Mums n Bubs Feb Group Chat

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#226 Flutters

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hey everyone..I am sitting here with a glass of wine and reminissing about this time last year when my little girl was just 5 hours old  wub.gif

We had a birthday party for her yesterday, and she was a superstar. She had a long sleep in the morning, and we went to wake her and she was just laying there smiling at us. My sister is a dag and dressed up in a bear costume (becuase we call her Flissy bear) and she just took it all in her stride. She was little miss centre of attention all afternoon and we all had such a great day. Today was her actual birthday, and she woke up early (5.40 am!) but I fed her then we got up and said goodbye to my FIL in his wife who had been visiting and staying with us since Tues, then she had another 3 hour sleep before we went out. Both DH & I had the day off, so we went to Questacon which is one of the attractions here in Canberra. They have a new exhibit for kids aged 0-6 and my god, she had a ball!! She crawled everywhere, she figured out dropping a ball into a funnel made it fall out the bottom of the funnel (such a clever bear!) and was fearless trying to take off into a climbing jungle gym! They also had seats set up at a water play station and she LOVED it! She's a real little water baby (thanks for the swimming lessons for her birthday dad!)

DH & I got her one of those trikes that has a handle out of the back of it, and she LOVES it! She was giggling the whole time when we went for a walk this afternoon. She squeeled at everyone we walked past, and gave everyone in the supermarket massive smiles.

Anyway, just wanted to update and I am feeling the love tonight. I resisted having kids for so many years and I am still glad I waited, but Felicity has just changed my world. She's so freaking amazing and I love watching her grow into a little girl.

Good luck to everyones birthdays coming up - I can't believe our little bubbas are turning 1!!

#227 1&Twins

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Flutters - it sounds like Fliss had such a lovely party and in her element for the day.

I don't have much time but wanted to share a pic from our wedding and Lucy's birthday.  Despite Lucy not being 100% she was fantastic and after our ceremony I barely saw her as she was getting passed around from person to person.  Thankfully she slept all night and let Mummy get her drink on biggrin.gif .  

Our day was everything we wanted it to be.  It rained softly as we said our vows but it was just lovely and cleared up straight away and the sun was shining.

Anyways here's a pic:

Wedding Pic

Edited by ~ Lucy's Mum ~, 20 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#228 jimbobmel

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi ladies!

Well we have survived the first year!

Happy birthday to our babes original.gif

Just a quick one from me.... iPad is being silly but I wanted to share a few photos of Nixon over the last year.... His newborn shots, a few through the year, his birthday cakeThen finally his cake smash this morning. It was so much fun!

Lucy's mumma, congrats on the wedding/Lucy's birthday! It looked absolutely wonderful!

Flutters, lots of reminiscing here too original.gif

Anyway catch up properly soon xx
Nixon

Edited by jimbobmel, 24 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#229 1&Twins

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hi Mel,

I can't see the pics in Photobucket it says it's a private album.. It could just be me though unsure.gif

Amy

#230 jimbobmel

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Der brain me!!! Try it now!! I'll add a few more from the cake smash that we did today too original.gif

Cake smash

#231 1&Twins

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Wow.. what gorgeous photos!  Nixon clearly loved his smash cake biggrin.gif .  The cake looks amazing.. did you get it made? Oh.. and he's such a cute little boy too.

I can't believe our babies are 1.. time flies.

#232 ~carmen~

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hi lovely ladies!!! Ive missed u all dearly x

Just had a quick catch up on the iPhone, is a but hard :-( Still no home computer for us yet as decided not to go back to work as hands full with DD1 & DS in school!! Big Happy Birthdays to all our beautiful bubbas, really can't believe it has been a year as has flown by so, so fast for me! Anyone else feel like the older & busier u get the quicker time flies??

I feel with Sienna that I just want to stop the clock & I'm trying to treasure every lil moment as she is my last bubba.
She started WALKING 1 week & 1 day after her birthday. Just decided to take off across the room full of confidence. No stoping her now thou, she is so fast & all over the place I am run off my feet! She is so pleased with herself she just walks around laughing & giggling it is so cute! I just adore her :-)

BIG Congrats to kelbelblue & hurrynat (hehe jimobel) on #2's on the way!! Yea for u both!! R either of u going to find out the sex? We did all 3 times & kids loved getting to know bubba by name thru pregnancy, felt bonded before birth iykwim, but that's us ;-)

CONGRATS lucy's mum for your beautiful & very special wedding, your picture is gorgeous! What a lovely memory to have x

Jimobel I just adore nixons cake smash, he is so precious! I still really want to do this for sienna as she was sick on her bday with hand foot & mouth virus, thou I didn't know on the day! What gorgeous photo memories to have, I wish this concept was around when the older 2 were little :-(

Sending love to everyone & your bubbas, is so hard to keep up regularly with no pc but hopefully I can at least try to pop in, even if cant do lots of personals sorry!!! Much love xxx

#233 jimbobmel

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hi mummies & bubbies!!!

