Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 librablonde

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

GOLD!

And BJBubbles- wishing you a speedy recovery from the gall bladder op.
Baby dust to us all, ladies original.gif

#3 Spock

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hello and SILVER!!!
Super busy so will post properly next week when life calms down.
Spring, feel free to pm me about donor egg stuff. It is daunting but I found I got used to the idea and now I'm fine with it. It is natural to grieve not being able to use your own eggs. I still feel sad about that aspect.
Libra, glad to hear you are sticking to the sniffing even though so tough. Oh that big surgery sounds intense! You poor thing.
Bjbubbles, have u had your surgery? Hope all went smoothly and you are being pampered at home.
Mitchp, it's march already, not long to April!!
Halby, lovely to hear from you.
Hi to anyone I missed.

#4 HRH Countrymel

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hello everyone!

I've been very quiet for the last 8 months or so - family illness and associated drama made me have to step away from the IVF for a while.. I also *hangs head in shame* started smoking again because of all the stress and my partner very sensibly said "No IVF if you are smoking!"

Well... I've stopped smoking, my Dad is on the mend and safely ensconced in a lovely aged care facility.

I'm back in! Dr Fancyshirt here I come!!

Fingers all crossed for us all!

* edited to add*

Whoo hoo! Bronze!

Edited by countrymel, 01 March 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#5 librablonde

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

YAY Countrymel! I'm so happy that you're getting back in the game. Is that weird?? Probably original.gif LOL original.gif

#6 librablonde

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi ladies,
we're very quiet in here lately. How are you all? I was re-reading our previous thread and was  wondering how we all were. I'm fine, finally losing weight and sticking to my diet. Talking about leaving things to the last minute rolleyes.gif

#7 mitchp

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hey all - just checking in. DP and I are doing well - she is doing so much better at the losing weight thing than me and she's looking even more gorgeous than normal original.gif

Her AF is due next week, then we will need to get ready for the April cycle to have an EPU so she's working her mind around that and looking to up her daily calorie intake - any idea how many you need to add on trying to conceive or should we wait for a BFP before doing that?

Anywho, good luck girls - keep in touch and 2012 is our year.

xx

#8 dreamstoreality

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi everyone!  Hope all is well!

Just wanted to touch base to say that DH and I are still on Tony Fergusson and I've lost 6kg and DH has lost 7.5!  We are feeling really good most of the time and walking every morning in the dark at 6am.  We don't even walk together as he walks faster than me so we go our different directions!

We are off camping this weekend as it's a long weekend in Melbourne and I can't wait to get away. We are going with 2 dear friends and their 2 boys, one of which is our godson.  

Hoping for sunshine as camping in tents in the rain will not be fun!

Hope all is going well.

DTR

#9 Spock

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

hi everyone, finally i have some room to breathe....

so been a bit crazy as had my BIL + his wife and babies + SIL staying with us the last week in our tiny 2 bedroom apartment along with Sooty. On top of that my company went through a restructure so i have a new boss and new team. Plus had a huge stressful work gig this morning - so glad that is over. have also been seeing various doctors to get to the bottom of what is going on. so far nothing out of the ordinary has come to light. went to see a reproductive immunologist yesterday which was interesting. once again i'll be up for lots of bts but these ones will be flown to USA to be assessed as can't do these tests here. i suspect i'll be doing a more aggressive immune protocol from what we discussed. i also did some bts yesterday for the endocrinologist i'm seeing next week. also seeing a cardiologist next week (due to my little RPA episode just need to rule out any heart issues). have booked to see the immunologist in 1 month. i'm exhausted.

also had some sad news yesterday. the karyotyping for my last twin came back - all was normal and it was a baby boy sad.gif

will post more personals on the weekend.

#10 mitchp

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hi DTR and Spock - just wanted to quickly say to you Spock, I am thinking of you now that you've got the karyotyping results in on your baby boy:(

DTR - I hope the weather forecast is better in Vic than it is here in Tas and good luck camping.

Hello everybody else x

#11 librablonde

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Spock- you're in my thoughts tonight after reading about your son. I'm so sorry you've been through so much sad.gif
Mitchp- I didn't realise you're here in Tassie too. Or maybe I did and I'm having a recurring brain-fade lately, which is highly likely  wink.gif
DTR_ it's great to hear you're feeling good on your healthy lifestyle kick. I hope you have a great weekend camping original.gif

#12 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Spock, thinking of you and all the girls here.

#13 BJBubbles

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi Ladies!

Sorry for my absence - I think I was surgically attached to my couch until Monday, when I was finally allowed out of the house by my mum and DH roll2.gif

This will be long as I try to catch up.....

Indigo - I hope you are lurking and doing well...?

