Due 1st - 15th Aug, 2012 #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#51 Chasing daisies

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Megsw...Are you ok? which thread has upset you

#52 Curious.chicken

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

I'm so slack – apologies to the non-FBers for my lack of personals in here!

DecafJane – It's so exciting that we're all getting to 12 & 13 weeks already! Finally we can let things hang out a bit more without worrying that people will notice wink.gif Great that your weight has stayed static. Congrats on your scan results – and yay for a girl!

AngelSkies: OMG that was a lucky miss – cripes! ETA – congrats on the new place! EEEK... good luck with the packing this weekend.

Apple – Wow a whole week for the bloods? Try to keep positive – as my OB said 19/20 high risk results are false positives. It sucks having to wait for a bit longer but it will make sharing all the more special.

Chasing Daisies - waves.gif

Magicalsurprise – great that you're feeling good again. Must be nice having some quiet time again too after the holidays?

Jacapanthas – totally over the rain too – although Sydney hasn't fared too badly compared to the rest of the country.

Twilightangel – Good luck for your appt on Monday – do you normally get a peek at the baby at those appointments? Im pretty sure my OB isn't going to look every time (but I'm secretly hoping he does). Unisex clothing is a mission – we've been window shopping but all the cute stuff is pink & blue.

MegsW - waves.gif

hippie chick – Go Benny! So cute when they're waving and wriggling around. Can't wait to see our little rugrat next week. Such a surprise being 2 weeks further though! Absolutely want you to stay original.gif

Inigo – uh oh. I try to stick to EB on my phone  - work would be dangerous. You poor thing in Perth, haven't you had 40+ days for the last week or so?

AFM: We went to a BBQ on Australia day with 6 of our closest friends and shared our news. We were all sitting around the table & DH kept kicking me to say something! With a stroke of great timing a bottle of champagne was opened and I spilled the news. As one friend said “Worst kept but best secret ever!” They all picked it before Christmas which we thought they had – my “cranberry & vodka” line didn't wash!

Went to Royksopp last night which was epic! Amazing stage show -  we had the best time. Had some ligament pain afterwards so I think Goodlet was protesting my dancing a bit. Hope he/she enjoyed the vibrations though.

We've got friends coming over today for a BBQ – was going to be the “big reveal” but since we did the main people we wanted to share with on Aus Day, we'll just hang on until after the NT for everyone else. I've got sudden cold feet. NT is on Tuesday – I'm more worried about it than I want to be – more that Goodlet isn't OK, rather than the NT result comes back high risk. I'm sure it's all going to be completely unwarranted! I just want to get the hell out of the first trimester!

#53 Honeybee12

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Hi all,
I have just spent the last hour typing a nice long post to have my internet connection drop out and lose it ahh twice. I was nice and relaxed, however I'm now feeling pretty agitated. It probably doesn't help DH is putting ikea furniture together in the lounge room and cursing as he does it.
I will keep this post shorter at the risk of losing this one as well.
I'm feeling so much better the last couple of days. To say that I am excited about this is an understatement!
MegsW - I hope you are doing okay. It can be a little nerve wracking reading other threads that may not be so positive. I have been a little upset reading them too. If it helps, I focus on what I can control to give my baby the best chance of doing well.
Decaf Jane so glad everything is okay for your now after your scare. Congrats on your baby girl.
Inigo Montoya gee that could be dangerous having access at work wink.gif i'm having my scan on next Thursday too! Good luck!
Apple80 I have my fingers crossed for you that your bloods come back okay.
Angelskies I really hope the move goes well. Congrats on getting the house.
Magical surprise thanks for the comforting thought. I look forward to having as much energy as you!
Sorry to everyone I missed in this post, I will get back on again soon and post again to catch up from almost 2 weeks being awol with bad ms.
AFM the last 2 days have been great I am almost normal and not sick woohoo! tthumbs.gif
I bought my first unisex outfit that is soo cute from Mothercare on Thursday. I'm starting to enjoy being pregnant more. I'm really looking forward to the 12 week scan this Thursday.I'm having random cravings and I'm waking at 3am for the past week needing breakfast. I seem to sleep for 5-6 hours, wake at 3am have breakfast go to sleep at 4am and get up at 7am for work. Weird but my energy levels have been great and ms greatly improved.
Anyway, it's great to be back online, I hope this pattern of improvement continues and I won't leave it so long between posts. better go and get some chores done. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

#54 angelskies

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

is anyone else stunned there is already 2 due in groups after us?! doesn't feel like all that long now, already 1/3 of the way through!!