Just wanting to wish you all a happy Easter original.gif

Hope that the bunny comes and that not too much sugar is consumed tomorrow.

Love to all

Xx

#234 jimbobmel

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Helloooooooooooo........... Where is everyone??!!! I'm missing you all x

#235 HurryUpAlready

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hi Mel!!!! I'm here, just slack. How are you? How is Nixon doing? Can you believe how quickly our bubbas are growing up?!

Zara is doing well, although she is in to everything which just does my head in. As soon as I get one mess tidied up, she has pulled everything out of another set of drawers or her change table or the toy box or the washing basket - it just never ends! But still, if that's my only complaint I'm doing pretty well I think.

Z has had a temp for the last 2 days, but she's still happy so I have no idea what's wrong. She's never grizzled as teeth come through (she only has 5!), so maybe it's more teeth ... I dunno. She was so hot last night I didn't really know what I was meant to do or at what stage I should worry. I just stripped her out of her winter PJ's down to a singlet & nappy, and gave her Panadol. Not that she cooled down really. Should I have done more?

She woke up super hot still, but she seems cooler now so I'm sure she's fine. I've just put her back to bed which is early, but I'm ready for a rest!

This pregnancy is going well, although I'm not carrying it as well as the first time around. I'm 21 weeks and have put on 5kg - my belly (and butt) is huge! At this stage with Z I had been fairly sick and had lost around 3kg, so was only just starting to play catch up. I'm feeling good though, no more nausea and the tiredness is just the normal mummy tiredness that comes with looking after an active 1 year old. In one way I just want it to be September already so I can meet the baby, but on the other hand I have no idea how I'll cope with 2 of them so am terrified!! Any tips Carmen?

How is everyone coping being back at work? Are you enjoying it? Are you coping with the work/home juggle? How are the kids coping with care arrangements?

Is anyone else thinking of No.2 yet???

Lucy's Mum... belated congratulations to you and your DH on your wedding. The photo you sent to us was just gorgeous!

Molokai... are you around? How is Archer doing?

Kelbelblu... how are you feeling?

Carmen... No, I didn't find out the sex of this bubba (didn't with Z either). We loved the surprise last time do we want to experience that again. HOWEVER, it's killing me not knowing!! I had an OB checkup yesterday and almost got her to tell me. I am 100% convinced that it's a boy so I just want someone to tell me that I'm right! I know I'll be disappointed in myself if I do find out (not to mention ill spend a fortune on baby clothes if it is a boy), so I will try to remain good and keep it a secret. I tell you though, I'm so sure that it's a boy that if a baby girl comes out I will die of shock! I have no idea why, it's just a super strong instinct that is unwavering.

Anyhow... enough rambling from me. I really hope that all the babies are being good to their mama's and that you're all well and happy.

Nat.  xxx

#236 Molokai

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hi Mel, hi HurryNat original.gif I'm still around. I keep waiting until I have a decent length of time free so that I can write a good reply (and catch up with all the posts I've missed) but there's never time!

Archer's doing well overall. He started childcare 3 days per week when I went back to work in mid-Feb and has was sick for pretty much the first 6 weeks. He seems ok now, some weeks are better than others but he's had a cough for 2.5 months that just won't shake. I have a paed appointment finally, after trying everything the GP suggested (liquid steroids, antibiotics, ventolin, steroid puffer). Nothing helps. It doesn't bother him too much but I'm sick of strangers commenting on the 'poor sick baby with a terrible cough'. Sigh. He's not sick anymore really, the snotty nose comes and goes, and he's had gastro twice, and teethed in the middle (those 5th and 6th teeth were nightmare!) and has a temperature every now and then, but generally he's happy and busy and mischievous and cheeky and charming and just so grown up now.

