My 7 Year Olds Height?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 my4beautifulboys

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hi, Last night I measured my children on the same height chart that my was used for my brother and I, our grandmother bought it for us - so it is quite special. I am a twin, I was always quite abit taller than my brother up until we reached about 15, then he shot away from me. Its interesting though as my DS 7 is almost the same height as me at age 9! and he is now taller than my brother at age 9.

It seems like we we re both quite little for our age, as I would call my DS 7 quite average height really.

#2 Polly Esther

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

What's your question OP?  original.gif

If you're wondering if your son is tall, how tall is he?

My daughter is 7 at the end of July and about 124cm.

#3 Guest_holy_j_*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

I was taller than my brother at one stage, he's a year older than me.

Kids have gotten a lot taller overall since I was a kid. I have met a 9 year old that was almost as tall as me at the time, she was about an inch smaller at 5"6. At 9.

#4 Carmen02

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

My 7yr old DS is 123cms....his 8 in august. My DD is 9 and i havent had her measured in a long time but shes defiently around 150cm always been tall for her age

#5 my4beautifulboys

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

DS is 125cm, I thought it just seemed funny that he is about 5 cms taller than my brother and I was at age 9! It does seem that children are getting taller now.

#6 Polly Esther

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think they tend to get taller as years go on.

Everyone goes on about Napoleon Bonaparte being short for example, but at the time, he was about an average height for a man at 5'6''. Nowadays I'd say men are closer to 5'11" or something to be considered average.

I was tall as a kid... but I stopped growing at 12 so am now a short adult. lol.

#7 my4beautifulboys

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yes I think that generations are getting slightly taller, alot of it does depend on family genes though. Neither DH or I are tall and none of my family are really that tall, just average really. Perhaps DS will finish growing long before we did, as i think my brother was a late grower,  so thats why he that bit taller now compared to us.

#8 brazen

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

emelia has been taller than ryan at the same age for a few years now. i'm surprised i don't get asked if they are twins more often, as she's only a cm or 2 shorter than him!  
i think she will be the tallest of the 3 as an adult.

#9 IsolaBella

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (my3beautifulboys @ 08/04/2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I think that generations are getting slightly taller, alot of it does depend on family genes though. Neither DH or I are tall and none of my family are really that tall, just average really. Perhaps DS will finish growing long before we did, as i think my brother was a late grower,  so thats why he that bit taller now compared to us.

From a family of short genes we are at the short end of the pond.

At 150cm I am still shorter then my 5ft mother. My brother is the same height as my father (5ft 7.5" and has been the male height for the past 5 generations).

DS1 is a shortie. 6.5yrs and now 110cm.

DS2 is 22m younger and is 107cm... so he is the 'tall' one for us.

Also adult height can be very different. My sister was taken to a year 12 formal as she was the only female the guy knew who was shorter then him (My sister is 5ft3). A year later he was a 6ft4 bouncer at a club. He had his growth spurt at 18yrs.

#10 vanessa71

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (my3beautifulboys @ 08/04/2012, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DS is 125cm, I thought it just seemed funny that he is about 5 cms taller than my brother and I was at age 9! It does seem that children are getting taller now.

My DD was 7 in February and she was last measured at the end of last year, she was 132cm. I don't think your DS is particularly tall, maybe you and your brother were a little short? If your DS is about 5cm taller, that would have made you and your brother 120cm at age 9, DD was 118cm at 5.

Generations are definitely getting taller, I think it would be weird for them to suddently get smaller. My mum is 158cm tall, I was that height at 9, I am now 177cm and have been since I was 13. DD's predicted height is 185cm.

#11 UpsyDaisy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

My girls are 16 months apart - 4.5yo and almost 6 yo. They are the exact same weight and height. It has been this way for at least 18 months, it's almost a little freaky. DD#1 hops on the scales at the pead. and reads 15.05kg, then DD#2 hops on scales and she is also exactly 15.05kg. Same with there height - exactly the same.

FWIW - My 7 yo DS is rather tall. At 7 yo he was 129cm and 20.5kg.

Edited by UpsyDaisy, 10 April 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#12 Snagglepussed

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

My 7yo DD (8 in Nov) is 135cm.

She is taller than her sister at the same age - who is now 10 and 155cm!!! So I breed them tall!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.