Finished up the stash buying unless its a girl (in which case i will NEED to grab her some pretties, some of the girly nappies and woolies just melt me so hard!)

megsw are you alright? you got to be careful with the general areas as they can really get to you!! or well explode in a show of b**chyness and  angst lol.

honeybee12 welcome back!!

curiouschicken - thats great that you told your friends and it went well. lol I find it funny they all figured it out and didn't tip you off on it!

moving van arrives on monday - jonathan (our youngest he is 4) is soo excited 'new house! new school! new shops! new playroom! i LOVE the new house' lol its so cute!!

eep more packing i will be missing for a few days with the net change over *sighs* so look after yourselves and the b2b of course!

#55 Chasing daisies

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

Angelskies....I seen the october due i group the other day and thpought NO WAY.....i was only thinking the other day i have  only got 16 weeks left of work...i have 12 weeks in holidays so i will be leaving early to  use them up..YAY
Hope the move goes well
Welcome back honey bee...great to hear you are feeling good
Curious chicken...LOL at your friends already knowing..what a great way to share your news.

ASFM...Well i can finally say im 12 weeks..and yes i feel heaps better still not 100% BUT way better than i was....
Kids are heading back to school on monday and Tuesday./..so its all very exciting.

#56 Jacapanthus

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi everyone,

Glad to see some of us are feeling better. I am still which is totally awesome! Still waves of nausea and a few food aversions but on the whole a heap better than I was. original.gif

I went shopping on Aus day (very patriotic LOL) by myself which was nice. My boobs have been SO sore lately - especially at night. I bought a couple of bras including one Ahhh bra from Big W. OMG it sounds ridiculous but I actually involuntarily said "Ahhhh" when I put it on! blush.gif Heaven. They only had one in my size so I'll be going back for more. Its awesome for night time and I reckon would be good for BF too as they are so stretchy you can just pop your boobs out as needed. original.gif

I was starting to think that I could feel some tiny movements even though I know its way too early. Haven't felt that just recently though so perhaps I imagined it. With DS1 I felt proper kicks at 14 weeks and mum was there and felt them too. DS2 the placenta was at the front and I felt nothing until about 22 weeks.

Chasing daisies - Mine go back Mon and Tues too - woot!! I won't know myself!

angelskies - How cute is your DS? original.gif Hope he loves his new school. All the best for the move.

Curious chicken - Yay on telling your friends. LOL that they already knew.

Inigo - Oh dangerous having EB at work. I wasted SO much time on it when I was pregnant with DS1 blush.gif. I lived in fear that someone would come in with an internet activity statement and bust me LOL. Mind you this was before Facebook so that would have been worse!

hippiechick1980 - congrats on the great scan. original.gif

Megs - Hope you are feeling less stressed now. Which thread was it? I get a bit het up about some of those too. Much better to just stay away really.

My kids are in the bath next to me. Its a massive spa bath but they still manage to fight because there's "not enough room". Gah time to put them to bed methinks.

#57 twilightangel

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Sorry in advance for the whinge ...

Friday night saw me have my first trip to hospital via an ambulance after treating myself to a cream bun. Stupid me didn't see the mould on the bottom until half way through it and whilst most wouldn't have a problem with that, I'm anaphylactic to penicillin and chephlosporins (related to penicillin). Luckily for me last night only resulted in a tingly swollen tongue, numb lips and a rash on the neck and upper chest. Am on steriods for the next few days. Was so worried about bubs and felt so stupid.

Then theres now, I've just got home from the hospital because once again I'm bleeding. The drs think it might be related to the stress on my body yesterday. They found bubs heartrate using a doppler which was a relief but I have to return tomorrow for a scan to investigate why I'm bleeding. I wish this pregnancy could be less stressful. I just want to know bubs is healthy and everything is fine. The bleeding has stopped now so I guess thats a good sign, well I hope so anyway.

Sorry for the lack of personals, I'm off to bed to rest.

#58 BusyBee01

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Wow, I know i've been away for a bit, but I have missed the start of a whole new thread! doh Been on fb a bit, but been very busy since I last posted. Trying to fit everything in before I start my new job. 1 week to go, so nothing planned except doing stuff with the kids 7 catching up with family & friends. Spent the last week sanding floors, painting walls, getting rid of some junk & then putting everything back. Hub helped with the sanding & moving some of the furniture.

had my scan on friday and all was good with bub. Strong hb, great nt measurement (1.25) & length for dates was 2 days different, so all within the normal range. Yay! Then started the car shopping process, looked at 6 different cars, but still got a few more on the list. Then review, rank & test drive. Anyone else out there have a 7 seater & can give me their +ve & -ve would be greatly appreciated. Our basic minimum is fuel economy (so pref diesel), split fold rear, must fit stroller as min in boot space with 7 seats up, no. of anchors (need to fit 3 seats across 2nd row or anchor in very back) & must have comfortable seats. Oh & price of course!