Nat, congrats on your pregnancy! I bet you are so excited. Great to hear there's no more nausea for you now. Not knowing the gender would be so frustrating I bet!! Just wait til your little bubba pops out and surprises you though - how gorgeous original.gif

We are not thinking of #2 yet (Archer is still such hard work and still waking at least twice a night for bottles) but we do agree we will have another. I think we'll start trying this time next year at the latest, earlier the cluckiness grabs me. I don't want to get pregnant without being 100% excited about the prospect, and at the moment the thought of pregnancy and a newborn makes me panic. Four of the girls in my mother's group are pregnant again, due one every month from August. Also I want to lose weight before I start piling it back on. I gained 25kg with Archer, lost 10kg just after he was born, then next I looked I was up 5kg again! So much for losing weight when breastfeeding - didn't happen for me. And also didn't happen when I weaned him. Now its all just dieting and exercise. I want to lose at least 20kg all together - I have lost about 3 so far. A long way to go!

Mel, thanks for the Easter greetings original.gif Cannot believe its been so long since I posted. Slack of me! I hope all's well with Nixon - loved his cake smash photos! We did one for Archer as well, I made a cake and DH took photos while Archer destroyed it - I'll show you a little collage:

I'm sorry I haven't been updating very frequently - I'll try to get here more often and respond to personals! I have loved seeing the photos and keeping up with your stories everyone original.gif

Edited by Molokai, 04 May 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#237 1&Twins

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi guys,

Great to hear from you all again... it has been quiet but it has been so busy being back at work and just getting on with daily living.

Ahh the wonders of childcare!  Lucy has been in since mid Jan and has pretty much had one virus after the other.  The last time she caught something the doctor's advice was to pull her out of childcare until she's 100% better + a couple of days to give her immune system the chance to recover and her having a better chance to stay healthier for longer.  So we ended up taking her out for a week and a half.. so far so good fingers crossed.  

Apart from that she's doing really well, and learning heaps!  Saying a few words even which took us by surprise.  She is a bit clingy to me which gets a bit annoying at times but once she walking properly I think it'll improve.  Though her bouts of sickness her walking has regressed but just yesterday she was wanting to walk everywhere and not crawl, so that's a good sign.

We are moving again in a month, which is such a relief because we hate were moved to a year ago.  So we were lucky enough to find a beautiful updated bungalow to rent long term which suits us.  Can't wait to move!!  Just hope it doesn't unsettle Lucy too much.

Lucy has been on one nap a day for a month consistently now, she sleeps between and 2 and 3 hours and eats heaps and loooves cows milk but I try to just give her a cup of milk at lunch and a bottle before bed and if she wakes at night and won't settle without a bottle I'll cave and give her one.

Nat - glad to hear you are going well your pregnancy.  We didn't find out the sex with Lucy and loved that we didn't but next time I'm thinking I will for convenience.. but then that's not really a good enough reason.  Anyway will see when that time comes.

Molokai - great to hear from you.  Love the pics of Archer, he's a real cutie.  I as said above I can totally sympathise with the sickness... it's not fun at all.  And don't pay any attention to those pesky strangers making comments.

Hey Mel, I was thinking the same thing about how quiet it has been in here.  Glad you got the ball rolling again, it can sometimes be hard to muster up the motivation.  

Look forward to hearing more from you all.  And hi to everyone else original.gif

#238 Flutters

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hey lovely ladies - how are you all? It has been quiet in here! We are going pretty well, back at work 3 days a week so just juggling that and Miss Fliss.

How was everyones mothers day? Mine was nice, got some lovely peter alexander ugg boots (love them!) and a dvd of pitch perfect becuase I told DH I watched it with Fliss and she danced to all the songs. I had breakfast at home, brunch baby free with my mum & sis, then afternoon tea with DH, MIL and her husband, and BIL & SIL & my niece, who is 6 months older than Fliss. It was really nice. then came bedtime, which took 3 hours. Arugh! It prompted me to have a bit of a whinge over in the BFing forum, and also made me realise that I think it's about time to give it away. I saw a couple of you guys replied to my thread - thanks original.gif Anyway, we are down to a BF to sleep before bed, then if she wakes overnight, and nothing during the day. I am getting a bit over it, and we are thinking of TTC #2 in the second half of this year, and I'd love a couple of months of my body just being mine. Fliss is just very stubborn, and I spoke to the ABA who have said 15 months is a tough time to wean becuase they are just starting to get more stubborn, but don't have the communication skills to fully understand what you are trying to tell them. So we have decided to try night weaning again, and just keep the final BF before bed. So we will attempt that in a couple of weeks. She is showing her strong will more and more each day. She normally loves having showers with DH, but last night I went to hand her to him and she shook her head and went "no no no!" and shut the shower door, then pointed to the bath. Ok little miss demanding! Although I can't complain really - I hope she speaks her mind..I'm sure I will regret saying that down the track though. I can already see we are going to have some massive battles on our hands!

