Due 1st - 15th Aug, 2012 #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#51 magicalsurprise

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

very tired Kay! If I don't lie down for an hour or so during the day I'm knackered! I serioulsy can't wait for it to cool down a little!

#52 twilightangel

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Kay - I'm also very tired still, usually in the afternoon so between 1pm and 2pm I try to have a nap before collecting the older 2 from school. It helps a little.

Magical Surprise - We have our scans on the same day. I'm also disliking this heat. I'm feeling puffy because of it.

Brought two little outfits for gumnut today. Struggling to find unisex clothes. DH and I still can't decide on whether we are finding out the gender or not.

#53 twilightangel

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Well I'm really looking forward to my scan now, could do with some good news. Found out this morning my DH had an accident last night and rolled his truck. He's ok, cut up and bruised but very lucky otherwise. I truly believe his brother was watching over him keeping him safe.

I'm glad I kept my older kids home from school as they have been a great distraction. DH should be home later tonight as the accident happened a couple if hours away from home and his boss went up there to pick him up.

#54 magicalsurprise

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Twilightangel - Thinking of you! So glad he's alright! xoxo

#55 Kay1

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Oh my twilightangel! ohmy.gif I am so glad your DH is ok. How scary. I hope you have him home soon.

I am trying not to stress about still not feeling much movement. Sometimes I think I do but then I'm not sure. I am hoping its just because the baby has really popped up high out of my pelvis so its not as squashed....unsure.gif

#56 angelskies

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

oh Twilightangel so glad he is ok! you poor things hope he is home safe and sound now!

#57 Twilight26

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hi Everyone. Its been far and few between posts but I have been reading.

Twilightangel - Glad to hear you hubby is ok and Im sure home with you now. Goodluck with your scan and the decision to find out the sex. I would actually love to find out for once but hubby doesnt want want to so this will be our 4th suprise baby.

Kay1 - I dont feel movement yet. Ive had a few moment where Ive thought maybe that was but it could be put down to gas lol The baby is still so tiny and free floating so you may go days without feeling a thing depending on position. Im still very tired usually between 2pm-5pm the most busy part of the day. Im over it already

Gez - 9 wow nice work to you and your hubby. You must feel like superwoman somedays. Im stressing about having 4! I would love to have the birth photographed, I dont think I would even notice anyone else in there at all.

Magical - Goodluck with your scan!! How exciting Mines just under 2 weeks away yet.

AFM - Really struggling this time around. I think it has more to do with having 3 kids and a hubby to look after and my youngest is only 10 months old. I cant rest when I need it and my hips are killing me some days....doesnt look good for later on when I get biiger. Im guessing this one will be another 9lb+ baby so it def takes its toll on your body. I have my scan on the 14th and I will be exactly 19 weeks as I have been with the last 2. I love comparing them with eachother.

Im still coming to terms with being pregnant again. I thought number 3 was our last....drastic measures will be taken this time to prevent this again lol

#58 twilightangel

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the support, means a lot.

DH got home around 7pm and it was such a relief to see he was ok. Other than some cuts across his knuckles you wouldn't be able to physically tell he's been in an accident. His underarm/ribs are sore as the truck fell drivers side down so that area slammed into the door so I'm sure he will have some decent bruising in a few days and his neck feels stiff.

The truck is damaged but held up quite well considering it tipped sideways at 80km and skidded for 100m, he totaled the 5 cars on the truck and I know he feels awful about that. Luckily they are all covered by insurance.

Unfortunately he is now unemployed too as his boss doesn't own another truck he can drive. His job will be available when this truck is fixed or replaced but that could be months away. Not a stress we needed but at least he is ok so we will get through this.

#59 Kay1

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Wow twilightangel! I am glad your DH is ok but not good news about the job. Still, as you say, the important thing is that he is ok!

Twilight26 - Thanks for your comments about the movement, that does make me feel better.

Going to a big family dinner tonight (in laws) and I haven't seen most of them since we announced our pregnancy. I'm not looking forward to all the "So let's hope its a girl" comments etc. My BIL in the hospital room when DS2 was born said "Oh well, you'll have to go to Thailand to get your girl I suppose". SIL said "Oh I was so happy when my 2nd was a girl, but that's because I really wanted a girl". What the?? I was hoping to avoid them all until we knew and could just tell them we don't want any stupid comments. Oh well.....I will just have to grin and bear it.

#60 MegsW

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Gem - welcome and congratulations on #9!  You must have a bus!!!  I am pretty confident this will be our last as it will fill the last seat in our Torago.  My back up midwife took photos during our last labour and apart from a couple that are for my eyes only LOL, they are lovely to have.  I wouldn't mind having a professional photographer here next time.  Will depend on funds though.

Twilightangel - so sorry to hear about DH.  Very glad he is okay though.  Hopefully he can find something quickly, even if it is just temporary  until the truck is fixed again.

Kay1 - We found out last week that we are expecting a boy (at an early gender scan).  I am really shocked as I fully felt that this was a girl.  I am still trying to come to terms with it as this will mean 4 boys and I now I am going to get so many comments about having 4 boys.  I am NOT looking forward to it, and because I am still working it out in my mind I think it will be too much for me to hear it right now, so we haven't told many people.  I am going to see how I go after the morphology scan and then maybe tell people if I feel ready.

I am feeling very tired to but have had antenatal depression kick back in with this pregnancy, so waiting for my appointment with the mental health midwives team in a couple of weeks.  So I think that this is impacting how I am feeling as well.

