Miss Fisher

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 71Cath

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

Anyone else watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries?  I am really enjoying it.  Love the 1920's costumes.

#2 minigirl

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Me!! Well i just saw the first one - loving the costumes too. And the woman who plays Phryne is awesome, absolutely loving her  biggrin.gif Looking forward to the rest.

#3 Tiamo

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Love it! Doesn't Melbourne look stunning?
DH watches it with me and it is really not his type of show but he loves all the old buildings and guessing which ones they are.

#4 caitiri

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'm enjoying it, but its really really not how i had imagined the books in my head so maybe a bit dissappointed

#5 Feraldadathome

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Tiamo @ 06/03/2012, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DH watches it with me and it is really not his type of show but he loves all the old buildings and guessing which ones they are.

And of course pays no attention to Essie Davis wink.gif

It's a good looking piece of Friday night fun. Scripts a bit flimsy but beautifully dressed and shot.

#6 minigirl

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

That's a shame caitiri - I had wondered how they'd stack up against the books, I've not read any of them. I must admit I tend to steer clear of tv/movies that come from books I've read - its just never quite the same!

#7 FeralBob!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

I watched one and wasn't enamoured - I like the books better and I'm not fond of some of the casting.

But I will say that the costumes and sets are magnificent!

#8 71Cath

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

The costumes are fabulous.  I think I read they have made 11 episodes, so that will keep me busy on Friday nights for a while.

#9 AstralMoon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Only seen the 1st ep, isn't that great. But the costumes and sets are fabulous. Good on Ch 2.
Essie is ok if a bit annoying. I did enjoy watching Miriam Margoyles (legend!!). However Tammy Mac should retire. (she should NEVER have even started )

#10 Feraldadathome

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (AstralMoon @ 07/03/2012, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However Tammy Mac should retire. (she should NEVER have even started )
Some agreement form me - although is the character annoying in the books also?

#11 threeinnyc

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm not 100% hooked yet lol. I think ive watched too much murder mysteries shows bc I knew straight away that Miranda Otto's character was the dodgy one lol.

ETA ops!

Edited by Kenji, 08 March 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#12 Jenferal

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

I read the first book years ago and didn't like the main character at all.
I LOVE Kerry Greenwood's modern series with the baker set in Melbourne. I think it's one of the best I've ever read.
I love the costumes and sets of Miss Fisher and its making me think I should try the books again.

#13 71Cath

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Jenflea @ 08/03/2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read the first book years ago and didn't like the main character at all.
I LOVE Kerry Greenwood's modern series with the baker set in Melbourne. I think it's one of the best I've ever read.
I love the costumes and sets of Miss Fisher and its making me think I should try the books again.

Jenflea I am the same, I love Corrina Chapman, but I am sure I tried to read the first Phrynne novel years ago and didn't like it.  Maybe I should try again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.