We are off on our first family holiday this weekend, just a short break to the gold coast. It will be Flissy's first time on a plane, so that will be interesting. There is a direct flight from Canberra up there, which is nice, so it's only an hour and a half flying time. We are back on Wednesday, so it should be nice. It's DH's birthday on Sunday, and we are going to spend the day at Seaworld, and meet up with my bestie from high school. I haven't seen her since our wedding, which was 4 years ago, and I haven't met her DH and 2 kids (3yrs & 8 months) so I am really looking forward to it. I think Fliss will love seeing all the animals too.

So anyone have any tips on travelling with a very active toddler?? I am going to take heaps of food and the ipad, but she really isn't that interested in the ipad..she would prefer to run around and play outside. So I am a bit worried about the plane trip, but at least its only a short flight. It's our first time away since she started having day sleeps at 9 months old, so that will be interesting too. We are going to meet my FIL & his wife up there, so it will be nice to see them.

How is everyones little ones going at day care? Fliss loves it, she rules the place though! Everytime I pick her up they tell me she is bossy and very full on. Nice to know it's not just me being overly dramatic when I say she never stops! My MIL works there, so I think that adds to FLissys thoughts of being the ruler - MIL works with the 3-5 year olds, but Fliss can see her through the fence, and a glass door, so when she sees other kids talking to her she claps her hands and says "uh-ha!" Kind of exactly what I say to her and our dogs when they are getting into something they aren't supposed to. ha ha. Cheekly little monkey. We have had a good run so fare with sickness - touch wood. I think just being there two days a week helps with that, but she hasn't picked up any really bad nasties yet. Just the usual sniffles. Im sure that will change with coming into winter. I have heaps of sick leave, but I also work on commission, so I am hoping I won't have to take too many days off work if she does get sick.

Molokai Fliss still wakes every night too and until a couple of months ago the thought of another used to make me break out in a cold sweat. But I don't want any longer than 3 years between Fliss and out next one, and it took us 12 months to fall pregnant with Fliss, so I have started thinking about it. Plus I figure 9 months is a long time - 9 months ago she was up 3-4 times a night and having zero day sleeps..now she's still up at least once, sometimes twice a night, but her day sleeps are amazing. Althought I thought about it last night when I was up with her from 11 - 12, then 3.30 - 5am (!!) and thought "god if I had another one at the moment that would do my head in" So I go through stages. At the moment I am hoping she will sort herself out soon *sigh* I love the photos of Archer - such a cute little man! I can't believe how much all the babies in my mothers group have grown up, and how much of a little girl Fliss is...no way can I call her baby any more!

Lucy's mum good luck with your move - it sounds as though you will be much happier there. I really think you need to love your home as it's your sanctuary. We are trying to think if we would move or extend when we have number two. Extending is so expensive, but we have done a lot to this little house in the 6 years we have owned it, and I'm very attached to it. We will see - we fixed our interest rate last year for 2 years, so we can't go anywhere until at least June next year. I hope Lucy transitions well and isn't too unsettled for you when the time comes.

Nat how is your pregnancy going? Did you decide to keep the sex a surprise? We didn't find out with Fliss, and I was 100% sure she was a boy, so I was super surprised. It was nice thought, I adored the name Felicity so much more than I liked our boys name (Lucas) so I'm glad we got to use it :-) Fliss is the same as Zara - she's into everything! I had to call poisons info because DH left the toilet door open, and she got in there! I heard banging, and then picked her up and thought 'wow kid you smell like toilet duck...uh oh!" She had put her hand down the bowl and touched the gel disc on the side *sigh* so they said just give her something to dilute it, and she will have an upset stomach. Lesson learnt DH! She also got into my kitchen drawers and pulled EVERYTHING out, so I re-organised them. She's now allowed to play in two of them, which is all the plastic stuff. I feel like I am running through an obstacle course by the time she is done! She also climbs into the drawers, but can't get herself out. I hope your pregnancy continues to go well - you are braver than I am original.gif

Hi to everyone else - miss grumble has just woken up. She's been rotten today - I think the second of her horrible molars is coming through - poor little munchiken. So I am going to chuck her in the car and go and get DH from work. Maybe she will let him entertain her while I cook some dinner!

