Thanks for the soothing words, I am sure all will be fine, its just the worst feeling in the world to google something and have all this negative info come up. I guess with DS1 (7 years ago) there wasn't quite as much Dr Google scary stuff out as there is now. I think I will go and meditate or something now LOL.

Glad you are feeling better original.gif. My son loves the emoticons too!! laughing2.gif

#72 Bella81

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hi everyone!!

I'm only new to this forum but it is so comforting reading your posts and knowing that so many of you are going through similar issues! I am 11 weeks tomorrow and I'm having TWINS! I am so excited and also overwhelmed all at the same time... I have been very lucky and not had any morning sickness... but have had some reoccurring headaches etc... and I have put on close to 5 kg's... way over the recommended weight! I blame it on the delicious food that my mother prepared for Christmas and my increased apetite!  biggrin.gif

I have my 12th week scan next Friday... it seems like it's still a lifetime away!! I haven't really shared my news with anyone besides my BFF and my immediate family and it has been a little difficult to hide... so I am so excited to shout the news from the roof tops and of course to start buying some gorgeous baby clothes!!

Looking forward to hearing all your news... xx

#73 sam78s

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Jane, I feel those pops too.  Then I fart.  LOL I think I felt my first pg at about 22 weeks (!), the next at about 17 and then about 15 for #3.  Even watching my baby bounce around in my belly at the 20 week scan I couldn't feel anything the first time!  Now I still get 'phantom' kicks.  You'll know when you feel it for sure.  Then sometimes you'll want a rest from all the action in your belly!  FYI, they love to have a good old kick around when you go to bed.  I have an American app that told me about the 'fetus', I didn't think it looked like the right spelling but I was too lazy to check.   blush.gif

My 'k' key on my laptop is broken.  So is the up arrow.  I might have to get a USB keyboard or I'll never get any school work done.

Congrats Bella.

Poor Jacapanthus, it must be playing on your mind.  It's so hard to stop thinking sometimes.

Edited by sam78s, 12 January 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#74 Jacapanthus

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:15 AM

Its ridiculous how anxious I am actually. I am not usually an anxious person at all. Going to try and chill out now.

#75 hippie_chick_1980

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

Haha BusyBee you are so right - honestly can you girls imagine if we took every single piece of advice / warning we heard / read as gospel??! A) We'd be surviving on carrot sticks pulled from our own gardens and B) We'd all have gone completely insane by now!

DH would probably argue that it's too late for me as far as point B goes unsure.gif

So anyway, I agree that you'll be totally a-OK Jacapanthus. I keep thinking, women have been having babies for a fair while now and up until recently there was none of this information overload, women just did it. And we're all here and pretty OK aren't we?! Last time I checked I didn't have 2 heads...

Congratulations Bella! Twins!

I'm glad my doc sounds normal to everyone...I was starting to wonder whether he was just getting old (he's not really very old) or was just too excited for me (he's been asking me about getting pregnant for a couple of years now) and was forgetting to do any actual health checks on me and was happier to just sit there grinning at me whenever I go see him wink.gif

Meanwhile, being back at work is HARD. Day 1 was OK but I have been in struggle town since then. I am so TIRED and just can't shake the m/s. I am trying to eat small amounts through the day and that kind of helps. But the tiredness! My god! YAAAAWN...

Have a good day everyone x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.