Spock - geez you have had a busy couple of week!!!  Your (suspected) panic attack - my DH has them!  HIs first one freaked us all out because he got chest pains, numb left arm, light headed etc so ended up in emergency at The Alfred here in Melb. They couldn't find anything wrong with he heart or lungs, so we did our own research and put it down to anxiety.  He gets chest pains occasionally - and I just get him to the GP to check his BP etc now that we know what it is.  Scary all he same though.  It's so frustrating how AC turns all of us perfectly rational, strong women into insecure, anxious messes!!!    It's so hard getting the karyotype results isn't it? You're scared something will be wrong, and scared they found nothing all at the same time! I don't know about you - but I was glad to know what sex my baby was - I had a boy last year too   cry1.gif  bbighug.gif

Halby - well done on the weight loss! A break from AC and all that comes with it can be very refreshing - I hope you and your DH can come to a decision together when the time is right for you.

Spring - welcome (back!). I think I'm the newest member to the group, and everyone has been such an awesome support! Congrats on making the decision to use donor eggs - and hey, if you have to do it, Hawaii certainly wouldn't be the worst place! I'm assuming you and your DH will head over there? How long do you need to stay? April is getting closer every day!

Libra - Glad you are surviving the Synarel - even if your poor nose is struggling! That sux massively that you can't have the fibroid removed laproscopically! Why is that? Is it the size? Just "access" issues?   You have been through SO much - and you are right - you're a very touch chook! Keep remembering that - with your DP you can get through anything!  Awesome that you're seeing some weight loss too! You're poor body must be so confused - all the different hormones that have been through it in the last few months!

Countrymel - well done giving up smoking again! Your DH is a smart man using IVF as the motivation for you! Good to hear your dad is doing better too!  When are you seeing Dr Fancyshirt?

Mitchp - congrats on the weight loss too! Getting close for a new cycle for you and DP too! I think keep the healthy calorie intake going until a BFP, or at least EPU.  How much are you/DP having? I think I've seen to up it by 300 - 400 per day when PG and breastfeeding... but don't take that as gospel.

DTR - sheesh you and DH are doing awesome with the weight loss! I was excited with losing 1kg! You are all putting me to shame!  I totally forgot about the long weekend until DH reminded me yesterday. Woring for myself it doesn't really affect me - but means I have DH home for an extra day - yay!!!  Enjoy the camping trip, weather is supposed to be pretty good too!

OK... I think I've caught up!  Hi to anyone I've missed!!!

AFM - I'm recovering really well!  Had mum come and stay for 6 days to keep me company. Between her and DH I haven't been allowed to do anything! It's been great for me though and I'm feeling pretty good - wounds have healed well, and are only a little tender now. I see the surgeon on Tuesday for the all clear, then I can get back to life as normal! My best friend and her DH are visiting for a few days next week (they live in US so I only see her once a year if lucky) so I'm really looking forward to that - good motivation to take it easy and make sure I'm 100% better by then!  AND, only 4 weeks until our holiday!  eexcite.gif

xoxo

#14 Spock

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

hi everyone, I'm back for some personal replies....

bjb, glad to hear your surgery went well and you're recovering well too. sounds like you are being well looked after too. hope you have a great time with your best friend from the USA. SO nice to have a holiday to look forward to. It was good to know the sex of our baby but also hard as brought up all those sad feelings again. I'm seeing the cardiologist on Friday so will hopefully figure out what my chest pain was. I am hoping it was a panic attack rather than some heart problem.

meggs, thanks for popping in. waves.gif

libra, thanks for your kind words. it just hurts so much sometimes.....i hope the sniffing is going okay...

mitchp, thanks for your thoughts too. i'm glad to hear your dp is doing well. not long to go now....perhaps see a nutritionist or naturopath about he calorie intake??

dtr, you're doing well with the weight loss. you sound like you're in a good place.

countrymel, welcome back! that may sound odd but I think you know what i mean.

hi to anyone else I might have missed.

afm, i'm doing more bts tomorrow and seeing the endocrinologist on wednesday then the cardiologist on friday so busy busy busy. i am starting to think that this upcoming transfer might be our last if the same thing happens again as it is just killing us, losing all these babies with nobody able to explain why. so really going to give it our best shot, even if that involves using some experimental treatments. guess i have to see what comes of my bts. i am starting to think about surrogacy but for now i want to focus on the upcoming transfer, possibly in July. At least that will be a nice time to go to Hawaii.

#15 spring08

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

hi all,

Hi countrymel, good work on giving up smoking again! How is it going?? Have you got an appt booked with Dr F/S?
hi DTR, Libra & mitchp - good work on the weight loss campaigns! Dreams sounds like you guys are going great - it's hard establishing those habits so well done. Mitch, don't know what a recommeded calorie intake would be during a cycle, but I think it'd be important to make sure your DP was getting enough energy - doing a stim always seems to knock your body around.  As spock suggested, might be worth checking with a nutritionist or even your FS.
Libra, how's the ongoing sniffing treating you?  When's your surgery happening?
BJ, glad you are recovering well after your surgery and that your mum and DH have been spoiling you (as they should!) Nice to have a holiday to look forward to also. Where are you off to?
Spock, wow, sounds like you had a bit of a squeeze there with all your houseguests. I'm sorry that they keep coming back with no answers to help, and it must have been hard hearing the news about your little boy. Sounds like between work and tests you are really busy - really hope they can find something that might help with your next tfr. How did you find dealing with the donor agency and the ivf clinic in hawaii?
Hi Meggs!
AFM, we've chosen a donor & signed our contract so it's all underway.  Feels very strange, & had a bit of a meltdown last week, but I think this is our best chance. I usually deal well with stress, but all of this happening on top of a really heavy week at work last week wasn't good.  We weren't able to get our first choice (who was more similar in terms of interests/talents), but managed to get our 2nd donor choice. She has done a donation cycle before, and is more similar to me physically. So off to hawaii late April/early May - as others have said, there's worse places for a holiday, so now I can start to get excited about that. I think we'll have a 10-12 days or so.

