February 07 Parents # 394

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#51 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Congratulations.....Wow Heidi that is huge! Will you have been working long enough to qualify for paid parental leave? I think personally 3 kids are awesome, so much so that 4 seemed perfectly logical to us. How do you feel about it? I can only imagine how much that would throw things when you are getting a relationship back on track. Some things are just meant to be!

Not much news with us here except the offer we put in on the house on Thursday was accepted. So all going well we will be moving in 2 months. I can't wait, it's in a new area, house is only 4 years old and there are loads of young families nearby and it's a street that really embraces Christmas  biggrin.gif  now crossing my fingers our old house sells in next couple of weeks, not keen to be a landlord.

#52 heidistar

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

That's Terrific Ally About the house & sounds like a really lovely area you will be moving to.

Unfortunately by the time baby is due i will only be there 9mths.... I wasn't pregnant when i went for the interview, however i was when i started the job. But i did not know until Sunday, which was 3wks later. I am on a 3mth probation, so i have decided to wait to tell them until that has finished. Not sure what i will tell them, but thinking along the lines of that i didn't know when i started the job & that i wanted to wait until i was over 12wks to make sure everything was good first. That i need the job & i like working there so i didn't want to jepordise that. I am hoping that even knowing i won't be able to apply for maternity leave that they may consider keeping me on after the baby is born. If they can offer me a baby position i could return to work 2-3mths after baby is born.

Chirs was a little taken back by the "accident" but i think his coming around. He said last night "Well you can't plan everything. I know the girls were planned, but somethings just happen." Then he started discussing Boy names.

Really hoping for a boy this time, would make the accident more worth while IYKWIM?

#53 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

They can't fire you because you are pregnant, as that would be discrimination, so you should be fine! What a bugger you fall a bit short in regards to PPL!

#54 MelRaLi

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hi Everyone, thought its probably about time that I popped in for a hello. so much news going on in here.

Amber - congrats again on twins. Still wow... As for how much work.. meh, all babies are lots of work, things will work out.

Ally - congrats on #4 and how exciting that you're buying a new house. Good luck packing, unpacking & moving whilst pregnant with 3 kids.

Heidi - wow, what a whoops!! Good to hear that chris is coming around to the idea. Perhaps after this bub is born you'll need to look into contraception that doesn't hinder sex drive. But I'm hearing ya.. As for work, Ally's right, they can't fire you for being pregnant. However, if you're willing to go back after 2-3 months then that will certainly be favorable. Fingers crossed they have a spot for the new bub in the babies room. How are you enjoying the role of Teacher in this CCC? Must be different and exciting compared to a Diploma role.

As for us, still plodding along here. Am in my final year of uni now with only 4 academic subjects left and then my final internship before I qualify as a teacher. Seems to have gone so fast, but gees its been a hard slog.

Rachael's loving school & enjoys the different roles that they are given each week. Liam's really flourished socially and emotionally this year and is starting to form friendships and play interactively well at preschool. He's more than ready to go to school next year original.gif

#55 heidistar

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hi Mel,

Actually being the teacher is much the same job i was doing before as i was the room leader in my other positions. But this is far less stressful as i am not also supervisor & this centre runs by the regulations. So nothing to really stress over.

Wow almost finished your Degree, almost a teacher!!!! Congrats to you, it is such hard work! I still have the 2 subjects i am doing now, then another 2 next session & finally another prac & i will 3yrs trained. If i want to continue to 4th year it will take me another year- 6 subjects.

Edited by heidistar, 27 March 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#56 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Wow Mel, uni seems to have gone really fast for you. You've had done so well to juggle studying and the kids. What are job prospects like in your area? What grades are you hoping to teach? I can't believe Liam is off to school next year - they really do grow in the blink of an eye don't they?

Heidi - sounds like your new centre is perfect for you. I'm sure they'll be accommodating of your pregnancy. In my experience good employers will always do what they can to retain great staff.

Not much happening here for Easter. We usually go away but feel we have enough going on at the moment. Although we are all having a day off on Tuesday to take kids to the Easter show in Sydney. Hoping it will be less busy than it would have been over this weekend. Kids are excited!

#57 ~Heather~

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Heidi: WOW, what a surprise! Congratulations!! 3 children will be great, hard at times but still wonderful.

Ally: we are heading to the Easter Show on Tuesday as well! Staying in Parramatta overnight so its not such a long drive home after a long day. SO excited to go.

Mel: I love that you have almost completed Uni, you have done tremendously as I know how damn hard it is via distance with children. The end is in sight!!

