Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 BabySmurf2012

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

ooOOoo Gold yipeee ! original.gif

Welcome to the world Archie, Scarlett, Archer, Sage, Luca, Johnny, Dylan, Madeleine, Dylan, Lucy, Lexi and Zoe !!!    What great names we have all chosen original.gif

Mumof32b - good to hear Archie is putting on weight well..  Thomas is getting mainly formula becuase I have an almost non-existent supply I'm sure he is back would be just about back to his birth weight by now too.

naartjie - wow moving/selling house with a new born - Good luck !!

Molokai - cute pic!  

Jimbobmel and DL1981 - Wishing you all the best, really hope you're not still waiting !

OsMummy - congrats on Lucia coming home, wonderful news!

AFM - things going well here, dissappointed I have virtually no supply milk wise, but same thing happened with DD so not really all that suprised.   I tried motillium with DD and it boosted supply a little, but still not enough to exclusivly feed so I gave it up reasonably quickly.    
At the moment I express/feed about 3-4 times a day and the most I have ever got expressing was 60ml..   anyone have any tips on how to boost supply ???

#3 Molokai

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Silver! biggrin.gif

Mumof32be - Hope Archie is doing better today and his cold has cleared up, its horrible when they scream and you can't do anything to help. Still, major props for coping with him as well as two others, still no idea how you juggle it all! Hope the doctor's appointment goes well, must be frustrating to have to take all the supplements, but I'm sure Archie appreciates it.

Lovemybabies - Awww, congratulations on the birth of Zoe Matilda! What a cute name! wub.gif 45 minute labour - and I thought mine was fast!! And home already, wow you are amazing! Hope your DD had a great birthday today.

Mel - I hope your well-planned weekend gets interrupted by a little visitor original.gif Isn't that what usually happens? If not, have a great last hurrah and good luck for Monday original.gif

Doctorseuss - How is Sage going? Is she sleeping better?

BabySmurf - Sorry to hear your milk supply is low. Mumof32be might be of assistance in boosting supply. I only ever get 60ml expressing (well I stop when I get 60ml as I'm tired of it by then - about 10 minutes on each side). I thought that was a decent amount? Good job for persevering anyway.

AFM - I'm slowly getting the hang of motherhood. I am getting used to the routine of feeding, checking nappy, swaddling, settling, cleaning up quickly then repeat. I can't believe Archer's been here 11 days already - time's flying by and I really think he's changed so much already. He's looking chubbier around the cheeks. Is it silly to be sad that my little baby is growing up already? wink.gif

Edited by Molokai, 18 February 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#4 1&Twins

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hello everyone,

One day soon I hope to get round to writing personals but I have just had a read of the recent posts from the last few days and sympathise with the mummies with breast feeding issues.

I have had issues with getting Lucy to attach properly but when in hospital the midwives didn't really pick up on the fact that I was doing it wrong.  As such, I have very sore, cracked, grazed nipples.  Yesterday after being home for two days I was very teary about feeding and felt bad for Lucy.  My supply is more than adequate and she has been getting a lot of milk so that is not the problem.  I was disappointed with the conflicting advice of the many different midwives that were looking after me and I think that's where things went wrong from the beginning.

Yesterday I called the hospital and explained the issues and state of my nipples and they asked me to come in as they weren't that busy (but stressed this was not normal practice).  DF and I headed back and the midwife we spoke to over the phone spent half an hour with us and could easily identify where I was going wrong and was more than happy to chat to us and give us advice.  I am so grateful that she was willing to see us and help.. she was fantastic!  So last night for feeds Lucy attached really well and and didn't experience any pain apart from when she first latched on.  After a 9:30pm feed we all slept and she woke again at 12:15am and feed for another 30mins and didn't wake until 6:15am!!  I feel so much more relaxed and she is settling after a feed quite well.

I think that because I have such a good supply of milk she feeds on the one breast on average for 30mins and not interested in the other side.  The midwife said this was fine and would give my nipples the chance to heal.  I just have to express a bit because my breasts get full and sore quite quickly!

