Due In Sept 2012 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#26 lisa83

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

Fabulous News Everyone, both twins of whom we have dubbed "Bubble and Squeek" are healthy as can be. Twin 2 had a strong and regular HR averaging about 130 and twin 1 about 140. I couldnt help but hold my breath and close my eyes the instant the ultra sound started but quickly had a glance to see everything is ok!!!! OMG what a relief!!!! Estimated weights only have about a 30grm difference also so very reassuring. Thankyou everyone for all the well wishes  bbighug.gif

Rach 42 - Congrats, My partner and i were talking about getting married before the babies are here but it kind of got thrown on the back burner since finding iut we are having twins. We will most likely be doing the same after they are born as we have both been married before also. A G/F told me a few moths ago her brother was married in a registery office and they had about 20 people there and the all had drinks and lunch at a local cafe\restaraunt after which i thought sounds nice.

Giltine - Ditto on the heartburn. I woke up in the wee hours of this morning busting to go to the bathroom and thirsty. I had a few sips of water layed down and WOW....i was so comfortable i tried to get back to sleep but i couldnt so rummaged around in the dark for my Rennies and back to sleep. I think i will be asking for somthing else next visit.

Its been a roller coaster of a week, we picked up our brand new car, a Dodge Journey about a month ago and it was sooooo nice to drive a new car and see it parked in the driveway. Its very simmilar to a Jeep cherokee and it has 7 seats so we will all fit in one car when the twins arrive. Well yesterday my partner was leaving at the same time as me for work and BANG he backed into me....our poor new car. He feels horrible and guilty as ever, as much as i could have yelled and screamed i just gave him a hug, poor guy it beating himself up big time over it but at the end of the day its only a car and luck it wasnt one of us or a pedestrian.
I finally put my pram on layby today which was good, mum and my SIL are planning my baby shower and some people want to put money on my layby which will be a huge help so the layby info will be in the invites like a gift registery thing i think.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

#27 Rach42

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

lisa83 That is wonderful news - it is such a relief to see that baby is doing well and is healthy in there and I guess with twins the relief is ... well... double!  Thanks for the congrats too - I also think a small wedding with a nice meal afterwards will be nice this time original.gif  

And your poor DP sad.gif  I know how stupid I feel after doing something like that.  Actually I did something like that with my brand new car a few years ago.  I left my handbreak off when getting the mail and it backed down the driveway into a tree and because I'd left the door open it got bent right back.  Fortunately no one was in the car and it wasn't headed towards the road but I was kicking myself for weeks.

#28 MKTWINS

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi Ladies,

We had our 20 week scan yesterday and all is well! And we are on TEAM PINK! Yay! My babies (twins girls aged 3 and daddy do not want to know the sex, so I need to keep it quiet for the next 20 weeks...!)

I have a name picked out.... Anyone else have a name ready....?

I've been feeling kicks every now and again but it was very re-assuring at the scan - she would not be still! I have anterior placenta so it's difficult to feel her move much... So in love with my new little girl!

My anti-bodies are low too. I'm rh- so have to be monitored closely and have bloods done every month at this stage... (I'm terrible with needles!)

Apart from that it all seems to be going well....

Congrats to all the ladies who have had their 20 week scans. Congrats to all the twin mummies out there!

#29 GamerMum

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

ejfingerscrossed - I have a doctors appointment Monday morning and I will suggest Zantac to him. The pharmacy doesn't have it (small pharmacy, only stocks what the doctors order in, or the tiny hospital needs) so I'm going to see if he can order it in for me.

Rach42 - Congratualtions on the shotgun wedding!

MKTWINS - We have a name! Hooray!

My blood pressure seems to have settled itself down over the last few weeks due to the cold weather that's coming in, so I don't have hot flushes any more and my dizzyness is rare, which is wonderful. I still overheat at night occasionally, but I wake up 10 times a night any way so it's not a major inconvenience.

As for new cars.. I'm beginning to feel that they are more trouble than they are worth! With me not working the car payments are our most expensive bill, not to mention the damage DF did to it on a curb (it's an incredibly low car), and the tyre I killed on a pot hole.. it's all too hard! But worth it in the end. DF has agreed for me to buy my Dad's girlfriends old Commodore so I'll have a not so new car to drive around town in, so we do less damage to the new one. With all unsealed, dirt roads here the new car is struggling!

