Due 16th - 31st Aug, 2012 #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#26 British_Kiwi

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hello, sorry not been around much, what with this tiredness and kitchen crazies I've just been posting the odd fb response. I finally have bench tops (not that I've seen them) so excited! And I get my sink and dishwasher plumbed on Friday so some sense of normalcy will return. What ms I had has pretty much gone though the last few days I've been an emotional wreck! Really wish I could quit work! For those still suffering from ms, it seems the ladies due early August are gradually getting better as they go through the 12 wk mark so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. I will be organising my kitchen and sleeping!Enjoy x

#27 FeralAlpacaWarrior

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi ladies. Congrats to those who have had scans and heard heartbeats. This is my 2nd pregnancy and as everything was pretty much ok last time (and my OB is almost impossible to get appointments with within 2 weeks), I had my initial blood tests done at 5 weeks, then will have the 12 week scan and tests on 10th February with OB follow-up a week later. Nausea has been shocking, although surprisingly better in the morning. By evening I'm just really bleargh. And of course DH wants to watch Dirty Jobs tonight (Forensic body testing, yuck). If Mike Rowe wasn't so hot...

On Monday I got a call from DD's childcare asking me to pick her up as she might have hand, foot and mouth. They had 2 confirmed cases and DD had a few spots. Took her to the dr, had to wait 2 hours, finally saw the dr, who is also my OB (he is a GP also), so bonus was that after he looked at DD he checked me over and gave me a script for Maxalon. Unfortunately it's not working very well sad.gif

DD doesn't have mouth ulcers today so it looks like she just got a light viral rash, not hand, foot and mouth. Of course because she had her birthday party on Saturday, after we saw the dr I had to let everyone who came know to be on the lookout for spots, as she may have caught it off someone at the party. What a weekend!

DH is having Friday off so thankfully he will help me with DD over the long weekend. Hope everyone's MS eases us soon. Last pregnancy mine left completely between 12-13 weeks, so bring it on!

Edited by lovealpacas, 25 January 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#28 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

cant beleive i didnt join here original.gif
due 20th ish, having a suprise, bub number 3 (1on earth, 1in heaven) live in rural WA

#29 Tippi-toes

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (firsttimer77 @ 24/01/2012, 02:16 PM)
14231597[/url]']
I have been quiet for a while due to nothing much to report. I am a bit worried about if things are progressing and if bub still has a heartbeat. I don't see my OB until 1st Feb and 12w ultrasounds isn't until 10th Feb. It feels like such a long wait. I will relax after I find out that everything is ok.

Arg! Me too! First appointment on the 3rd at 11weeks, scan on 13th. Just wanna know its all ok as feeling a bit in limbo. If a day goes by without a little cramping/ nausea I get worried something's happened. I never thought I'd ever be hoping to feel rotten but untill I see that little heart beat! original.gif

#30 mumfor3

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

mE too, my 1st doc app is 1st of Feb, only started the m/s in the last couple of days, had it right through to labour with 1st ahhh never again. I just want some sleep, i get to sleep ok but i'm awake by 1am until about 5am. iIs anyone else having this problem.
DS, DD & 1 special angle DS watching us, lucky last bbaby.gif
8 weeks

#31 suniti

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi everyone!
Glad I'm not the only one being superstitious & staying off FB until successful scan.
Just a few days now until nuchal ultrasound on Monday (will be 11 wks 6 days). Freaking out a little, particularly as I haven't had much nausea lately (I'm in the group who now stress if I don't feel sick  blink.gif ). I'm sure it'll be ok tho, no spotting, giant breasts, stretch pains in uterus - I've gotta be knocked up right?? I've also had crazy insomnia & very odd lucid dreams about pressure filled situations which isn't normal for me.
Oh & everyone in Brisbane, this rain has had me in munchie mode too - this week I've had maccas chips + apple pie, KFC twister combo  + now gearing up for Byron gourmet ratatouille pie  unsure.gif Plus I just had 2 pieces of licorice - 2 pieces can't hurt can it??
*sigh*

#32 michie0moo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

suniti - I am so over the rain too! Still craving junk. I actually just hunted through my cupboards for a sweet potato to make fries and I don't have one glare.gif Contemplating making muffins instead. It is totally normal for symptoms to fade a bit towards the end of the 1st trimester, so try not to worry. Good luck with the scan tomorrow.