So that's a little bit of a run down on my feeding experiences.  I hope everyone is well with their babies.  I'm certainly feeling less anxious now and hope she continues to attach well.  I have an outpatient appointment this Friday to check on Lucy's progress.

Best wishes to everyone - it sounds like we are all doing very well.

xox

#5 Mumof32b!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Just quickly as it is crazy here BabySmurf I am on 2 motillium tabs 3 times a day and am also taking feenugreek and blessed thistle.  I think I have enough milk because Archie is well and has wet nappies and is settling well between feeds but I am still too nervous to stop the supplements.  I do have trouble still attaching him on the right side, this nipple is small and slightly inverted so I think it will probably always cause problems, I have a nipple shield but Archie doesn't like it so I don't use it, the first few sucks are painful but then it settles down.

I didn't feed my older 2 for long due to these supply issues so I totally know where you are coming from, but looking at them now I also know that I did the best I could and they are fine, healthy, happy boys so formula was not the total evil it is made out to be.

MIL coming over today which is slightly draining but am sure it will be fine, we had people over yesterday who ended up staying for dinner so it was a bit of a late night and I had my first glass of wine since Archie, just the one though as I really didn't fancy it!!

Will be back tomorrow good luck Mel, we are all waiting to hear your news!

x

#6 jimbobmel

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hi ladies

Just a super quick one from me...... Well after a day of yard work & 10 trips to the tip, my waters broke as I was shutting the front gate at 4:50pm.
Nixon Mitchell was born at 11:51pm last night 18/02/2012. He is just perfect  wub.gif  & I'm so glad that I didn't have to wait until Monday! He is latching pretty well at the moment and hopefully it stays that way!

Mummy cuddles to all and I'll be back for personals later.

Mel xx

#7 1&Twins

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yay jimbobmel - Congratulations!  I'm glad little Nixon decided to arrive for you before Monday.

Enjoy!

#8 Molokai

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yay Mel! CONGRATULATIONS!! biggrin.gif You didn't have to wait until Monday! I love his name, Nixon Mitchell - so cute!! wub.gif Did you have any contractions before your waters broke? Another fast labour? I can't wait to hear the details. Enjoy your cuddles with Nixon biggrin.gif

#9 lizzylizzy

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Mel- What wonderful news and a great name!!!! And all without having to issue an eviction notice tomorrow- Clever boy!!!!

I am seeking some advice from anyone that can assist... about 5 years ago i had a pretty sig breast reduction..... as a result it seems that BF is really difficult.... i am trying but i think there really is only abut 5 ml from each side after 15 mins....

I am supp obviously with formula... Now here is the issue... I feel really guilty and i am not sure what about. Certainly the MW in hosp did not assisst..... comments such as " well we really do not know wht breast milk is better, but it is so much better etc"....

I feel bad knwing that the small supply i have will soon cease and concerned about what that means for baby.... too scared to google and i started that and the message was Breast is Best etc etc.....

Can anyone share their experiences of formula as opposed to BF?
Thanks so much,,,,

Love to all and hugs to teh bubbies...

Lizzy

#10 *Lovemybabies*

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

wub.gif Our February 2012 DIG Arrivals wub.gif

bbabyflip.gif babygirl.gif ~ 13        babyboy.gif ~ 12 bbabyflip.gif  

~ November 2011 ~

Username: OsMummy
Arrived: 14th November @ 3.24pm & 3.26pm (27+1)
Name: Charlize Ersilia and Lucia Vera
Weight: 749g and 802g
Length: ?
HC: ?

