Due 1st - 15th Aug, 2012 #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#26 Jacapanthus

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Sheesh, quiet in here again!

Well I went and tried the three car seats we were hoping to fit in the car and they actually fit! Woohoo! So I get to keep my car. tthumbs.gif

#27 Najoula

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hello Everyone....
I'm sure this will sound ignorant... but what's "Gol" , "Silver", and "Bronze" are we in a competition????
I'm new to the "forum" life and not sure how it goes - tips are more than welcome...
Pregnant with my first, EDD 12/08/2012, so excited and overwhelmed...
Hope you all are doing well..

#28 Fidgets

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Hey all original.gif New to the site but have been pregnant for over a 100 days. Lol 2nd bub due 10-8-12 though feel like its first time as there is an 8 year age gap!! Is there a Facebook group also? I was part of one but its mainly Uk people and has grown to be neary 300 which is just too much :/ anyway night! X

#29 Fidgets

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

Also jacapanthus.... What sort of car do you have? We just purchased a pram after tonight's test run to see which fitted in my little swift original.gif and I am on the hunt for a nice compact car seat too as I really really don't want to have to buy a new car :/

#30 Jacapanthus

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

Fidgets I have a Subaru Outback. Its a station wagon. The Maxi Cosi Mico is the smallest capsule I have found. I really wanted a capsule because I'll be doing lots of school and preschool pick ups. You can get convertible car seats though (so they start out rear facing for newborns and turn around as they get bigger) which I think take a bit less space. Best to go to a good baby shop and try some out. Try and find one with a carpark accessible and then you can actually try them in your car. There is a car restraints section in the Kids part of this forum where there are some very knowledgeable people.

Najoula - Gold, silver and bronze is just us being silly when a new thread is opened and someone is the first, second or third to post. Yes there is a FB group - which is why this thread is so dead now LOL.

#31 twilightangel

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'm still here. Just mainly reading as I still have no home internet. DH is going to have a look at it over the weekend for me so hopefully i'll be right by monday.

Jacapanthus - so glad you get to keep your car. Lol to the school mum. I thought my belly looked huge but took a pic yesterday and its smaller than I thought.

Plodding along well. Feeling tired this morning though. Hoping to get a nap in today after dropping the older 2 off at school.

Have a great day everyone and welcome to the newbies.

#32 Fidgets

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

So how do I find this Facebook group?

#33 Jacapanthus

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Go up a level to "Due in August 2012" and a bit below our group thread is a thread called "Facebook Group".

#34 BusyBee01

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm still here! Just reading, not posting. Fighting for computer time cos I'm not home all day anymore. rolleyes.gif End of 2nd week of work, everyone is lovely, but the kids are exhausted and a tad feral by thursday nights. Lucky it's only 3 days, couldn't cope with anymore.

Welcome to Fidgets & Najoula! The more the merrier. I am due 10th Aug as well Fidgets, due date buddy! lol

Realised today that I'll have 18 years between my eldest & youngest! Wow, hmmm that must be strange for miss 18!

Sounds like everyone is going along well. Still getting odd nausea early morning in the car, but thats it. Oh, and feeling fat still because although my tummy has the right shape, its soft on top (fat layer) so not feeling truly preg with a hard belly!

The one thing I am loving is that my breasts are awesome, sitting up all perky! Given this is my 4th and constantly getting closer to 40, they normally face south when bra-less! I said to my hub, don't my boobs look awesome at the moment, better make the most of that - it won't last long. Hahahaha

Just bought a safe n sound capsule, so will now be buying the car to fit the seats! Only grabbed it because I will be doing 3 kinder runs a week & my current seat is a convertable and would have to disturb bubs getting in and out & the main reason, because they were $99 at RACV. Got the 2nd last one! YAY Was going to hire, but at 77 to hire for 6 months, I can sell after & recoup the 22 extra to buy new! All I need now is a cot insert & may be able to borrow from my sister.

Will try to post more frequently. I was looking for EB app, I thought there was one, but I couldn't find it.......

#35 Jacapanthus

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Glad work is going well Busybee. It does sound busy!

