Due 1st - 15th Aug, 2012 #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#26 hippie_chick_1980

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

roll2.gif
DecafJane
and Jacapanthus, that is so funny and I am the same right now - yesterday I had a chocolate milk and a mars bar - and I never eat that sort of stuff either! My justification was that I need extra calcium (which I guess can get me off the hook with the milk but what about the chocolates??!)

Jane, I'm glad everything is OK after your scare. So you and I have our 12 week scan today! I am terrified. DH is so fed up with my worrying - he is one of those people who doesn't worry about anything, ever and here am I, worrying about everything, all the time. I was saying to him this morning, "What if I get there and my bladder is too full? And they tell me I need to do a little wee? Do you know how hard it will be to do a LITTLE wee if I am busting??? And what if the baby is in the wrong spot and they need me to jump around and cough or something? And what if there's actually something WRONG???" He almost threw me out of the car...which my logical self is telling me is fair enough because these are ridiculous concerns and there is nothing I can do about any of them but my pregnant paranoid self just won't shut up! Oh gosh, it will be so good to have this scan out of the way so I can start to calm down...hopefully blush.gif

twilightangel - what a flipping nutbag. You poor thing. I love the revenge suggestions though.

Jacapanthus, I hope your thyroid continues to behave itself original.gif

AFM - well apart from my scan nerves, I am feeling a lot better...yesterday I felt almost normal and I'd forgotten what that feels like! So hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with good news to share! Hope everyone else is well and you QLD gals are keeping dry! xxx

#27 apple80

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

Hello all

Well I have disappeared for a while - thought I was getting away with not much "morning" sickness but the last two weeks have been pretty awful.

hippie_chick_1980 I have my 12 wk scan today too! Super nervous, am also driving husband crazy and can't wait to see bub. Good luck!

DecafJane that bleeding sounds terrifying, glad everything is OK

I am jealous of you people eating twisties and mars bars. So far this pregnancy I have been off chocolate. I think "yay, pregnant, fat anyway so may as well eat chocolate bar" but I can't stomach it cry1.gif

Can't wait to tell some people (and work out if will be sacked from new job - eek). It is still only mine and DH's immediate family at this stage.

#28 Chasing daisies

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

Good luck to the ladies having scans today.....ive still got 2 weeks till mine so im very excited for you all and seeing your u/s pics makes me a bit excited ..lol

Jane.-Im so  glad everything is ok..How scary.How did the placenta detach? Just something that happens?

#29 bubba13

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

Sorry i havnt posted in a while, i have been reading along and sounds like everyone is having and exciting time.

Twighlightangel this rain is a bit annoying, on the plus side DH is home as its to wet for him to go out in work.. not good for the business though but he works so hard normally its nice to have hime home. I always forget Tivoli drive-in is still open, need to go there one day, we live in ipswich so nice and handy.

Decafjane that sounds like it would have been scary, but you seem to have stayed very calm and handled it well, so glad to hear that everything is all good.

Jacapanthus great news on your thyroid levels, funny about being busted eating your treats, i always feel like im eating worse or not excersising as much as my friends, but why deprive yourself from a treat every now and then.

I have been back at work for 2 weeks now, am really enjoying my new job, miss my little man though, im glad its only going to be until July though.
I had my blood test yesterday for NT scan which is next tuesday. They made me weigh myself which i hadn't done since just before i was pregnant and i am 7kg lighter, i have never been this small, it now has me a bit worried, i knew i hadn't put on any weight, one of the positives of having such bad morning sickness and not being able to keep your food down but that seems like so much weight to have lost, on the weekend i was wearing pants that should be high waisted and they fell down to my hips... very strange!!?? So now i am very anxious to get my scan and know that bubs is big and healthy!

Goodluck everyone with scans today! Have fun looking at the kicking little ones.  Stay dry fellow queenslanders! biggrin.gif

#30 Jacapanthus

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

bubba13 -
I am jealous of you people eating twisties and mars bars. So far this pregnancy I have been off chocolate. I think "yay, pregnant, fat anyway so may as well eat chocolate bar" but I can't stomach it

I usually can't face chocolate either but just lately I had a hankering for a crunchie and it went down well. The Twisties were DH's fault, he bought some on the weekend and they were SO good I had to get some yesterday LOL. I never eat that kind of stuff so I don't feel too bad having it now and then. I always regret it though LOL.