I hope you are all having a good week, enjoying the babies moving around!

Edited by Giltine, 05 May 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#30 louiseos

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (MKTWINS @ 05/05/2012, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a name picked out.... Anyone else have a name ready....?

I've been feeling kicks every now and again but it was very re-assuring at the scan - she would not be still! I have anterior placenta so it's difficult to feel her move much... So in love with my new little girl!

I've got a list of names that I add to when I hear of a name I like . . . it's starting to get long, but I know DH and I will cut it down in no time as we both only like a few!!

I'm not sure if we should have one picked out beforehand, or wait until we meet her . . . More decisions to make!! biggrin.gif

I too have an anterior placenta, so I know exactly how you feel. A girlfriend of mine is due around the same time as me and she describes her belly like it's got an octopus in there as she fees so many kicks. Makes me envious at times that I don't feel the same amount, but it just means when I do feel her move, they are so much more precious and special.

Great to hear things are going well for all . . . I was a little concerned to reading about 'leaking' happening already . . . hehe . . . hasn't happened here yet, but I guess it's good to be aware of these things. I would die if I was walking around the office oblivious to the fact my boobs were leaking! Tounge1.gif

#31 Rach42

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Giltine @ 05/05/2012, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rach42 - Congratualtions on the shotgun wedding!

Thanks - it's a bit of joke because we are both in our 40s, on our second marriages and have been engaged for 2 years.  DP just likes the idea of my dad standing there with a shotgun saying "you gotta marry my girl now you got her pregnant" laughing2.gif

We had no idea on girls names - we had a boys name picked out as I find boys names easier to come up with.  We now have a girls name that we both like (not saying yet as we may change our minds of course) that is nice and girly so no doubt she will turn out to be a tomboy like her mum rolleyes.gif

My hips and pelvis are starting to hurt - I guess I need to start walking a bit more rather than sitting around all the time.  I had to go to chiro with my last pregnancies and was hoping to avoid it this time.

#32 sg290780

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hi Everyone

RAch42 You are so simular to us, I have 2 girls that my partner is the stepdad of and now we are due with a boy! I had to have three US to believe it. We are engaged and contemplated the shot gun wedding as we want a very intimate ceremony but I decided I wanted our son to be part of it. Big Congrats!!

MKTWINS we ahve a name and have done for a long time - i get a bit freaked out even early on if we ahvent agreed on boy & girl name. lucky for me and my partner it was easy.

camizebra I totally understand what you say about raising a boy... I raised my sisters 15 and17 years younger than me. I grew up without a dad in the picture till my stepdad - and then I ahve 2 daughters!! Excited but still in shock. They are definately different little bundles of joy!

Bit boring atm but feeling lots of moevement and having terrible back and hip pain. plus i look small so everyone tells me. whatever... our baby boy is the perfect size so he is just hiding original.gif

Desperate to get my stroller and think I may order it from the states... has anyone done this??

have fun xxx

#33 Rach42

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Thanks sg290780 original.gif

I have updated my due date to 29th September as that was my due date by my first dating scan (8 weeks).  At my 12 weeks scan she said that my due date was updated to 23rd Septemeber but the hospital has gone back to using the 29th.  I am assuming that bub won't arrive on either of those days though!

#34 heliwifeBecG

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

had our 20wk scan on Thursday last week and glad to report that there is a little princess on her way to us! biggrin.gif

I didnt' want to know, but hubby couldn't attend and was adamant that he wanted to know so got it written down for him and I couldnt help myself...curiosity got the better of me! He wouldn't have been able to not tell me anyway.  

There are little ladies all around for us. my sister is law is 2 wks ahead of me and is having a girl and so are our best friends who are 2 wks behind me.

I am glad that I found out as we can plan and I have been buying some gorgeous little outfits and cant wait to dress my little Grace Louise up.

MKTWINS - Have always said that if I had a daughter that she would be a Grace. My middle name is Louise and hubbies is Lou so giving her Louise and can be shortened to Lou anyway - the family is already calling her Gracey Lou. original.gif

I was quite worried about the size of bubs head heading into the U/S as hubby has quite a large noggin on him, but her head is normal measurements for our dates...the only thing that said I was almost 2wks later was the length of the legs. Daddy is very tall so hopefully its a good sign that she will take after daddy in the height department. Im a short a*se and a small frame so they said that they can check the size again closer to due date and go from there.