Love to all of you xxxx

#239 jimbobmel

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ok girls, I've finally got time to sit down in front of the computer and catch up!!

Hurrynat, how have you been going??
I can't believe that you only have about 15 weeks to go!! Did you find that you popped out really quickly this time?

How has Zara been too? Did you end up finding out was up with her temps?

Carmen, how has your brood been keeping? I bet you are super busy all the time! Do you think that Sienna will be your last one for sure?

Molokai.... Archer is gorgeous!!!!

Don't stress about the whole weight thing! I was doing great and within 2-3 kilos of my pre preg weight, next thing you know & i now weigh the same as the day that I delivered him...... Clearly breastfeeding didn't work for me either & considering I am still feeding him twice a day, it does diddly squat!

Hey Lucy's mumma!! Lucy gets more adorable by the day!! I want these babies to stop getting bigger!

Child care sucks for these illnesses & it's not cheap either! We now call it "germ share" instead of child care. How has Lucy been since her little break from it? I think that Nixon has had a runny nose since the week he started. He has just gotten over a pretty nasty cold now but still has a runny nose! It drives me mad wiping it all the time & with the weather getting cooler and windier, the poor skin around his nose is becoming red raw!

Flutters, Fliss sounds like she is the queen of the castle at daycare! So adorable & lucky that she has her gran/nan there too!

How was the Gold Coast trip? We are off to Sydney in two weeks for a long weekend so have you got any tips for me for a toddler on a plane? Did you guys enjoy Seaworld? How is work going too?

Well as for us..... I'm back at work full time now (crazy I know!) but the extra money is great & my mum and dad have Nixon on Monday, Tuesday and every second Friday so he goes to daycare on Wednesday and Thursdays. He still cries when I drop him off but the group leader in his room is so wonderful!!

Like I said before, we are flying down to Sydney in two weeks for a long weekend. I've been before but DH has never been and we really want to take Nixon to the Zoo and the aquarium. You Sydney girls, is there anywhere else we should really make an effort to get too? What kind of weather should I expect too?

Well Nixon is such a beautiful little boy! He is running around everywhere, has 16 teeth, he is obsessed with birds and the moon and is a total daredevil on his trike! He is saying more words too and heaps of babble which is just so gorgeous!! I am totally loving this age at the moment!!

Because I am such a fatty boombah at the moment, I have started the Michelle Bridges 12WBT in hopes that I can lose the 15 kilos that I put on over the last 2 years of being pregnant and with a baby. Once I lose that weight we will then start trying for number 2. It really frightens me about having a second  because of the PND that I had fist time around but I have a great doctor now and I'm very positive that it will all be ok! It's just the sleepless nights that worry me!! I don't know how you girls do it Molokai and flutters!!

Ok well That is enough from me but doctorseuss.... WHERE ARE YOU!!!???

Alright, Night all and hope to hear from you soon!

Much love,
Mel xx

#240 HurryUpAlready

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Hello???? Is anyone still out there?  It's been ages, but I miss you guys!

Our babies are about to turn 2, can you believe it?! It's time for a catch up!

I'll start, but will keep it brief for now in case you've all disappeared.

Ok.... so. I had another baby in September last year, when Zara was 19 months old. We had a boy (I always "felt" that it was a boy, but we kept it a surprise which was lovely), and after 10 months of not being able to agree on a boy's name, we called him Max (Maxwell Dean - Dean being a family name of DH's). It was the only name that one of us didn't hate! It's growing on me, but I wish we had come up with something better.

Max is 4.5 months old now and he's a sweetheart. I feel bad that he doesn't get the time and attention from me that Z used to get, but he'll survive, I'm sure.

Has anyone else taken the plunge with #2 yet?

Zara is great, although I find her harder the older she gets. She is still pulling crap out of cupboards or my handbag every second of the day, but that is still pretty much my biggest complaint, so I'm lucky. She still doesn't have all of her teeth! I look at her mother's group buddies who all have a mouth full of teeth, yet Z has heaps to come yet. I assume she'll get them eventually!?!

She loves her baby brother and is very sweet with him. She's very sweet in general actually. Now that the kids from m/group are getting a bit older, I'm seeing some of them turn into "hitters" or "biters" (one of the little girls slapped Max in the face on the weekend - nice). But Zara seems to be the placid one in the group, so far. I love that about her, she has such a sweet and gentle nature with other kids. I worry that she'll be a target for bully's in the future. I'll have to start her at karate if she gets picked on down the track!  