I hope you feel better soon, that is a lot of weight to lose. In each of my due in groups there has been someone who lost a lot of weight in the first trimester and their babies were fine so I am sure yours will be too!

Good luck to all those having scans today. Mine is next Friday - getting nervous and excited already!

#31 DecafJane

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Bubba13, that is quite a bit to lose, I hope the MS passes and you can eat again soon!

13 weeks pregnant today! Wow, this is going quickly. original.gif I hopped on the scales today and I haven't gained any weight in the past 4 weeks, I'm still at 4kg up from my pre-pregnancy weight, even though my pants now no longer fit when they still did a couple of weeks ago. I guess everything must be shifting!

Hippiechick, don't worry too much - if you can't hold enough in your bladder, you can have an internal scan, and they give better pictures anyway at this stage.

Chasing daisies
, the placenta over the cervix detached because the uterus is growing, and that part of the uterus drops a bit as it grows, so the placenta tore away from the area that dropped. It wasn't anything I did, or didn't do, it is just a result of the uterus growing as it is meant to.

Good luck with the scans today! I'll be back after work tonight and will let you know how it goes. original.gif

And I hope everybody in south-east Queensland and nothern NSW stays dry.

#32 MegsW

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

Good luck with your scans today girls - can't wait to hear how you get on!!!

#33 angelskies

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

DecafJane so glad to hear bubby is ok!

well we got lucky the house we almost got last week? is now flooded, and the rear wall gave way so the main living area is unusable and the new tenants may have to move out so they can do repairs!!! thank crumbs we didn't get that place, our eldest is autistic and has meltdowns for days if someone new is in the house or anything moved etc!! He'd be a mess! The poor ppl though a lot of their packing boxes and stuff got damaged =(

put in an application yesterday so cross your fingers for me pretty please!!

#34 DecafJane

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

Fingers crossed for your house, angelskies!

We are back from the scan and everything went perfectly. All of the markers are low and so we don't need to do an amnio or anything. Also, the sonographer says she gets it right about 75% of the time and she thinks it is a girl (we asked)!

I will scan and upload a picture later but now I have to go to work. Good luck everybody else!

#35 apple80

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

So my scan went ok ... not great. Bubs looks fine, but my NT is over 3mm. I couldn't see exactly and they wouldn't tell me exactly or give me a risk until the bloods come back, but admitted it wasn't great. So I am pretty upset, I know there is still a good chance things are ok but I am not really feeling as reassured as I would have liked. More waiting, I was hoping to start telling friends but now I think I'll hold off for a little while. Apparently I get the blood results Tuesday. That's nearly a whole week!

Glad your scan went well DecafJane, hope there are some more happy stories for me to read later and cheer me up  original.gif

#36 Chasing daisies

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

Glad to hear the scan went well Jane..I hope you didnt think i meant you had done something to cause the bleed....i just havent heard of that before so thought i would ask....and YAY for the girl news.

Apple80..sorry you are worried about the nt results.....what do they like it to be anyway..I will keep my fingers crossed that all is ok.

Goodluck with the house angelskies

#37 magicalsurprise

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Jane - Glad your scan went well and the bleeding has stopped. Did they say anything more about the bleed?

Apple - I am sorry that you've gotten that result. Fingers crossed its good news when the blood results come in.

angelskies - Everything happens for a reason! Sooo lucky! Good luck with your new application.

Twilightangel - How did you go with the creek?

We didnt get much rain out here at all, I think our total for the last two days is about 50 mm which will hopefully make things a bit greener. I put off my Toowoomba trip yesterday because of the warning.

I put on Fb today that I am finally starting to feel better. I have energy galore and I'm eating again! original.gif original.gif I think the kids going back to school has really helped give me a rest this week!

#38 Jacapanthus

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Jane - glad your scan went well. I think I am going to ask our sonographer their opinion on the sex too, even though I know its not reliable at that early stage.

Apple - so sorry your scan wasn't great, that must be worrying. Stay positive though,  I know a few people who were given very bad odds and after further testing/birth their babies were fine.

angelskies - wow, so lucky re that house!! Awful for the other people though. Hope you get another one soon.

