Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 librablonde

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

GOLD!
It's been quiet in here lately. How are we all, ladies?

#3 spring08

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

hi all,

Libra, hope you are recovering well now. Has the soreness improved?

Spock, good luck with the surgery tomorrow - really hope it goes well and gets you on track for a July FET.

Hi to everyone else - have a good (chilly) weekend

#4 BJBubbles

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi All,

Spring - it is FREEZING isn't it?!?!?!  My silly DH played golf in that weather yesterday!!!!!   How are you feeling? Hope you're not too stressed and can be a little happy and excited??

Libra - how are you feeling this week?? I hope you're healing well and too uncomfortable now!

Well counting down - hopefully 2 weeks until I can start my next cycle  (see last thread for update on my visit with FS if your're interested...)

Have a great weekend - and keep warm!!!

xoxox

#5 librablonde

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hi ladies,
it's so freezing here in Tassie and has been raining hard for the last 2 days. So I'm just relaxing in my dressing gown and watching The Neverending Story with the kids and baking some bread. Ahhh, I love it when I don't have to rush around to appointments and schedules. It rarely happens! Anyhoo....

Spring08- so how are you going? It's so exciting, I hope you're travelling well and your bean is settling in nicely.
BJB- it sounds you're on track to be ready for your next antagonist cycle. I totally need to detox too, I've put on 2.5kg since I stopped my diet before my surgery. Ahh well, eating homemade bread is awesome and I'm not quite ready to get back on my diet. I'm giving myself another week before I knuckle down and start losing weight again. You said you're upping your Gonal-F, I found I had better results when I did that, so hopefully that works well for you too. I'm a fan of antagonist cycles, so I hope you score a great haul of embies.
Spock- I hope your surgery goes well today xoxox You're in my thoughts.
Mitchp- I hope you're having fun planning your Fiji holiday and that you and your DP are feeling ok.
Zoe- how are you going?
A big hi to Halby, Lituss, Countrymel, Meggs1 and our other buddies here.

AFM- well, still shuffling along, it's been 2.5 weeks since the myomectomy and I'm off the painkillers now but still get sore if I'm on my feet for too long. So I've been taking it easy and am looking forward to being back to my usual, sprightly self original.gif I've been a bit worried about some heat and tenderness above the incision site, and Dr Google says that can be normal or could mean infection, so I'm just waiting to see if it turns out ok.

Oh, I wish I was up to laying on the floor in front of the heater! I always think my dog looks like a Luckdragon (like Falkor in The Neverending Story), and I'm just dying to lay with my head on his tummy and watch this movie. Alas, I fear not only could I not get myself onto the ground right now, but I'd also never be able to get up  biggrin.gif

Have a great weekend, ladies original.gif

#6 Spock

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi ladies, unfortunately I'm actually awake way too early for a Sunday following surgery yesterday. My doc popped by after and essentially gave me the thumbs up to go ahead with our FET in July so of to Hawaii in 5 weeks biggrin.gif . I had a hit of a mini meltdown the night before the surgery, seem to be having these more lately, but luckily nothing scary was found. So on Tuesday will be the follow up consult and I'll know more then.
I am now glad we booked our flights and accommodation months ago as all the flights are now fully booked and given it will be 'spring break' when I'm there, I think finding accommodation now (nice accommodation anyway) would be tough and/or expensive. I can't say I'm as excited as last time given I lost my twins but hoping my mood will improve as the dates get closer.
Next step is seeing my fs next week and telling him we have firmly decided to try IvIg along with the truckload of everything else I'll be taking. IvIg seems to be widely used in both USA and UK so it annoys me that doctors here don't want to experiment, especially when you've been through the wringer and simply can't keep doing the same thing again and again.
Spring, how are you holding up? When is your scan?
Libra, sounds like you are slowly recovering. I'm glad you are able to take it easy and rest, makes a huge difference. Hoping the tenderness is nothing, you don't need another complication to delay you.
Mitchp, hoping you and your dp are okay, looking forward to your trip.
Bjb, must be hard to be back in real life but great you might be cycling soon. I too have never done well on the down reg cycle, much prefer antag cycles.
Hi everyone else, enjoy your sleep ins.

