Due In Sept 2012 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#51 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Twins in the oven - JACKPOT congratulations that's awesome!

#52 Future-self

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi everyone,
Sorry,  slacking off with personals, I'm in the middle of making a cake for my mum to take to lunch but just wanted to check in.

Does anyone else have an anterior placenta? I still don't feel any flutters or movement because of this and I have to admit, it's getting me down a bit  sad.gif

#53 tweetz

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hello everyone,

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted. Congrats to everyone on thier scans and finding out if their having a boys or girls.

We had our 20week scan and then appt with Dr at the hospital this week. Very relieved to find out all is well with the baby. Only concern is the placenta - posterior but low lying (2cm) so will be going for another scan at 34 weeks. Hopefully it will have moved upwards by then. Must admit I am happy to have another scan so we can see the baby. The hospital has also changed my due date, now 28th September. Very pleased I have been telling people I'm due late September.

And I can report we are having a BOY! I was expecting it to be a boy - since we had agreed on girls name but were having trouble with boys names. And like Camizebra, I was a little nervous about raising a boy.

Can't help with those who have high BP. My BP has gone up, but in my case its a good thing as I have low BP and since being pregnant it had actually dropped.

Jodiecarrine - I had wanted to keep our news to ourselves for a little while but inadvertently let it slip a couple of time in conversations at work. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for long. But it's your choice if you want to tell people or not.

Camizebra - we ordered our nursery furniture yesterday as I found a deal to good to miss. I suppose now I need to get my butt moving and sort out the room that is to become the nursery.

And finally, I have been feeling the baby move for the last couple of days smile1.gif

Hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day...or Mother-To-Be Day!

#54 deedee70

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (futureself @ 13/05/2012, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,
Sorry,  slacking off with personals, I'm in the middle of making a cake for my mum to take to lunch but just wanted to check in.

Does anyone else have an anterior placenta? I still don't feel any flutters or movement because of this and I have to admit, it's getting me down a bit  sad.gif

I had an anterior placenta with my last baby, it DOES dull the kicks etc early on but trust me in a very few weeks you will feel your bub! Don't feel too down ok!

#55 tinkster23

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Futureself- me! I've found that if I lay on my side I can sometimes feel more on the side of my uterus, obviously where the placenta isnt.  I'm still only getting mild movements, but know they will come.

Tweetz- congrats on your baby boy.  Don't fret about mothering a boy, in my experience its easy, boys love their mamas, even now, jack will get up and come and sit and snuggle in next to me, he lays and strokes my face, it's the sweetest thing! Totally different to my girl, who has always been all about her daddy. wub.gif

Twinsintheoven- congrats on the boy/girl news, one of each will at least make keeping track of them easy!

Giltine- I've just started to feel sore and sleeping is becoming harder. I'm planning to start prenatal aqua classes this week, it made a huge difference last time. I've had a few "getting big" there comments as well, but I keep reminding people it's baby #3 and I don't make little babies!

Ok, that's all I can see for now, hope everyone has a wonderful week.

#56 twins in the oven

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hi thanks ladies biggrin.gif My placenta's also sit on the front wall so I cant feel heaps of kicks eiher (from the outside) I can feel heaps inside though. Im also aware I will be very uncomfy in weeks to come with all the huge kicks but I just want my husband to feel then kick because he works away and will be away for 6-7week on the next swing sad.gif Its not usually that long away this one is a very long one and we need tthe $$ before our babies are born.
I hope everyone is doing great. Hope you all had a great Mothers Day xxxx

#57 Morti

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hi girls! original.gif  I haven't posted in ages, but I check in regularly just to see how everyone's getting along. original.gif

QUOTE (futureself @ 13/05/2012, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine is anterior and low... everytime I've been in for an ultrasound (my ob here in Spain does one with every visit... so at least every four weeks) I notice that my baby moves around A LOT, but I feel very little of it. (Last ultrasound I had done was at 23 weeks.)  Now that I'm 24 weeks I am feeling more, but still much less than I did with my other babies at the same stage.

Don't get down though, Futureself! original.gif  Pretty soon we'll be feeling them so strongly at times (especially when we're trying to sleep!) that we'll be wishing our bubbies would just give it a rest sometimes!! biggrin.gif

*hugs* to all!!!