I am over this rain! Thank goodness it hasn't been like this all school holidays! I am really ready for school to go back now. DH is off work for the next 4 days too - yay, so no more solo parenting days before school goes back. ddance.gif

Edited by Jacapanthus, 25 January 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#39 twilightangel

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Jacapanthus - It must be a relief to know that your thyroid levels are now ideal. OMG I have been loving Twisties at the moment and I am always drinking choc milk. I craved it during DS2's pregnancy to the point that when the petrol station I would buy them from every morning on my school run stopped stocking the brand I loved I complained and they restocked them just for me, lol. After bubs was born they disappeared again. Pity I can't get that brand here in QLD though. Sorry you got caught by your friend enjoying your treat.

LaNeige - Believe me it is very tempting and DH would love to do it. The guys car could end up in Darwin or Cairns or a small town, deserted road in between lol.

DecafJane - I'm glad that everything is settling down for you. The creek rose a little more but by this afternoon had dropped considerably. I can see where the water has knocked over tree branches and water reeds though. Yay to 13 weeks. So far I have only gained 500g so I am very happy with that but I am having trouble doing up a few pairs of pants too. Yay to a little girl, how exciting. Can't wait to see the pic. I was tempted to ask but I really do want this ones gender to be a surprise. I hope I have the strength to get through the next scan without asking.

Hippie_Chick - Hope your scan went well today and it has eased some of your concerns. Yes DH and I love thinking up revenge senarios, it helps us cope with the frustration I guess cause then we can have a good laugh about it.

Apple80 - I can't tolerate chocolate at all with this pregnancy, with DD1 and DS2 I craved it. Now I just get a very upset belly. Fingers crossed that when it is combined with the bloods the results are low risk. I hope the next week isn't too hard on you.

Chaising Daisies - I hope the next two weeks pass quickly for you. I love seeing u/s pics too.

Bubba13 - Yay to getting to keep DH home. Mine is up north and probably won't be able to get through if it floods too bad. Oh well, hopefully he will make it home for the weekend. Wow poor you, you must have been so sick to have lost 7kg. I am sure bubs is still healthy in there though so try not to stress too much, I know easier said than done.

Angelskies - OMG how lucky is it that you didn't get that house, feel sorry for the people living in it though. Fingers crossed for you.

MagicalSurprise - The creek rose a little higher but by this afternoon had dropped heaps so I am very relieved. Can't believe how much rain there has been here though. I agree, having the kids at school again has made me feel better. I'm getting an afternoon nap in when the younger 2 do and not constantly cleaning as the house isn't getting as trashed. Pity there is no school tomorrow, lol.

Loving the fact school is back in and surprisingly not finding the early mornings too bad. Antenatal appt at the hospital on Monday so looking forward to that. Brought bubs an outfit the other day, so cute but omg there are hardly any unisex clothes out there. How am I going to remain strong enough to keep this baby's gender a surprise.

#40 angelskies

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

woot we got the house. so now just have to finish packing and move - the van comes on monday!! eep!!  luckily tomorrow is a public holiday and my husbands office is closed on friday because well no one wants to go in lol so will have some extra hands to help with the kids and the packing

*panics* we will get there lol we always do. now hopefully won't have to move again for a good number of years as i hate it i really do!!

#41 magicalsurprise

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Good luck with the move Angelskies!

#42 Chasing daisies

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Congrats Angelskies..You must be relieved

Twilight angel..Hope the appt goes well on monday

Jacapanthus...Enjoy ypour last 4 days of school hols....nice to hear you will have hubby home to help

magical surprise..You sound like things are definetly getting better which is nice to have in my mind

#43 Jacapanthus

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

That's great angelskies!! tthumbs.gif Good luck with the move - I hate moving too! Who doesn't really?

#44 DecafJane

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Chasing daisies @ 25/01/2012, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear the scan went well Jane..I hope you didnt think i meant you had done something to cause the bleed....i just havent heard of that before so thought i would ask....and YAY for the girl news.

Thanks! That is okay, I didn't think you meant that, I just wanted to be reassuring that there is nothing specific that you should be avoiding so that this doesn't also happen to you. wink.gif

There is more blood there on the scan, so it will continue for a while unfortunately. I'm saddest because we can't DTD until it has stopped for 2 weeks. sad.gif

Apple, I'm sorry your scan results have been concerning. Good luck with the blood results.

Magicalsurprise, I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Angelskies, congratulations on the house! Good luck with the move. I hate moving, too.

My picture is up on the facebook page, I haven't put it up here because it has my real name on it. I'll crop another one if any of you aren't on FB and would like to see it. original.gif

#45 twilightangel

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

DecafJane - I'd like to see it please.

