Have you thought about names?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Retro_Mumma_*

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (MahnaMahna @ 23/04/2012, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a girls name I love but DH is not sure. Mackenzie. I just love it.

I am curious what the general opinions on it are? So please ladies, give me your honest opinions.

Trust me, when I love a name, even people not liking it doesn't turn me off original.gif I just like to know thoughts and opinions.

Honestly its not my taste but its not awful or anything.

Ive never met a Mackenzie so its something different, strong name.

If you like it use it.

#27 KiwiMelW

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

I like Mackenzie.

I love strong names for a girl

#28 genevievesmum

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Mackenzie is gorgeous!

I already have a DD Genevieve Lily and am thinking of either Jude for a boy or Estelle for a girl.... thoughts?

#29 Guest_Retro_Mumma_*

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (genevievesmum @ 24/04/2012, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mackenzie is gorgeous!

I already have a DD Genevieve Lily and am thinking of either Jude for a boy or Estelle for a girl.... thoughts?

I love the name Genevieve and Estelle

#30 Nofliesonme

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Mackenzie is a middle name option from list 1 with our first. Love the name.I know a lay who called her daughter adorabella

#31 motherwolf

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

i met a girl in NYC called Mackenzie, Mack for her nickname

i love it, its strong and unique and has heaps of character.

my babys father isnt in the picture so i get to choose the name all by myself which is a bonus.

as far as i know im having a girl so im thinking:

Marley Kate
Aurora Kate

back up names if im surprised by a boy are:

Hunter or Jackson with middle names John McEwen in either order.

But the sonographer is pretty sure its a girl...she showed me the labial folds haha

#32 MuppetGirl

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (KiwiMelW @ 24/04/2012, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love strong names for a girl

Thanks Ladies on your opinions original.gif

KiwiMel - I love strong names too and considering my babies are never small and petite (both over 4kg), I think strong names suit them.

genevievesmum - I love the name Genevieve! Estelle is a classic name and I think it suits Genevieve very well. I am not a fan of the name Jude but that is simply because I am not a fan of 1 syllable names. It is a good name.

#33 Nofliesonme

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Mother wolf how far are you

#34 motherwolf

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (thunda @ 24/04/2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mother wolf how far are you

24 weeks original.gif and enjoying the rolling and tumbling!

#35 Quattuor Genitrix

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Current likes .... which no doubt will change a gazillion times before names are settled upon....

Eloise Quinn
Isobel Ann
Xanthia Rose

or

Spencer John
Maxwell John
Benjamin Silas

Of course this can change at the wink of an eye... biggrin.gif

#36 Cat Burglar

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Havent thought about it yet! only just digesting the news. But we came up with heaps of possible girl names with DD, boy names were so much harder.

I love the name Micah too but DH doesnt like it.

I really like Ollie and Luca too but have friends with sons with both of those names. It gets harder as you get to know more kids being born sad.gif

Girls names we liked Scarlett and I also like Samara, maybe Skye (all S names huh?!)
I really liked Leela but a friends daughter is called that.  Hmmm

Motherwolf: I Love marley for a girl! happy.gif

and whoever suggested Maia, thanks for mentioning it, we thought of it for DD but I had forgot original.gif

Edited by Soccer Mum, 07 May 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#37 mellmatho

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

We find out the gender in 6 weeks, and so far we have

for a girl- Peyton Claire original.gif
for a boy- Luke Cohen original.gif

Claire is my middle name and Luke is my partners middle name

#38 mellmatho

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

#39 Cat Burglar

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (mellmatho @ 07/05/2012, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooh I like both of them. I couldnt use Luke as its my cousin. so many good names are taken!

#40 mellmatho

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Soccer Mum @ 08/05/2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooh I like both of them. I couldnt use Luke as its my cousin. so many good names are taken!

thankyou original.gif they are my fav names, I already have a little girl- Skye-Leigh Rose who is almost 7.. would love a little boy this time

#41 Meg88

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

DH and I haven't really spoken about names since we got our BFP but have previously.

For a girl I love 'Rhylea' and have for ages. Others I like: Avery, Addison, Olivia or Madeline

And I was looking through baby names just now and came across 'Xavier' which means 'new house'. We've mentioned the name in discussion before but the meaning is very relevant now as we conceived our 1st month living in our new home (just built).

Other boys names I like are Elliot (family name), Emmett, and Patrick. The only problem I see with these are they're hard to shorten, or I don't like the shortening.

Also Hugo and Theodore (Theo) grab me

#42 iwuvmyboys

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

All of my children will have 2 middle names. My first son's name is Braelon Alonzo Marcaid, my second son, due here in about 9 weeks name is going to be Juellz Aedrean Mykale.... I am not set on Aedrean but I cannot find another "A" name I like, any suggestions?

rolleyes.gif

#43 Nofliesonme

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Think someone poste din the wrong section but hi

#44 Nofliesonme

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

So already changed ours and re added names from previous .

We are adding Isabelle mckenzie
I love Jackson and hunter too

#45 Guest_Retro_Mumma_*

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Have people started suggesting names to you yet?

My mum is so excited and keeps suggesting names bless her.

Her front runner is Sheila for a girl, I think we have different tastes in names!

#46 Meg88

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Retro-mumma: we havnt told anyone yet but I'm sure suggestions will come flooding in when we do. I was guilty of giving suggestions to my sister so I'm sure she'll have some for me wink.gif
and Sheila... Yeah not my cup of tea either

#47 keebra99

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

I like the names BRADEN for a boy and Jaylei or Kailey for a girl

#48 natalia2482

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Question for all.....I really like the name Ava and have liked it for a few years now.  DH's cousin had a baby mid last year and they called their daughter Eva.  So my question is, if we have a girl, would it be wrong to call ours Ava?

#49 bagelbagel81

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

I like Luca, for all the Luca lovers out there. Don't think it's bad to name a child the same name as a pet - and I don't think the name Ava is too close to Eva.

I like Nicolai and Anna for names. But knowing Anna is pretty popular, my second choice would be Cora. (only have known 2 Cora's ever which is probably the reason I like it).

#50 Meg88

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Natalie: I think Ava would be fine! If you love it you should use it original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.