Off to Clipsal tomorrow with DH in his corporate tent so looking forward to that.  Call me a bogan but I love motorsport!

Have a good weekend guys!

#61 Kay1

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Kay1 - We found out last week that we are expecting a boy (at an early gender scan). I am really shocked as I fully felt that this was a girl. I am still trying to come to terms with it as this will mean 4 boys and I now I am going to get so many comments about having 4 boys. I am NOT looking forward to it, and because I am still working it out in my mind I think it will be too much for me to hear it right now, so we haven't told many people. I am going to see how I go after the morphology scan and then maybe tell people if I feel ready.

Oh congrats Megs! original.gif I do understand your feelings about it, especially as you were expecting a girl.

I am sorry to hear about the depression, that is really tough as its so hard to sort out your real feelings. I felt quite down for the first trimester so I kind of know how it feels. Thankfully for me it went away with the morning sickness.

#62 angelskies

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

does anyone else find carseats really confusing? new results out last year and now the 4 star seat my youngest is in has 2 stars, the seat he was in as a newborn is no longer even listed/tested despite being wildly avaliable everywhere, and the one seat that does equally well rear facing and forward facing is almost impossible to find to buy!! argh!!!

#63 Kay1

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yes, its a nightmare. The girls in the car restraints section on EB are really knowledgeable though. I'm sure they can help you.

I am so happy right now. original.gif DS2 has a special toy lamb that he loves and sleeps with. Its been missing for a few days and I have turned the house upside down, called shopping centres etc and just found it!! I am so happy LOL, can't wait to show DS2 when he gets home from preschool!

#64 twilightangel

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Megs -  Congrats on finding out your expecting another little boy. I'm sure DS3  will love having a little playmate. Sorry its not the little girl you were expecting.

Angelskies - Yep car seats are confusing. The capsule we brought for DS2 was rated quite well when we brought it and is now rated 1 star. How can it drop so much? Not sure whether to use it now or buy something else (which I'd rather not do as its still in brand new condition etc).

Well it's scan day for me, yay. Can't wait to see gumnut again. Still not sure if we are finding out the gender. I've wanted it to be a surprise but DH wanted to know and as soon as I changed my mind and got used to the fact I'd be knowing the gender he said we could do it my way, lol. Knowing our luck though we will figure it out during the scan without her telling us. We did with DD2 and DS2.

#65 magicalsurprise

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

hehehe how did you go Twilightangel??

So glad you found your lamb Kay

We had our morph scan today. First time seeing bubs original.gif Was so exciting lol. Bubs is healthy and measuring big changing my EDD to 24/7. hehehehe and it's a BOY! Yay! Lochie was jumping with joy when he got home from school today!

Awww little blue wondersuits  wub.gif

Edited by magicalsurprise, 07 March 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#66 Kay1

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Aw congrats magicalsurprise!! How cute that Lochie was so excited, that's gorgeous!!

#67 twilightangel

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Magical surprise - congrats on the blue news that is awesome.

My scan went well, baby behaved through most of it, is growing to date perfectly and is healthy. Walked out with some great pics. Really happy original.gif

#68 angelskies

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Magical surprise congrats on the lil man developing!

Yesterday sucked I had my first appointment at the hospital in brissie, had to be there at 8:15 for the midwife course didn't get seen till 9, then blood tests, waiting around for the ob they were running late too got home just after 2 holy crap what a long day! AND I didn't get to hear the heartbeat or anything *grr* but good news my blood pressure is prefect again looks like it was only the week after the move it was high (due to stress?) which is a relief!!

2 weeks till find out the gender of beanie can't wait was all bummed was booked to do it privately next week (as the gp requested a 19 week) but the hospital has requested it at the hospy at 20 weeks.

oh one other thing freaked me the hell out, this will be my 3rd csection and the midwife kept going on about how I may want to 'try' naturally.. umm no and i stated that a number of times but she kept bringing it up. I have the feeling I'm going to have a bit of a fight on my hands. which sucks. and this hospital has elective csections down as 39 weeks, considering they are wrong about when my last period was (which i stated a number of times too!) thats full term and there is crap all chance bub will stay put that long, i DO not want to do this naturally, ffs LISTEN TO ME!!

also they won't let us cosleep or use cloth nappies (where as the hospital on the goldcoast where I had the 2 boys had no problem with either) argh!

#69 Kay1

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Congrats twilightangel. original.gif Great news.

angelskies - wow, what a long day. That is terrible that the hospital won't listen to you about your dates. sad.gif

#70 angelskies

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

ozsale has a great sale on today of pea in apod maternity and nursing clothing including some fantastic long sleeved tees in time for winter =)

#71 Kay1

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Oooh thanks. I deleted my membership after a bad experience with them but maybe I'll check it out!

#72 Kay1

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Good sale! I bought three tops. Let's hope they don't take too long to arrive! original.gif

#73 angelskies

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

oh i have found they tend to take a little bit (eg 3 weeks to a month) but eh for that kind of saving its worth the wait plus lol it will still be in time for the cooler weather =)

#74 Kay1

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Yeah, should be ok. original.gif One time I ordered something and waited 2 months. It was for a gift and I ended up cancelling because the person's birthday had passed and I'd got them something else. Hopefully this time will work ok. original.gif

#75 angelskies

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

ouch thats ridiculous!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.