February 07 Parents # 394

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Glad to hear you are doing ok too Heidi!

Amber - great choice on the pram. My capsule was my best investment with Charlie. Good luck with your doctors appointment. I'm the opposite with this pregnancy, I am eating for Australia!

Bel - did you find some support groups for your mum? I hope she is coping ok.

Mel - I was just looking at your signature and man have your kids grown!

Thermomix users - tell me all about them! What sort of dinners do you make in them? I'm not a huge fan of slow cooked dinners - are they anything like that? I'm really interested in being able to do healthy food, quickly. Suspect I'm going to have my hands full with the kids, work and Ben working away!

AFU - exchanging tomorrow on the new house with settlement at the end of May. A bit longer than normal but still haven't sold our house so that suits us. Seems all the first home buyers around here are after brand new largish homes not little old cottages - crazy! Anyway we have everything in place to rent this out if necessary but it's really not something I want to do.

I actually went and saw a psychic in Moss Vale after I found out I was pregnant and not only did she know I was pregnant (think I was 6 weeks at the time) but everything she said in relation to the house and new house is pretty much panning out! She also knew a lot about my boys personalities and an amazing amount about Ben and his super positive attitude, drive and that he works a lot- freaky! Most amazing experience.

#77 Monket

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wow, you step out for a month or six and everything changes!  Congratulations to both Amber and Ali....what fabulous news.  I hope you are both feeling great and continue to do so.  It's just like you Amber to take a shortcut to that large family  tongue.gif  Enjoy!

Heidi, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing ok.

Bel, so sorry to hear about your mum.  I will keep everything crossed for her and hope that her surgery goes really well.  Hopefully it will be the last one.  Take care.

Mel, how fabulous that you have nearly finished your degree.  Well done you!!  I really admire you for getting through it with kids, I know I couldn't.

Ali, I hope your house sells quickly.  We have just put ours on the market again after renting it out for 12 months and i have to agree, being a landlord sucks!  Your new house is lovely, it looks like a real family home.

AFU, nothing much happening here.  I am currently looking for a job as I hate working from home.  Now that both kids are at school I would really like to join the land of the living again.  Wish me luck, jobs here are hard to come by.  The kids are semi settled into school.  I would still like to change schools but the kids are totally against the idea.  There is a great Montessori school in Buderim which seems perfect but I don't think I can convince them to move.  I worry that their current school is too small to offer them a huge variety of options a bit further down the track.  I thought all the stress about schools would end once they started but it hasn't!  

Hi to all and I will make sure I pop in occasionally to catch all the gossip.

#78 Amber7

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hope your house sells Ally! Very freaky about the psychic. I would be blown away if someone made accurate descriptions like that about me.
I have never had a capsule before, but now I reckon it will be a life saver!

laugh.gif I sure don't do things the easy way hey heather! Feeling great here, thank you! Good luck on the job front.

Not much to report here. We are currently on school holidays and its a much needed break for all. I savour the days I don't have to do school runs and we have been keeping quite busy & social!
Having a few health issues with early glucose testing, high blood pressure and have been put into the high risk unit of the hospital when I have appointments, which is a standard I think for twins alone, but still just sounds so scary.
We are on the countdown to the 20 week scan....well its a little over a month away, but we are eager to know what these babies are.

Hope everyone is well x

#79 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Amber - how are you going? Feeling well? I'm loving all your baby pinning on pinterest. I've found a love for grey, white, pale yellow and chevron  biggrin.gif

Heather - good luck on the job front. Working from home is the pits. I miss the social element of working at my old work. I'm just about to hire an offsider so that should make my job slightly less lonely, although I've become quite partial to long lunches with girlfriends on my work days - perk of being partners with the boss haha.

Heidi - how are you going? You seem to be having a patch of bad luck. Hopefully everything is on the upswing now, you deserve to catch a break.

Not much happening here, feels like we've had a run of sickness and I think poor Charlie has had at least 1 day off each week for the last month. He usually comes to work, at least then I can get something done. We have 3 weeks until settlement, feels so far away still but I know I should start packing up what's left of the house (lots already in storage, which I don't think actually needs to come to the new house lol - amazing how much useless stuff you accumulate hey).