Apart from that, ms eased, feeling good but still tired. Sounds like everyone is getting closer to having their scans & getting towards the end of the ms. For anyone who isn't there yet, hang in there! rolleyes.gif Will try to post more regularly, but not sure how I'll go getting into the swing of work again 0 even if it is only 3 days a week!

Son is asking for a "grumpy one" again, so mad.gif

Shattered, time for bed for me - going to sort these kidds first though. Good luck to anyone having scans!

#59 BusyBee01

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Twighlight angel, don't you dare apologise for your post, it is definately not a whinge post! Take care of yourself, relax & give your body what it needs to be ok. I hope it all turns out to be nothing and completely understand you wanting to know everything is ok. It is perfectly normal. Look after yourself. bbighug.gif

#60 Honeybee12

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ohh Twilightangel, I hope the scan goes well tomorrow. Big hugs.
Jacapanthus, I also went shopping by myself on Australia day. It was great. BigW is great for bras. I did check out the Ahh Bra but didn't get one. Based on your 'aah' I think another shopping trip is in order!
This post going to be short and sweet. Just decided to go for a late night walk with DH. Loving having more energy!

#61 Chasing daisies

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Twilight Angel....OH you poor thing....how scary..I hope the scan goes well..i will definately be checking up on you tomorrow.

Jacapanthus...You have definately made me think about the AHH bra...im so in need of some that are comfy and you sound happy with yours...do you think they would be ok for med/large frame person??
OH lucky you on the spa bath..

Busy bee...Glad your scan went well
May i ask what a grumpy one is???....lol

Honeybee...AWWW sweet enjoy your walk

#62 twilightangel

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Thanks Busy bee. I highly recommend looking at a hyundai imax. I will pop back in tomorrow with all the pro's and con's as I'm stuck using my phone and it keeps glitching on me so I lose my posts.

#63 Jacapanthus

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Oh my twilightangel what a lot of drama! My mum is allergic to penicillin as well but I have never heard of the mould thing! ohmy.gif I don't think her allergy is that severe but I will mention it to her just in case - wow! I hope the bleed resolves now and you can relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!

Chasing Daisies - The Ahh bra comes in different sizes (Big W only had small and medium in stock so not sure how many sizes) but I'm sure the bigger sizes would be just as comfy. My boobs are not very big but my mum has a bigger bust size and she is very happy with hers too. Oh and a grumpy one is this emoticon....  mad.gif

Busy Bee - Congrats on the great scan. Good luck with car shopping. I HATE it. We bought a new car three years ago and I am desperate not to have to replace it. Will soon start trying to figure out how to fit three across the back in it! Fingers crossed!!

Edited by Jacapanthus, 28 January 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#64 MegsW

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi all

sorry about my last post.  I got caught up in a couple of the threads regarding the 'Invasion Day' and the 'Tony Abbott causing a riot' and just get frustrated when you don't know all about what the very militant posters are talking about and when you ask or dare say something they don't agree with you are labelled racist and ignorant.  All I wanted was some ideas of what will help Aboriginal people start to heal and to help with the problems they have but really struggled for anyone to answer.  Was just frustrating me and then after seeing the protestors burning the Australian Flag and spitting on it my blood was boiling so I should have backed away but I let myself get sucked in.  Having military people in my family now and in the past the flag and its' symbolism is pretty important to us and I feel exactly the same about any flag and flag burning.  So yes, I let myself get ridiculously sucked in and got overly emotional about it.  Today I felt much more removed from the thread and able to read it without getting worked up.  I should know better by now after being on here for years and years.  Anyway, enough about me lol!

Twilightangel - I am so very sorry, for both the allergic reaction that must have been very frightening and now bleeding.  I have known people that have bled throughout their pregnancy and everything has been okay.  Please let us now how you get on, and I will be sending you all the positive vibes I can xxxxxxx

Honeybee - hope you enjoyed your walk!!!

Busybee - ohh, you guys have been busy!  We need to do so much to the house but so little time and money LOL!  So very glad your scan went well and baby seems all good.  We have a Torago so probably not exactly what you were after. The back seat doesn't split but it is roomy and we love it.  I have heard wonderful things about the Imax so will be interested to hear what Twilight has to say.  Hopefully we have a bit more time with our Torago before we need to think of another car.  We have had it for about 6 years, but it is still going strong, and we bought it second hand.  Good luck with your search.

Jacapanthus - ohh, might have to look at the Aah bra.  At night I have a feeding top from Kmart that I use and it is really comfy but not much support.  It is really good for feeding when you are still wearing breast pads though.  Oh my kids are fighting over everything at the moment.  They are doing my head in!!  Cannot wait until Monday when 3 of them go back to school!

Chasing Daisies - wow not much longer left of work, how exciting!!!!  I too cannot wait for school to return LOL!