How is everyone else doing? Did the kids eventually settle in to day care (aka "germ share", lol)? It must be hard with them getting sick all of the time, esp when you have to work. Z brings it home from crèche (at the gym) a fair bit, and DH always gets it, which sucks. We all had gastro at one point, which was delightful. I was feeding Maxy in the middle of the night whilst vomiting into a bucket. Fun. At least I didn't have to go to work the next day though, thank god, I don't know how you gals cope!

I hope to hear from you guys for a general update, I'd love to know how you're all doing.

Much love,
Nat. xx

PS - I'll try to attach a couple of recent pics of the kids. xAttached File  image.jpg   110.09K   19 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   122.02K   28 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   244.96K   31 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   155.16K   20 downloads

Edited by HurryUpAlready, 16 January 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#241 1&Twins

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Just checked in for the first time in ages and so excited to read your post Nat!  Love your photos and pleased that everything is going well with the not so new addition.  Max is just gorgeous!It crazy to think our babies are hitting two!  We have a party planned for Lucy next Saturday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not going to be too hot.  We are still have major heat waves here in Adelaide and I've had enough!  She's totally into Hootabelle from giggle and hoot, so will make a cake that somewhat resembles that!Life is good but busy, I've just enrolled Lucy into bebe ballet.. she looks so cute in her leotard and tutu.  The classes aren't serious and this age hence it's called Twirltime.DH and I are officially trying for number 2.  We both feel ready now and Lucy definitely could do with a sibling.  She's been hitting recently but very bossy but I guess it's just the age for it.  Fingers crossed number 2 happens soon.It was so lovely to hear from you and I hope to get an update from the other too.  I might try to upload a recent picture of Lucy.Amy x

Edited by Etienne, 08 February 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#242 1&Twins

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Etienne, 08 February 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#243 1&Twins

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

And further to the above comment.. I just took a pregnancy test and it's Positive!  Whoo Hooo

#244 Justaduck

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostEtienne, on 10 February 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

And further to the above comment.. I just took a pregnancy test and it's Positive!  Whoo Hooo

Congrats! How exciting for you

I was in the Feb 16-29 group and my Mia will turn two on Sunday. I found it a bit hard to keep up on here (my DIG switched to FB) She had her first day at "kindy" (childcare) today and was really good for the morning. She is a bundle of energy and talks non-stop. Overall she has been a really easy and cruisey kid but we are just starting to see the hints of defiance in her. She will have a party on Saturday with a Spot (the dog) cake as she has a Spot who she loves and takes to bed. We'' take her to Australia Zoo on Sunday.

As you can see in my sig I had another little girl a few days before Christmas time. She was a planned c-sec for 8am but I went into labour naturally at midnight. I did not even realise and only rang the hospital because I was in constant bad pain & I wanted to know if I could take something for it so close to c-sec time. They called me in and of course I was in labour, so had the c-sec at about 3:30am instead. She was lovely and healthy but I ended up in atrial fibrillation, transferred to the high dependency unit at the public hospital next door (DP & DD2 stayed at our private next door and came over for the day and feeds overnight) for the first few days. They screwed up big time though there and put me on far too high a dose of blood thinners (4x what I should have been on), which resulted in my wound bleeding out like a waterfall. Luckily I was back at my own hospital by then and my Ob rushed me off for emergency surgery to clean the haematomas out and staple the wound (he didn't want to stitch in case it happened again, that way he could just clear out the one area).

Aside from that, we are all doing well. Mia was a 2nd percentile baby for her weight (after being born 50th) but since starting cows milk at one year she has chunked up to a normal weight. Ella is massive, especially compared to Mia at the same age. She is 75th for weight and 96th for height and in 00s at 7 weeks old. I've found two kids so easy that we are going to TTC#3 towards the end of the year. I've got to find a nightfill job though around the middle of the year to save up for my Ob as I wouldn't want to be under the care of anyone else after what happened this time around.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

#245 Molokai

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Wow, I can’t believe that the last time I posted in here was pics of Archer’s 1st birthday. And he just had his 2nd last week. A year between posts is kinda slack!! I guess we are all busy with our toddlers (and new babies for some!).

Well Archer is such a little man now. He is still hard work, but I think that’s his personality and I don’t want him to change that just to suit his tired old mum. He’s been getting assistance for his speech, which is a bit delayed. Its stemmed from hearing loss due to all his illnesses (fluid in ears) and we might be going down the grommets path. Another hearing test next week then the ENT again. But his speech has improved and he learns new words every day.

