Kitchenaid appliances
Which colour did you choose

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 neaka

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi everyone!

I was lucky enough to have been given a Kitchenaid Food Processor for xmas in Red.

My kitchen is very neutral i tend to go for greys, whites and blacks and im wondering if i should keep the Red!!!

The red is very nice, i plan to collect all three appliances over time and was originally thinking id get black.

What colour did you choose? Do you have the same colour for all three appliances?

Silly dilemma, i know! I think ill end up opening and using the red before i get a chance to swap it anyway!

#2 Guest_- beach_baby -_*

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Cherry red, it goes faster original.gif

My kitchen is very neutral so I can afford to be a bit daring with my colours.

My Le Creuset is also red but my Nespresso machine is black.

#3 CountryFeral

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Orange here!

I love him...

If I was more of a 1950's housewife I would have gone the baby blue, but i'm actually more of a funky 60's/70's co-habitator.

#4 YandiGirl

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've got red as well. All four appliances. I too generally go for neutral coloured appliances, including stainless steel, but the kitchenaid stuff and my cast iron cookware are all in red, just for fun. original.gif

#5 neaka

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Thanks ladies!
Yeah im starting to think given that my whole house is pretty neutral maybe its time i spread my wings and lash out on some colour!

I think im convinced.... Donna Hay Cheesecake here i come!

#6 Party of 5

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

My KA is boysenberry so I think I will be waiting for sometime before the bring out any countertop in that colour sad.gif

#7 lclb

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Our KA is pistachio.. I just bought a KA blender in almond cream

#8 Hooray Henry

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Mine is black, she's gorgeous  wub.gif

#9 ironbutterfly

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

I picked my KA mixer in almond cream because I can get the others in the same colour (don't tell DH I was planning this all along  ph34r.gif )

But with your colour scheme red does sound like it would go lovely  blush.gif

#10 tibs

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Mine is pink.  They have the blender in Australia in pink but not the food processor (yet, fingers crossed!)

#11 Cranky Kitten

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Black Caviar here - the sparkles are so pretty. Mind you, Betty was a present from DH and the kids so I didn't pick the colour, DD did - she has excellent taste original.gif

#12 chickendrumstick

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Mine is cobalt blue and named Bertha after my equally hard working Grandma. The kitchen is different shades of grey and I just love the way she stands out.

#13 MrsLauren

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

i'd go cream, black or blue.

#14 Guest_gone2thebeach_*

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

I have a candy apple red stand mixer wub.gif

Not sure if the other appliance were made in Candy apple or just the stand mixer?

Enjoy your baby.. I just made a cheesecake in mine wink.gif

EFS

Edited by gone2thebeach, 08 January 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#15 mal'occhio

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

I have the ice blue, and her name at the moment is Bernard, after Bernard King.

#16 mal'occhio

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (tibs @ 08/01/2012, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine is pink.  They have the blender in Australia in pink but not the food processor (yet, fingers crossed!)

Not in 2012 I'm afraid sad.gif  I've seen the importer's 2012 brochure.

Also, anyone who might be in the market for the blender might like to know that they're phasing out the glass jug model, and will only have the polycarbonate. This *might* make it harder to get replacements in the future.

#17 1b1g

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

My Mum brought mine for christmas but I got to choose the colour - I went the almond cream - it goes well with our stainless steel appliances (especially the Diadema Regal coffee machine - they are both so retro looking, such a perfect match)

I will be getting the rest of the applicances in the almond cream...

#18 Floral Arrangement

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Mine is called "my best friend" and is ice blue. We would have bought empire red if we had bought it ourselves. "my best friend" was from my mum for Christmas. She had actually seen a sunbeam mixer 2nd hand asked me if that was okay for dh and I for Christmas, I said awesome sounds good. Was gone when she went back. Very unlike her, but she knew dh and I went to kitchen shops and dribbled over the kitchen aids. I had a physical reaction (spontaneous crying) to receiving "my best friend", it was totally unexpected.

Don't change the colour it sounds lovely. Have you named yours yet?

Edited by FloralArrangement, 08 January 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#19 1b1g

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

I just found these - is it bad that I now want one of these...

https://www.facebook.com/unamorecustomdesig...8654&type=3

(hope the link works)

#20 ironbutterfly

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (nicb73 @ 08/01/2012, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(hope the link works)

You are evil! But I could so see a victory girl or pin up on the side of my mixer  biggrin.gif

#21 42n8

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Mine is Black and looks fabulous in my white, red & stainless kitchen.  My "Darling" takes pride of place at one end of the bench whilst my "Boyfriend", our black Jura coffee machine sits at the other.

I always LOVED and wanted the red but it would've clashed terribly with the red in my kitchen so I went for the black and love, love, love her.  The blender is next on my list - but I have to break my current one first and it seems indestructable atm.

Keep the red OP - you'll LOVE it!!

#22 TheGreenSheep

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (nicb73 @ 08/01/2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(hope the link works)

And just when you thought you'd seen it all LOL. I saw some decals out can stick on from Amazon today too.

My ol girl is imperial grey. I plan to get the processor but it doesn't come I that as well as the blender, so I just procrastinate. Almost 7 years of procrastination...

#23 Becs

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

I have the Empire red too. Our kitchen is pale yellow and black with stainless steel. I have a few bits and pieces in red and it looks fantastic on the black benchtop....

She was the screensaver on my phone for months when I got her so I could boast to everyone  biggrin.gif

#24 unicorn

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

I have a cobalt blue k5 mixer and a cream blender, I am not sure what colour processor I will be buying. I will keep to blue and cream.

Slightly OT, we will renovating our kitchen this year, so I am looking at colour schemes to match my appliances, how sad is that lol.

#25 ubermum

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

No choice, mine was a gift. I was given a chrome one to match all our stainless steel appliances.

If I had of chosen, it would have been one of the reds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.