Edited by Morti, 14 May 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#58 heliwifeBecG

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I too am lacking in the sleep department. Last night was the wrost. I got up 6 times and tossed and turned all night. Poor hubby is a mustering helicopter pilot so I feel so bad for him, as he needs all the rest he can get. He needs to be on the ball at all times! He won't want to come home soon, every time he does he gets horrible sleep.

My hips are really sore. it hurts to lie on my back and on either side so it takes me forever to try and fall asleep. have pillows either side of me but that still doesn't help.

I swear the little lady was having her own little dance party lastnight. So active all night...My tummy is getting really tight and feels like it could pop at any minute - but I still have SOOO much growing to go. Lastnight I could actually feel al ittle bum or head - it was so sweet. Movements are so much stronger and I have been woken up (whne I actually get to sleep) by her little kicks. Its such an amazing feeling - and hubby can feel them too now!

Twins in the oven - Congrats on the twinnies and getting one of each!

I have a question for everyone and feedback is appreciated - is it better (from experience) to go with a private doctor or to use the midwifes?

This is my 2nd pregnancy but 1st one where I have gone this far. I had to be induced at 18wks on the last pregnancy due to our little man having a very rare non survivable condition.

In my town, there is now only 1 private doctor that actually delivers...and although he is a pretty good doctor he is not very nice to get along with.

My concern is that if I need a doctor at delivery, I want to go private, and with him being the only one, I want to get a relationship built with him from now on so we get used of each other etc etc. I know that the midwives do pretty much all of the delivery anyway BUT if I need a doctor I want one with a good history for deliveries.

I went to the hospital last week for a midwives appointment and the midwife was so rude and I honestly felt like punching her! She will not be coming anywhere near me when I am in the labour ward thats for sure. There are alot of fantastic midwifes in our hospital but I just don't want any old willy nilly doctor from the hospital.

What is everyones thoughts? I am in two minds and some opinions from ladies that have been there and done that would be valuable.

Thanks in advance.

bec

#59 Rach42

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I haven't been to a private dr with either of my previous pregnancies so don't know what that is like but for my second pregnancy I was in the midwifery program at the hospital.  I really liked that as my appointments were all with a small group of midwives so I got to know them better than with my first pregnancy (missed out on the program) and they were all so supportive of my desire for a VBAC which I acheived.  For my first pregnancy I did shared care with my GP because I missed out on the midwifery program and I thought it would be easier than having to go to the hospital for each visit.  I ended up with an emergency C-section for that one and I'd never met the dr that performed that before but it didn't worry me so much.  I was reassured by my midwife that he was good and that was enough for me at the time!

I'm at a different hospital this time and I'm being seen by midwives for all my appointments again which I'm really happy about.  For me the midwives are probably more important for that support in the lead up rather than who does the actual delivery - I guess that since I have decided to trust the hospital for my care I trust their doctors as well.  But that's just me and obviously you need to make whatever choice you are most comfortable with.

#60 babyandmother

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi ladies

twins in the oven.. just wanted to say a huge congrats for one of each. That is amazing news.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope you have a great mothers day yesterday.

#61 BumpedUp

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hi Everyone

Im back from holidays and back at work today!

Have  tried to catch up on whats been happening, but way too many personals to catch up on this morning.

So hi to all!

23 wks now and have been feeling kicks for about 2 wks which has been a huge relief. I look like the size of a house, already put on 7 kgs!

Will try and post a bump pic later!

Congrats to all those that have found out what they are having!

Now that I am back, I need to get my a*se into gear and start buying the baby gear. Am heading to the baby expo this weekend, so I can make my final decision on some items and then its time to hit the shops and the spare room, need to make room for all the new furniture and get rid of all our old crap.

Hope everyone has a great day!

x

#62 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi Bumped Up,
I'm going to the expo too! I am a pharma rep and I ran into another rep who works for Avent (who do the bottles and sterilizers) and she said not to buy anything until I went to the expo because they do some really fantastic deals. She told me to go to the Baby shops and work out what I wanted and check prices and then go to the expo and negotiate the prices! So I am all ready to negotiate and if I can't get what I want, I can just pop to the shop with the best prices and order. I did get told that some of the big items like cots can take 12 weeks to get if they're not in stock, do I will order anything I can't get at the expo in the next couple of weeks so we have somewhere to put this little guy when he turns up!

#63 Sar333

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hello all!

I am heading to the expo on the weekend too original.gif I usually find things like that a bit overwhelming as I hate shopping but these things must be done! Am hoping to decide on a pram.... to go light and easy to fold or a heavier, well made, in line one that can have room for a second one added on when (if lucky) needed? Yikes.

