Due 16th - 31st Aug, 2012 #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#26 Tippi-toes

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

So glad everyones getting good scan resalts...

I'm a little nervous as a friend of DH's recently found out their baby had spina bifita during their scan... I guess you sometimes get soo excited about seeing bubs that you forget theirs a big serious reason while its done.  

Fingers crossed for everone whos scans are comeing up (ours is on Tuesday and DH will be able to come...) YAY!

#27 jcbenny

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hi I'm Jess. I haven't posted here before, but I have been reading through the posts of those due in August. Baby number 2 is due 21 august, had the anomaly scan yesterday and all is looking well... Dd1 is 2.5 years old and is excited about having a sibling, but she's adamant she wants a little sister... She's even picked a name! Baby is constantly moving, and I'm loving it...

#28 Lilolil

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hello Everyone!!

Fantasti,c to hear all the good scan results. I had my 20 week scan last week and was sooooo relieved to find out everything was all good. I had been hearing some awful horror stories before it and could barely sleep the night before.

We did find out the sex and it is another boy which we are stoked about - I have been buying heaps for him over the last week - so cute.

I am growing out of my hips and thighs - damn it! As for bump, in the morning it is barely there and by nightfall I feel 8 months pregnant grrrrrr. I hear you lakurumau on the pregnancy yuk thing, I am finding it a bit harder this time, maybe because I am getting on a bit,

Hope you are having a good holiday break xx

#29 lace

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (judit @ 06/04/2012, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I'm Jess. I haven't posted here before, but I have been reading through the posts of those due in August. Baby number 2 is due 21 august, had the anomaly scan yesterday and all is looking well... Dd1 is 2.5 years old and is excited about having a sibling, but she's adamant she wants a little sister... She's even picked a name! Baby is constantly moving, and I'm loving it...

Hi Jess. My daughter was the same - it HAD to be a sister! Of course, it's been confirmed it's a boy. Daughter took several days (and tantrums, tears, mourning) to get used to the idea, but is now talking about her future baby brother with fondness. Very cute.

#30 ms-marti

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well it's a healthy looking baby with all the bits in the right places thus far, yeay and it's a BOY. Moat people were guessing another girl which was fine, I kind of figured that the sonographer would say it's a girl I might have that second of OW and then be all psyched - suffice to say it actually never occurred to me what I would think if they said it's a boy  ohmy.gif  I know I'm an idiot. Now all I can think is yikes what am I going to do with one of those hmmm the same as with my DD take it one day at a time.

We have now told our friends, finally and still pushing right ahead with our house extension/renovation. We are nuts rolleyes.gif but need the extra room and guess there is no real right time for any of it, renos, babies etc it's been quite exiting having the concrete poured, sad I know, and now the bricks have been delivered this morning.

At least now with passing this scan milestone I should feel more comfortable posting here tongue.gif have been avidly reading through past posts happy to see so many good scan results.

#31 jcbenny

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Lakurumau - yes we too are having a boy! Dd is also finally comprehending she is having a baby brother but continues to ask me "Baby sister after ok mum?"...

I kept most of her baby clothes, but i feel the need to buy some boy items... Trying to steer away until we move... Feeling like sardines at home especially because dd has taken over most of the space...

#32 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

I had a sneaky look on our pics and I think I can see a willy!
We have loads for both sexes already, so we are prepared.
Felt my first kicks from the outside today, yay!!!
How is everyone?

#33 ms-marti

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

jcbenny - Loving the sardines imagery  biggrin.gif I think we are experiencing the same feeling at present as losing the study and laundry has certainly "shrunk" a lot of the room we had to store all the "crap!" and now it's all within a 2 bedroom equivalent space. I cannot wait till the reno's are done, yep we will be in debt for a few lifetimes but we should have a 3 bedroom, 1 study and an open lounge, dining, kitchen area (there's no drool emoticon) ddance.gif and then down the line when we can afford it a second bathroom  eexcite.gif

trishalishous - Like the sneaking peaks, my sister is due start of August and will not show us the scans so we wonders if there's also something to be seen  laughing2.gif they want to be surprised. It's just been "fun" looking for generic baby clothes, so I got a couple then will do a massive spree shop once it's born grin.gif cause that's what I'm going to feel like at 8 1/2 months pregnancy  wacko.gif

lakurumau - I'm grateful my DD is clearly that bit too young to understand what getting a brother or sister means  tongue.gif  then again she's probably well aware and existed that she will not have to share her dolls with this one.

Lilolil - I blame the size of the bump on there having been a subsequent pregnancy and the muscles letting go earlier, and not on the ice cream I have been indulging in most nights  tongue.gif

Tippi-toes - hope the scan went well.

CCABW - Woo Hoo on a good scan and yeay on ditching the cold.

firsttimer77 -  biggrin.gif on feeling the movement, blast my anterior placenta sad.gif oh well hopefully by 22 weeks that will change.

#34 lace

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (jcbenny @ 13/04/2012, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lakurumau - yes we too are having a boy! Dd is also finally comprehending she is having a baby brother but continues to ask me "Baby sister after ok mum?"...

Heheh! Similar statement from my daughter (do all kids think alike?) - "Okay, this one's a brother, then a baby sister."

No. Way. Will. There. Be. Another. Sibling.

A friend has given us loads of boy clothes this week, and I'm giving away all our old girl clothes. I'm setting up the baby room (previously my study) and getting giddy with excitement. Come on August...

#35 jcbenny

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

This pregnancy seems to be going much faster than my previous one! I too am excited for August! I started going through dd's baby clothes... Gosh they are so tiny!

anyone else having a really sore back? I just feel so stiff! Can anyone recommend a prenatal masseur?

#36 CCABW

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (jcbenny @ 17/04/2012, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This pregnancy seems to be going much faster than my previous one! I too am excited for August! I started going through dd's baby clothes... Gosh they are so tiny!

anyone else having a really sore back? I just feel so stiff! Can anyone recommend a prenatal masseur?

Hi jcbenny - Yeah - I get a sore back, so I get my hubby to do back rubs!!  Works for me!  wink.gif I agree that this pregnancy seems to be going faster than previous ones - I think it's when you are so busy you don't have time to sit and indulge in being a pregnant lady, IYKWIM.

Hearing you ladies talking about sorting out clothes etc is making me feel guilty that I have done absolutely nothing towards this new baby.  I should start searching through for all the neutral newborn clothes... unsure.gif

Congrats to all of you who have found out the sex - glad to see there are lots of boys!!!!!! We are in the keeping it a surprise camp - so I won't even be looking at the DVD of the scan in case I get any clues! biggrin.gif

ms-marti - hope you feel more movement soon. An anterior placenta must be really frustrating.  I am feeling loads of kicks and there are some strong enough for DH to feel.  Yay.  Makes it a bit more real for him, I think.  I keep getting comments on my "popped out" bump.  Have to say I think it's cool! Am really enjoying this stage of the pregnancy - feeling good.

The other good thing is the "crying for no apparent reason" appears to have stopped.  I put that down to lack of sleep. original.gif  

Hope everyone is feeling good!!!

#37 ~A2~

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thread closed

New Due in August thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.