Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Chocolate Addict

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Gold. original.gif

I thought he might be sent home. I haven't watched it yet.

#3 EssentialBludger

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Wow! I cant believe Margie sneaking all that food!! After the way she crapped on about how Selena should "know better" and "where does the buck stop" OM*G! what a b**ch!!

#4 Chchgirl

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I knew Margie was a sly one..love those spy cameras!

#5 YellowKittyGlenn

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

I was angry but unsurprised with Margie. I agree she went on and on about Selena but was doing what she was having a go at Selena about. And tell me HOW do you put on 48kg in 12 months!!! that in itself takes dedication and hard work, jeez!

I was sad that Shane went I dont think they should have done an elimination considering James left it would have been better to do the weigh in and not done the vote off as James voted himself off.

#6 coopersmumma

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (EssentialBludger @ 07/02/2012, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! I cant believe Margie sneaking all that food!! After the way she crapped on about how Selena should "know better" and "where does the buck stop" OM*G! what a b**ch!!

My thoughts exactly!

#7 Chchgirl

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

And tell me HOW do you put on 48kg in 12 months!!! that in itself takes dedication and hard work, jeez!

Good point! Very true...

#8 virtuallotus

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Margie! Tsk tsk tsk...hinding that cheese sandwich is pretty sneaky. But not entirely unexpected.

#9 Colleer

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

Wow, Margie.  Pot calling kettle black much????

#10 CCLady

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Such a COW!

#11 Chocolate Addict

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

48kg in one year is massive. How does someone do that?? I have put on 10kg in 12 months but 48 is a whole adult!! lol (ok, a small one, but still possible).

I hope it comes out and Selena has a go at her for it! lol

#12 tres-chic

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

I feel kind of bad for the contestants, I mean, they're big people suddenly exercising and having (I presume) huge cuts in what they eat...I'd be hungry too if I were them.

Having said that, sucked in Margie!  biggrin.gif

#13 Chocolate Addict

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I don't think it is really about that fact they are snacking it is more what they are choosing to snack on.

You get hungry, you grab a piece of fruit or 5, or some veggie sticks etc. . a cheese sandwich could equal a whole meals worth of calories and wouldn't fill you up. If she snacked on a cheese and salad sandwich and not hid it from everyone then Michelle may not have been so horrified.

At least Ryan didn't hide his eating, although his choice wasn't the best either. lol

#14 kezball

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (YellowKittyGlenn @ 08/02/2012, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was angry but unsurprised with Margie. I agree she went on and on about Selena but was doing what she was having a go at Selena about. And tell me HOW do you put on 48kg in 12 months!!! that in itself takes dedication and hard work, jeez!

Just a thought (and I am probably wrong)...could Margie have put the weight on to try and be on the show? There's a lot of money to be won, especially this year! Sounds like a lot of weight to put on in one year, I agree...

Edited by kezball, 08 February 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#15 ~A2~

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Just checking in to see how everyone is going in this thread.

Haven't been watching the show but saw a bit of it tonight while waiting for another one.  

DH is now wondering who Hamish's Dad is as he (DH) is a cyclist and is curious.

Happy chatting

Ali

#16 YellowKittyGlenn

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (kezball @ 08/02/2012, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a thought (and I am probably wrong)...could Margie have put the weight on to try and be on the show? There's a lot of money to be won, especially this year! Sounds like a lot of weight to put on in one year, I agree...

Dont think it was done for the show as in the beginning she has said she has been overweight for a few years and she is over 150kg and she said she used to be like 80kg. I think she put the 48kg on it was the first 12 months and the rest over time I'm guessing. But being a very overweight person myself I REALLY am confused how one person can put on THAT much weight in 12 months. It took for me 6 years to go from normal weight to obese so it takes effort and determination to put that much weight on in 52 weeks lol

A2 Hamish's dad is apparently Mark Elliott

Edited by YellowKittyGlenn, 08 February 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#17 kezball

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (YellowKittyGlenn @ 08/02/2012, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont think it was done for the show as in the beginning she has said she has been overweight for a few years and she is over 150kg and she said she used to be like 80kg. I think she put the 48kg on it was the first 12 months and the rest over time I'm guessing. But being a very overweight person myself I REALLY am confused how one person can put on THAT much weight in 12 months. It took for me 6 years to go from normal weight to obese so it takes effort and determination to put that much weight on in 52 weeks lol

A2 Hamish's dad is apparently Mark Elliott

Ahh then that explains it, the FIRST 12 months...I only saw 12 months and assumed it was the last 12 months!

