Due in Aug 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#26 ~A2~

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hi all

How is everyone going with the two groups merged in again?

Regards to all

Ali

#27 currumbin

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hi there.

Can someone please add me to the facebook hidden page?

#28 White-Lily

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hiya!

Sorry I have been MIA, but it doesnt look like I have missed much...

DD has pneumonia so its been pretty full on at home. And then there is still work to go to.

DD is on the mend (finally) and only 4 weeks left of work before M/L!!  eexcite.gif

Will come back next week for a proper catch up

#29 CCABW

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hi everyone - hope you are all doing well.  It is sooooo quiet in here.

Well I am feeling pretty rubbish at the moment.  I am exhausted due to having very low iron.  And I've got gestational diabetes sad.gif so kind of feeling sorry for myself. Finger pricking 4 times a day and watching what I eat is no fun.  Although DH very kindly bought me some diabetic "no added sugar" chocolate to compensate!!!

Am starting to get some braxton hicks which are alarming me a little (even thought there is nothing to be alarmed about), but they bring back those painful memories of contractions!!

Time is certainly flying - 29 weeks this week.

White lily - sorry to hear your DD has pneumonia.  Hope she is on the mend soon. It's exciting that you only have 4 weeks of work left till maternity leave!!  How long are you going to have off?

#30 lace

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hiya,
I posted once or twice before on the August group but am still new really, here are my details for the list:

lakurumau

due date: 17th August
gender prediction: Boy
Siblings : DD 4YO

Feeling very under-the-weather and uncomfortable in the abdomen today. Baby lying transverse, which probably isn't helping...thank goodness the glucose tolerance test is over.

Truly ready for August now!

#31 little bird

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

hi ladies,

thought i'd drop back in again and say hi and wish you all well over the next few months. i've missed being a part of this group, and really missed being a part of the experience you are all going through.

hope your bellies are all growing beautifully!

take care of yourselves.
x

#32 Twilight26

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Just popping in for a quick Hi. Hope your all doing well. Feeling very full and uncomfy now. Bring on Ausust!

#33 FreeRangeBabies

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi ladies....

Almost 34weeks... Eeekkkk! I hope everyone is well!

Seeing as it's so quiet here, can someone send me a link to the fb group? I figure I need to bite the bullet and join.

#34 destinedtobemumto4

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Add me and I can add you to the group Kerrie Letelemaana

#35 mel#1

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hi all, sorry I've been MIA, its been busy with our renovation, work, and getting all baby stuff together.
I have my baby shower in a little over 2 weeks, so very excited about that, because its a milestone and means that I'm getting that much closer to my due date yayyy....I'll get to do up the nursery soon after my baby shower, and by then our renovations will be finished too, so its a good time to look forward to.

I'm almost 30 weeks, and decided i'll be finishing up work just before I get to 37 weeks (3 weeks off before baby due).

Hope everyone is doing well!!

#36 ms-marti

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hi all, sorry I've been MIA, its been busy with work, renovations & I just got diagnosed with gestational diabetes a week ago so working that one out  mellow.gif .

#37 lace

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

How's everyone going?

I'm truly exhausted and still not enjoying this pregnancy at all.

Unfortunately it looks like my partner will be made redundant or take a significant pay cut this week. It's come as a surprise and is the worst timing - at almost 34 weeks it's not a good time for me to look for work...so we are facing an August with a new baby, a mortgage and zero income.

But we are healthy, our daughter is healthy and our son is nearly here...there's a lot I'm grateful for.

All the best to the Augusters out there.

#38 callmecrock

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hi ladies, Is it too late to join in? Im due 3rd of August with little boy number 2 making me just shy of 36 weeks and huge! (at least i feel it)  biggrin.gif

I would love to join the facebook page as well if someone can share the link with me?

Cheers,

Sarah biggrin.gif

#39 lace

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

HI Callmecrock,

And welcome. It's pretty quiet here and all the action must be on facebook - but as I don't have an FB account I can't help you with that!

#40 twilightangel

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (lakurumau @ 02/07/2012, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's everyone going?

I'm truly exhausted and still not enjoying this pregnancy at all.

Unfortunately it looks like my partner will be made redundant or take a significant pay cut this week. It's come as a surprise and is the worst timing - at almost 34 weeks it's not a good time for me to look for work...so we are facing an August with a new baby, a mortgage and zero income.

But we are healthy, our daughter is healthy and our son is nearly here...there's a lot I'm grateful for.

All the best to the Augusters out there.

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, what awful timing. As you say though you have your health and beautiful children so you will get through this.

I'm 36.2 weeks today, I have loved every minute of this pregnancy but an really looking forward to meeting my little one. I'm in a dilemma at the moment though in regards to mode of delivery. My last was born at 38.2 weeks with mild shoulder dystocia (he weighed 8lb 1Oz) so I was advised by my OB at the time to be induced at 38 weeks this time to avoid a larger baby. Problem is, this baby has measured large ever since my 29 week scan and at 36 weeks already weighs 3.4kg so I'm being strongly advised to consider a c section. Luckily I have a few days to decide as I'm so unsure on which way to go. If I'm induced there is a risk this baby will have shoulder dystocia and get stuck too but if I have a c section there is risks to me etc.