#7 librablonde

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hi Spock,
it's wonderful that your surgery went well and everything is still on track for your FET. So how does IVIG work? I'm a bit clueless about how it works. Do you start that treatment before the FET or during or after the FET? 5 weeks will flly by, and you'll be enjoying balmy Hawaii before you know it. Are you still in hospital today? I hope you get to relax today xoxox

#8 Spock

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi libra, it was day surgery so home in bed still typing on my phone original.gif
IvIg is a bit controversial but I've reached a point where I'm game to try experimental things. We know it is primarily my immune system causing the losses. I have elevated nk cells but they aren't sky high. I'm also a bit on the low side with one of the 'good' immune cells. All this is rather controversial stuff but in the e d it doesn't matter because if you have immune issues, no matter what they are, the treatments are the same - clexane ;aspirin has recently been discredited), pred, Ivig, intralipids and more recently nupogen. All except clexane try to do the same thing, calm the immune system down. I've tried pred a few times at varying doses so this time I'll be back on a high dose. Ivig and intralipids are given intravenously typically to people suffering immune conditions. Not widely used in Aus for recurrent m/c but there have been successes with these. So I'll have an Ivig infusion just under 2 weeks prior to transfer to 'dilute' my immune system. Most likely I'll then have intralipid infusions (which are cheaper) during the 1st trimester if I get that far. Some doctors think Ivig and intralipids have the same effect so they just use intralipids which are safer and cheaper but some doctors think Ivig is more effective. There are no conclusive studies that these immune treatments work but that is because it is really hard to put together a high quality medical study for treatment outcomes for recurrent m/c. Be very difficult if not impossible to get a large enough sample (think I now fall in less than 0.001% of the Aus pop) of women to get conclusive results plus tricky to structure the study appropriately. I read medical studies as part if my job and talk to doctors all the time so I get annoyed when clinics say they don't believe in all this immune stuff based on available medical literature because I can't see how you can actually test this in a large enough group.
Wow just realized what a huge post that is! Sorry about that.
When I have the infusion I just hope my family pop by and visit as I understand I'll be in hospital pretty much all day with a drip.

#9 librablonde

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Wow Spock, you're one of the toughest women I've ever known. I'm in awe of your strength to go through so much and keep your head above water with it all. I have no doubt that your instincts are right about your body and you are on the right path. You're an inspiration to me. Seriously bbighug.gif

#10 spring08

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

BJB, we both have crazy partners immune to the cold - mine went windsurfing while I huddled under a blanket reading a book.  Not long at all now until your next cycle - I only every did 1 down reg cycle which was a complete dud & as antag has worked for you in the past it sounds the way to go. How is the post holiday detox going?

Libra, I'm complaining about Syd weather - now I feel very soft. I've only been to Tassie once, just after Christmas and it was freezing then! Homemade bread is the best, and glad that you're still getting some good rest. Hoping there's no infection happening - when do you go back for a checkup?

Spock, that's great news that you've been given the green light for a FET soon. Nice that you can be more organised with flights and accomodation this time. I know it must be tough going back, but like Libra said, you are such a strong and determined woman. Agree also that when the std protocols don't work it's time to experiment & adding IvIg can't hurt.  Has your FS given a reason for not recommending it - I know mine advised me to do several things on the basis of some more experimental or anecdotal research.

hi to mitch, halby and zoe - hope you're all doing well.
******pg mentioned**********
AFM, still going fine. No real symptoms aside from a couple of moody outbursts, and I'm more tired. I have another BT this Wed, then scan booked the following Tues, which will be 2 days before my DPs 40th b'day.  Aside from some walks haven't done anything active, and I'm missing exercise a bit, but don't want to do any more until the scan. Still getting really sore with the progesterone inj's. Getting really large lump areas from all the oil that don't seem to go away - I don't want to complain about them because having them is a good thing, but wish they weren't quite so painful.

take care all.

#11 halby

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Spring such wonderful news, and I think you are wise taking it easy until after scan. As they say, dont do anything that you think may put you at risk, but walking is great. Have heard about the prog inj, havnt had them personally but are meant to be nasty.