McBaby's mum, a chevron is also a rippled sort of zigzag pattern in knitting patterns! Not sure about it for a name either!

Am looking big too but I think it's more obvious due to my (lack of) height!

Late happy mothers day everyone xox

#64 Future-self

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for the reassurance re. anterior placenta deedee70, tinkster23 & Morti. Hope we're feeling the kicks soon! I think I'm just javing a bad week emotion wise - check out Venting and Puff the Magic Dragon for proof of my current insanity!

BumpedUp & ejfingerscrossed: Ohhh a Baby expo that sounds fun! DH and I visited a  Baby shop the other weekend and played with Prams, assessed Bassinets and Carseat/capsules which was lots of fun but an Expo would be rather exciting!

We bought a Baby capsule - our first big purchase! I don't know why I'm so excited over a car seat but I am  original.gif  The Chicco key fit was our choice due to its 4 star safety rating with CREP but found them REALLY hard to get ATM, luckily I love online shopping and tracked one down. Apart from that, I've just bought some muslins, a couple of organic cotton wraps a few suits and 4 hats (I have a thing for hats it seems) unsure.gif  How's everyone else going with the shopping?

#65 tinkster23

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm trying not to shop!
I don't really need anything, and I've already bought some warm clothes (I've had 2 summer babies) but the big stuff is all done.

But please reassure me I'm not the only one with a nursery full of crap? Since we moved into this house in January, the spare room became the dumping grounds and I can barely get in there for all the boxes. bed parts, spare carpets, spare chairs etc

original.gif

#66 deedee70

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Mmmmm shopping!! That would be nice.....but we really don't need much!
Well, we'll need boy clothes if it's a blue one, I'm not a hoarder and as DS2 is now 4 1/2 I havent got any tiny blue things! Plenty of pink though!!
I have recently bought an Ergo carrier...absolutely LOVE it, our 19 month old DD loves going piggy-back style. So I will be getting a newborn insert for that! original.gif
tinkster23...we don't have a nursery, bub will be in with us for the first year, all our baby gear is stashed on top of wardrobes oh and DD is still in the cot!! Hmmmmm wink.gif

#67 Catirving

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hi there,

Just when I thought I was on the easy stretch, I have been having muscle spasms in my back and buttock - and it's really hard to walk with searing pain like electric bolts in your buttock! Luckily I'm working in a sit-down job all week, and hopefully this will give me the rest I need to get over this. I'm waddling for all the wrong reasons at the moment.

And I broke one of my molars, but am too chicken to have it checked out.

McBaby's mum, Chevron also used to be a brand of oil! Veto this name immediately!

My partner had his freak-out moment today when the cot arrived in a big truck, and joined the change table I picked up yesterday in the garage - despite the ultrasounds, big tummy and kicks, this was his "it's really happening" day. Like many of you, he is being kicked out of his room once we have our storage room converted into his office, so we have baby stuff stored all over the house. She will be sleeping in our room for about a year, 'though.

If any of you knit, or have a knitter handy, check out this adorable wrap I found - it is seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. http://www.spudandchloe.com/patterns/leaf-blanket-new/
Luckily work is slow, 'cause I'm online looking for the perfect yarn (and watching Masterchef - is that wrong?).

I'm jealous of those of you having twins - it's unlikely I'll get pregnant again, so this will probably be our one and only. Good luck and I hope the ride is fun!

Keep poaching those babies - not long to go now!

#68 Babies2012

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi Everyone

Its so good to hear all your stories just a quick post today.

We had our 23 week scan both babies are doing really well and weigh 600g each. We didnt find out what gender they are still keeping it a surprise but its so hard , i see so many cute things i could buy.

Think we have a bully on our hands already one twin had its butt and legs squashed into the other twins face poor little thing lol

We have starting buying all our big items so it all feels like its happening now.

Congrats to everyone who has found out if they are having a boy or a girl its so exciting.

Hope everyone has a great week biggrin.gif

#69 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

tinkster - Nope not the only one. I cleaned out our tip room aka the study aka the baby's room to be at about 18 weeks when I had some motivation but now we have decided the spare room is going to be the kids toy room. So the study has ended up with stuff stored back into it for the time being while we arrange, get rid of the bed and replace with sofa bed and just do a general clean up of both rooms so that we can have the stuff we need in the house stored properly. I'm hoping (but not really wanting because he is busy) that Dh will have some days off coming up with this rain.