Other than that, we are completely ready for this little ones arrival.

Best of luck to you all and I hope to hear your wonderful news in the next few weeks.

#41 ms-marti

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

lakurumau - that's got be some tough news to cope with and at this stage of pregnancy. Guess it's a reminder to us all that one just does not know what's around the corner.  bbighug.gif
I think that your positive attitute will get through this.

twilightangel - that's a tough one. I think you are doing the right thing and thinking it over, I suppose would planning to have any more kids in the future be a factor in your decision? I will be having a growth scan before this one is due as a result of the gestational diabetes diagnosis so guess will definitely be at least facing an induction if this baby decided to hang back till after due date like my DD did, this time though I won't be allowed to go over wacko.gif but I suppose having had an induction would not be worried about that, the shoulder dystocia would certainly give me pause for thought.
How did your DS recover from the shoulder dystocia?

Other than that, we are completely ready for this little ones arrival.

I'm impressed we suck  sad.gif have next to nothing ready for the bubs I'm in denial that he might come early due to the GD associated risks and his bedroom to be is still existing as our current kitchen

and this is the extention in the making
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd461/...o/Extention.jpg
that will allow us to move the kitchen and make that into the babies bedroom. OK it's a little further along then the pic, like the walls just got an undercoat, still need ceilings to be finished, doors and windows to be intalled . . . suffice to say we are NOT READY for the bubs to come too soon  hands.gif

Still we have a roof over our heads and the baby will if needed sleep in the bassinette in our walk in wardrobe, might not be perfcet but I will settle for a healthy baby and mum biggrin.gif at the end of this journey and well the house it's going to get there eventually.

Edited as unable to add pic it seems  rolleyes.gif

Edited by Freckles, 23 July 2012 - 08:05 PM.
To remove oversized link

#42 lace

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Thanks ms-marti and twilight angel. Although an official announcement is still yet to be made, there's now a stronger likelihood that DP will take a paycut and not be made redundant. Fingers crossed! Less income is better than no income!

All the best with your decision twilight angel. When do you have to make your decision regarding CS by?

Ms-marti - how exciting to be getting an extension put in! Even if it's currently a little al fresco in its current state! We're pretty ready here - have just about converted my study into the new bub bedroom, but it could do with a lick of paint - it's currently an uneven yellow colour. Although I'm sure the baby won't notice...

Had my 34 week check-up today. Baby is still high up but less mobile (slowly starting to descend), head down. Restless legs have started to strike in the evenings/nights - doc told me to stay hydrated, walk during the day, and drink tonic water or camomile tea. Will be giving all of that a go as I was still awake at 2am last night and then DD was up and about at 6:30am, raring to get the day started!

Nice to see this forum getting a little busier!

#43 ms-marti

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

lakurumau - That's tentatively great news about the pay cut versus redundancy and I suppose this at least gives him a chance to look for a better paying job if he so wishes.

I think that this being my second child definitely leaves less time to rest, though I have to give my DH points he at least tries to give me one afternoon over the weekend where he takes her to his parents for a few hours and I rest cool.gif or do housework whichever gets me more relaxed  rolleyes.gif seems silly but not sure if this is the start of nesting but keeping the house clean is becoming at time manic for me  unsure.gif could just be the extra stuff we have everywhere due to the extension being built.

I will take a more updated pic as it's a little less al fresco looking now but still way to go before it's habitable.

Restless legs - I have not had that personally but have noticed that this time I am getting some cramps especially in the mornings when I wake up and stretch, wonder if it's just dehydration but have also read that GD can do that  blink.gif might need to up my tonic water intake which I thankfully love.

#44 Lilolil

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hello all,
I am nearly 35 weeks pregnant at them moment and feeling a bit blue. I am almost ready for baby to come, am I looking forward to it?? No, not really,  know what is coming with sleepless nights, it will be good in a year or so though. My partner drinks too much every day to be able to drive me to the hospital if I go into labour early so I am worried that I will be driivng myself the half hour to hospital whilst in labour, just feeling a bit worried.

#45 ms-marti

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Lilolil - hhugs.gif not too great in this area as I have been blessed with a supportive partner however can totally associate with the fears of the baby coming too soon and having to get to the hospital on my own or via ambulance as we have a 2 year old at home. I sort of think fear is a general stand by mode for a lot of women it's like a coping method for some of us  wacko.gif you know expect the worst then you won't be disappointed  blush.gif

Not wishing to pry but why do you think he drinks too much?

#46 lace

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Pity that your partner drinks too much, Lilolil, as it's definitely not a good idea to be driving yourself to the hospital in labour. Sorry you're feeling blue - it would bother me too.

I became an Ambulance VIC member yesterday, when it occurred to me there might not be anyone close enough to get me to hospital on time, when the time comes! Although hubby will probably be home as it looks like he's losing his job after all.. sad.gif

I taught my four-year-old how to dial 000 this morning and ask for ambulance and give our address. Figured every little bit of prep will help...plus it's a rainy day and we were looking for something to entertain ourselves with!

