Ali

#2 MegsW

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Just jumping in to claim

GOLD!!!!!

#3 MegsW

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Okay, back for a proper catch up.

TwilightAngel - the sonographer wasn't sure if they would bother.  I am seeing the consultant in 2 weeks to get approved for midwifery care, so I assume they will tell me then.  I am not fussed either way so may tell people the later date to avoid a few days of  - haven't you had that baby yet LOL!

Angelskies - glad to hear your scan went well.  I didn't even bother to ask mine, he was having enough trouble getting all the pictures as bub was so curled up.  The hb thing is really a myth unfortunately!!  Cannot wait until my next scan, I am so impatient to see if this babe is the sex I think LOL!

#4 Chasing daisies

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

SILVER

Who can believe we are up to our 4th thread?

Finally have my NT scan tomorrow.Very nervous.

Will go back and check the other thread now

#5 twilightangel

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

BRONZE

MegsW - I agree that telling everyone the later date might buy you more time before you have to listen to those kind of comments as they do get kind of annoying at the end, lol.

Angelskies - I'm so glad your scan went well. I'm another one that didn't ask the sonographer to check gender based on nub theory but thats because I'm hoping to leave this baby's gender a surprise. Lets hope I make it through the 19w scan. I also think the heart rate is an old wives tale but its likely to be correct for some I guess.

Chasing Daisies - Enjoy seeing your little one today, can't wait to hear all about it.

AFM - I felt a few small kicks again last night, yay. They are still really light though. Other than that I'm plodding along well. DD1 starts in her new classroom today so I am really happy about that. DH and I went shopping last weekend, have picked out the baby's new bassinet and pram. Did the whole Facebook annoucement this morning but DH did his last night and got the usual comments of ' dont you have a tv' .

Edited by twilightangel, 08 February 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#6 Melly34

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Is anyone's ms getting worse ? I am 13w 2days and have just been really nauseous up until now but for the past 5 days I have been vomiting all the time and just generally feeling crap! Shouldn't it be getting better and not worse?
Had our nt scan last Friday, bubba was so cute he/she was bouncing on their head. No result yet but I had a sneaky look at my report and the nf was 1.4mm which I think is pretty good. Fingers crossed no call from the hospital.
I guess I should do some work, just scanning the room to see what I could throw up in ....

#7 Lumikki

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

The heartbeat thing is a myth, but it kind of does come from fact.  Apparently they did a study that showed that girl's heartbeats are faster, but only at birth.  And I think gender guessing then is a bit pointless original.gif

#8 angelskies

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

another study had shown there was a correlation but only up to 9.1 weeks of the pregnancy, after that period there was no fact to the myth.

#9 Jacapanthus

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I have also been getting a few 'flutters' and this morning a couple of definite 'taps'. original.gif I put my hand down to my belly and felt the second one on the outside. So nice. original.gif

Mel - Sorry you are feeling so rotten still. I am still gradually getting better thankfully.

Bought some maternity jeans today at Jeanswest. They are so comfy and look good I think. Funny thing was the sales assistant was also 13 weeks pregnant LOL. She had the black pants on and they were great too but I couldn't justify both. I actually have maternity jeans I bought last time but they look so daggy and awful now - the styles are so different from 4 years ago I am too embarrassed to wear them. blush.gif I also got a nice long stretchy white mat singlet from Big W which should come in very handy.

DS1 is at school and goes straight to tennis after so I have had all day with DS2. For the first time I didn't put him down for a nap as he is staying up too late at night when he naps. I miss the nap but its nice for him to have all this time with me before the baby comes. original.gif

#10 Chasing daisies

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:11 AM

My old ob guessed the gender of my boys by the heartrate...everytime he guessed GIRL...lol he was always wrong!

Jacapanthus..aww how special to be feeling flutters/kicks...I cant wait.its my fave part of pregnancy.

Mel..good to hear your scan went well and yes your measurement sounds fine...i hate the wait for results tho.