Username: Shtinky
Arrived: 18th November @ 4.10pm (28+2)
Name: Scarlett Audrey and Jemima Jennifer
Weight: 1190g and 960g

~ December 2011 ~

Username: CoffeeRock
Arrived: 30th December
Name: Stella Grace
Weight: 2.3kg

Username: Sallyh99
Arrived: 31st December (34+4)
Name: Charlotte Alice and Darcy Anthony
Weight: 4lb 9oz and 4lb 9oz

~ January 2012 ~

Username: Kyla22
Arrived: 1st January @ 7:25pm (31+6)
Name: Flynn James
Weight: 1.88kg
Length: 45cm

Username: Tashanc
Arrived: 24th January
Name: Benjamin Francis
Weight: 3.343kg
Length: 51cm

Username: MrsW87
Arrived: 27th January @ 12:03pm
Name: Harrison James
Weight: 7lb 5oz
Length: 49cm

Username: Mary80
Arrived: 30th January @ 4:30am
Name: Beth
Weight: 3.23kg

Username: Naartjie
Arrived: 30th January
Name: Scarlett India
Weight: 3.87kg

Username: Dreamer4
Arrived: 30th January @ 8:13pm
Name: Dylan Thomas Jack
Weight: 2.7kg
Length: 46cm
HC: 34cm

~ February 2012 ~

Username: HurryUpAlready
Arrived: 1st February @ 4:52pm
Name: Zara Amy
Weight: 3.025kg/7lb 8oz
HC: 36cm

Username: Helenn82
Arrived: 1st February @ 4:14pm
Name: Zachariah Benson
Weight: 3.04kg/6lb 11oz
HC: 35.5cm

Username: Mumof32b!
Arrived: 2nd February
Name: Archie
Weight: 8lb 6oz
Length: 50cm
HC: 35cm

Username: Maple Mother
Arrived: 3rd February
Name: Johnny Luke
Weight: 9lb 1oz/4.115kg
Length: 53.5cm
HC: 36.5cm

Username: Molokai
Arrived: 7th February @ 10:32am
Name: Archer James
Weight: 3.52kg

Username: BabySmurf2012
Arrived: 8th February @ 6:38am
Name: Thomas
Weight: 3.8kg

Username: Doctorseuss
Arrived: 8th February @ 10:54am
Name: Sage Elizabeth
Weight: 3.2kg

Username: LadyI
Arrived: 9th February @ 3:42am
Name: Luca Oliver
Length: 52.5cm
HC: 34.5cm

Username: FTM1
Arrived: 13h February @ 4:58pm
Name: Lucy Willow
Weight: 7lb 6oz
Length: 48.5cm

Username: lizzylizzy
Arrived: 14th February
Name: Madeleine Judith
Weight: 3.95kg
Length: 55cm

Username: *Lovemybabies*
Arrived: 17th February @ 4:40am
Name: Zoe Matilda
Weight: 3.175kg

Username: JimBobMel
Arrived: 18th February @ 11:51pm
Name: Nixon Mitchell
Weight: ?

~ Angel Babies ~
"Even though your stay was short, you left an indelible footprint on our hearts"

Charlize Ersilia
14/11/11 - 15/11/11

#11 *Lovemybabies*

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi all,

Was coming in to wish Mel all the best for tomorrow only to see baby decided to arrive all on his own! Congratulations!

Have read the last few posts and am absolutely exhausted. In the last 2 days I have had Zoe, hosted DD1's B'day party, attended a family function last night and a friends baby shower today. I am heading off to bed and hope to be in for some personals tomorrow. wub.gif

p.s. to those struggling with b'feeding, I really struggled in the beginning with DD1 but was fortunate enough that it did work out in the end, however if you find this isn't the case please please don't beat yourself up if you choose to/need to use formula - if your baby is happy and healthy then you will find you feel so much better too, regardless of whether you bf or ff. hhugs.gif

#12 QueenElsa

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hi girls,

Mel - congrats - luv the name!! So glad Nixon came naturally for you without induction. So exciting, so happy for you!

Molokai - luv ur little man, so cute.

Lizzylizzy - the best advice I ever got with feeding issues was from a lactation consultant, helped me when I was thinking of quitting. Ring your hospital or ask friends for a recommendation.  And then if that doesn't work, you know you've done everything and sometimes its not meant to be.

