Due in Aug 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#51 lace

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm cramping plenty too! Exciting.

Anybody else super-clumsy now? At the moment I often go to give my daughter a kiss and my belly gets there first and knocks her backwards. She's getting bumped all the time and I'm apologising throughout the day...

Re: hubby's work situation, his industry is definitely slowing up, as far as we can tell, so new job opportunities aren't plentiful. We will just have to ride this period out as best we can. If it's looking really bad, I'll be getting ready to look for work soon after this baby's born. I'm steeling myself for that now.

#52 PetiteM

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi,

I'm 35 weeks, due mid August.  I've been here on and off a few times, but have never joined.  Now I'm on maternity leave, I'm keen for company!  I see there is a lot of chat on Facebook.  Could someone give me the link?

Thanks!

#53 destinedtobemumto4

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Add me to Facebook and I'll add you to the group.  Kerrie Letelemaana

#54 PetiteM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (destinedtobemumto4 @ 16/07/2012, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Add me to Facebook and I'll add you to the group.  Kerrie Letelemaana

Thanks very much!  Michelle

#55 twilightangel

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Just letting you all know that I delivered a healthy baby boy at 12.37pm today. He weighed 3.73kg (8lb 3oz), head was 37cm and he was 51cm long. Another quick labour although he showed signs of distress and as they were getting ready to take me to theatre he crowned so in the end I got to deliver him naturally. No shoulder dystocia issues as far as I'm aware too which is great considering he is bigger than my last boy who had shoulder dystocia.

#56 magicalsurprise

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

awwww big congratulations twilightangel!

#57 lace

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Congratulations twilightangel! Fantastic news about your labour and birth too.

#58 Lumikki

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Congratulations Twilightangel!!  biggrin.gif

#59 twilightangel

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thank you girls. I am so in love with my little man, he is so quiet and content.

The older kids love him too, although DS2 is a little unsure. DD1 was a bit disappointed for a while yesterday cause she thought she was getting a sister but seems to have accepted her brother today.

We have named our little man Keilan Hunter ...

Edited by twilightangel, 18 July 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#60 CCABW

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Congratulations twilightangel!

You know it's getting close when members of your DIG start delivering!!!

Hope everyone is well!  I am feeling huge and tired, but that's par for the course in late pregnancy, I guess!

#61 ms-marti

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

A giant congratulations twilightangel!

You know it's getting close when members of your DIG start delivering!!!
  unsure.gif Yikes making it much too real.

That reminds me:
  1. Get the bassinette out of the roof storage and start washing some sheets  rolleyes.gif clearly super prepared this time - NOT!!!
  2. Join the Facebook page before I give birth  blush.gif
  3. Pack my bags for the hospital just in case (cause my sister us due before me I'm a little blasé with my due date presuming she will have the bubs before me and I get to play aunty before being mummy again but I suppose technically I could go first  ohmy.gif

#62 lace

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

So very ready now...I just want this baby out.

Prelabour appears to have started here - about the same time as last time, from memory, so I reckon I've still got a few more weeks to go. 36 weeks tomorrow.

#63 BusyBee01

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Big Congratulations Twighlight Angel!

Nice to see some babies coming into the world. It is getting very exciting.

How funny ms marti - what it takes to spur us into action! I have already packed my bags when a cople of girls went at just over 36 weeks even though mine are always on time or over.
Finished work yesterday, just relaxed today. Boredom will surely set in over the coming weeks pre baby as I have pretty much done what I need to. Might have to start some craft projects......

Hope everyone is well & more healthy babies keep coming!

#64 ms-marti

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Just thought I would share  biggrin.gif

#65 x-x-Lynda-x-x

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hi everyone,
My name is Lynda and Im due 30th August and have just started maternity leave and am looking to be able to chat with mums experiencing the same as myself. We live in Melbourne. I am married to a great guy even if he is driving me crazy at the moment which I am sure is my hormones going crazy lol This is our 4th baby (a very nice surprise). I have noticed  there is a Facebook group. Could someone please let me know how to find this group.

Hope everyone is doing well :-)

#66 lace

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Ms-marti - awwww

Welcome, Lynda, joined the party just in time  happy.gif  I'm not on facebook, so can't help you there.

Had my hospital appt this morning. Happy to report I'm measuring bigger than when my first child was born (she ended up being induced at 39 weeks as they thought she had growth retardation - she didn't), and this baby has now engaged in perfect position, which I got ridiculously excited about.