Twilightangel...Oh i hate those comments...im sure we will hear them as well....My dh was getting ribbed abt baby #3 and this arrogant no kid guy said to him *gee dont you have a tv* and my DH turned around and said yeah we do have a few actually BUT what would you rather be doing!!!!.....lol...shocked the guy
yay on feeling bub

My NT scan went well..have to wait on results but measuremnets were abt 1.1.
Couldnt check on gender didnt get a nub shot
HB was 147

#11 angelskies

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

odd question but is anyone else still suffering from sore breasts? end of the first trimester i thought they would of calmed down by now =(

#12 Jacapanthus

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Yep I am angelskies. Not all the time but it comes and goes.

#13 Chasing daisies

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yes i am as well....i was only thinking abt that last night..mine have usually settles by now

#14 Jacapanthus

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

I am finding this stage a bit odd. Don't feel so sick any more and other than the other day not feeling movement. So apart from a belly I don't really feel pregnant. unsure.gif. Anyone else feel like this?

#15 MegsW

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

Absolutely Jacapanthus!  I don't even look pregnant just fatter so it is a double blow LOL!  And I haven't felt movements at all, so the only thing that makes me even think it is real is when I used the doppler!

#16 Chasing daisies

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Well i look totally the same as i always did...still fit into all my usual clothes....i think because with the m/s i lost 5/6 kilos has helped....m/s is pretty much gone...i do suffer from some heartburn at times and my boobs feel sore at times OTHER than that i just feel normal....i was soooo scared when going for my nt scan on wednesday as i really thought there would be NOTHING in there
Its a really weird feeling

#17 Jacapanthus

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Agreed very weird. I have a DEFINITE belly though. I told a friend yesterday and she was like "Uh, yeah. Figured, your boobs are huge, your belly is sticking out and you're wearing maternity jeans". laughing2.gif

My SIL kept saying "Are you sure you're only 13 weeks?". laughing2.gif

#18 Chasing daisies

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

lol Jacapanthus at your friend and sisters responses

#19 Lumikki

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (angelskies @ 09/02/2012, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
odd question but is anyone else still suffering from sore breasts? end of the first trimester i thought they would of calmed down by now =(

Mine started growing again around 13 weeks.  Bras are feeling smaller and boobs are aching a bit sad.gif

#20 MegsW

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Just a quick one as my eldest DD has managed to chew through our downloads this month and I have to wait until Thursday for it to renew.  So the computer is superslow.

But we told our kids tonight.  Middle three are beyond excited and have already all asked if we would be having this baby at home. DS#1 wants to know if he can be a helper at the birth and they have all said they want a girl so we can be the Brady Bunch!

Told my Grandma today as well and she is very happy for us.  She will no doubt tell my aunts tomorrow so hopefully soon we should be able to announce it publicly in a couple of days!

Hope all is well with everyone!

#21 Jacapanthus

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

Megs - Glad your kids are excited. original.gif How lovely.

Very quiet again in here. I hope everyone is well and has left the morning sickness behind. I am feeling a lot better now, although I just had a bit of a tummy bug which wasn't much fun. Seeing the OB today - will be good to hear baby. Have to get bloods done too for thyroid check.

Kids are well, still haven't mentioned much about the baby. I am waiting for them to ask more so I can gently lead them to suggest they share a room - I want them to think its their idea LOL.

Have a good day everyone.

#22 hippie_chick_1980

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

I am 17 weeks today!

I'm glad it's not just me who is fidning this stage a lil weird...I have a definite belly but it honestly doesn't look much like I'm pregnant, just fat! And on top of that, my boobs are ENORMOUS. Basically I feel like my entire torso has tripled in size. It's not a good look. And I have definitely not felt any movement! But it sounds like I'm not the only one, so that's reassuring original.gif

Grr and on top of the strange not feeling pregnant feeling, the antenatal clinic stuffed up my first appointment and have still not gotten back to me with an alternative! So I still haven't even had a proper appointment or got one confirmed to make me feel like I'm not making all this up! (Yeah OK, there was the 12 week ultrasound and it sure did look like there was a baby in there, but maybe that was a dream...)

