TTC #1 after Miscarriage #29
All welcome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#76 Kazz33

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Kmahraj - I went of the pill about this time last year after around 8 or 9 years on it. I had the withdrawral bleed but then nothing. I went to a dr after about 4ish months & he just sorta fobbed me off saying that it can take up to 12 months for it to return. I saw a lady dr a few months later when it still hadn't returned & she sent me for an ultrasound & bloods. Everything came back fine. Finally on NYE AF showed up & at the end of Jan i got my BFP!

Bluecup - Boss made THE BEST decision! Everyone was so happy on Wed. Hmm i might test Thurs too... That would be 5wks since d&c...

Fingers crossed for everyone, i hope we get some BFPs!

#77 kmaharaj

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

hello ladies

Hope everyone is having a nice and relaxing Sunday. I can see a nice big rainbow outside, hope it's a happy sign.  Gosh don't you just hate the TWW. It's awful not knowing.  

So our TV blew up on Friday and we have had no TV for the last 3 days. Hmmm makes for an interesting experiment. DH has been losing his mind. I am pretty cool about it. Listened to some music, reading, housework....and time just flies.  Anyone else experience this?

Kazz33 - sorry to hear that hun. Accupuncture would have helped...i have never been on the pill as there was some concern about blood clots but I know of other people who tried and it worked. Plus after my late miscarriage, my periods came back to normal as if nothing had happened.

Anyway, hope you guys have a great evening. Chat later and yes please God lots of BFP's and all of them sticky healthy beans.

xo

K

#78 Wishing2011

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Mkii  
we were told it was best to have a natural m/c and it will feel like a heavy period
I know right... I was told that by the nurse and by the midwife that it would just be like a heavy period.. ARE THEY SERIOUS!! It was NOTHING like a period.. And it was NEVER heavy like they told me it would be. I kind of panicked when I had the pain. But I’m still glad I didn’t have a D&C.

Jaynen81 I think I’ll be having a CD21 test then too original.gif Just for peace of mind if anything original.gif When is yours?

HOPE6 thank you so much for posting that quote. I might have to print it out and put it somewhere original.gif

Kmaharaj oh wow how did you survive with no TV? I’ve never had this problem before hehe but I don’t watch a lot of TV although we do usually have it on while we eat dinner and watch Big Bang Theory. Last night we watched The Voice. I am not usually into those shows but I enjoyed this one.

Gaia The 2ww feels like forever hey.. But testing time will be here soon enough. I have my fingers crossed for you original.gif

AFM : So I have told DH that we are going to do things the way we did when we got a BFP hehe.. Or in other words do what the FS told us to do when we were trying which is to BD every day from CD10 – CD15. We started at CD9 the month we got pregnant so I told him we are going to do that this cycle too which is today dev (6).gif fingers crossed it works again hehe.. I also just ordered preseed so hopefully that arrives today or tomorrow as I think that may have helped things too. Hope you are all doing okay.

#79 José

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Mkii @ 20/04/2012, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My ob wasn't the most helpful person out there we were told it was best to have a natural m/c and it will feel like a heavy period (it was far worst then a heavy period!) I'm in two minds about going back to him if we're lucky to fall pregnant again in the near future, after all he knows my history ... are you guys still planning / seeing the same ob?

Hey, I was also told it would be like a heavy period- it was nothing like the periods I usually have and I hope others dont have periods like that every month- it was way way way worse! Now Im pregnant again I have gone with a different obs, for a few reasons, but changing wasnt a big deal.

#80 Clare L

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Afternoon ladies,

I'm dashing about today trying to get financial statements signed and filed with ASIC, so this is going to be a quickie - personals later!

I hope you all had a great weekend.

QUOTE (HOPE6 @ 19/04/2012, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Question for the girls who have had 2 MC (Clare L and emmy-g.. anyone else?) did your GP/OB send you for tests or what was the advice they gave you? Apart from an internal scan which showed ovulation and good lining my OB told me to come back to him when i am next 5 weeks PG. It was his opinion that as it happens so early its just Chromoz. problem and little to do with me.... just wondering what others were told?

The doctor at the hospital said 'we don't investigate til you've had three...' - not the best thing to have heard when you're hormonal and emotional! dry.gif My GP sent me for blood tests - bHCG to make sure it was back down to zero, and thyroid and blood clotting factors. Everything came back normal except for thyroid - but they're now refusing to treat it as I'm not pregnant. At least I know though, and can push for more tests when I get get UTD again.

xxx

#81 kmaharaj

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hello ladies

A few quick personals.

