February 07 Parents # 394

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thought I'd do a quick post and see how all the kids are settling back into school. It hasn't bothered Jack at all, which has been great. I miss having him at home though!

Charlie & Hamish are going well at daycare. Hamish has moved to the preschool room and that has clearly made a huge difference to him. Poor chicken simply wasn't stimulated enough in the 2-3s room.

Charlie is just starting to pull up and cruise! Exciting but I wish he'd slow down. He already seems to have a great sense of humour, always laughing and doing funny little things to make us all laugh. Can't believe he'll be one in a month!

I've started my new job and it's going great. So lovely to be able to use all my skills to directly help my own family. We are currently getting our house ready to put on the market so we can buy something much bigger that's hopefully only a few years old. So exciting times ahead for us. Although DP just landed a big contract in Canberra so will be over there a lot for the next 10 or so months.

Amber - how has Z gone at school? Trying to fall pregnant with Hamish was hard and took a long time. I've since realized quite bizarrely that I have no trouble falling pregnant once my weight drops below a certain number. It's so weird! I hope you guys don't have to wait much longer! Did you make a decision about the small business course?

Heidi - how are things with you?

Tess - I hope Neve has a great party on the weekend! I love throwing kids parties and every year I say I'm not going to do a proper party but I always do as its so much fun for everyone.

Bel - I hope Ryan's party is a success also.

Honestly where did the last 6 years go? I know it's so cliched but it's so very true!

#27 *maddierose*

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hi,
I've been meaning to post since christmas but everytime i've attempted something has come up.

Ryan is gong great back at school, he couldn't wait to get back. Ryan has started BMX racing and that is keeping us very busy but he is very passionate about it.

He is also starting soccer when it starts back up and Jai starts soccer joeys tomorrow. Being the mum of boys is so different to my dance and netball mum days, but i'm loving it equally.

I'm back at work after 3 weeks off and really considering some sort of change, i need a better family/life/ work balance.

My Mum is going to hospital in just over a week as her neuro has found a shadow on her brain and is not sure if it is another aneurysm, so further testing needed. Praying it is nothing of concern.

As for our house i guess iit's not so much the house just our bad luck. Pretty much all our appliances blew in a matter of months, from the hot water system to the oven, 3x computers, dyson, plumbing leak in the walls that went through the stair case and down stairs etc etc etc. Broken windows and slashed wrists from maddie falling through it. Seriously the list is endless, in the last 12 months we have visited the emergency departmeny so often..
This year will be better though. We have almost fixed everything. Tossing up still if we are staying put though. I think though it will be hard to find another house of this size in our budget.

Ally: Great to hear you are enjoying working with your dh. Good luck getting the house ready for sale. Sounds like your boys are doing very well. Any further consideration on number 4?
We stayed at ashmore palms in qld, kids loved it.

Amber: Hope you find something that suits you, whether that be work or study. Loved seeing your recent pics on facebook , what great memories. How has Z settled in at school? Hoping for you that your announcement isn't to far off.

Tess: sounds like you all are doing great. I too will be holding Jai back until 2015, he too is still tiny.

Roz: loving your pics also on facebook, your kids are all so gorgeous and growing oh so fast.

Ally: time definitely flies and it takes you a while to realise just how quickly it goes. Jai is almost 4 and i'm missing the toddler years, i just wish they could stay babies longer.

#28 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Bel - hope it turns out to be nothing for your mum. That is my worst nightmare, especially now as our family has grown. Is her neuro at RNS or Macquarie neurosurgery?  I'm thankfully up to 5 year scans and next one is 2 years away bit it's always in the back of your mind. I hope you find a job that offers better work/life balance. It's so hard to juggle a busy family. I think in reality number 4 for us is probably a question of when, not if now. I really hope your luck improves this year!

#29 *maddierose*

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ally: Yep RNS. Mum is still 12 month scans and my sisters and i are two yearly, so far it hasn't reached us.  

Yay for you for #4 being a when, how exciting. We tossed up about another but kept going back and forth, sadly i think now with our ones ages we may have left it to late.

Edited by belnryan, 13 February 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#30 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Just thought I'd pop in and share some news. We are expecting baby number 4 in September (around the 24th). We couldn't be more excited. We haven't told Jack and Hamish yet as they will be excited and it's such a long time to wait lol.

Fingers crossed our house sells quickly and we can upgrade to our dream house, with plenty of space for everyone.

So for all of you with 4 kids what do you drive? I won't be sadtp get rid if my CX7 but not thrilled at driving a van haha. I think we will be looking at the Imax and the VW Multivan.

Edited to add: hope everything turned out ok with your mum Bel!

#31 pippityroo

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Wow, congrats Ally! That's fab news!
We have a Chrysler grand voyager (06), they only have 3 anchor points though, you'll need to get a bar put in. Unless Jack's seat isn't tethered?

What will the gap between Charlie & #4 be?

#32 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Tess - Oh hadn't considered the Chrysler. Think they might be a bit exy new. I'd prefer new I think, or a demo. Getting extra anchor points installed isn't an issue. Anyway will probably leave the car issue until the house is sorted.

