- - - - -

Win a Limited Edition Organic Love to Dream baby swaddle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#1 EBLeearne

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Does your baby have trouble sleeping and self soothing? Love to Swaddle Up is the original and innovative swaddle that allows your baby to sleep with their arms UP in a more natural position and can help facilitate self soothing!.

Superfast and easy to use, Love To Swaddle Up helps your baby stay wrapped all night long! Even dad will be a wrap expert! Swaddled babies who have access to their hand may settle better and sleep longer.

Love to Swaddle Up is available in Original, Lite, 50/50 and Organic.

For more information, visit www.lovetodream.com.au

Prize:
6 swaddles valued at $41.95 each.

How to enter:
For your chance to win a Limited Edition Organic Love To Swaddle Up, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 50 words or less: “What tips do you have for a peaceful night sleep with baby

T &cs pinned in competition forum.

Competition commences Wednesday 14 March 2012 until Wednesday 11 April 2012.

#2 amesmiller

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

A warm bath, warm feed, and a nice firm secure wrap =a very content sleepy baby :-)

#3 wife of a digger

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

bath, love to swaddle up original (i have two) and a bottle. would recomend this swaddle to everyone biggrin.gif

#4 micky_irvine@hotma

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (EBLeearne @ 14/03/2012, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does your baby have trouble sleeping and self soothing? Love to Swaddle Up is the original and innovative swaddle that allows your baby to sleep with their arms UP in a more natural position and can help facilitate self soothing!.

Superfast and easy to use, Love To Swaddle Up helps your baby stay wrapped all night long! Even dad will be a wrap expert! Swaddled babies who have access to their hand may settle better and sleep longer.

Prize:

How to enter:
For your chance to win a Limited Edition Organic Love To Swaddle Up, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 50 words or less: “What tips do you have for a peaceful night sleep with baby

#5 SuperD

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

warm bath, watch for sleepy sign and swaddle. And dont over stimulate baby before bedtime.

#6 micky_irvine@hotma

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

A nice warm bath, and milk to last,

Some quiet times, and nursery rhymes,

We love to swaddle and give lots of cuddles,

As a good nights rest is always best!

#7 Kay1

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

A warm bath, a cuddly towel, a massage, nice clean nappy and pjs, a cozy swaddle, a good feed, a song or story.

Then get down on your knees and pray to the Baby Gods that you all get some sleep. original.gif

#8 Belly Jeans

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Winding down slowly with regular sleep routine, bath, feed, wrap, song/story,cuddle, a fan on for a bit of white noise and ventilation, and a glass of wine for mum.

#9 lauren85

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

dim lights, limited noise, a full belly of warm milk, wrapped tightly and held close original.gif

#10 ozbilby

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

My top tip for promoting a good night sleep is a low sound radio on static, babies find the white noise soothing.

#11 new~mum~reenie

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

It’s one of the techniques new mums are taught before they leave hospital after giving birth – how to tightly swaddle their babies to help them settle faster and sleep better by recreating the security of the womb.

But a top UK children’s surgeon is calling for an end to the practice, saying it is partly to blame for a rise in hip problems among infants.

Professor Nicholas Clarke, a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Southampton General Hospital, says that swaddling babies too tightly can result in hip dysplasia, a condition where the baby’s hip joints are weakened. He claims that forcibly straightening the baby’s legs in a tight swaddle prevents it from flexing and strengthening the weakened joints, with the outcome being a higher number of babies requiring invasive surgical treatment

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/practical-pa...babies-at-risk/

Probably going to get flamed (or post deleted) for sharing this, but the Aust College of Midwives shared this on their FB page today... seemed coincidental that I read this sson after.....

#12 SuperD

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (EBLeearne @ 14/03/2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Prize:

How to enter:

#13 SuperD

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

I have been struggling to put my baby to sleep and keeping him asleep for more than 2 hours every night for the past 4 months. Until recently I found out 'love to swaddle', the fear of loose wrap is history. Now he is only awake twice a night for feed.

#14 emma.h

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Give baby a nice warm bath, pjs on and swaddle them in their favorite wrap me up. Give a nice top up feed. Sing a soft song with gentle rocking. Kiss goodnight and place baby on his/her back in their cot. Fingers crossed!

#15 katteddy

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

nice bath, full belly and a very calm environment before bed.... rolleyes.gif

#16 ALEJA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

For us routine is the key, bath, dinner, drink of milk, fresh nappy then straight into the cot with dim lights. If we wake during the night, limited eye contact, quick drink, nappy change and back to sleep. Plus a few cuddles and smooches.

#17 gemgirl

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

With no newborn yet, I have no idea!  I am reading these tips and have certainly heard that a full tummy and a swaddled baby is the way to go!

#18 WinterIsComing

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (new~mum~reenie @ 14/03/2012, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/practical-pa...babies-at-risk/

Probably going to get flamed (or post deleted) for sharing this, but the Aust College of Midwives shared this on their FB page today... seemed coincidental that I read this sson after.....

All modern swaddles, including Love To Dream (which I have) are only firm around the torso, leaving the legs free in a roomy pouch. I have never straightened my baby's legs when swaddling, either with pre-made swaddles or cloths.

#19 pitzinoodles

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

New-mum-reenie, I love my love to dream swaddle up, because baby can still move in it, it just restricts the movements so I guess it feels like bubs is in the womb, can move, but not far enough to startle themselves awake. My baby can flex his hips in his swaddle up bag.

As far as my sleeping tip, relaxed mum = relaxed baby. Feed in a nice quiet dim room, into love to dream swaddle up gentle rock and into bed. If this fails, repeat the gentle rock, preferably while relaxing yourself in a comfy room. No thinking about the jobs you have to do...

#20 WinterIsComing

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

My tip is:
In a quiet, darkened room, hold your swaddled baby close to your heart, sway gently from side to side and hum a favourite lullaby. Don’t forget gentle kisses on his forehead!

#21 michie0moo

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

A nice warm bath, swaddle in a dim room, some milky cuddles with Mum, and a gentle stoke down between baby's eyes to the tip of her nose will have their little eyes closing.

#22 busymumof1&1/2

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

My baby loves mummy's booby the best, along with a cumfy wrap, and off to sleep she goes, so into bed we all go. Then bubby gets her arms free, and we are awake again. Please help us get out of the cycle, we need this Swaddle Up.

#23 nikkibaby1

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

nice warm bath
nice warm milk
lavender oil under the pillow
and soft music sweetly playing

#24 UNeek

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

The same 'off to bed routine' every night (or as often as you can!) Warm bath, full tummy, keep them nice and warm, lots of kisses and love and off to bed original.gif This worked for bub #1, hoping it works for bub #2 on the way!!!

#25 jude13

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

I need some tips, don't have any. My 9 month old still wakes up 3-4 times between midnight and 8am!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.