Mum of32b - hope MIL visit went well, and your supply is better this time.

AFM - feeding is painful with cracked nipples. A friend's Mum who is a child health nurse and gave me some pointers. My supply is good this time, but engorgement pain sets in if Sage goes 4 hours. Sleeping is still pretty good overnight, she goes 3-5 hours. I'm doing the 9.30/10pm dream feed, so if she wakes twice then her sisters get me up early I'm exhausted!!  But if she wakes once and the girls sleep in, the world is a much better place original.gif

Will get Sage weighed tomorrow I hope, will see if the supply really is good and the attachment good enough. Certainly the nappies fill up regularly wink.gif

#13 jimbobmel

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi ladies

Seems that this young man likes to party all night & sleep all day long. So not much from me but a few more details about Nixon.....

He was 8 pound 8 ounces or 3990 grams, 52cms long & 35.5cms head circ.

Need to try & figure out how to change his sleep patterns over so that he has this big sleep at night & feeds all day??? He has been asleep since 10:30 & is still sleeping.......

Otherwise feeding is going ok, LC was happy with his latching ect, need to just wait now for the fun part.... My milk to come in....

Hope everyone is well & loving mummy cuddles.

Mel xx

#14 Molokai

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

He is a good size original.gif I can't help you with the sleeping issues - Archer has taken to skipping every second sleep and just won't settle. I don't know what's going on. He stays awake for 4 hours at a time whereas he used to wake every 3 hours and feed for about 45 minutes then sleep until the next feed. sad.gif

I don't know if he's not getting enough milk or if my settling skills are just really bad?

#15 helenn82

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Wow!!  This group has grown!  Congratulations on all the beautiful bubbas!  I'm reading back through trying to catch up atm original.gif

Just quickly posting a recipe for helping boost milk supply for those who are interested.

Lactation Cookies

* 1 cup butter or marg
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal*
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
* 1 cup or more chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)

Directions:

Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or silpat. The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.

Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.

Serves: 6 dozen cookies

Preparation time: 15 minutes

*can be found at any local health food store.
*NOTE* IT MUST BE BREWERS YEAST, NO SUBSTITUTIONS.

We are having attachment problems too as Zachariah is is not putting his tongue forward :s  I think he must just open his mouth and wait for the milk to just dribble into his mouth! lol  He is putting weight on but struggles to attach.

Molakai he could have wind issues.  Zachariah was feeding and sleeping well but has just started getting wind from gulping down his milk.  I think it's too much foremilk which contributes to the lower wind.  Is he farting much later on on are you having little farty poos?  If he is gettting that lower wind maybe try slowing his feeding down so he isn't gulping or expressing off a little bit of the foremilk before you feed.

Zachariah is getting cranky...still getting used to time management with 3 kidlets original.gif

#16 Mumof32b!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yay mel well done love the name!!

LizzyLizzy I know how you feel, I FF my first 2 boys from about 6 weeks, they received top ups in hospital which didn't help in hindsight and that was pretty much that.   I was in hospital for 12 days and my milk never "came in" with either.  I did beat myself up about it and had a bit of a bad time but eventually they were happy, I was happy, DH got up and did weekend nightfeeds so bonded with the boys then and I got a rest, looking back now it all worked out fine.  You can't look at a group of kids at my oldest's age of 8 and work out who had the benefit of breastfeeding and who didn't.

One thing I would say is you cannot guage by expressing alone how much milk you have if that is what you mean by the 5ml thing, also when babies are so tiny they only need about 20/40ml a feed.

I would  highly recommend a lactation consultant and go to your GP and get some Motillum, it really has worked for me, although out of my 3 babies Archie came out and attached himself to the breast and just began sucking right away, my oldest 2 never had the same desire or sucking strength so that is different and has really helped us.

