melting moments

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Buy Me A Pony !_*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm making these for the first time and my mix is very creamy - the consistency of buttercream. Is this correct or have a done something wrong along the way? I've trebled my ingredients so am hoping I haven't miscounted.

#2 Curious.chicken

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

It's been a while but for memory that's right.

#3 Guest_Buy Me A Pony !_*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

So how am I supposed to roll it into balls per the recipe? It looks quite messy. I was expecting a dough type mix closer to shortbread.

#4 Guest_Buy Me A Pony !_*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Onto tray 2 and my god these are good. I'll be lucky if I don't eat the lot before I've made the cream.. wub.gif

They're way shorter than shortbread and I figured out that rolling with wet hands makes less mess.

#5 *Lib*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

They are the ones I do too.....but I don't do the icing, I just make them into biscuits.

#6 Chelara

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

These are really, really good too, a little trickier I think but along the same lines as melting moments http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cookie/HighTeaCookies.htm

#7 Guest_Buy Me A Pony !_*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Don't think I'll bother with the icing either. To add two together would just see me scarfing twice as much. How do I not eat 45 of these before dinner?

#8 MiSS_E

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

The ones I make are quite soft/creamy too. What I do is put the dough on a dinner plate, cut it into ball sized portions, then whack the plate in the freezer. When they're really cold I just quickly grab a blob, roll, put on tray, repeat. Press with fork, bake.

#9 Raisinette

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

WHY WHY WHY did you have to start this thread, and WHY WHY WHY did I have to see it.

Now I must making melting moments YUMMO and because the kids are on holidays I will have to share with them....booooo

Enjoy your cookies, but maybe just settle for eating 30 not 45 tonight  wink.gif

Happy Easter

#10 Ianthe

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Must.resist.baking.

#11 *LucyE*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Chill in the fridge and they are easier to handle.

I love them with passionfruit icing. Yum!

#12 Natbub0610

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

I had passionfruit icing ones at a cafe once, lucky I can't remember where, they were divine!!

Now I have to be tempted not to make some too!!

#13 *LucyE*

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Damn you!  Had to make a batch today and passionfruits are $1.50 each ATM. I normally use the ones from our own vine but it got pulled down to fix a fence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.