Spock, I am glad your op went well and all clear to go ahead again. And off to Hawaii. Get your head into holiday mode honey, it may just be what the doctor ordered girl, and you soooo deserve it.

Mitchp and a Fijian holiday for you too. Oh you lucky buggers. So busy here that it has been hard to think about booking our holiday for the end of Julyish as we are waiting on contracts, very frustrating.

BJ on the countdown to start always made me anxious wanting it here and now but also wanting to just look at it ahead. Fingers crossed for you.;

Libra, sounds like you are on the mend slowly. If you have some redness as well as the heat around the incision site it does sound like an infection, but if no redness then it may be nothing, Definately keep your eye on it. I know that feeling without surgery about not being able to get up from the floor. When I sit down to play with DD my old knees dont like trying to get me up again.

Big hello to everyone else, I am so proud of myself getting on here sooner rather than later to see your news Spring and how everyone else is. No chat here on my end yet, we are all choked up with a bit of the flu and if af is early again then I think I will delay to August anyway if he does agree so it gives us a couple of weeks to talk. Talking about cold I tell you Perth had its coldest night on record last week, 1 degree. I tell you I felt it.

Edited by halby, 28 May 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#12 BJBubbles

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Halby, great to hear from you! Hope you are all feeling better and over the flu!

Spock - how are you feeling this weekend? Hope you've recovered well. Great news that your doc gave you the green light.  Great time to head to Hawaii and escape the winter weather! Sounds like you've got a good plan lined up too...

Libra - hope you are feeling better and more mobile as the days go by.  Be kind to yourself about the weight gain!  Your body has been through a LOT in the last year - rest and heal, and then you can detox and lose the weight!  One thing at a time though  :-)

Spring - how was your BT results? And you have a scan coming up on Tuesday?  Hope you are hanging in there... looking forward to hearing some good news from you soon!

How is everyone else? It's been very quiet in here - has the cold weather made everyone go into hibernation?!?

Well we've had a massive week.  DH started a new job on Monday - his dream job! I'm so proud of him  wub.gif He's already doing 12 hour days - so going to take a little adjusting from both of us but he absolutely loves it. He's so excited - every night he comes home and tells me about his day like a kindy kid coming home from school!

Luckily he is working for a good friend of his, that he has worked for before, and he knows all about our history so is a great support making sure DH can get to all appointments etc with me when he needs to.

Going to enjoy a nice quiet weekend with a lovely roast for dinner tonight!

Stay warm everyone!

xoxo

#13 spring08

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Morning all,

BJBubbles, that is great news about your DHs job. Being happy in your work has such a huge impact on your life. It's great he is so excited, and also that his work will be supportive - not long now til you start your next cycle is it?

Libra, hoping your recovery is coming along now. Has the redness gone down?

Spock, how are you recovering? Not too long u til you will be doing your ivig treatment and heading off also.

Mitch, how are you both doing?  Got the Fiji holiday planned?

Hi halby, and thank you. Hope you're staying rugged up and recovering from the flu. I thought wa might have been a bit warmer - 1 degree is brutal!

****pg mentioned******
My Last blood test on wed was really good, and I finally started to relax a bit more about this and think of myself as a pg person. Then had some bleeding (not just spotting) late fri afternoon/evening. They've increased my progesterone and I'm just laying around the house (thankfully it's a good weekend to do that). Only had a bit of what seemed like old blood yesterday, so hoping we are still ok, but who knows?  I have a scan on Tuesday, which can't come soon enough!

Take care girls - think its a good day to make soup and baked goods

#14 mitchp

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hey all, Spring - it sounds like it's all going very well for you - congrats original.gif

BJ - congrats to your hubby on his dream job - let's hope the hours slow down a bit so you get some quality time in:)

A huge hello to Libra and Spock original.gif

We are doing well - only 23 days till Fiji, so very excited original.gif

Also - huge plans/decision - we are having DPs cousin and fiancee (soon to be her husband) come and live with us for anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. To help them save money for a house deposit and to help us out financially too. huge decision, but we all get on well and they're both on board for any night time baby duty if and when the time (hopefully) comes:)

Good luck all - keep in touch xx

#15 BJBubbles

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'll apologise for the me post to follow, and come back tomorrow to write properly...