Hope all is going well for everyone else and congrats on the sex of the babies - seems there is so much pink coming into the world in September!

#35 GamerMum

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hello all!

Had another doctors appointment yesterday, he was really nice but admittedly clueless about pregnancy. But he took my blood pressure for me, it's still low, but holding steady so he said there was nothing to worry about. He was more interested in how people in my town go about having babies with no facilities here! He was fascinated by the fact that I have to leave town a month early and go to a town I barely know, but that's they way it is!

I booked my 3d/4d whatever it's called scan today. 25th of June! The day after my birthday! We have to go all the way to Adelaide to get it done, but I want it so I'll deal with a day of travelling on my birthday. I'm so excited!

I also re enrolled for Uni today, so that'll keep me busy while I'm at home getting fatter and boreder for the next few months. original.gif

Edited by Giltine, 08 May 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#36 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

Yay Gilitine on re-enrolling in uni. My sister got accepted for her RN conversion (she is an EN currently) today and I'm so proud of her. She has come such along way from where she was in her life so I'm just so over the moon for her.

All going along swimmingly at the moment - apart from headache, backache and hip pain. Had the second part of my scan and this time baby was much more co-operative and we got all measurements need. She did have her legs tightly closed so we couldn't see the sex again. Glad I went for 3d scan in between as it would have driven me crazy. My mum wants to go to another 3d scan when bub is a bit more plump (maybe around 30ish weeks on her birthday I was thinking) I'd also like to take DS, neice and nephew too as they keep asking about the baby.

Absolutely no where near to deciding on a name.

#37 heliwifeBecG

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

#38 jodiecorinne

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hello ladies
So nice to see everyone is going along well, having scans and getting to find out if they're having bundles of blue or pink.  I was wondering for the people who do know what they're having are you telling everyone? We havent told anyone and i sometimes feel like im being selfish or something for not telling.

#39 deedee70

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

jodiecorinne....do people know that you know? Seriously it's no-ones business but yours, if you hadn't found out you couldn't tell them, just because you have doesn't mean that you have to share!! I for one, don't think you're being selfish at all! :-)

Congrats to everyone who's found out the sex of their bubs!

As this is our last baby we've decided to go crazy and get a 3D scan at about 28 weeks, especially as I've been assured that we can still keep the sex a surprise! We saw a bit of 3D at our NT scan but that was when baby looked like a jelly baby! lol

Getting lots of lovely 'kicks' of course they could be punches!!

Sorry for being too slack to really do personals...

Hope everyone is feeling great  biggrin.gif

#40 *littlemiracles*

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hello all - just a quick update as I am "listening" to online training for work LOL.

We had our scan on Tuesday and Dr's visit and all looks great with our bub. SHE is measuring spot on for Due date and was very active for us during the scan. We got 3D/4D as well which was just amazing - never had that opportunity with DD. DD is extremely excited to be having a little sister and got to feel baby kicking or punching the other night.

I am now getting ready to get all our little girl stuff out and sort through it :-)

On a horrible pregnancy note - heart burn is shocking this week!!!! NO matter what I eat it hits in early arvo and night times but thankfully settles down before bed!!!! Having a bit of trouble getting comfy in bed - don't remember it being this early last time around. I have a small pillow on each side but am off to baby store this weekend to check out maternity pillows. I refuse to spend a small fortune though - I just can't justify that. Whilst there am thinking it may be a nice time to have a look at some prams too - yay!!!!

As for names - well DD has been throwing them at us - I have a little list but we won't decide until bub is born. Middle name though is done!!! We told people the sex if they wanted to know. but names and date (when booked) will not be disclosed!!! That is our surprise :-)

Hope to come back in over weeeknd and catch up a little more. Hope all is well with everyone xx

#41 Catirving

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hello ladies,

I had to share this bit of eye-watering news: my boss' step-daughter yesterday gave birth to a baby weighing over 5kg - somewhere over 13lbs in the old money! Of course she had a C-section - wouldn't you? Yikes!

I feel huge, and although I know perfectly well there is a lot of growing to go, I find it hard to believe that I can possibly stretch further. Finally people feel comfortable with asking about the pregnancy without the risk of making a terrible faux pas. All in all I feel well, but have back pain on one side with a bit of sciatica.