Really looking forward to not sharing my body with this baby anymore! I'm a different person when I'm not pregnant.

#47 ms-marti

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

lakurumau - Oh no that's horrible news about your DH's job hhugs.gif
What are his chances of getting another one looking like?

I think this just reminds me to have my mobile on me at all times as one never know when an ambulance might need to be called and I'm reminded that my 2 year old DD is too little to manage dialling wwhistle.gif

Really looking forward to not sharing my body with this baby anymore! I'm a different person when I'm not pregnant.

I go between convincing the baby that it's too soon to see the light ffear.gif to hmmm maybe an exit strategy would be fine after from about 10th of August - it's after my sister's birthday and by then I hope to have the floorboards in the house polished and I can actually feel it will be more liveable ddoh.gif I know what silly reasons but then I figure hey they are logical to me as to get them polished means moving all the furniture out and all of us out to my parents house and I just think a baby in the mix would make things a little more oomg.gif

#48 twilightangel

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (ms-marti @ 06/07/2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
twilightangel - that's a tough one. I think you are doing the right thing and thinking it over, I suppose would planning to have any more kids in the future be a factor in your decision? I will be having a growth scan before this one is due as a result of the gestational diabetes diagnosis so guess will definitely be at least facing an induction if this baby decided to hang back till after due date like my DD did, this time though I won't be allowed to go over wacko.gif but I suppose having had an induction would not be worried about that, the shoulder dystocia would certainly give me pause for thought.
How did your DS recover from the shoulder dystocia?

Yeah I am hoping to have one more baby in the future so that is factoring into my decisions too. My growth scan showed that at 36 weeks bubba weighed approximately 3.4kg. DS2 who had the shoulder dystocia was 3.6kg born so this baby will be a similar weight at 38 weeks. The consultant I saw Friday was lovely, he believes I can do it and that DS2's case was mild so this one should be too if bubs does get stuck. Lets hope he is right.

My son had no issues what so ever, as soon as they realised his shoulders were stuck they pushed my knees back to my chest, known as the mcroberts maneuvers and he was delivered.

I've chose to be induced, I seriously hope it is the right decision and that both bubs and I are healthy and well at the end of the delivery which is very soon. I'm getting rather nervous about it but excited too.

Edited by twilightangel, 13 July 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#49 FeralAlpacaWarrior

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hi everyone,

Wow it's quiet in here, but nice to see some of us are still around. I've had a shocking run with illnesses since DH got back from Vegas in late May- colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, fractured ribs, flu, and now finally feeling a bit better.

Baby has decided to get in to breakdancing, rolling around and wriggling like crazy, I'm actually looking forward to it getting bigger so there's only enough room to kick! I'm pretty sure it's starting to burrow down a bit, which feels weird but is exciting. In the beginning of this pregnancy, I was just looking forward to it all being over, but now that we are 99.99% sure this is our last baby, I'm starting to see the good side to pregnancy and enjoy it. My rheumatoid arthritis has remained under control (just) with steroids and panadol/panadeine/panadeine forte, but the autoimmune part of the illness is what's doing the damage. I come down with every illness going around, and generally in a more severe manner. We're finding it hard to cope with the illnesses and a 2.5yo toddler, so we're pretty sure going through pregnancy again but with 2 kids would not be a good idea.

So I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I will only have 2 kids, not the 3 or 4 I always wanted. It makes me a bit sad, thinking this is my last pregnancy, it will be my last labour, my last newborn, and the last baby I breastfeed. And also because it's only my 2nd baby, I feel like I'm finishing before I've barely started  sad.gif  

The midwives have agreed with my OB and left my due date at 28th August, even though both scans say 21st. DD arrived according to her scan date, which was a week before her official due date, so I still think- and hope- this one will arrive around the 21st, otherwise I will be huge! I tend to breed my babies in huge amounts of amniotic fluid, they like to swim  biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is doing well, not long to go now ladies! We should have some August babies arriving soon, how exciting!

Edited by lovealpacas, 13 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#50 BusyBee01

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hi all,
Thought I'd drop back in to say hello. 36 weeks down, potentially 4 to go. My bubs usually come late, but having lots of bh for the past 4 weeks & now lower back & cramps pains too. Obviously something is going on, just depends on how longit goes on for I guess! One week left of work, so as long as I make it through that, I'm not fussed.
Have been washing all bubs clothes & slowly putting stuff in a bag for hospital. No nursery for this ne, so nothing to decorate or set up, just a bassinet in our room for starters. I'll work the rest out as I go. Planning an extension, but that won't be til next year at the earliest. My bubs tend to be small so no issues for at least the first 4-6 months.
The fb group is very active, 2 bubs have arrived so far & 2 more due next week. Pop over if you get a chance & meet everyone. There have been catch ups in Most capital cities as well, which has been lovely.
Hope everything is going well for you ladies in here. I will try & pop back in more regularly once I finish work. Up late tonight with a sick child....... The joys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.