Hope everyone is having a good monday

#16 mitchp

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hey all, just a quick update - DP goes in early April to start injections for another EPU. Hope you're all doing well xx

#17 mitchp

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Depression can come so easily these days. Found out my ex-DP and her GF are expecting a child. Why them and not us? Trying to hold on to positive hope that this will be our year. Each year it's one year more of the unobtainable. Gods give me strength to go on and continue to be positive for my DP.

#18 Spock

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

mitchp hhugs.gif it's so very hard. I am always asking, why not us??

#19 misszoe

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

i constantly ask myself why them and why not me. call me selfish, call me jealous, call me envious, call me whatever... sometimes i think it is not fair:(

#20 mitchp

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thanks girls - I know you're right, and agree it's always 'why not us?'.

I just hate it that others seemingly get what they want while this group of us lose out time after time.

And yes Zoe, I'm too angry, jealous, selfish and envious of others. It's getting to the point if this doesn't ever work out for DP and I that I am wondering if we just sell up and move to another state where we know nobody:(

Good luck all x

#21 misszoe

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Exactly, I keep telling my husband to move overseas  so I dont have to hear about others pregnancys news, dont have to go to baby showers, christenings, kids birthday parties etc.

I feel like living under a rock sometimes.

As for me Im doing ivig therapy this weekend, hopefully that will help with my NK cells. Such a robust protocol, and expensive one at that! I just dont get why FS's believe there is no problem with these NK cells. I hope Im the example and can write home about it.

Have  al ovely day girlies. xx

#22 spring08

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

hi all,

mitch and zoe - I hear you guys.  There is no reason why this is so hard for us & it's just not fair.
mitch, we'll be here supporting you and your DP when she starts her next cycle
zoe, good luck with the ivig therapy - what's involved?
hi spock - hope you're doing ok and getting some answers with all your tests.

#23 BJBubbles

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi All!

mitch  bbighug.gif   Life is a big fat ball of unfair sometimes!

I hear you on the pack up and leave feeling!  Strangely enough, IVF is actually the reason we've stayed!  We'd love to move overseas for a few years, but the idea of having to find new doctors etc, and then the cost (at least Medicare makes a dent in the bills!)... all too hard!

Zoe Good luck with the IVIG. Let us know how you go!  heh - what part of this whole process isn't expensive???

Spock  how did you go with all your doctors appointments? Any answers? I hope the cardiologist was able to put your mind at ease a little...?

Hi to everyone else!!  waves.gif Hope you're weeks are nice and uneventful!

AFM - had my BFF (I hate that word, but I've known her since I was 4 and she's the closest thing I have to a sister...) and her DH visit last week. Awesome 3 days of too much food and booze and lots of catching up! I paid for it after though - my body is still getting used to the whole "no gall bladder" thing but it was worth it!

Also - the surgery has screwed up my already screwed up cycle! I'm very impatiently waiting for AF... currently on CD35 and not feeling like she's close.... gggrrr

xox

#24 Spock

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi ladies,
Bjb, yeah for having a good time with your buddy. You have to indulge sometimes or life just becomes dull. I don't understand how your gall bladder surgery has messed up your cycle? Hope af turns up soon so u can get started.
Spring, how are u going with all your donor plans? Have you firm dates for Hawaii yet? I wonder if we will be there at the same time!
Mitchp, it's crazy but sometimes I do dream about packing up and moving overseas or interstate permanently. It would feel good to start fresh. But I know in reality we can't escape from all our emotional baggage.
Libra, how goes the sniffing?
Countrymel, hope you're well.
Afm, life is still a bit crazy with the huge restructure at work. Good in a way as I haven't had time to dwell on 'things' but exhausting. Just had a planning day today. So found out last week from the endocrinologist I'm insulin resistant. Gave me a huge shock as none of my family or even extended relies have diabetes. I'm now on metformin and have been put on a strict low gi diet. Still haven't figured out my chest pain. Having a heart ultrasound this week and an echo later. Have done HEAPS of bts. Suprised I haven't fainted. Did about 10 tubes worth on Tuesday which were flown to USA for analysis as can't do those tests here. So now just hanging out for those results and to see the immunologist. I am sooooooo tired of all this. Just want a BABY now!!!!

#25 Spock

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Sorry forget to add, best of luck Zoe!! I'll be thinking of you on the weekend. Let us know how the ivig transfusion goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.