Urgh, I was just up at school getting DS1 and got the worst stomach pains. Had to fly home and run inside with bad cramps and (sorry TMI) runs. I've had it on and off since the weekend. sad.gif Today I felt really hungry and was craving healthy food so I made myself a big salad with tuna on top and had some fruit and dried apricots after. I think it was just too much after a diet of crackers etc....sad.gif I hope that's all it is, its horrible. I had planned a lovely roast for tonight but now the kids are going to have fish fingers and chips for dinner and DH can fend for himself.

#36 bubba13

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hi everyone.. im still reading along but just cant find the time to post, this going back to work takes up alot of my free time!!! Lucky its not fulltime!

Fidgets & busybee im also due 10 August! Yay for being 15 weeks!

Busybee im planning on buying a capsule this time round, the amount of times DS fell asleep in the car, and would wake as soon as you tried getting his arms out the seat. I will be getting the one that goes with the Strider pram that i have, at least i can use it with the pram aswell, also figured it will be usefull pulling a capsule out with a toddler and not having to juggle and baby and toddler!
I am 18 years apart from my youngest sister, it was exciting, i was a great help for mum but when ever we were out together people would just asume it was my baby. Strange now though that she is 7 and an aunty!

Jacapanthus i hope your feeling better today! its horrible when you get sick from non baby related things while pregnant, makes it so much harder to deal with!

I had my first Ob appointment a week ago, she was happy with everything, wasnt too concerned about my weight loss as i am still able to function and have started putting a bit of weight back on! Seems my morning sickness is starting to ease up, only every couple of days that my head ends up in the toilet, yay!

Have a great weekend everyone.

#37 angelskies

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

gah its been one heck of a week here, we had paid for a guaranteed bond clean when we left our old place, and the cleaner contacted us and told us she was finished and actually rang us the next day as the money hadn't been transferred immediately, turns out she hadn't finished, and she is now dodging our and the re's calls!  so thats going to cost us more money as the re wants their maintance person to finish what she didn't. (this is after the cleaning cost almost TWICE the quote!!)

My youngest hasn't started at the new daycare yet as they can't start him without paperwork filled out by his doctor or paed about asd, and of course my paed is booked up for friggin ever and despite the diagnosis paperwork the doctors here won't sign the letter stating his is disabled because they haven't had much to do with him.. so jons going burke its been 9 WEEKS since he has been to daycare and he is so cabinfevery its amazing. the poor lil darling.

liams not dealing well with the new school and keeps hitting, my husband is a grump atm and my blood pressure is up which i've never had problems with before in any other pregnancy =(

ARGH!

#38 MegsW

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Oh Angelskies, that sounds awful, no wonder your blood pressure is up!!!

Don't know what to advise, but hope that it all sorts it self out soon and you can start to relax and that DS starts dealing with school better and that your youngest DS can get to daycare soon sad.gif

#39 Fidgets

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

Yay for due date buddies original.gif how very exciting!
Angelskies that sounds horrible :/ have you moved far? I have no real helpful advice.... But did think of stalking as an option to see te paed sooner? No?? Ok maybe not Tounge1.gif hope it works out for you soon though!

As for Facebook... Well I found the topic.... Followed instructions and nothing yet. Can't anyone just add me to the group?? Please? X

#40 Chasing daisies

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

i will  you just need to pm me ur FB name Fidgets.

#41 angelskies

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

I'm actually not getting any symptoms which is interesting and my blood pressure just before the move was fine so yeah its likely stress but now i'm stressing about that too lol which doesn't help.

And my husband invited a couple (his immediate boss and his partner) over for dinner this weekend (possibly to crash sat night), with the kids not sleeping, not dealing, boxes still to be unpacked and shes a vegetarian who doesn't eat olives, tomatoes or onions so trying to find something to cook is driving me bananas =(

*headbutts the desk*  added bonus the air con in the bedrooms makes a heck of a lot of noise but doesn't do much and its boiling hot.

can i skip this part and just get settled in please? fast forward 2 weeks or so =p

#42 Kay1

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Hi everyone - JACAPANTHUS here. original.gif

Angelskies I hope things settle down soon. You certainly have a lot going on, no wonder your blood pressure is up!