Wishing2011 - pre-seed is awesome, I used it this cycle and last cycle.  I like your plan for BD every second day. I hope it works for you like last time.  If it does, let me know and I might try it.

Clare L - I was told the same thing after my first one and I changed obygns for that reason. I threw my age factor at my new obygn's face and he ordered tests immediately. Can't believe they have the gall to tell us to go and get 3 miscarriages....who wants to go through that. I would rather know now and prevent the next 2 if possible.

AFM - I am either 5 to 6 DPO and I had severe pain on the left hand side on day 4 and 5 (i.e. Sat and last night). Anyone else goes through this. The Clear Blue Fertility Monitor and OPK indicate that I ovulated most likely on Wed or Thurs. I am not sure why or where this pain has come from. It can't be ovulation pain right. It was there for about 20 mins and then gone and at the same time on both days around 8 pm. I am so confused sad.gif .  I experienced this last year before i became preggars and used to think that it was ovulation pain because I wasn't using OPK's etc at that time. But now i have no idea what's going on wacko.gif

Any help/advice would be awesome. xox
K.

#82 Blue cup

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hi ladies,

Gaia - tww sucks doesnt it?? Im getting towards the end of mine now, but  i wish it would just hurry up and be testing day. Hope you dont mind me  asking, whats keeping you so busy?

Kazz33 - so we're testing together then? woohoo, only 3 more sleeps.

Wishing - happy BDing and good luck too! It worked before so you can do it again.

Clare L - i cant imagine having to go through this twice more. Some things just dont make sense!

kmaharaj - im not sure what your pains could be sorry. Hope its not  hurting anymore though. We got a new tv not long ago. We've entered the  world of digital! Dont watch that much tv actually, but i watched about 5  episodes of Gossip Girl on the weekend. love it!

AFM - 3 more sleeps til testing day, and im actually feeling pretty  positive about this one. Think Ive had some EPS and my temperature hasnt  started to drop yet. I really hope this feeling is right (obviously!), I  think I'll be more disappointed than usual if Im wrong. And this is our last chance before EDD. Hope everyone's well.

#83 Kazz33

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ohh i dunno bout that Bluecup... I'm too scared to test! Ignorance is bliss. I want to know, i really do. But i dont want the disappointment if i'm not.

#84 rubylou77

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hello Ladies,

I have been a little quiet but have enjoyed reading to see how everyone is going.  There seems to be an air of positivity in this thread at the moment, and I like it!  To the newies in the group I hope you can grab hold of some of this and know while it can never take away the hurt and pain, it can bring a sense of comfort and belief in the future.

To those in the TWW I have everything crossed for you and so hope that I have a companion soon as I get ready leave this group to move into a PG one  hands.gif

Blue Cup - Your chart looks really good at this stage, and is that a nice little dip at 6DPO?  Oh boy, not long now until testing day  original.gif

Wishing - Good luck with your BDing plan  happy.gif  Both times we conceived we BD'd twice on the day of ovulation (TMI I know, sorry)... it seems silly to make a plan for this stuff, but you do whatever you think helps!

AFM - I had more blood tests done Friday and the HCG numbers were still ok.  I have another doctors appointment tomorrow... Some moments I feel quite confident and trust my body to do the right thing... other times I am a ball of worry... Will be laying low for a while until I feel confident enough to move into the PG group but don't think that I won't be checking in to see how you are all going  wink.gif

Take care and bring on the BFP's!!!!

#85 Kazz33

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (rubylou77 @ 23/04/2012, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blue Cup - Your chart looks really good at this stage, and is that a nice little dip at 6DPO?  Oh boy, not long now until testing day  original.gif

What does the dip after ovulation mean?? Why is it good??

#86 Fairey

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me gate crashing a little bit...

I joined this group in August last year. I was lucky enough to 'graduate' in December.
I feel as though this little group helped to pick up all of my broken pieces and helped to bring me back from the dead. Something definitely broke after my miscarriage. And it took a while for all my pieces to heal.

I just wanted you lovely, strong, amazing ladies to know that all of the ladies there were in this group in my time are now pregnant again. And so far, so good for all of them.

Have hope, be strong, and support each other.

We had a group started for us ~ PG with #1 after m/c... it's an amazingly supportive group and when you find yourself in it, you'll be welcomed with open arms.
And we all do understand what it's like to be pregnant again after a loss.