I have a Dr's appt coming up this week. Not very exciting.

baby's movements can be felt outside of my belly now.

#70 sydneycitymum_

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hi Ladies,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Am starting to feel more kicks too, but placenta is right in front and Dr says probably 23 weeks will start to feel more.

Had a check up today and Dr had received 20 week scan results and was all normal. Says chance of Down Syndrome halves again now based on results.

Started looking at prams, anyone have any good advice? My sister recommends the icandy peach or pear...so will be checking it out.

I am normally a vegetarian and at the beginning of the pregnancy ate a steak for the first time of my life had a huge meat fest - meatballs, tacos etc and then stopped. Was so gross but couldn't help myself. Seems to be back with steak in the kitchen for cooking tonight?! It's like having an out of body experience!

#71 Future-self

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (tinkster23 @ 14/05/2012, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But please reassure me I'm not the only one with a nursery full of crap? Since we moved into this house in January, the spare room became the dumping grounds and I can barely get in there for all the boxes. bed parts, spare carpets, spare chairs etc

Ha! No, not the only one. We were supposed to have found a house to buy by now and have moved but time is ticking and it really looks like we'll still be in the apartment when Baby gets here. I keep wandering into the spare room doorway, looking at a spare bed covered in folders, the filing cabinets, spare dining chairs, sporting equipment, boxes of books that won't fit on the shelves... and walking straight back out again! The plan is to have Baby in a bassinet next to our bed but have a feeding chair, chest of drawers with change pad in the spare room with the spare bed in as a space to sleep  wink.gif  All too hard at this point!

QUOTE (Babies2012 @ 14/05/2012, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think we have a bully on our hands already one twin had its butt and legs squashed into the other twins face poor little thing lol

laugh.gif

QUOTE (hope_fully @ 14/05/2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Started looking at prams, anyone have any good advice? My sister recommends the icandy peach or pear...so will be checking it out.

The Peach is a contender for us. DH really liked it too (was zooming it around the shop, testing its two wheel capability) but the price is a factor and I am fretting about spending so much on something that may not be 'prefect'. I'm finding Prams a really hard decision!

#72 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hopefully and Futureself - the iCandy peach was number one on my list until I found out that it isn't suitable for a newborn and you need to get the 375 buck baby carrier attachment aswell, which bumps the price up to the bugaboo zone and is really a bit out of my budget, I am deciding between the mountain buggy swift, which comes with a free baby carrier thingo for 547 from baby kingdom or the mountain buggy urban jungle which is a little bit bigger. They are both 3 wheeler jogging prams, and are light and easy to fold up. I got a warning from a friend with a steel craft strider, she said it is too big to get through the check out at woollies, so she has to use the disabled aisle when she goes to the shops!

#73 tweetz

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Not feeling good atm... head cold and sore throat. So frustrating being sick while pregnant.

I'm another one finding sleep becoming more difficult. DP is away for work this week so I might take advantage of having the bed to myself and see if pillows help.

Looks like there are a few of us in Sydney planning on going to the Expo this weekend.

Tinkster - Thanks for the reassurance re having a boy. One of the ladies I work with told me the same thing today. I am looking forward to cuddles and kisses from my boy.
And no, you're not the only one who has a room of crap to convert to a nursery. I've been slowly trying to sort out the office / storage room so it can be the nursery...slowly being the key word.

hope_fully & futureself
- I've enjoyed looking and researching all the other items except prams...they scare me. I've been going through threads in the Prams & Strollers forum - definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

#74 Catirving

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Pram-wise, we're going for a Mountain Buggy too - my partner has a bad back and there are very few footpaths here, so we need the off-road aspect of it. Also, it comes in red. I tried it in the shop and it's incredibly manoeverable, but expensive, so I'm trying to get one on eBay.

#75 heliwifeBecG

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

I have decided to go with a valco rebel q. They are the valco equivalent of a strider basically. A toddler seat can be attached to the front (which is what I want as more kiddies hopefully no longer than 3yrs apart) and it has 4 wheels. The seat comes out and I was a bit sceptical with having to take the seat out to fold, but it really takes 2 seconds and is so easy to do. Can turn the seat around also. Its very manouverable and hubby even enjoys pushing it too. original.gif

We have a friend who got a strider 3 wheeler and had the toddler seat attached and the pram feel forward. It scares me that the heavier child is at the front with only 1 wheel to support as such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.