AFM
Had Ob last Wednesday and all looking good. My arm is still sore from having bloods taken on Friday for NT and all the other tests but it is a bit better today than yesterday. I'm still feeling a bit crap at times but that is starting to get better too. I have to remember to book into the hospital too but I have a little bit of time before it has to be done.

#33 CCABW

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hi everyone!

Good luck tomorrow, suniti.

Michie000moo - good news about your OB appointment - it's a bit of a relief to finally see something, isn't it?

mumfor3 - I've also been suffering a bit of insomnia - as soon as I wake in the night to go to the loo, I then lie awake for hours.  Fingers crossed it stops soon!

Hi to everyone else waves.gif

AFM - still feeling nauseous but I think it's getting a bit better now (so it should be given that I am 11 wks 2 days!).  I wish I could fancy fast food like some of you other ladies, but the thought of it makes me want to hurl! I've got my nuchal scan in just over a week (6th) and am starting to worry about it.  I am an "older" mum so my odds are probably going to be fairly rubbish - oh well I guess I should try not to worry, and just deal with whatever happens...

#34 suniti

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Well I met my little baby today biggrin.gif
Too, too, too adorable. It's incredible how developed little Zig is already, balled its tiny little fists & rubbed its wee little face original.gif so incredibly special. I cried a little when I heard the heartbeat (162 bpm). Very active too, was jumping everywhere & doing acrobatics. Hope it enjoys the space, it's going to get pretty crowded in there soon.
Everything seems in the right spot, get final results tomorrow but feeling very positive. Going to get Tibetan Kitchen tonight to celebrate!
Such a massive relief. I may even get up the guts to join the FB group soon if I can figure out how!
Hope everyone is well & happy xx

#35 CCABW

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (suniti @ 30/01/2012, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I met my little baby today biggrin.gif
Too, too, too adorable. It's incredible how developed little Zig is already, balled its tiny little fists & rubbed its wee little face original.gif so incredibly special. I cried a little when I heard the heartbeat (162 bpm). Very active too, was jumping everywhere & doing acrobatics. Hope it enjoys the space, it's going to get pretty crowded in there soon.
Everything seems in the right spot, get final results tomorrow but feeling very positive. Going to get Tibetan Kitchen tonight to celebrate!
Such a massive relief. I may even get up the guts to join the FB group soon if I can figure out how!
Hope everyone is well & happy xx

Congrats on the great scan.  Too cute that it rubbed it's face!!

#36 Becs84

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hi ladies

Great news Suniti! How exciting!! I bet the little Zig will enjoy the Tibetan Kitchen as well, I have not been there in a while but it is delich!

AFM, I had my first OB appt this morning at 10 weeks. She did a scan and all is well with the little bean....3 cm and it was moving all around the place too, we got to see the head, limbs and heart beat! Such a relief, I was really anxious about it this morning. Now I just gotta book my NF scan for a few weeks!

Now all I need for the MS to disappear, I was dry reaching on the drive to the OB...wahhh!

Hi to all the other ladies and hope all is well!

#37 firsttimer77

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have the 1st OB appt tomorrow and I am very anxious about getting a scan done. I am really hoping that there is still a hheart.gif beat. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and have the proper scan on 10th Feb.
I have not really had any symptoms this time around. Mainly just the extreme tiredness and smelling everything.
I hope that you are all doing well. I have held off joining the FB group until all is confirmed that the pregnancy is still progressing.
I hope that you are all well.

#38 michie0moo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

suniti - great news about the scan! So cute how they can move their arms around already.

Becs84 - so nice to have seen the little one isn't it. I am still getting ms too but mostly just dry retching sick.gif

firsttimer77 - Good luck for tomorrow.

AFM - not much happening beyond a few emotional moments, morning sickness and fatigue. I get so bloody teary over things and it really annoys me. DH was having a go at me this morning about not getting anything done yesterday. He wasn't wholly without a point, but still I had a tough day yesterday, and him getting mad at me got me really upset, which was both upsetting and annoying because I knew I was overreacting. Total overreaction by both of us really - he is really stressed with work at the moment, but we both worked it out before he left for work. Can't wait for the first trimester to be over (although I know the over emotional stuff won't go away).

