- - - - -

Win a Limited Edition Organic Love to Dream baby swaddle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#26 Crosby

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Patience, perserverance, consistency and a little TLC will always work as well as putting my t-shirt under bub so they can "smell" their mummy!

#27 Steggles

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Keep older children away.

#28 nerry

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

I wouldn't say i have great tips, it was more trial and error and in the end i was lucky to have two great babies
who settled easily.  I always made sure that they either had a bath or wash down and dressed them i clean nightclothes, they went to bed with a full tummy and then sometimes some songs and lots of cuddles before putting them down in their cots and letting them settle off to sleep by themselves  original.gif
I only now have troubles if they're unwell or teething which is to be expected.

#29 chauvy23

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

a warm bath followed with breastfeeding, wrapped in a sleeping bag.  Then a big hug and kiss before my little angel settles to sleep.

Edited by chauvy23, 14 March 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#30 Spring Chickadee

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

My tip for a peaceful nights sleep......I look forward to finding out when my first baby arrives original.gif

A supply of Love to Swaddle Up would certainly help me discover a peaceful nights sleep!

#31 BrindleGirl

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Nothing but lots of love and cuddles with baby before bed wub.gif

Sleepless nights suck but our babies are only newborns for so long so I just try and remind myself that soon I will miss those cuddles!

#32 sgarvey

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

There is a new baby monitor app, its unreal, it plays a recording of your voice or soothing music to get your baby off to sleep!!!

#33 Kitty_Kat

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

A gentle wind down routine is fantastic, but even more important is for baby to feel SAFE and LOVED. And what a privilege it is to be a parent and be able to provide this nurturing environment for your child.

#34 Daisy8383

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

A consistent bedtime routine makes bub at ease and sleeping beautifully

#35 kmorty

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

The Dream Feed works for us.  We feed our 13 week old little girl while she is still asleep at 10 - 1030pm and then I only need to get up once during the night to feed her. rolleyes.gif

#36 purple25

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Warm bath, gentle massage, lots of cuddles.

Most importantly, a feed before sleep.

#37 purple25

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

oops, double post!

Edited by purple25, 15 March 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#38 mnsr621

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

A belly full of milk, clean nappy, some kisses and cuddles, wrapped nice and tight and she will be gone for the night!

#39 sars_angelchik

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

I am yet to experience all of this being currently pregnant at the moment, but I think the best thing would have to be a nice cuddle while snuggling bub in close for a feed, that in combination with a nice bath before hand. But nothing can beat the comfort that only mum can give.

#40 foxyjo_23

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

have a peaceful house. if you have other little ones make sure they are all settled at the same time.

#41 Sweetpea11

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

We haven't had all that many peaceful nights with our 4 month old but we get the best results with a final feed, baby massage with lavender scented baby lotion, and playing Jewel's CD of lullaby's. hheart.gif Makes me a bit sleepy too!

#42 Guest_KITTYKAT63_*

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Rock Baby , softly talking to her/him, gently just with the two of you having alone time before bed

#43 FreeRangeBabies

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

A mum is learning as much as a new baby, so it's all about consistency, security, love, food and a clean nappy. Eventually you will find what works for you and your new bub.

#44 ernesto

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

A long walk after dinner, the fresh air does us all wonders & we all sleep like babies (good one's that don't cry all night long!).

#45 dildohead

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Don't let bub sleep all day. Get him/her into a routine, that has them up and alert during the afternoon/late evening so they sleep like a little log all night long.

#46 ernesto69

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Bring them to bed with you.  It's the only way I can get our little guy to stop squawking and sleep, happily in my arms.

#47 Kerrie Malone

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

A full belly, a consistent bedtime routine and a nice, tight swaddle works for my little man.

#48 More cheese Gromit

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

SSSHH

Swaddle,Snuggle,Snack,Hum,He be asleep!

#49 ~Sultana Bran~

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

feed then put baby in a swaddle to bed semi awake to sef settle to sleep

#50 *RockTot*

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

A warm bath, full belly, dry bottom, soft lights, big warm cuddles, kisses and plenty of "I love you"'s original.gif  
Every so often they'll want extended cuddle time - do it! Cuddles with bubs is far more important and fufilling then folding that pile of washing.  Also swaddle, find that perfect one & bubs will be blissfully in dreamland original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.