***Pregnancy Mentioned***

To cut to the chase. I got a BFP this morning.

I'm in utter shock. I kind of don't know what to do now...?

I think I'm only 10 or 11 dpo so it's still very early but..... OMG

I called my naturopath to make sure everything I was taking was OK - and he's given me a some stuff to boost progesterone now too...

Do I call my FS? Clinic? OB? GP?  I don't think AF is due until Thursday or Friday....

Sorry to post here - I hope you don't mint - didn't really know where else to go.....

xoxo

PS - mitch, you caught me in the OPK HPT forums.... glad to know I'm not the only sucker for punishment that drops in there occasionally!

#16 librablonde

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Oh BJB!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif        
What wonderful, wonderful news!! I'm really stoked for you and can just imagine the whirlwind that is in your mind right now. Just sit tight, meditate, relax and enjoy the ride. It's so exciting!
It's so fantastic when one of the Long Hauler's finally gets a lucky break.
bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif
ETA: Hang on! I just re-read your last few posts. Do you mean this was a "natural" BFP, not due to IVF??? OMG!!!!  ohmy.gif

Edited by librablonde, 05 June 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#17 BJBubbles

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Libra -  Thank you! And sorry, Im a complete scatter brain.... But yep, I've been waiting for AF so I could start another stim cycle - this is totally au natural.  Hence the reason I'm in disbelief!

Thinking I'll sit tight and see how things go in the next 2 days and call my FS on Thursday to see what to do now! Hahaha you would think I would know - but I'm not used to THIS!

Taking a day at a time - will get through to when AF would be due and get a BT then go from there...

Edited by BJBubbles, 05 June 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#18 mitchp

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hey BJ - yep, caught you in the OPK HPT section as I couldn't resist viewing your title in that one:) Again, a huge congrats to you and your hubby. This happened to friends of ours after 9 years of IVF, a natural pregnancy and beautiful little DD to follow. Good luck for an easy going, event free pregnancy xxx

Hello to everybody else xxx

#19 spring08

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

OMG BJBubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is amazing - you hear about that, but for it to happen to one of us is incredible! You and your DH must be so thrilled.

Massive congratulations ddance.gif  ddance.gif  ddance.gif

Mitch, this winter weather must make the Fiji countdown very appealing.
Libra, hope you're feeling a bit better.
Spock, are you all recovered?
hi Halby, are you getting over your flu??

Hope you're all doing really well - and staying warm

****pg mentioned*****
I had a scan yesterday - very scared after bleeding, but amazingly we saw 2 little heartbeats! I still can't believe that something has finally worked.

I won't update anymore about myself, but do want to keep popping in to share your journeys and offer support - this BG has been so supportive and has really helped me when I've had no one else who could even vaguely understand what we're going through xoxo

#20 librablonde

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (spring08 @ 06/06/2012, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but amazingly we saw 2 little heartbeats! I still can't believe that something has finally worked.

I won't update anymore about myself, but do want to keep popping in to share your journeys and offer support - this BG has been so supportive and has really helped me when I've had no one else who could even vaguely understand what we're going through xoxo

OMG! Even better news with 2 heartbeats!! A big congratulations to you, Spring xoxo I understand why you want to move away from this BG now, but I hope you keep in touch and I'll be following you around the board to hear your updates. The very best of luck, hon, it's so great to have some good news in this BG.

xoxo

#21 Spock

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi ladies,
Bjb that is wonderful news!!! Especially from our long haul group where things have not been easy. I hope all goes smoothly. Picture me jumping around in joy original.gif
Spring, twins! Wow!! So glad your scan went well. I was waiting for your post. Super happy for you, it's been a long time coming and i hope for you that's it's easy sailing now. Please pop in and scatter some of your magic original.gif
Mitchp, not long to go till Fiji original.gif. Sounds nice you might have some friendly house guests.
Libra and everyone else, hi, hope you're all well.
Afm, I'm fully recovered from my hysteroscopy. Saw our fs yesterday so have signed the firms and got all my drugs. I start Lucrin injections on Friday. We have decided that this FET will be our last attempt if we end up m/c again (without any explanation). I actually feel very calm about it all. Maybe we will get more excited closer to the date as still 1 month to go. Also found out today I have lost 4kg which is great for me so my new low gi diet must be working. I've also started Pilates which do far I'm enjoying and I'm doing them with a physiotherapist that specializes in Pilates when pregnant. Gosh this weather in Sydney is awful (just on the ferry home from work typing on my iPhone).