#39 Butterfly*77

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hi ladies,

Suniti Great news! I love that little Zig rubbed it's face. So sweet! Did you see any incriminating evidence tongue.gif ? Extra bits or lack thereof? Hmmmm Tibetan Kitchen *drools* I love TK. I had Montezuma's on the weekend which was super yummy but may need to make a trip to New Farm...

Becs So jealous! I can't wait to see my #2 (also 10 +1) but will need to wait a couple more weeks to see their little face and body (and bits LOL). You need to keep munching on crackers or even grapes to stop that dry retching.

CCABW & mumfor3 I'm exactly the same. I get up during the night to wee and just cannot go back to sleep. I was really tired last night after having a migraine all day and thought I would be able to sleep but just couldn't. I had bad insomnia with all recent pregnancies, hoping it will pass this time around, fingers crossed!

michie0moo *Puts her hand up* also still craving junk but surprising not as much now. I'm not as ravenous as I was a couple of weeks ago and m/s seems to be settling down. Still feel really sick if I don't eat but in between, even smells aren't as bad.

firsttimer77 Good luck for tomorrow!!!!

Hi to everyone else I missed!

AFM: As mentioned above, m/s seems to be easing somewhat but still getting other symptoms like sore, heavy boobs. They are so much fuller than ever before. DH has been working interstate for the past week and a half will get a pleasant surprise on his return biggrin.gif . I can now also feel my uterus. It's quite prominent about 5cm below my belly button. Also getting a tiny noticeable bump which will get hard to hide soon.

Very tired all the time, bit grumpy on and off but other than that, waiting for my NT scan. Will see my GP later this week to get a referral so I can book in. Can't wait!!!!

Edited by Butterfly*77, 31 January 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#40 suniti

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Woot!! Results are brilliant, super low risk for chromosomal abnormalities, SUCH a relief.
Thanks for all the kind words, can't wait till we're all over the scary nuchal scan hurdle. Butterfly, I couldn't see any incriminating evidence as still too wee but looking fwd to 19 weeks.
Totally ready to join FB now but, um, I can't figure out how!!  unsure.gif Anybody got any hints?

#41 FeralAlpacaWarrior

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Oh congrats Sunti! And I'm so jealous about Tibetian Kitchen! I haven't had it since I moved from Brisbane, might have to make sure DH and I go there when we visit next.

Nothing new going on here, no hand, foot and mouth for DD, I have been craving (and giving in!) to junk food. Macca's hash browns are divine! Too bad they don't have them all day. DD has become addicted to Playschool, which I don't mind as I have short dozes on the couch while she is entranced.

#42 Butterfly*77

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (suniti @ 31/01/2012, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woot!! Results are brilliant, super low risk for chromosomal abnormalities, SUCH a relief.
Thanks for all the kind words, can't wait till we're all over the scary nuchal scan hurdle. Butterfly, I couldn't see any incriminating evidence as still too wee but looking fwd to 19 weeks.
Totally ready to join FB now but, um, I can't figure out how!! unsure.gif Anybody got any hints?

Click here, Suniti for the thread regarding getting added to the FB page. Come join us!

lovealpacas Hash browns!!!!! *drools*

#43 Becs84

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi Ladies

Not sure if any of you are having issues with clothing at the moment, however I am..

All my work dresses are all very fitted and I now cannot zip them up over my boobs! I just had a look on the Asos website and they have awesome maternity clothes that are pretty cheap. I just bought 3 dresses for $124 and it is free postage!

http://www.asos.com/Women/Maternity/Cat/pg...y.aspx?cid=5813

Check it out!

#44 MrsGrech

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hi ladies,

Not much to report here. The same old going on, boobies hurt. I have good and bad days with nausea and I'm so tired al the time. Let's hope it gets better soon. I feel like a zombie sad.gif

Great news about the scan suniti!

Becs84, I keep looking at the asoa website but I always want to buy way too much! I'll wait til I have a bit more of a belly before I splurge original.gif

I hope everyone else is doing well. 2 weeks until my next scan and counting!

#45 FeralAlpacaWarrior

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Oh forgot to add, scan in 9 days, on the 10th. Woot woot, can't wait to see Puddin finally!