Angelskies - I know it is weird not to see our DIG down the bottom of the pile in the threads!  That is so cute with your DS and the new house, hope your move goes smoothly and you are in and settled quickly

AFM - gross here today.  You NT and QLD people can keep your humidity.  It was 35 here today and so humid.  We had a really heavy rain storm earlier that lasted for about 20 minutes with a massive thunderclap that scared the beejesus out of all of us.  But it is still hot.  I think the minimum is only going to be 23 so no hope of the house cooling down much.  It is going to be 34 again tomorrow and humid.  My eldest DD is going horse riding with my sister so I hope it isn't too gross up there for them, and Mum and Dad are taking the two eldest DS's to see the Adventures of Tin Tin so it will just be me and two kids, it will be lovely.

Right, need to get some sewing out of the way.  I have a customer order that I need to finish this weekend so I can start on my market stock which is in 3 weeks - eeep!  running out of time really quickly!

Have a great night all - and Twilightangel - take care xxxx

#65 magicalsurprise

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

Twilightangel - wishing you the best of luck today! Great Big hugs!

#66 DecafJane

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Twilightangel, take care! Good luck with the scan and finding out what has caused the bleeding.

I started bleeding a little fresh blood again last night, after hoping it was all over. It has slowed right down again this morning (knock on wood) and I'm just going to wait and see my obstetrician tomorrow morning, he'll probably have another look with the ultrasound to check, but I think it is the previa playing up again.

The worst bit was the nightmares I was having before waking up this morning. In one of them I could not stop screaming and needed sedating, and then my cat actually woke me up for cuddles, which was timely. Clearly I'm finding this distressing on a subconscious level, even though my logical mind manages to reason everything and calm me down while I'm awake. sad.gif

#67 twilightangel

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

My scan isn't until 2pm. I'm so annoyed and upset that I have to wait that long. I just want to know now. I know logically everything is probably ok but like you DecafJane I had a bad dream last night and I think thats whats upset me the most.

DecafJane - I hope everything is ok and the bleeding settles down for us both very soon.

Will be back later on this afternoon to let you know how the scan went.

#68 MegsW

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Good luck tomorrow DecafJane and Twilightangel.

Will be praying for both of you that it is all okay xxx

#69 Lumikki

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

How did the scan go, Twilightangel?

#70 twilightangel

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Well all good news here thankfully. Bubs is still happy and healthy in there with a good heartbeat at 151bpm. No obvious reason for the bleed but she agrees with me that it could have been stress related due to Friday nights allergic reaction.

I am so relieved and got 2 more pics of bubs although through the whole scan he/she was laying face down. The sonographer has also adjusted my due date to the 30th of July which was the same date as what the 12 week NT scan showed.

#71 Jacapanthus

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Oh phew! So glad to read that twilightangel. I bet you will sleep well tonight! original.gif

#72 twilightangel

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Now the Hyundai Imax ...

It is an 8 seater instead of a 7 seater but it comfortably seats 8 adults where as alot of the 7 seaters would not fit adults in the 3rd row and honestly we had a 7 seater Ford Territory and our 8 year old struggled to sit in the 3rd row with enough leg room.

Ours came standard with 3 anchor points which are located in the middle row, we paid $375 to have 3 more anchor point installed in the 3rd row with engineers certificate etc. These are installed in the floor behind the seat instead of a crab bar which takes up boot space.

Boot space is huge. I can put my pram in the boot without collapsing it with school bags and shopping. I honestly love how much boot space it has.

I have a standard petrol version and find it pretty economic but it does come in Diesel too like you want. I find it easy to drive and park. I would recommend the reverse camera being installed though.

Other little things that are handy is it has sliding doors on both slides so kids can always exit kerb side, air con vents all throughout with seperate temp controls for the rear, it has central floor heating, a good towing capacity and good value for money.

I brought mine brand new in 2010 with tint and reverse camera installed (into my rear view mirror) and paid $40,000 but we did look at a few second hand that were 2008/2009 models with only 30,000kms on the clock for $29,000 (in WA).

A tip from DH - if you don't have enough money to buy it from a dealer keep an eye out for Pickles Auction and Mayheim Fowls Auto Actions as you can pick up ex rentals from them at a great discounted price and these vehicles are well serviced and maintained etc.

Have included a link to photo's of my car, you can see it set up with the 4 car seats in it and the anchor points in the rear.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...mp;l=d1451ef3b8

#73 MegsW

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

So glad to read it is all okay Twilightangel - great news.

But you do realise I now have Car envy of you.  This might have to go down as our next car when we are ready to move on from the Torago!

#74 magicalsurprise

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

I too have car envy! That car has been on my list for a while but alas have to finish paying off the avensis!  Soooo Jealous.

Glad everything is well xoxo

#75 chepie77

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi ladies,

You probably don't remember me as I hadn't posted much, but sadly I miscarried on Boxing Day ....... I wish you all the best xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.