4th Birthday Party Games please!
My Little Pony Party theme

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CheriDeMomie

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hoping to get some good game suggestions for a 4 year olds birthday party.

I'm going with a My Little Pony theme as DD is in lurve with pony's right now, she wants a Twighlight Sparkle cake - no idea where to start with that ... i'm not really that great at cakes although I guess I could try ... is it worth just buying one ??

Have arrange a marquee and table and chairs, I have my own DJ gear so will set that up for the kids to do musical statues ... would REALLY appreciate any other suggestions for games!

TIA original.gif

#2 -*meh*-

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

how about events based on the characters:

rainbow dash race
pinkie pie cupcake making
rarity dress ups
fluttershy animal hunt (like a treasure hunt?)
applejack bobbing for apples

and the the twilight sparkle cake?

#3 CheriDeMomie

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

GREAT IDEAS!!!! Thanks so much - i'll add those to the list original.gif

#4 belinda1976

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

You could also do pin the tail on the Pony

Pinata - just buy a MLP gift bag and thread lots of different coloured strings into the bottom, fill with lollies

There are also a heap of MLP games, cupcake patties, decorations etc on Ebay.

#5 mummy~2~two

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I don't know who Twilight Sparkle is but you can just ice a round or square cake and add a plastic pony with some flowers or sparkle type things.

Love all the party game suggestions.

Off to plan my nearly 4year olds rainbow party.

Good luck with yours.

#6 carolinej

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

We just hosted 2 parties for my 4 year old this weekend.  I wouldn't bother planning heaps of games, they tend to just want to play at this age.  We just did pass the parcel, musical bobs, and a dancing contest.  Luckily the weather was fabulous and they just got busy in the cubby house and sand pit!

Cake- plain sponge, iced and decorated with figurines.  Easy and looks awesome!

#7 scooty

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (belinda1976 @ 04/04/2012, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could also do pin the tail on the Pony

Pinata - just buy a MLP gift bag and thread lots of different coloured strings into the bottom, fill with lollies

There are also a heap of MLP games, cupcake patties, decorations etc on Ebay.

Heres a MLP pinata

ETA: They have cake decorations to help you with the cake!!!

Edited by scooty, 20 May 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#8 Chelli

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

The only one I had to add is the "Don't laugh" game. All of the guests sit down and one at a time come up to the front while the guests have a minute or two (depending on attention span) to make the person at the front laugh. Lots of giggles guaranteed.

For parties I've hosted, I usually have a lot of games organised, but depending on how the party is running as whether or not we play them all. It's always good to have a back up plan in case the kids get bored or rowdy wink.gif

Have a great time!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.