He loves numbers, letters, colours and shapes and sings the alphabet song all day long. He points out numbers everywhere (signs, buildings, train carriages etc) and finds circles and triangles in the strangest of places. He’s cheeky and so determined. He’s also hit a whiney stage and wanting to be picked up/carried all the time, and mostly wants mum, not dad. Its exhausting and usually by the time my work days come around I can’t wait to drop him at child care and have a break.

He’s quirky and amusing and at an entertaining age. Eg this morning took a carrot from the fridge and carried it around for hours, pretending it was a train, using it to point with, then doing whatever we asked him to do with it like ‘put the carrot in your hair’, ‘roll the carrot over’, ‘touch your toes with the carrot’. It’s like having a miniature clown in the house. He loves making us laugh.

He started sleeping through the night last October – so about 3.5 months ago. Finally. He just decided one night, after waking for 3-4 drinks per night, that he’d sleep through. Now he’ll occasionally wake for a bottle if he’s sick or teething, but I’d say 9/10 nights he sleeps through. Only now are we considering having a second baby. Especially that lots of my friends are having kids now (so many Feb – April babies coming!). So clucky, they’re gorgeous. Looking back at baby photos of Archer does the trick, too. He was so adorable! We might start in a few months.

Etienne – how was Lucy’s party? Did she love her Hootabelle cake? I’d love to see little girls doing ballet, how adorable! Love the photo of her with her ukulele, she’s gorgeous. CONGRATULATIONS on your positive! That’s such great news J Lucy will have someone to boss around exclusively soon!

Flutters – are you still around? How’s Fliss going? She sleeping well now? How did your flights go with her?

Mel – how’s Nixon? You must be flat out, with full time work. I feel busy and I’m only working 3 days per week still! Did you manage to lose any weight? I have spurts of motivation but always fall back into lazy routines. I’m at the same weight I was a year ago. But I’m going to boot camp in the mornings (attempting to go every day, but I’m not disciplined enough). Since Archer’s started sleeping through, I can’t use the ‘tired’ excuse anymore. Now I need to get my eating under control. I’m in such a bad junk food habit. Cake, chocolate, anything sweet for that sugar hit. Nixon sounds adorable, would love to see a pic of your big boy! Any luck with #2?

HurryNat – Congrats on Max! I like the name, but we couldn’t use it as our surname is very similar to Brenner (if you all know of the Max Brenner chocolate shops). What gorgeous photos! Your kids are lovely. And is that you in the Santa pic? You look so young! Zara sounds like she has a lovely temperament. Archer is a bit the same, child care always tell me he’s such a sweet boy, and gentle boy. He’s more likely to be doing puzzles and building lego towers than running around yelling like some of the other kids in his room. He’s about to move up to the toddler room now he’s 2, and has done a few half-days there to get used to it. One of those days, he came home with two massive bite marks in his back/shoulders L I was so upset for him, it must have hurt badly. Worst thing was that nobody noticed or logged an incident report, and claimed there are no biters in the room. Well he didn’t do it to himself! And he would surely have made a big fuss when it happened. The ratio changes from 4 kids per teacher to 8 per teacher in that room, so I can understand things slipping past them. They are going to keep an eye out for biters and check all kids for bites every nappy change now. At least he loves the teachers, the room, the new toys, the activities etc.

Justaduck – Congrats on your new girl Ella! Sounds like you had so much drama after your c-section, how frightening! Glad all’s well now and she’s a good size! Hope Mia enjoyed her Spot cake, zoo trip and party.

Here's some pics from his cake smash - we tried to make it exactly like his first one for comparison purposes, but he didn't want to 'smash' it - seems like he learned some table manners over the year! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Molokai, 15 February 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#246 jimbobmel

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hi everyone!! I've been meaning to get on here for months and see how it is going with you all and your babies.

We have been really good. Very busy with working full time and a bit stressed since DH has gone out on his own for work recently but hopefully it all works out for us.
No luck with number 2 yet but I haven't had my whole heart into it and I am still to loose any weight. I think I'm just too bloody lazy and can't be bothered.

Hurry nat- Max is just gorgeous!! I bet that Zara is just the best big sister around! How did you find the adjustment to 2 babies? Do you think that you will be done with the 2 or are you keen for some more?