#58 heidistar

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hi Girls, Thanks for your congrats.... But it looks like i'm miscarrying sad.gif I started spotting on Thursday & yesterday started bleeding like a period. I went to the Dr and she said the cervix was closed, but took another blood test to compare to the one i had on Thursday. Anyway Thursday's one was only HCG 139 which is low for 6wks & yesterday's was only 100. I have to go for a scan tomorrow to make sure, but it looks like it's a miscarriage sad.gif

#59 mychubbybubbies

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Oh no Heidi  cry1.gif thinking of you and crossing everything that its not a miscarriage.

#60 EsmeLennox

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

I'm sorry Heidi.

#61 heidistar

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Had a scan today & they said they can'tr see anything on the scan, so it appears i have passed the baby already. I said i hadn't noticed & she said it would have not been a very big clot at this far along sad.gif I am very sad at the loss, but it's kind of a relief also as i was very worried about the work situation & now i don't have to tell them anything.

#62 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Gosh Heid, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds very much like my miscarriage between Jack and Hamish, which was also about 6 weeks. It's terribly unfair but ultimately I believe these things happen for a reason.

I hope you're coping ok xx

#63 pippityroo

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

I'm so very sorry Heidi sad.gif Look after yourself, & grieve if you need to. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ally, I know you said it with good intentions & you definitely didn't mean to offend... But I'm not sure saying you "believe these things happen for a reason" is the best thing to say to someone who has just miscarried. I honestly don't mean to offend you by saying this, and it's hard to get this across in the nicest possible way (sorry!). But if it were me these things were said to, I'd be upset (but that's just me).

#64 heidistar

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thanks Girls xx

Ally, It's ok i get what you mean. I feel that it must have ended for a reason, that the baby just wasn't growing correctly or whatever.

#65 pippityroo

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

So long as you're ok original.gif

Edited by PippityRoo, 02 April 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#66 *maddierose*

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

So sorry to hear Heidi, hope you are doing okay.

Ally: Looks like my mum's op is happening the 2nd of may, dr didn't want her waiting until her birthday in July although she is still trying to talk him into it. Anyhow i was wondering if you know of any support forums or anything for aneurysms. Looking for people who have had a second op and how it compared to their first etc.

#67 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Heidi - thank you for understanding what I meant. It was certainly not my intention to upset or offend. Having been through something very similar to what you are experiencing I know how heartbreaking it is!!!

Bel - I only know personally 1 other person who has had an aneurysm and co-incidentally we have the same neuro - possibly everyone from here gets referred to the same one? She has been operated on twice (both very tricky aneurysms) and she is going great and is currently almost finished her study as a doctor (largely inspired by her experiences I believe). I've never looked into any forums because everything fortunately for me was straight forward and all follow up scans have been clear. My neuro has a great website and they might be able to link you to some support groups. I will PM you the link but I think your mums neuro has some association with this practice anyway so it might not be new to you.

#68 pippityroo

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (~Mo+Moosh~ @ 02/04/2013, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heidi - thank you for understanding what I meant. It was certainly not my intention to upset or offend. Having been through something very similar to what you are experiencing I know how heartbreaking it is!!!

I definitely knew you meant no harm Ally, I just cringe when I hear/see this said to women who are/have m/c. Sorry. I'd personally be upset (even knowing you meant no offence) but we all deal with things differently. original.gif

#69 Amber7

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

So sorry to hear Heidi xx

#70 ~Heather~

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Heidi I am sorry to hear sad.gif Hope your ok.

#71 Amber7

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hope your doing ok Heidi!! x

Thanks for your feedback on the strider Ally! I have decided ill end up getting the Strider compact and get 2 capsules to fit that. Seems like the best choice when thinking about school runs and versatility. I really love the look of it! Congrats the house! It sounds really perfect!
Well don't with Uni Mel! You have done a fantastic job!
I hope all goes well for your mums second op Bel x

Edited by Amber7, 07 April 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#72 *maddierose*

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thanks Amber, i'm sure it will.

Great choice of prams.

#73 heidistar

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Thanks everyone, i'm doing ok. Was a bit sad, had a few cries but i'm doing ok now.

#74 MelRaLi

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Good to hear you're doing ok Heidi

Thanks Amber, note you changed my name form Rachael hehehehe.

How's the pregnancy going?

#75 Amber7

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Glad to hear Heidi!!
Haha, I was hoping no-one would see that Mel! Serious baby brain happening as I glanced at your sig just before I wrote my reply.Going good thanks. Only real issue at the moment is eating. I have no appetite and get full very easy so just making myself eat what I can. I'm also hanging out for my hospital appointment next week to make sure there is still 2 (I'm such a worrier).

Edited by Amber7, 08 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.