Anyone from the Mornington Area?
thinking of moving...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sg290780

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hi all,
I am from the eastern suburbs and thinking of moving to Mornington or close surrounds?
Have you always lived there? Did you move there? Have you left there?
What are some good Primary or catholic Schools?
Any down sides to note? How is it to get a job?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks original.gif

#2 LadyMorgana

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

I am from the Chelsea area, moved to Mornington 3 and a half years ago and had to move back to Chelsea and will be moving back to Mornington very soon for good.
My step daughter goes to Mornington Secondary College and loves it, and is doing really well. They have great facilities. There's one bad area in Mornington if you want to know where PM me. I'm not sure about the job thing as neither my DH or I work in the area.
I love living there though. Everyone's really friendly. I can't think of a downside! If you want more info PM me

#3 Miss S

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I was a  Mornington girl for 35 yrs, I live in Perth now but I miss home so much sad.gif It is a great place to live although it is rather busy these days, house prices can be a little steep no matter where you live but there is some very nice properties around. All the schools are good with both catholic and public primary and secondary schools. The work side of things all depends on what you and your DH do but Mornington is pretty central. I know the area that the PP is talking about and some spots there are livable as that is where I grew up and i turned out ok happy.gif If you move to the peninsula you will love it original.gif

#4 flowerpuff

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

We moved from prahran in melb city to Mornington 7 years ago & LOVE IT - we also bought our home in the "bad area" that ladymorgana is referring to - the "bad area" is evolving as it was originally buillt as a housing commission area whereas today more young families are buying into it as the housing commission homes are being sold to private buyers & I can walk my children to the fantastic new location of the area's catholic primary school which they love.

I have no negatives relating to Mornington - it is beautiful as is all of the peninsula - as for jobs, I would say it depends on what field you work in - I am in health and am only a 15min drive from home, my hubby is a property valuer (knows a bargain as we bought our home for less than $200k 6 yrs ago) & although on the road a lot during the day, his main office is only 30mins from Mornington.

Good luck with your decision - we have never regretted it for a minute  biggrin.gif

Edited by flowerpuff, 27 May 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#5 bosker

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I lived in Mornington in the 80's & '90's and lived in  different houses in Moorooduc, Mt Martha & Mornington. I loved it, mainly because I had/have familiy down there, so still visit yearly.
I've seen it grow from a sleepy hollow to a bustling town, the shopping is so much better than it used to be.
The only 'downside' that irritated me was the five-fold increase in traffic during summer.
Mother's beach is perfect for little kids, that's definately my favorite beach.
I really miss it actually

Bec& DH
DD19
DS5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.