I had my 20 week scan on Wednesday and think all looked well. Will start seeing my OB in a couple of weeks. Just need to get the car sorted. Really leaning towards a multivan but think the IMAX might be better value. I also ordered a Thermomix which arrives on Tuesday - haha can't believe how excited I am about a kitchen appliance.

Old house still on market, have had a bit of interest but in back of mind I think I've made peace with renting it out if need be, just lucky we can be in that position I guess. Will just have to make a rule not  to drive past all the time and judge the tenant. Will be pretty hard to separate my emotional attachment to the house!

#80 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Amber - how's car shopping going? I've only got 11ish weeks to go and starting looking at cars this week and argh I don't know what to choose. I wanted to organise it from here without going to Canberra or Sydney but haven't had much luck. Apparently there is an up to 5 month wait on the Imax. The Grand Carnival looks ok but Ben thinks I'll regret that since I've had my heart set on the VW Multivan, so looks like we are off to Canberra on the weekend. Oh we also looked at the CX9 but there isn't enough boot space and having to put Jack in through the boot would get annoying very quickly.

Bel - I know you had a Kia for a bit - what did you hate about it? Was there anything you loved? They do seem to have better inclusions than the Imax.

We've been at our new house for almost 6 weeks and its great. My favourite things are the little things like the automatic door on the garage and the internal access into the house and the walk in pantry. Our old house settled last Tuesday and I was an emotional wreck. Although it was old I really loved that house and the neighbourhood and it was hard letting go! So happy we didn't have to hold it as an investment though.

#81 Amber7

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Oops! It's been a while since I have posted!
Late reply, but all is going well thanks Ally! What's your due date again? I only have about 11/12 weeks to go also as ill only be going until 37/38 max weeks!Glad to hear all is going well in your new house! Selling your old home would be hard but I'm sure you will think of the memories in there fondly. Car shopping is at a standstill for us for now. We are getting ideas for what we like and what would be ideal, but won't be buying for another month so it's just a matter of what's around when we are ready to buy. It's tough! Sounds like you are doing all your research to ensure that what you get is perfect and works for you. It's just tricky when its all new to you and it's a big decision.I love Kias, but we can't afford a newer models and won't risk an old one so that's out for us. A tarago, starwagon, Honda odyssey and delica are top on our lists.
Hope everyone is doing well! It's certainly gone quiet again in here!

Edited by Amber7, 15 July 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#82 *maddierose*

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Bel - I know you had a Kia for a bit - what did you hate about it? Was there anything you loved? They do seem to have better inclusions than the Imax.

I actually really liked our Kia, we bought it when it was 2 years old and was a newer model to the ones that had problems. I loved that the middle row seats were separate seats and could be removed,  my biggest issue was I felt like I was driving a bus, lol. But it was perfect for long distance travelling, when we went away it had plenty of room. We have looked at grand carnivals and they are much nicer.

We are in the process of considering another car  and have to take into consideration all the travelling we are going to be doing if the boys continue with their racing, will need room to cart all the stuff. We will probably hold off buying for 12 months though as we used the car savings money to help Jess with her new car after her other one was written off.

Edited by belnryan, 16 July 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#83 ~Mo+Moosh~

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

As most of you know from Facebook we welcomed Harry to our family in the very early hours of last Friday morning. It was a very fast labour (had been warned by my OB that day not to hang around home when labour started!) and a fantastic and empowering birth. We were shocked to have him weigh in at 4.5kg. He is settling in well to the noise and craziness that is our life and he's so far been really cruisy! He only woke once last night - so can't complain at all. He's gorgeous!!

#84 Amber7

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Congratulations again Ally! That's fantastic you had a perfect birth and he certainly was a decent size baby who has fit right into your family.

Edited by Amber7, 28 September 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#85 ~Heather~

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I was ever so excited to hear about Harry's arrival, he is just so smoochable.
Glad it all went well and the gorgeous little boy is settling in with your family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.