#18 tres-chic

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

I'm really surprised after watching James' temptation shocker that the blue team went for it...and how they went for it. Watching Hamish hoe into that chocolate bar was depressing after his good effort in the gym earlier. How quickly his resolve disintegrated!

I hope the white team didn't play.

As much as I can't stand the 'evil axis' of Lydia and Margie, at least that team has their s**t together.

#19 alexx28

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hmmm...nice guy Simon has his ex-wife commenting on news.com.au in response to his discussion in the house on Tuesday night about the breakdown of his marriage.

Link to article

Oh I just wanted to also add, how amazing (ha) was Michelle's voice when she sang Amazing Grace. Wow. I heard her sing the first time she was on the show but to stand in front of all those people & not break down but just sing was amazing. I really like her.

Can't wait for the contestants to find out that their every move is being monitored & I have no idea how Michelle (trainer) could have not responded to the footage of Margie scoffing/hiding/scoffing her cheese sandwich & say something to Margie. I wouldn't be able to hold back.

#20 SarahBelle48

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (tres-chic @ 09/02/2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really surprised after watching James' temptation shocker that the blue team went for it...and how they went for it. Watching Hamish hoe into that chocolate bar was depressing after his good effort in the gym earlier. How quickly his resolve disintegrated!

I hope the white team didn't play.

As much as I can't stand the 'evil axis' of Lydia and Margie, at least that team has their s**t together.

I thought it was pretty hypocritical of Luke to get so agro at James for playing temptation and then he goes and does the same thing the very next week.

I don't understand why the trainers were so against them eating anything at all, thats 12 hours at least of not eating a single thing. I think there were bottles of water so they at least had something to drink. But surely it would be bad to go so long without eating plus they'd just had a training session as well. So they'd need to refuel their bodies.

But the Blue team went waaaay overboard. Its one thing to consume the rest of the day's calories as they originally discussed (assuming they've also burned their daily allocation of calories) but quite another thing to then eat double that or more. I actually didn't see them eat anything after the first thing each (cheese and crackers and quiche) as I was making my dinner so it was a huge shock for me to hear at the end that they'd consumed nearly 3000 calories. But then I read a recap this morning that said they kept eating and Ryan was drinking flavoured milks as well or something so they weren't even sticking to the semi-decent stuff.

Do you think the girls had anything? And if so, did they have more than the boys? The previews are trying to make it look like they did but that could just be misdirection.

#21 Tea~for~two

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

I find it really interesting that the over 25 teams seem to be much more committed to the process than the under 25s.

#22 jessie123

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Tea~for~two @ 09/02/2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it really interesting that the over 25 teams seem to be much more committed to the process than the under 25s.

I am not. I think its the people who have lived a bit of life that are always more determined in the end.

I am also not surprised Simons wife is speaking out, I am getting sick of their stories this year. It seems like we are bombarded with hearing about it non stop. I want to see more training.

#23 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

HOW do you put on 48kg in 12 months

It is possible, I have managed to do the same.  I was a very fit and healthy person then became very ill, I almost died, then went through three and a half years following which I could not move most of the time, on a good day I could walk to the letter box and back.  During this time I went through a very rough patch also with dealing with what was going on and ended up in a deep depression.  The first year I managed to put on about 40kg and the following year or two another 20kg.  This was simply with going from being very active to not avtive at all and trying to eat my way though depression.  (well I also had to eat what DH was cooking most of the time which was not healthy most of the time).

#24 dreamingofcats

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Ive done the valley stampede. The first one was nov last yr and I was in it, great fun biggrin.gif

TA - Hah, the one we did was 5k, I think ours was harder. But same obstacles, we must have had more.

Edited by dreamingofcats, 09 February 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#25 tres-chic

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

I hope the black team comes third (and beat the blue team). Even though the blue team have immunity I'd like to see the black team beat them anyway. It was great to see Simon helping the older/bigger guy through and their teamwork and resolve was impressive.

OMG I know he's young but Hamish is such a whiner!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.