#46 MegsW

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hi all,

hope you had a great Australia Day with your families and friends.  We ended up taking the kids to the local pool, which was full of other families spending the day together and it was really nice.  We bought chicken and chips for lunch, watched a movie together and then I had an afternoon nap, so it was a nice day!  DH is heading off to Puckapunyl tomorrow for 2 weeks with his Army Reserves training.  And the kids go back to school next week so I hope I can get up in time without him here LOL!  So used to the sleep in's over the holidays.

MS - glad you are feeling better.  Looking forward to getting my energy back a bit more, although it is slowly getting there.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be better!

Angelskies - best of luck with the move, hope it all goes smoothly xx

TwilightAngel - glad the water has subsided - that looked really high and a bit more than scary!!! As for keeping the gender a secret - I take my hat off to you, I am so impatient I have never been able to wait LOL!  And I am feeling so sure that this is a girl, I really need to know because if it is a boy I need to get my head around it. (Sorry I know that sounds awful because a healthy baby is the most important thing, but it is so fixed in my head that it is a girl I know I would be shocked if it came out a boy!)

Angel - I am sorry that the results have come back high.  I really hope that with the combined results it helps to put your mind at ease xx

Okay, really need to go to bed I think.  Have a great night girls xx

#47 hippie_chick_1980

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hi ladies!

I hope you all had a great Australia Day - MegsW, your day sounds like it was lovely!

Congrats on the house Angelskies! I hope the move went / is going well.

Big congrats on the girl news DecafJane! Pity you can't DTD for 2 weeks though...man that SUCKS! But at least all is well with bub original.gif

Apple80, I will have my fingers and toes crossed for you that eveything works out OK for you and bub. Does anyone else feel like it can be hard to enjoy being pregnant cos of all the information we're overloaded with? All the numbers and measurements and percentages we have to think about and worry about and consider? I guess it's great that modern science gives us so much insight into how our lil bubs are developing but sometimes I wish I was in the 1950s and just able to put my feet up, have a cocktail and say, well I'm pregnant, in 9 months I'll either have a baby or I won't! In some ways, ignorance can be bliss I think...I don't know...

It sounds like all you QLD mums are staying dry(ish) - that is good news!

AFM - my scan went really well on Wednesday. "Benny" had a good heartbeat and was super active and put on a great show for us, doing somersaults and waving etc! Was amazing, I couldn't believe how clear it all was. DH and I both thought we'd sit there and kind of just smile and nod as the sonographer pointed everything out but it was all clear as day! So exciting - and DH is proud as punch, it was so cute, he just kept staring at the pics afterwards and showing them off to everyone! The biggest news is that I'm actually 14 weeks along rather than the 12 I thought! Which is weird cos I would have put a lot of money on my dates being accurate - I can't quite work it out. But it means I now have a due date of 25 July not 4 August! Is it OK with everyone if I stay in this DIG though?! It would be weird to suddenly appear in the July group!

Haha and now that I am magically 14 weeks, my MS is GONE!!!! I feel AMAZING!!! eexcite.gif

#48 Kay1

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

Edited by Kay1, 27 January 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#49 Inigo Montoya

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hi Ladies!

I hope you're all well, I notice some of you are still sick, that's awful! I hope it eases up ASAP as we come into our second trimester.

I just found out I actually DO have access to EB at work! This could get dangerous... I wonder if I can only access it at lunch? I will try again this afternoon original.gif

Congrats to all of you who have had scans recently! I know most of you have posted them on the FB group, I love seeing the pics, I can't believe how quickly they change into looking like an actual baby. My scan has been moved forward a few days so now it's next Thursday, 6 more sleeps, DH and I can't wait.

Angelskies, congrats on getting the house! It must be a relief - well, until the actual move! Bet you just want to get moved in and set up and relax!

Jacapanthus, good to hear your thyroid levels are all good.

Hope everyone is staying dry, we don't get much news about the weather over east living in Perth, but I make sure to read the VIC, NSW and QLD papers online so I can keep up. Sounds pretty crazy over there, like those states need to deal with weather like this again!

Sorry this hasn't been a very personal post, now I know I have access at work I will be able to keep more up to date but logging on every lunch time original.gif

xx

#50 MegsW

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Why oh why do I venture into the General threads, this poor little baby must be bubbling away with all my stress hormones

Arrrrrgggghhhhhhhh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.