We've now got a new cot on the way, a $20 baby capsule, a $10 change table, an Amby hammock, a sling and a soft bassinet. Almost everything except the pram, which I'm bidding on on eBay. All I need now is the baby!

Bring it on!

#42 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Jodiecorrine - totally up to you if you tell or not! I told all my family friends and Facebook that I was pregnant, but only tell people it's a boy if they ask me! My mum is mortified that I've told people.... She thinks it should be a surprise! I told her when she has her next baby she can keep the gender a surprise... Sinces she's 62 we might not be seeing a baby from her any time soon!Littlemiracles - I'm massive too and have acid and discomfort sleeping I bought a great preggy pillow it was 90 bucks but can also be used as a nursing pillow so I thought it was ok since it will get a fair bit of use! I use Zantac for the acid and it take a while to work but lasts for 11hrs!
AFM not much to report, my little buddy I squirming around like Crazy all day but is very considerate and stays nice a still at bedtime, yesterday I went to the dentist for a checkup because I thought I should go sooner rather than later and the minute the dentist put the cleaning drill in my mouth he went absolutely bezerk! So I already have a dentist hater on my hands!I hope everyone is doing well out there and feeling good and happy mothers day to all the mums and mums to be out there!

#43 sg290780

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hi everyone,

we know the sex and we are telling - only because my gorgfeous fiancee cant keep a secret - he is so excited!! This is the man who the day we did a preganancy test told 9 of his closest friends - not realising about the chance of miscarriage and waiting till 12 weeks etc. He also thought it was ok becasue he only said "we may be pregnant the - the line showed on the stick"

Bless him wink.gif

Any way need some help/advice - Yesterday I had alot of tummy pain - twinges - I think maybe Braxton Hicks? is ti too early for this? I never had them with my girls - I was induced and only then went into full blown labour. Then last night it was still happening and then I was violently ill sad.gif

I know you arent doctors but could the pains have been a stomach bug? is it too early for braxton hicks?

PS I am a bit excited I may actually go into labour myself with this one... but I would like to get over 30 weeks!

Super Happy Mothers day to everyone!!

#44 babyandmother

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (sg290780 @ 11/05/2012, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any way need some help/advice - Yesterday I had alot of tummy pain - twinges - I think maybe Braxton Hicks? is ti too early for this? I never had them with my girls - I was induced and only then went into full blown labour. Then last night it was still happening and then I was violently ill sad.gif

I know you arent doctors but could the pains have been a stomach bug? is it too early for braxton hicks?

PS I am a bit excited I may actually go into labour myself with this one... but I would like to get over 30 weeks!

Super Happy Mothers day to everyone!!

Hi, it's not too early for BH's at all. I'm already getting them. I also have a friend who had BH's this early for all her kids. It's not strange at all. But still go and get checked if you are concerned about it.
I just know that some people are prone to BH's more than other people. I for one have them very bad, where as others don't feel anything.

#45 Rach42

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

sg290780 Apparently Braxton Hicks contractions happen all the way through pregnancy but you don't usually feel them until later (or as you said not at all).  I've felt some every now and then.  If you are still having tummy pains today then I'd suggest going along to the dr just to check what it is incase it's a tummy bug or something.

AFM I'm feeling pretty big but I know there's alot of growing to do yet!  I'm finding getting up and down a bit of a struggle already.  I seem to have a bit more energy at the moment so am using the oportunity to try and get a few things organised.  I've started to stock up on bunny rugs, wondersuits or whatever you call them, singlets, nappies and wipes (using cloth).  We have a bassinette that I found second hand, my ex mil has our cot so I'm getting that back, and my parents are going to buy us a stroller.  I just have to choose which one!

#46 McBaby's Mum

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I’ve been a bit quite lately, flat out with work and uni. My last assignment is due this Monday and then 3 weeks till exams then all over! Yay!