#22 indigo~

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Woohoo BJB and Spring! Congratulations to you both!  ddance.gif

I lurk often, keeping an eye on how you are all going. Sending you all good vibes for your upcoming cycles. Xo

#23 minidiamond

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Been lurking in here girls so thought I'd quickly say hi, I know everyone is at such different stages so hope in your own individual journeys you are doing okay.

Firstly to spring & BJ, a huge congratulations, that is fantastic news and spring, wow, twinsies !  Did you have two transferred i can't recall !! Sooooo happy to see long haulers get those BFPS and BJ, incredible that you got a natural BFP, just so pleased.

I wish you both lots of very sticky vibes & successful pregnancies.  I have spent some time over in the pregnant after m/c thread which is full of lovely ladies at different stages, quite a few who've been through AC.

Spock, good to see you've got some positive things happening after the hysto - congrats on the 4kgs and also on your sense of being at peace with what comes next.    I'll be keeping an eye out for you.  Pilates is such a great way of exercising, I'm doing pre-natal yoga at the moment and love it.  Very good for both mind & body.

Libra, hun, I hope your recovery continues quickly. I think of you regularly.  I'm glad you're having those cosy days with the telly & kids & baking, they are a great way to help both emotional and physical recovery.

Mitch, yay for holidays !! Hope the sun shines for you non-stop in Fiji ! Good luck with the rellies coming to stay too.  I always find in those situations as long as all parties spell out pretty clearly their expectations in terms of the household, it works out fine.  I hope they can be an extra support to you for future cycles too.

Hi Indigo, halby, zoe & everyone else.

**PREG MENTIONED**
AFM, around 8 weeks to go for me, give or take.  It's likely I'll be going going down the CS route due to my gestational diabetes (which I'm managing fine) & age/size etc. so early August looks like our time.  Otherwise all is okay so counting down the days .....

Edited by Liltuss, 06 June 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#24 BJBubbles

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi Ladies - been every quiet in here!

How is everyone???

Spring - such wonderful news! Congrats! How are you feeling? Hope everything is well and you are relaxed a little more...

Spock, how goes the drugs? Congrats on the weight loss!

Libra - how are you feeling now? Hopefully you've got a lot more strength and movement pack and the pain has gone now?

Mitch - when do you leave for your holiday? Must be soon??? Oh how I would love some warmth!

Hi to everyone else!!!!

***PG mentioned***
I've had 4 BT's now and my OB is really happy with my levels so I'm just hanging out until I can have a scan next week.

So i guess should move on now...?! Thanks so much to ALL of you for your support over the last number of months - you are a wealth of knowledge and encouragement! I'll continue stalking and keeping updated with what's going on with you. Everything crossed for some good news for everyone soon.

Xoxoxox

#25 spring08

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

hi all original.gif

I hope everyone is doing well - I'm hating this cold weather but at least we have sun this week (syd anyway!)

Spock, how are you going with the lucrin?? I found it a horrible drug until the progynova started - really messed up sleeping, moods - I hope you're doing ok on it.  When are you heading to Hawaii?

Libra, hope that you're healing. I imagine those final recovery stages take quite a while with such a big op.

Mitch, you must be just about to head off to Fiji? everyone who's gone there recently has raved about how great it was. Hope you have the best time - relaxation, warmth, nice water...

hi Liltuss, wow, not long to go. You must be very excited!

BJB - great news on the BTs - that scan next week can't come soon enough!

Hi Indigo, zoe and the other girls that pop in here - I hope that there will be more good news shortly out of this group.

*****PG mentioned
AFM, I still find it pretty surreal - and don't know when you start to feel like a "proper" pregnant person.  I just had another scan (8w,6d) and all still good, so seeing an ob next week. I do feel incredibly lucky & a lot more confident now, but somehow I think years of IVF and constant failure has had an impact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.