Hope to see you all soon  hheart.gif

PS - Gaia...  hhugs.gif  so happy to see that you're trying again. Think of you often  hheart.gif

#87 rubylou77

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Kazz33 - a slight temp dip between 5 and 12 days past ovulation can be what is known as an implantation dip - when the egg implants into the lining of the uterus.  If you google it you will find heaps of info.  If you are charting and don't get one it doesn't mean you are not pregnant, and if you do get one it doesn't necessarily mean you are, it is just an interesting thing to look out for  wink.gif

Awww Fairey  hhugs.gif  you are lovely and sweet  wink.gif  they are very special words you have written!  Will see you soon in that group I think xo

Edited by rubylou77, 23 April 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#88 Kazz33

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks Rubylou, might have to look into it a bit more. I think i'm out this month now, temp took a dive this morning, down to 36.07 from 36.66 yesterday sad.gif

#89 Wishing2011

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Thank you fairey original.gif sometimes I feel like people just don't understand!

#90 Kazz33

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thank you Fairey, i must have missed your post earlier, i was a bit wrapped up in my temps. Whoops. What a lovely post, it definately gives me hope that ppl have graduated from here & going well.

#91 kmaharaj

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hello ladies

Thank you fairey, just when I feel down and out and the pain gets too much, one of you angels writes something inspiring nice and sweet and full of hope which then helps pick me up. hhugs.gif

Kazz333 and Bluecup, I have everything crossed for you both. I hope you get your BFP's this month.

AFM I am only 6DPO today but already getting all the signs for AF cry1.gif and so emotional. Cried so much last night and again this morning whilst DH was snoring next to me. Had a nightmare that I was pregnant again and having a miscarriage, even saw a big lump of flesh in my dream with little fingers. It's so disturbing. I am not enjoying this TWW at all now. nno.gif

Anyway, have a great day all and happy ANZAC day for tomorrow. hhugs.gif

#92 Wishing2011

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

kmaharaj  bbighug.gif  I hate those dreams.. I had a dream recently that we had a baby but it was born so early it was super tiny and still not quite formed properly... stupid dreams hey.. I guess it really messes around with our emotions. More than people know!

#93 Wishing2011

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

oh and girls.. its not BD every 2nd day.. its EVERY DAY from CD10-CD15. Our FS instructed us based on my charting and blood tests hehe.. but the month we fell pregnant I started CD9 . We did skip CD11 I think as DH was away overnight but we did it allt he days around and I think we even fit in one day where we did it twice.. sorry TMI hehe..

#94 sonmat6

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Fairey @ 23/04/2012, 09:27 PM)
14515186[/url]']
Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me gate crashing a little bit...

I joined this group in August last year. I was lucky enough to 'graduate' in December.
I feel as though this little group helped to pick up all of my broken pieces and helped to bring me back from the dead. Something definitely broke after my miscarriage. And it took a while for all my pieces to heal.

I just wanted you lovely, strong, amazing ladies to know that all of the ladies there were in this group in my time are now pregnant again. And so far, so good for all of them.

Have hope, be strong, and support each other.

We had a group started for us ~ PG with #1 after m/c... it's an amazingly supportive group and when you find yourself in it, you'll be welcomed with open arms.
And we all do understand what it's like to be pregnant again after a loss.

Hope to see you all soon  hheart.gif

PS - Gaia...  hhugs.gif  so happy to see that you're trying again. Think of you often  hheart.gif

Hi Fairey!
I remember you from back in December when we were both in this group. I am so glad you have started a new group as I have been reading the DIGs and other pregnancy groups and they are just not for me, yet anyway. My scan is not til Friday and I am so nervous  about it that I just can't get excited about being pg. So glad to hear everyone else is pg too.
Hope this gives all you other ladies hope xxxx

#95 *Gaia*

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

Fairey - Lovely to hear from you!  You are so sweet to think of me  wub.gif . I definitely can relate to what you said about something inside breaking, it is so hard to go on trying sometimes. Im so glad to hear everything is going well for you. Thank you for brining some positivity in here (as well as compassion). I hope to join you soon. x

Wishing - Yep, 2ww feels like forever! It sounds like you have a good plan in place for this cycle. I hope it works for you again! I think a similar plan as been the key to me getting bfps also so I Im very hopeful for you.

Bluecup - Of course I dont mind you asking. Im studying as well as working. Ive dropped a lot of hours at work so its mainly the study side keeping me busy at the moment. I just finished a nightmare assignment that I couldnt seem to get my head around despite working really hard on it. But I handed it up on Monday so I can forget about that now. Yay! (but now onto the next which is due next week, no time for a break  glare.gif ). Im so glad you are feeling positive and have some eps along with high temps. All sounding very good. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Kazz - I hope you're not out yet. Hopefully temp will rise again tomorrow? I dont know if thats a possibility but it could be a later implantation.

