pirate party

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wallywonda

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

so my soon to be 4 yr old has decided he would like a pirate themed birthday party this year. problem is i have no idea what to do. we have asked for the kids to dress up, having a pirate ship cake, DH is going to make a mast? and he wants me to make a pinyata(dont know what), they will bash it with rubber swords. just not sure what else. like food wise also. kind of wish i hadnt of asked him what kind of birthday he would like this year now lol

#2 BrindleGirl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

My son is also have a pirate party this year. Nothing too special except that it will be a pirate cake, with pirate decorations and lolly bags.

If you have a look at ebay under PIRATE PARTY you find lots of stuff.

We will also have a find the gold coins. Just buy those chocolate gold coins you can get and hide them around the house. Kids love a treasure hunt! If you don't want to use chocolate buy real gold fake coins.

We will also have a put the patch on the pirate game (instead of pin tail on donkey).

#3 *mylittleprince*

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Our local spotlight has heaps of pirate themed party stuff - cups, plates, serviettes, etc.

For a cake, it is really easy to make a treasure chest. Bake two bar cakes (think banana bread tins), ice them, put the top one slightly back so it looks open and fill with gold coins, necklaces, sweets, etc.

Here are some more ideas:

http://www.karaspartyideas.com/search/labe...irthday%20party

http://www.karaspartyideas.com/search/labe...dessert%20table

Edited for poor grammar and spelling.

Edited by *mylittleprince*, 18 March 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#4 Sambambino

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I bought wooden pirate cutless cutouts from ebay for $1 each and the boys decorated them. I painted them first then had shiny ribbon, red, black and gold stick on gems and pirate stckers that the boys used to decorate.

#5 greengoddess

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Google "pirate party printables" for great decorations that you just need to print and cut out. I use this to get inspiration as well as to jazz up a party. You can just find skull and crossbone pictures on google images, print these off on card or stiff paper (or even fabric) and hang as bunting - I'm sure you can also get pirate fabric to sew bunting if you at that way inclined.

Pirate parties are cool!

Eye patches on arrival (or you can have an activity where everyone makes one).

You could also have an arrival activity where everyone decorates their own little treasure chest (bit of gold paint, a few sparklies to stick on etc), and then prizes for the games consist of gold coins, gem-stone trinkets and little skull and cross-bone erases etc so that the kids can add them to their treasure chest - this is then their "lolly bag" so you don't need to do extra.

#6 Guest_Cathode_*

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (shelbel87 @ 17/03/2012, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so my soon to be 4 yr old has decided he would like a pirate themed birthday party this year. problem is i have no idea what to do. we have asked for the kids to dress up, having a pirate ship cake, DH is going to make a mast? and he wants me to make a pinyata(dont know what), they will bash it with rubber swords. just not sure what else. like food wise also. kind of wish i hadnt of asked him what kind of birthday he would like this year now lol

Treasure hunt!
Easy to make up the pirate map (use yellowy paper, and burn edges when you are done), then hide clues and treasure around your garden, as written on your map original.gif
Good way to keep them occupied for about 20 minutes as well.

#7 BeYOUtiful

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

http://pinterest.com/search/?q=pirate+party

#8 libbylu

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

The most fun thing at a pirate party is a treasure hunt!
I have done a few and I always do them this particular way, even though it is not particularly pirate-ish.  I give the youngest child the first clue in an envelope with their name on, inside there is a picture of the location of the next envelope.  Each envelope has a child's name on it, so each child get's to open an envelope and be the first to see the next clue - so one clue for each child attending.  I usually put a lolly in each envelope. Have locations that are easy to picture, like under the table, under the garden statue, in the letterbox etc. and have the kids charge from one end of the house to the other for each clue.  The treasure at the end can be their party bags if you want to do it at the end, or some other treat like cup cakes or jelly's with pirate flags sticking out.  We have a toy chest which I emptied out and filled with jelly's and that was the 'treasure chest' at the end of the hunt.
For older kids you could draw a treasure map and rip into pieces with each clue leading to a different piece, then they would have to peice the map together at the end.

Edited by libbylu, 09 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.