Think I surf the net a little too much
iphone playing up

9 replies to this topic

#1 -HungryWoman-

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Over the past 2 or so months my iphone 4 has been playing up a little.  The button at the bottom on the screen doesnt seem to work when pressing it and I have to press it several times before the phone responds/turns on/turns off.  Has anyone else has this problem??

#2 follies

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

My iphone has always had this issue.

#3 titch482

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

yep i have also had this issue. do all the necessary updates through the itunes.
is it still in warranty? if yes, make an appointment at an Apple Genius Bar (if in Melbourne there is only one at Doncaster or Chadstone shopping centres) and ask them to fix it.

if out of warranty then you are kind of stuck

#4 -HungryWoman-

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Updated it last week and Ive also shut down all open programs.  It should be still in warranty only had it for about 14 mths.  Thinking I might pop into the store tomorrow.

#5 -HungryWoman-

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

does anyone know if you can walk into an apple store and get the problem fixed.  Just looked at their site and I need to make an appointment.  Problem is I will be over that side of town tomorrow but they have no appointments free.  Should I go in and hope for the best???

#6 Procrastinator5000

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

This is a really common and annoying issue. It is more often a software than a hardware issue.

Mine does this on and off, and as a very temporary solution, something you can do is hold the top button down until the power off message comes on. Then you press the home button firmly. Get back to the home screen and it should work a bit better for a while.

Google 'iphone button not working' and you'll get millions of pages of discussion!

#7 TarneeW

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

My iPhone 3 did it & ended up being permanent so I upgraded a year ago. Now my iPhone4 is doing it on & off and is very frustrating. I'm finding a little tap on the back of my phone is helping although probably not the best idea lol! It's very frustrating turning on & off all the time.

I took it into Optus and was told I would need to send it away to be fixed as it's hopefully still under warranty.

I haven't done at this stage but was advised it'd take around 10 days....

#8 Natbub0610

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Find the Apple Store App and book an appointment @ your nearest store.

I've had DD1 replaced a few times because of motherboard and mute button problems. They said to repair it would be more costly and not worth it.

Go thru Apple store, even if it's past warranty. I don't think I even needed to show proof of purchase. Definitely worth the effort.

#9 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I remember someone mentioning it had something to do with the latest update.

Apparently if you do the following

1.  Open any application eg; messages
2.  Press and hold the power button until the slide to shutdown bar appears
3.  Release power button
4.  press and hold the home button (the one at the bottom you are having problems with) wit normal pressure and wait until the screen returns to the icon screen.

This should recalibrate the home button after normal wear or heavy use.

HTH

#10 klbseb

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I had mine replaced last weekend - it's 18 months old. However, as it is under a 2 year contract Apple HAVE to ensure the product is usable for the 2 years.

We had to argue, and show them information from the ACCC, but it was replaced free of charge.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.