#46 White-Lily

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hello! Sorry I've been missing for a week or so, been busy! We had DD's 3rd birthday (and party) last week and I had a few days off after Australia Day and we don't yet have internet connected to our new house so that's a bit of a problem too!

lovealpacas our scan is the 10th too! So glad to hear your DD is clear from the HF&M. DD had that and it was the most miserable I have ever seen her.

Becs84 I'm having serious clothing issues! Half my wardrobe wont fit over the boobs and the other half makes me look so very pregnant which is not a good thing just yet. Avoiding telling people for a few more weeks still, well mainly just not telling work! I think I'm going to have to go shopping soon. I will check out that website original.gif thanks
Oh I did bust out a pair of maternity jeans this morning tho so right now I'm comfy!

suniti Fantastic news on your scan and the results!! It is so special to see bubby moving about.

firsttimer77 how did your first OB appointment go?

AFM So tired and wish it was the weekend already. M/S still hanging about but not as bad as it has been and heartburn has set in. Starting to get a bit panicky about next week. I wish that was over with too. Just need to see bubby again and make sure its still ok. I didnt used to be this up tight.
11 weeks tomorrow and this is about the time I started to doubt the last pregnancy and things started to go wrong

Just a few questions:
So who have you told? Just both sets of parents and our best friends (who are also expecting in Aug!). After the 12 w scan, providing good results, the rest of the family and friends will get told as we see them.
When are you telling work? Hopefully not for another 3-4 weeks. I don't know if I can physically hide it for that long but I will keep it quiet for as long as possible. I actually hope to only tell my Boss and then just let everyone work it out a few weeks later. Don't really want to make a big announcement.

#47 firsttimer77

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the good wishes ladies. It must have helped. We had the 1st OB appt yesterday and finally got to see bub again. A wriggly little one and growing well. We have the proper scan next week (Friday 10th) to check for Downs etc. Fingers crossed that everything is ok.
It was such a relief to see that the pregnancy is still progressing. I had basically convinced myself that all hope was lost as I wasn't feeling nauseous like last time.
Anyway, I hope that everyone is well.

#48 ms-marti

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Congratulations for all the ladies that managed to see the bubsies for the 12 week scan  eexcite.gif on all the good news.

Sorry been MIA here as well, just feeling very what’s the word, nervous, apprehensive etc etc and hanging for the 12 week scan (15 Feb) and then at the same time dreading it just in case it's bad news. Totally avoiding the FB page till we pass that milestone.
Mostly just trying to keep doing "normal” stuff especially at work although got to say the elastic holding my pants together could be a dead giveaway on that, all I have to say lots of long singlets are making an appearance to hide the gaping pants blush.gif
Got some maternity clothes from last time but I'm too little for those plus my work might recognise them as my UTD clothing: rolleyes: well I work with women so that's to be expected  laugh.gif

So who have you told?
My parents & siblings @ 7 weeks then found out 2 weeks later that my sister was due on 02/08/2012 tongue.gif
A couple of girls from my DD's mother's group as one told me she was 6 weeks along and the other is about 4 weeks so it kind of just came up tongue.gif
And my boss at work after she told me she was due in July, kind of went hmmm got to tell her as last time she went off I stepped into her role and well I won’t be able to this time  huh.gif
When are you telling work?

#49 Etcetera

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

12 weeks today!
Can't wait for my scan on Monday. I feel kinda bad that my eldest won't be able to come as he's at school because he is so excited about the baby. Will have to make sure I get to pics to show him.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get some maternity clothes soon.

I'm so pleased that everyone is getting fantastic scan results.

We haven't told anyone yet and won't be until we get the scan results. We had bad results last time and told everyone straight after the scan before we got the results. Was extremely stressful and I wish we had waited until after the amnio. Eerything turned out fine but I don't want to go through that again.

#50 suniti

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hi everyone, I've just popped in to say I've pretty much permanently migrated to FB group now - its so instant! Plus I'm feeling heaps more confident after scan results so I finally it the bullet.
Hope to see everyone there soon.
Oh & as for who we've told - well I put the scan photo on FB do I guess most people know - my sibs are so excited I knew they'd been secretly spreading the news anyway, & it started to feel odd that people I love very much in other states & countries didn't know when acquaintances here in Brisbane did. Each to their own tho original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.