AFM - 4dpo. My temps have seemed generally a bit lower than normal all month this month. Im not sure if that is a bad sign or just random fluctuation? I hope its not a bad sign.

Quick Question for anyone who wants to answer (no problem if you dont and want to keep it confidential and sorry if its been answered before I joined) - But I was just wondering where everyone is from?

Im in Adelaide.

#96 Kazz33

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hello ladies, how are we all today?

Sonmat - Only 2 more sleeps until your scan! How exciting! I am praying that everything goes well for you, make sure you update us as soon as you can.

Ha ha Wishing, i dont think anything is TMI around this place! I was told every 2nd day though. If you do it everyday there isnt enough sperm build up & by 3+ days the quality isnt there, so 2 days is about right. Ah so many differing opinions! Although everyday seemed to work for you though. I dont think i could do it everyday...

Aww Kmarharaj, big hugs what a horrible dream sad.gif. I hope AF doesn't show. I want a BFP but i think AF is on her way.

AFM - Those darn emotions snuck up on me again yesterday. A lady i work with walked into the office with a bub (think it was a friend of her's who was in the shop) prob 2 months old & sleeping so peacefully. Lucky i was just about to go to lunch, coz i teared up & couldnt handle it. So then being emotional i ate too much chocolate & junk & feel crappy today. Ugh. Temp had a little rise this morn & still no AF. Will be 5wks tomorrow since d&c. I still dont know if i wanna test... I dont want that disappointment.

#97 Blue cup

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Well ladies,  I'm out  this month.   sad.gif  didn't even get to test. AF came yesterday, what a nasty witch! So much for my feeling really positive hey?
Sorry for the all about me post, I'm on my phone.  I'll be back for personals tonight.  Hope you all have a good day.

#98 Kazz33

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

What she said sad.gif ^^

#99 kmaharaj

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

hello my lovely friends

Hope you all had a great day yesterday.

Kazz33 - I totally understand about the emotions. Just when I think I have run out of tears forever, they come from no where. I have been so teary over the last few days. Stupid radio station in the morning is playing this add every 2 mins saying "Can't have a baby, try IVF Australia". I think it's so inappropriate to be advertising this way. Feels like they are selling a product rather than trying to help people at a cost. Am I just too sensitive.  Btw, have you checked to see if you ovulated this month after the D&C? I have my fingers crossed for you hu.

Sonmat - I pray that your scan comes back good and that all is well with your bub. Please keep us posted on how you went so that we can share in your joy and say a prayer of thanks for you. hands.gif

Gaia - don't give up hope hun. That's all we have. After stalking the twoweekwait site, a lot of women have no symptoms and still are pregnant.   Btw, can you tell me how you take your temp. I have never done temping. Do you just stick a thermometre under your tongue and record? Is there a special thermometre? I guess you have to be fairly disciplined huh.

Blue Cup - I am sorry to hear that the witch has arrived. But new cycle babe, it means new beginnings.

AFM - Not sure what is wrong with me but I am having anger management issues. rant.gif CD 22 today and for the last 3 days I have letting loose on poor DH. It is so unlike me....it's either that or I am secretly hiding crying because of my bub. cry1.gif  Have been having AF like signs too, and yesterday because of the cramps (like ovulation pains) on left hand side, I got worried that I was ovulating late even though the OPK on CD 15 was positive. So I did a OPK and well the test showed a strong line but not as strong as the the control line (so a negative) but how is that possible to still have the LH hormone on CD 21?  I mean the OPK's I did on CD 12 and 13 didn't even show a line? Does anyone know how long we have the LH surge in our body? I am so confused.

#100 clarisse83

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hi ladies

I posted in the other TTC after miscarriage thread, but thought I'd introduce myself here as well as we are TTC (or about to) for #1.

I had a missed  miscarriage which was found at about 10.5 weeks but bubs had barely  grown since my dating scan which showed me to be 5.5 weeks. It's now  been about 5 weeks since my D&C and I have my 6 week follow up  appointment with the doctor next Tuesday.

Currently at CD33 and  waiting for AF to show up. I'm hoping that it will show up soon so we  can start TTC asap but who knows what will happen as I  came off the pill last July had one AF in November, two months with a  bit of brown spotting then BFP in January so my cycle is very irregular.

Now to read back through this thread to get to know everyone a little better! original.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.