There will be basically 18 months between Charlie and the new bub, which is our smallest gap. Not really phased by it, only complicating factor is Ben will be working away for next 10+ months, so will be juggling solo. Going to at least research and consider an au pair. Not sure if we would do it but its an option.

#33 pippityroo

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Ours was 2nd hand, but a good price. But yeah very exxy brand new. I love ours though, it's perfect. Plenty of space, especially the boot.

Oh cool, 18mths is a great gap. That's what I have between Mila & Roo. Mila adores her baby sister wub.gif there are a few challenging moments, like trying to get everyone to bed at once. But way way way more positives than negatives.
Are you planning on tandem feeding?

Having Ben away will be hard, I'd be sourcing some help too. I find usually the mornings and nights (from 4pm-7pm/bedtime) the times I prefer 2 of us.

#34 *maddierose*

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Woohoo Ally that is fantastic news, congratulations.

We had a kia grand carnival but now have a 7 seater territory.

Mum saw her neuro today for results and sadly not good news, she has 2 new aneurysms, on the opposite side this time. ATM she is refusing surgery until after her birthday in July. She is very
scared and tbh so am i, Life is so unfair sometimes.

#35 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Oh Bel I am so sorry for your mum and I very much understand the fear that you both must be feeling. So incredibly cruel to be going through it again. Will they clip them again? I will have your mum in my thoughts for sure xx

Our previous car was a 7 seater Territory and unfortunately with the back seats up I wouldn't fit my double pram. I love the CX9 but again don't think the boot will be big enough or safe enough really. Vans are just so ugly and uncool  roll2.gif

Tess - bed time is what I dread the most. Hamish still naps some days and when he does he likes someone to stay with him while he goes to sleep - can take forever! Ben usually deals with the older boys while I deal with Charlie. Tonight Ben is at work and I managed to get them all down so hopefully it will be manageable. I would love to tandem feed, if Charlie doesn't wean himself during my pregnancy. I nearly got there with Hamish & Charlie but Ham weaned himself when I was around 22 weeks I think.

#36 mychubbybubbies

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Congrats Ally! How exciting original.gif we only have a 5 seater so I can't help you there. We were considering a 7 seater a couple of months ago but I don't want a van and don't want to sacrifice my boot space since we like to go on road trips quite a bit original.gif

Oh no Bel you haven't had much luck at all lately sad.gif thinking of you and your mum. I hope things turn around you you very soon!

Not much to report here. Kids have settled in well at school and are keeping us busy with all their homework and after school activities. I've been doing a lot of reading in my spare time once they are in bed and really enjoying it.

I hope everyone is well original.gif

#37 ~Heather~

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Ally.. I am so thrilled for you!!! Thats amazing news!! Congratulations!!

#38 Amber7

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Congratulations Ally. That is fantastic news xx
Im sure in your search you will find the perfect balance for a car you like aswell as need.

So sorry to hear about your Mum Bel sad.gif I hope everything look up soon for you guys & everything goes ok for all. You all certainly deserve it.

I haven't popped in for a while so I am a little behind. I know there have been lots of birthdays though (and I am terrible at keeping up with them all) so a big "Happy Birthday' to all those who it applies to.

We have a little exciting news also. So far only close friends and family know (and I feel safe enough to post it here). We are deciding about when to 'officially' announce it as its a bridge we haven't crossed so far, so everything is NEW.
We are expecting...not one....but TWO babies in October.  ohmy.gif  happy.gif  It doesn't even feel real to write it down. My head is spinning at the news.

#39 pippityroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Massive massive congrats once again Amber. I am beyond thrilled (and excited) for you! wub.gif

#40 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Wow Amber that is the most amazing wonderful news! A massive congrats to you and your family.

We can talk people movers together lol!!

#41 ~Heather~

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Massive news Amber.. so amazingly excited!!!

Twins.. twins.. twins.. wow!!!

#42 *maddierose*

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Congratulations again Amber. I am so excited for you. I hope you have a wonderful uneventful pregnancy.

#43 Amber7

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Thank you guys :-) We hope it's very uneventful also. It's quite worrying to read the risks but we are being positive and just hoping they grow nicely! I have started to mentally prepared myself to carry 2 babies...it's a weird thought!
Haha, we sure can Ally. At this stage we are looking at 4x4 (possibly for Michael) but I want a Tarago, will be second hand and later model as going from 2 to 4 children was quite unexpected so we will have plenty of other costs also.
Do you already have a double pram for Charlie & the new baby? I've ha a quick browse, but it's alot harder thinking for 2 newborns rather than a bigger gap with different needs/functions.

#44 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Amber - I hadn't considered a Tarago, I will add that to the list of cars to check out. Ben has decided he would prefer a Landruiser but I have veto on the basis I don't think it would be much bigger than the CX9 or Territory.

I already have a Strider Plus which I bought so I could walk with Jack and Hamish and that is holding up well. Some twin mums I know have used a Valco one (not sure of name) and the Baby Jogger City Select (I think that's the double one).

Have you been in touch with the multiple births association (if you have one in Tas)? My friend thought they were invaluable for support and advice.