Light at the end of the tunnel! 37 weeks on Friday.

Hope everyone's doing well.

#67 ms-marti

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

x-x-Lynda-x-x have a look at this one and it will show you how to join the Facebook page:
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=986368

lakurumau Woo Hoo on being engaged well - biggrin.gif - not silly at all in my opinion - I find that it's amazing what can get me exited at the moment. 37 weeks  wink.gif anytime now then.

#68 magicalsurprise

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hope you are all well! How is everything going twilightangel?

Our little man arrived on Monday 23/7 in a hurry. Jasper Cole John, 3994g, (8p13oz) and 53cm. Sooo in love with him!

#69 twilightangel

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Congrats magical surprise!

Welcome to the world baby Jasper.

I love his name. I had Jasper in my top 3 but could not get DH to agree.

I am doing really well thanks. Loving my little man so so much. I'm also surprised at the fact I am able to breastfeed him. I haven't been able to feed the other 4 due to no supply or them just not wanting it etc but with Keilan we discharged from hospital bottle feeding and me not expecting any milk to come in but was very shocked to wake the next morning engorged and in pain. We attempted a feed to relieve my pain and then spoke to the home midwife when she visited later that day and she said we were both naturals together and to keep it up so I have :-) Keilan is finally finding his sleep pattern which is great as I'm finally getting some sleep. Otherwise he is such an easy baby and I'm loving being his mum.

How's life going with Jasper?

#70 CCABW

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (magicalsurprise @ 28/07/2012, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope you are all well! How is everything going twilightangel?

Our little man arrived on Monday 23/7 in a hurry. Jasper Cole John, 3994g, (8p13oz) and 53cm. Sooo in love with him!

Congratulations magical surprise! Love the name!  I wanted Jasper on my list too but hubby wouldn't agree.  Hope all is going well.

37 weeks for me this week.  Feeling achy and tired and am looking forward to meeting our little person!

#71 magicalsurprise

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

awww that is great news that your able to breastfeed him twilightangel! How are the other kids liking their new brother?

We're going great at the moment! 1 week old today and we're 60g above birth weight. original.gif He is very peaceful (its a nice change compared to the chaos the others create lol

Not long to go CCABW!

#72 Kay1

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

I don't know if anyone remembers me - haven't been on here for ages and never joined the FB group but I am going in for a c-section on Monday. Very exciting and rather daunting as well as this is the first time I'm having an elective. I have been making the most of the last weeks of pregnancy as this will be our last babe, but I am definitely feeling ready now as sleeping is getting really hard (although not as hard as it is with a newborn LOL!).

I am feeling pretty organised and we are all looking forward to meeting this little guy. I hope everyone is travelling well and welcoming healthy babies!! original.gif

#73 twilightangel

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Magical surprise - Thanks, I'm really happy I can feed him too. The other kids have adjusted well. DS1 just adores his brother and is a huge help. DD1 seems to have finally gotten over the fact that he is not a little girl and now asks if she can cuddle him which I think is sweet. DD2 was always going to mother him, she's just got that personality and DS2 has handled it better than I expected as I thought he would be the one to get jealous being he is such a mummy's boy.

How have your kids adjusted? Well done on the weight gain too. Keilan was weighed at 6 days old and was still 110g under discharge weight.

Kay - Of course I remember you. All the best for Monday. How exciting that its only 2 sleeps and you will be meeting your little man. All the best and I look forward to hearing about his safe arrival.

#74 bubba13

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I also thought i would pop in and say hi, have been very slack with not posting for months!! Monday must be the day for babies, im being induced on Monday. Very excited but also very anxious. My due dates not till the 10th but i have had enough of this pregnancy, so sore and feel better knowing i can organise everything for 13 month DS before going into hospital. Had my OB appointment yesterday and im already 3cm and ripe and ready to go so i feel good knowing that this baby is getting ready anyway.  With DS i was induced 9 days late and i wasnt even 1cm but still had a great labour, hoping for another good one and possibly quicker??!!

Everything is ready otherwise, trying to get my head around how i will manage with 2 but just have to stay positive i think, cant go back now!

All the best everyone and congratulations on those who have already had bubs!! So exciting..

#75 lace

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Ahhhh, so envious of those who know they'll be holding their bubs on Monday! Hope it goes very well for you two.

Me, I'm 38 weeks now and going okay. Unfortunately my hubby was officially made redundant yesterday.  sad.gif

Keeping our spirits up though.

All the best to the Augusters out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.