I saw my OBGYN’S offsider last fortnight for my 20 week ultrasound results. Unfortunately there was a mix up, and my DH and I waited almost 2 hours for nothing.  However the idiot GP-OB latter rang me at work and told me he finally got the results faxed from the ultrasound clinic, and unfortunately there were two gastric node abnormalities seen in bub’s abdomen wall.  I absolutely panicked, and he just told me that my regular GYOB’s would see me Monday to explain, and not to worry it wasn’t serious.  Well, of course I was worried, blamed myself for accidently having a frozen yogurt soft serve early on in my pregnancy without knowing I couldn’t eat it, and panicking about work stress that may have impacted on the baby. Stupidly, I went home balled my eyes out and ‘goggled’ echogenic abnormalities in an antenatal abdomen wall. All that came was thousands of pics of tiny little babies with their insides on their outside of their tiny stomachs. I tried calling my GYNOB’s to get some answers, with no reply. I bit the bullet and the next day booked into my GP and arranged for the ultrasound clinic to forward the results.  Two days later my wonderful regular GP told me there were 2 echogenic nodules abnormalities seen on the ultrasound on the gastric wall, and they could be two small cysts, that could go away before bubs born, or just the position of the baby and nothing to worry about.  I do have to have another scan in a few weeks to make sure all’s well. I was so relived.

Efingerscrossed & Rach42: I’m still struggling with names for a girl. My husband is so ridiculous with names for a girl. Anywhere we go or anything we see, i.e. ‘risotto’ he suggests is a great name for our girl. Or he’ll modify it, i.e. ‘riso’.  The latest favourite name for a girl on his behalf is ‘chevron’. I ‘goggled’ it and it come up as a military rank award/decoration. WTF???  What happened to Mia, Isabelle, or Indiana?

SAR333: I’m having a horrible night’s sleep, my hips ache and I have to constantly change sides. Being a girl who normally sleeps on my back I’m really struggling to get comfortable.  I’m also getting up several times to go to the loo which is frustrating.

Catiriving: I also feel huge. I constantly get asked, how long do you have now? Considering I’m only 23 weeks I say “too long”. Then people have comments such as ‘you are definitely having twins or you’ll go early! Things I really don’t want to hear. I feel like telling people, oh, not long, a few weeks. However I live in a small country town and they’d see me for the next 4 months and think I’m a world record holder for the longest ever pregnancy.

I’m almost jealous, most of you lovely ladies know the sex of your babies. I’ve decided not to know, but would love to know if I’m team blue or pink. Only 15 and a half weeks till we find out. I’m feeling so many kicks and movements now. Being a first timer, it’s truly amazing and I’ve never felt so maternal, blessed and connected to my little pocket rocket.  biggrin.gif

Sorry about my big rant, I’m procrastinating and avoiding this last assignment.   Good luck with all the ultra sound results and look after yourselves.  Lots of love, Bec xox

#47 GamerMum

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Just a quick update before I go to bed and try and get some sleep. Sleeping is horrible for me at the moment and I'm lucky if I can get an hour of constant sleep these days. My hips and back are killing me, and I'm getting what I think are Braxton Hicks. Being my first pregnancy I'm not positive but my research seems to point towards it.
I feel absolutely huge, but I know I'm really not. When I tell people I'm 24 weeks people just look at me like I'm stupid and say "Wow... she's going to be big!" Not helpful! Tounge1.gif

After looking for 18 months we have FINALLY found a new rental to move into, so this week will be hectic with packing and moving before DF goes back to work. The new house is tiny, which is what we want. Above ground as I don't like the idea of baby being underground (most houses are underground here and the ventilation and dust can get rather horrific at times) and as a huge yard which will be great for the dogs. It's also half the price of the place we are in now, so I can finally go a little nutty on the baby things like I want to. Tounge1.gif I'm kind of hoping being so busy will force my body into sleep mode Tounge1.gif I'm not counting on it though.

#48 Want_to_be_a_mummy

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

I am feeling huge too with people commenting "Wow, I was your size when I was 7 months pregnant". Great! I will be having a 3D scan in the next few weeks which I really look forward to. I have only just started feeling some flutters and Im 21 weeks! Hopefully bub starts to give me some good kicks soon!

#49 twins in the oven

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hi everyone!! Im just popping on quickly to tell you all we had our 20week scan and our twins are very healthy and active  biggrin.gif  and its a GIRL and a BOY!!! We are so very excited and happy to be adding a little princess to our clan of prince's biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#50 deedee70

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

twins in the oven....Wow! Congratulations..one of each that's fantastic news!! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.