It's such amazing news and I could understand it taking a while to get your head around.

I'm off for my 12 week scan today, might start telling people then I guess lol, although I find people needlessly rude and judgemental about baby number 4. Honestly why would you even voice and opinion - babies are blessings whether they are number 1 or number 4!!

#45 Amber7

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

That's the reason I want a Van as a 4x4 wouldn't be that big for our needs, but if we change both our cars and Michael gets one then at least his will fit us all but won't be our primary vehicle.
Oh awesome! Strider plus double was the pram I have been researching. I love the kingfisher blue ones. It seems suitable for 2 newborns as both seats recline a fair way back. I also like the city select but wasn't sure if a wider pram would make life easier. Plus then with the strider I can carry one in a carrier and use it as a single, if the need arose.
I haven't been in touch with them yet, I think I will after my 12 week scan as I am sure seeing them again will make it more real and really kick start my need to get organised.
Some people speak without thinking. I have had a few people tell me I will have my hands full but I think that obvious enough without saying it...lol! It certainly doesn't matter the number at all.

#46 pippityroo

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

We have 2 cars. The Chrysler & hubby's car. His is a cheapie (ie, cheaper to run), we bought a few years ago, and he uses it for work and whenever he needs to go out (without kids). Then the Chrysler gets used when we all go out, or if he needs to take one of the kids with him. It doesn't get used much (once a week, twice at most), so it's not all that costly. Especially as we live in a small town and everything is close by.

I do recommend staying away from kias, they are a piece of sh*t. We test drove a 2nd hand carnival while pregnant with Mila (one of the newer models), and it was falling apart on the inside. But of course up to you, everyone had their own likes etc.  

People are dicks. I loathe the hands full comment, and any other referring to my family size. I get it every time I'm out (even when all kids are behaved) p*sses me off!! Thankfully I haven't got negative comments towards the amount of children I have (ie i have enough, shouldn't have more, etc), but then I am surrounded by supportive people.

Hope the scan went well Ally!

Edited by PippityRoo, 18 March 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#47 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

We also have 2 cars. Ben just bought a brand new Mazda BT50 4wd with the hope we could use it for holidays etc and then we found out we were pregnant haha. I think Ben's decided the car issue needs to be sorted sooner rather than later so I guess we'll start looking soon. I don't think Kia's on the list, but I know a few people with new ones and they quite like them.

We might be making an offer on a house today, which is stressful as our place is still on the market. Though fortunately looks like we can afford to hold on to this place either until it sells or indefinitely as an investment. Although personally I want it sold.

We hadn't told the kids about the baby, hoping to hold off a few weeks so it doesn't seem like so long to wait. But driving home after work the other night Jack pipes up with 'mum, are you and dad having another baby?' To which Ham chimed in with 'yeah you are I heard dad telling someone you are pregnant. Can't get much past those 2 lol. Although Jack is concerned we might need to catch a taxi to get around. Funny kid, had to explain we can buy a van.

Most people we have told aren't at all surprised to hear we are having another baby. I think most of our friends just expected if although its not something we've really talked about to anyone. And yes the you'll have your hands full comments are annoying. I don't think 1 extra child really creates that much more than 2 or 3 anyway.

Amber - striders get a bit of a bad rap by pram snobs but mine has served me really well over the last 3 years. And I've often used it with Charlie in the ergo and Ham in the pram.

We are off to the dr with Charlie today as we have figured out he has some sort of cows milk intolerance. The last 3 days we have cut it out and he is sleeping so much better at night and no longer pooing up to 8 times a day. Poor kid!

Well I best go do my housework, we have another open house this weekend.

#48 heidistar

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Wow didn't know you girls still posted in here biggrin.gif Goes to show how long it's been since i checked EB.

Well as you can see from my ticker.... we've had a whoopsie  ddoh.gif

Not mentioning on FB yet as A) I haven't told the family yet & B) i only just started a new job & i'm not going to tell them just yet either.

This was totally unplanned & a huge shock as we were trying not to fall pregnant. We decided after our recent separation that i would stop taking the pill as it actually makes me not want to have sex at all, which was one of our major issues. So i was using Fertility Friend to work out when is was not safe to have sex. But it would seem i entered the information about my period wrongly & it put me ovulating later then i actually did, resulting in our huge Whoopsie!!!

Should be due around 21 November

Edited by heidistar, 26 March 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#49 heidistar

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Congrats again Amber  biggrin.gif

Oh & Ally, congrats to you also  biggrin.gif

#50 EsmeLennox

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

OMG! So many new babies/pregnancies. Congratulations to you all!

Amber, my sister had twins about 20 months ago, it's been hard work for her, but they are gorgeous. She had a very easy/uneventful twin pregnancy, I hope yours is the same.

Heidi, what a shock! I know what a surprise an unexpected pregnancy can be, it can really rock your world. Hopefully it all goes really well for your family.

No more babies here, I'm too old these days, I'm looking to have my plumbing removed this year. So many problems.

I rarely come in here anymore, but it was listed in today's topics. I will have to lurk a bit more often!  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.