Frustrating!

Oh AND - time for a rant, sorry ladies - there is this guy at work and he is a joker and we've always got along pretty well but seriously I am ready to punch him. EVERY day, he comments on my belly. OK, I can handle that, I get that my belly growth is kind of fascinating for everyone. But then the other day he also commented on my WIDE CHILD BEARING hips. I do NOT have wide, child bearing hips. And even if I did, how about you shut the hell up? Which is pretty much waht I said to him and his response? "Ohhhh watch out for the hormonal pregnant girl everyone! She's a bit touchy!" OMG I was furious! And then yesterday, we had a morning tea and I ate some cherries, a couple of strawberries and then I had half a piece of cake - half a piece! And he says, "Oh yep you're eating for 2 aren't you?! Better not keep that up!" and rubbed his belly. Oh geez, I could have slapped him. Is anyone else getting constant weight / eating for 2 comments directed at them? I am so OVER it! mad.gif

OK, rant over...sorry ladies and thanks for listening blush.gif

Hope you all have a good day! xxx

#23 minidiamond

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (hippie_chick_1980 @ 15/02/2012, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh AND - time for a rant, sorry ladies - there is this guy at work and he is a joker and we've always got along pretty well but seriously I am ready to punch him. EVERY day, he comments on my belly. OK, I can handle that, I get that my belly growth is kind of fascinating for everyone. But then the other day he also commented on my WIDE CHILD BEARING hips. I do NOT have wide, child bearing hips. And even if I did, how about you shut the hell up? Which is pretty much waht I said to him and his response? "Ohhhh watch out for the hormonal pregnant girl everyone! She's a bit touchy!" OMG I was furious! And then yesterday, we had a morning tea and I ate some cherries, a couple of strawberries and then I had half a piece of cake - half a piece! And he says, "Oh yep you're eating for 2 aren't you?! Better not keep that up!" and rubbed his belly. Oh geez, I could have slapped him. Is anyone else getting constant weight / eating for 2 comments directed at them? I am so OVER it! mad.gif

Hi ladies
I have actually lurked here for ages but been too nervous for a long time to jump into any DIGs - although am in the m/c DIG.

Congrats Hippie chick on reaching 17 weeks !!!  I just wanted to say, this ^^  is waaaaay out of line.  It's obviously upsetting you so you should either report it to HR or make a little joke to the guy that you are reporting it to HR.  Those comments, especially about the child bearing hips and hormonal pregnant lady, fall well within the definition of workplace harassment.

Anyway sorry to crash your thread but I couldn't not post ... I hope you are all doing well, along with bubs !

Edited by Liltuss, 15 February 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#24 Jacapanthus

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hi and welcome Lituss!!

I agree hippiechick, that is just not on. If it was me and he was a "friend" I'd probably privately say to him "Look I know you think its funny but please lay off the comments about my body, it makes me feel bad and want to avoid you". What an idiot. Grrr....

I hope you get your antenatal appointment soon.

OB went well. All good. He is going o/s soon so I don't have to see him again for 6 weeks.  

Yesterday the first person "guessed". One of the school mums came up and said "I think its definitely safe to ask now if that is a baby belly". laughing2.gif I swear I look about 5 months pregnant. I am hoping its just a third baby, stretchy belly thing and I'm not going to be massive all the way through. unsure.gif

#25 Melly34

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hippie Chick I didn't feel any movement until 19-20 weeks with my first so don't stress about it.

My beautiful little girl turned 1 yesterday. Did you ever image that you could love anything in the world as much as you love your babies ? It makes me so excited for the 2nd one.

I agree with everyone this is a very odd stage of pregnancy, my belly feels huge but not really 'feeling' pregnant. I'm looking forward to being a bit more pregnant.

NT results were great, hopefully we all just kick back and cook the little bubbas for a while now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.