If at the end of the day it doesn't work then sure grieve the experience loss but do not think for one minute you are not a great Mum and your child will grow up to be healthy and happy and sustained.

Remember you are raising this baby to adulthood, a midwife said to me after DS2 went to formula it is all the years that follow the first 12 months or so that count as well, you will be the one to feed your child wholesome healthy foods that in the long run have just as big an impact, possible bigger in fact.

#17 Mumof32b!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Oh girls my Archie is the same with settling, yesterday he would only sleep in my arms and wanted to feed all the time, lastnight he fed 2 hourly from midnight to 6am but then today has fed beautifully and slept for 3.5 hours inbetween so far.

I think they are still new and getting used to everything, Helenn82 I think you may have something there, Archie only poos every other day but the day inbetween is very windy and farty so will take onboard your advice, thanks.

#18 QueenElsa

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hi girls, Well the joys of endless feeding and settling has begun for all of us!!  Sage has put on 600g in 8 days so at least she's getting enough milk. My left nipple is permenantly painful but right is improving.  She still settles most of the time but she's still little so will get worse...ah more awake I should say!! The child health nurse said there is a 3 week growth spurt and babies feed a lot more then, maybe some of you are approaching that?

Mel - to teach my babies day from night, I wake them every 3-4 hours for a feed during the day, (overnight they wake me 3-5 hours), I keep the room light for day sleeps, and dress them more lightly, and try to keep them awake after a feed for a little chat/play during the day....doesn't always work original.gif....it takes a few months for them to learn.

#19 DL1981

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hello!!
It's a boy! Henry Edward arrived at 1.47 on the 18/02. 3.01kg & 48cm long, he is lovely!  
Congratulations Mel & Lovemybabies on your arrivals! How exciting!!! Appologies for short post, still in hosp, on iPhone with very crappy signal & can't get the wifi to work so haven't been able to read too many previous posts. Home Wed, so can have a proper read of everyone's progress & update you all on ours! Thinking of you all during the late night/early morning shift!
Dee

#20 Molokai

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

DL, congrats!! Henry Edward, gorgeous name! I bet he's darling. Can't wait to hear more  original.gif

#21 Mumof32b!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Yay DL, I have a Henry so I love love love the name!

Well done looking forward to hearing abouot it

xx

#22 jimbobmel

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Yay Dee, congratulations on the birth of baby Henry! He is a lovely little compact bundle! Hope that everything went really well with is birth and after original.gif

Helenn- those cookiessoundgreat, I will give then a go when we get home!

Thanks for all the sleeping tips! We are heading home tomorrow so I will focus on trying out the suggestions. doctorseuess, I have been trying the light on all day, keeping it dark thought the night in here so we'll stick with that at home too!

Nixon has a tongue tie that is slightly affecting his latching (only slight rubbing on my nipples) but not affecting his feeding so that is getting cut sometime today sad.gif poor little thing!

Other than that we are heading home tomorrow morning to try & figure it out ourselves...... How scary!

Hope everyone is going well & trying to catch up on sleep when they can.

Mel xx

Edited for spelling

Edited by jimbobmel, 21 February 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#23 *Lovemybabies*

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

wub.gif Our February 2012 DIG Arrivals wub.gif

bbabyflip.gif babygirl.gif ~ 13        babyboy.gif ~ 13 bbabyflip.gif  

~ November 2011 ~

Username: OsMummy
Arrived: 14th November @ 3.24pm & 3.26pm (27+1)
Name: Charlize Ersilia and Lucia Vera
Weight: 749g and 802g

Username: Shtinky
Arrived: 18th November @ 4.10pm (28+2)
Name: Scarlett Audrey and Jemima Jennifer
Weight: 1190g and 960g

~ December 2011 ~

Username: CoffeeRock
Arrived: 30th December
Name: Stella Grace
Weight: 2.3kg

Username: Sallyh99
Arrived: 31st December (34+4)
Name: Charlotte Alice and Darcy Anthony
Weight: 4lb 9oz and 4lb 9oz