Etienne.... WOW! CONGRATULATIONS on the bfp! How many weeks are you now? Lucy is just adorable ❤️ How do you think she will go with a sibling? How are you feeling too being in the early stages of pregnancy?

Flutters- how are you and Fliss going!?  It's been ages since we've heard from you and hope that everything is ok!!

Justaduck- how are you going with the girls? Wow, Ella's entrance was spectacular? Is everything ok with you now? No further complications from the c-section? Did Mia enjoy her birthday at Australia zoo? We have year passes to there because it's only 30mins up the road from us so we stop in often. Also we did go for Nixon's birthday too just recently.

Molokai- Archer is such a big boy now! How did they get so big? He sounds like such a clever little boy! I'm so glad that he decided to start sleeping through for you guys! I bet you didn't know yourself. Good luck with the boot camps, I get tho the gym 2 or 3 days a week but half the time I'd rather get home and sit on the lounge so good on you for going in the mornings! Have you decided on a specific time when you will start trying for number 2?

Number 2 is on hold for is for a bit until we get sorted with DH working for himself and hopefully I can loose some weight by then too.

Well Nixon is just the sweetest little boy who really has no interest in toilet training! I'm not pushing him at all but I ask him every day if he wants to do a wee/poo on the potty and the response I get is "NO WAY!!" So I take it that's a no. He has done the odd wee here and there so maybe it will happen sooner rather than later.

He also loves, like Archer, shapes, numbers, colours and he adores diggers, dump trucks and cars. Such a typical boy. Mater from the movie cars is his idol and I've lost count of the amount of times we have actually watched that movie!

We got some chickens the other week so they have been a great source of entertainment and collecting eggs is very fun.

We are off on holidays for a week on Saturday, just to a place called Woodgate which is near Bundaberg and it is very relaxing so I'm looking forward to that plus I pick up my new car tomorrow so that is exciting too!!

I'll see if I can pop up some pic of recent Nixon up too!

Ok, I've babbled enough. Hope to hear from you ladies soon too.

Much love
Mel x

Attached Files

Edited by jimbobmel, 11 March 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#247 1&Twins

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

So great to hear how everyone is getting on and seeing some pics of our big little ones :)

I'm just popping in quickly to let you all know that we are expecting twins!!  I'm totally freaking out but sure I'll start feeling more comfortable with the idea once I start to feel better physically... I've been so sick, vomiting after every time I eat.

I'm 9 weeks along... already feeling so fat and wonder how I'm going to make it to the end.

Hope everyone is well and be sure to let us know of any exciting news!

#248 jimbobmel

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

TWINS!!!! Oh. My. God!! Congratulations Etienne, such wonderful, wonderful news.

Keep us up to date with all the details!

Much love x

#249 Molokai

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Etienne, congratulations on the twin pregnancy!! How exciting!

How are you feeling now? Hopefully the nausea has passed and you are feeling great. Are you huge? 18 weeks...I remember being massive (with a singleton) at 20 weeks and people kept saying 'it must be twins' :dry: so I sympathise if you are getting lots and lots of comments on your size! Are you finding out gender/s?

Mel, little (big!) Nixon is adorable. He looks pretty cheeky but I'm beginning to realise all toddlers have that look in their eye. Any luck with the TTC journey? We were thinking of trying last month, spur of the moment decision while overseas, but it didn't work. We have to hold off now as we are going to the USA for a month in July/August which would be when tests are due, and I don't want to risk not being able to get to genetic testing. So we will try in June and be back in time for testing if it sticks (although DH says he doesn't want me 'pregnant and grumpy' while in the US and ruining our trip! The cheek of him! Maybe I'll be a cheerful and pleasant pregnant woman this time around!! :D )

Archer had his grommets operation on Friday and it all went well. Since then however he's had a terrible cold, hacking cough, high temp one night, and last night throwing up for a couple of hours. I really hoped the grommets might be the silver bullet through all his illness. I guess its still early and he's still healing.

Archer is still also not interested in toilet training. He will tell us about wee or "kaka" after the fact, and wants to sit on the toilet after kaka to have his bum wiped and do the flushing, but he can't quite get around to warning us in advance. I'm not pushing him, not worth the fighting if he's physically not ready.

Hmm what else is new. We are trying to buy a house at the moment, in preparation for a second bub and more room for Archer and his 'stuff'. We've put in a few offers but there's so much competition, its really depressing.

I hope everyone's going well with their little people and new babies and jobs and lives and everything else :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.