I am well, feeling so much better now. Still trying not to worry that I am not feeling much movement though. I have felt bub a few times but not often and not for a while now. I think because I have this memory of my other two (towards the end) I think it should be all the time. Rationally I know that's not the case at this stage but I would still very much like to feel a bit more!

I have booked into the hospital and have my 19 week scan booked for the 19th. Everyone is hanging to find out what we are having. DH and I are pretty sure its a boy but everyone is hoping for a girl so it will be good to get that out of the way.

I hope everyone is travelling well.

#43 Inigo Montoya

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Kay1 @ 23/02/2012, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone - JACAPANTHUS here. original.gif

Aha!! I've seen you post and delete your post in here a few times now, makes so much sense!! original.gif

#44 Kay1

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yep LOL, I forgot to change usernames. ddoh.gif

Hey does anyone know when we are supposed to stop sleeping flat on our backs? I am not sleeping well because I keep waking up flat on my back and making myself move. I can't stop myself though and end up back on my back.

#45 Lumikki

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

It's so quiet in here!  Artful, we haven't heard from you in a while, how's it going?

I'm very naughty for not posting myself, but I have been lurking original.gif

AFM: I'm pretty sure I felt some movement today @ 17w2d! Yay!  I've been getting annoying pains in my hips (mostly the left one), so I've been moving around like an old granny.  I had my booking in appointment at the Birth Centre last week, which went well.  I'm booked in for my mophology scan on 10th March, so only 13 days to go until I find out what I'm having!  tthumbs.gif

#46 gez15673

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

hi all,
just wanted to introduce myself. have been a member forever but never posted in a forum.
I am 38yrs & am expecting our 9th baby in august(EDD 1/8). YES i did say #9. We currently have 6 boys & 2 girls aged 16b,14b,13g,11g, 8b,6b,2.5b &1b. this is my 14th pregnancy. i have had 3 natural births, 4c/s & my last birth was a successful VBA4C. Although I'm classed as "high risk" i'm hoping to get into the birth centre at JHH & make use of the bath.
this will probably be our last bub due to hubby being convinced that 9 is more than enough children for anyone, & i have decided to have my birth photographed. hubby & friends are a little grossed out by the idea, but pregnancy & birth have been such a huge part of my life i'd like a momento.
what are your thoughts on birth photography?

#47 Kay1

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Yay La Neige!! I am feeling occasional flutters but no proper kicks yet. Can't wait for them to start, its so reassuring.

Very exciting re the scan. We are finding out this time too, for the first time. Although I'm pretty sure I know what it is, I can't wait to know so we can stop wondering and stop everyone asking!! It is super quiet in here - I feel so lonely LOL.

gez - OMG 9 kids! I feel super brave having my 3rd LOL!! I think the birth photography is a great idea if its important to you. original.gif

#48 twilightangel

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Gez - congrats and welcome, number 9 thats fantastic. Hope the pregnancy is going smoothly for you.

Kay - Jacapanthus - How much longer until your scan? Yay to feeling flutters too, it's such a lovely feeling.

AFM - Just plodding around, been busy getting ready for my rent inspection that was yesterday, glad it's over and done with. Getting excited  about my next scan, only 7 more sleeps, yay! Kids are keeping me so busy, can't believe how much homework the older 2 are bringing home and they are only in year 1 and 3.

#49 magicalsurprise

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Welcome Gez! 9! A huge congrats! I love the idea of birth photography and am seriuosly considering it this time around as DH says it will be the last time lol! I don't even think you'd notice them in the room.

Glad everyone is starting to feel flutters. I'm starting to get some good little kicks now, mostly about 9pm at night original.gif

My morphology scan is next wed... 7 more sleeps! Soooo excited. It will be our first proper chance to see bubs!

original.gif

Hope everyone is well!

#50 Kay1

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Kay - Jacapanthus - How much longer until your scan? Yay to feeling flutters too, it's such a lovely feeling.

Twilightangel - On the 19th. Can't wait. original.gif I am glad my son (Yr1) doesn't get much homework. Even the small amount he gets is such a pain to get done!

Magicalsurprise - Lucky you getting kicks already. original.gif

All good here. Still very fatigued at times though, anyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.