~ January 2012 ~

Username: Kyla22
Arrived: 1st January @ 7:25pm (31+6)
Name: Flynn James
Weight: 1.88kg
Length: 45cm

Username: Tashanc
Arrived: 24th January
Name: Benjamin Francis
Weight: 3.343kg

Username: MrsW87
Arrived: 27th January @ 12:03pm
Name: Harrison James
Weight: 7lb 5oz

Username: Mary80
Arrived: 30th January @ 4:30am
Name: Beth
Weight: 3.23kg

Username: Naartjie
Arrived: 30th January
Name: Scarlett India
Weight: 3.87kg

Username: Dreamer4
Arrived: 30th January @ 8:13pm
Name: Dylan Thomas Jack
Weight: 2.7kg

~ February 2012 ~

Username: HurryUpAlready
Arrived: 1st February @ 4:52pm
Name: Zara Amy
Weight: 3.025kg/7lb 8oz
HC: 36cm

Username: Helenn82
Arrived: 1st February @ 4:14pm
Name: Zachariah Benson
Weight: 3.04kg/6lb 11oz
HC: 35.5cm

Username: Mumof32b!
Arrived: 2nd February
Name: Archie
Weight: 8lb 6oz
Length: 50cm
HC: 35cm

Username: Maple Mother
Arrived: 3rd February
Name: Johnny Luke
Weight: 9lb 1oz/4.115kg
Length: 53.5cm
HC: 36.5cm

Username: Molokai
Arrived: 7th February @ 10:32am
Name: Archer James
Weight: 3.52kg

Username: BabySmurf2012
Arrived: 8th February @ 6:38am
Name: Thomas

Username: Doctorseuss
Arrived: 8th February @ 10:54am
Name: Sage Elizabeth
Weight: 3.2kg

Username: LadyI
Arrived: 9th February @ 3:42am
Name: Luca Oliver
Length: 52.5cm
HC: 34.5cm

Username: FTM1
Arrived: 13h February @ 4:58pm
Name: Lucy Willow
Weight: 7lb 6oz
Length: 48.5cm

Username: lizzylizzy
Arrived: 14th February
Name: Madeleine Judith
Weight: 3.95kg
Length: 55cm

Username: *Lovemybabies*
Arrived: 17th February @ 4:40am
Name: Zoe Matilda
Weight: 3.175kg

Username: JimBobMel
Arrived: 18th February @ 11:51pm
Name: Nixon Mitchell
Weight: ?

Username: DL1981
Arrived: 18th February @ 1:47
Name: Henry Edward
Weight: 3.01kg
Length: 48cm

~ Angel Babies ~
"Even though your stay was short, you left an indelible footprint on our hearts"

Charlize Ersilia
14/11/11 - 15/11/11

Edited by *Lovemybabies*, 21 February 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#24 Tashanc

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Congratulations all on the beautiful babies!

It's reassuring to read others' problems with BF - I have been struggling also, and resorted to motillium as we though Benjamin was probably a bit weak to suck hard. My ECHN also recommended "swing feeding" for a while - apparently it is easier for them to suck the foremilk, so let them get the foremilk from one breast then swing to the other breast for the foremilk there. Getting the hindmilk can wait until they are better at sucking.

I would also recommend Australian Breastfeeding Assocation - they have given me great advice.

Good luck all

#25 QueenElsa

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Congrats Dee on the safe arrival of Henry!!  Bet he is gorgeous, and a nice size to deliver!  Hope you are being looked after well in hospital.  Enjoy your trip home tomorrow.

Mel - hope life at home is going well so far.

Sounds like everyone is having some kind of feeding issues, it really is a skill that takes time to learn...hope every day is a little better than the last for you all. Today has been slightly better - only 1 side is causing the toe-curling agony of latching on, and yes there is more bleeding.  Oh dear!  But the other side is almost enjoyable to feed from....almost wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.