IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#26 Spock

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hi ladies,
Spring, good to see all is going well. I know it's really hard to believe but I hope you'll be able to feel more confident soon. Doing IVF and having disappointments certainly scars you. I don't think any of us will have those normal pregnancy feelings. Maybe finally seeing an ob and not just your fs will help to.

Bjb, hope all is going well with you too. Pop by and sprinkle some magic on us.
Liltuss, thanks for popping by. I look forward to hearing your good news.
Libra, how are you recovering?
Mitchp, I think u might be in Fiji on holiday now? Good timing it's cold and wet here.
Hi everyone else!
Afm I've been on the Lucrin and estrogen and upping my pred dose gradually. I had my Ivig infusion on Sunday and so far no side effects. My lining looks good - measured 7.5mm yesterday which is amazing for me. Dr v must have worked some magic there. So starting to get a little excited and nervous about heading to Hawaii next week. At least it will be sunny there. My FET is next Friday. We have decided this will be our last try with me carrying a pregnancy. After this it will be surrogacy so hoping this is the big positive one for us. Surrogacy looks really hard to do in Australia.

#27 spring08

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Good luck Spock, and I hope you have a nice time in Hawaii despite the stress that goes with it. At least it will be warm! Sending lots of good wishes, and I'm really hoping for a good outcome for you.
You're a strong woman and have done so much to prepare your body - hoping all goes well & I'll be watching for some good news

#28 minidiamond

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Just a quick one to say hi to Spock in Hawaii & best wishes for FET tomorrow ....

#29 halby

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Well I have caught up and want to start with Spock. How did today go? I hope that all went well and that you have a fab time in Hawaii. Enjoy, relax and indulge in all the simple pleasures.

Liltuss I cant believe only 8 weeks to go. I had to do the CS but as I was very upset at first as we know with ivf everything is so timed I just wanted the birth to be anything but. I would have loved to have woken hubby at 3am and said "Its time" but alas a healthy baby in the end was why I knew it was the right thing. Hope you are going to keep your feet up now.

BJB congrats to you on the ala natural conception. I will give you a big gold star. Like Mitchp said we all hear it happen to other people, and I am glad that it has happened for you. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Spring wow 2 little heart beats that is wonderful. double the joy I say. I hope you keep dropping in to let us know your progress.

Libra how is everything going for you? You are one tough lady. I hope that life is treating you well

Hello to everyone else, I will try and get some more personals over the weekend as it is a bit of me time I think. Speaking of which I am great. DH still no decision, well I have basically told him yesterday that I want to try again and I just think we should not analize it and just do it and take it each step at a time. I think it all might be stressing me out a bit as that biological clock ticks very loudly at me right now and for that reason I had a 21 day cycle, and now have just started af again after only a 17 day cycle. I know I ovulate pretty early these days and my research tells me that can be a sign of poor egg quality. Damn those bloody experts who put sh*t on google. Only positive sh*t should be on there.... Anyway I have been hectically busy with work as well, so my research has said that maybe slowing down might settle my cycle down a bit. Anyway I will hold hubby down for a definate answer by Monday morning to make an appointment with FS. I am also very excited that on Sunday we are going to book our bali holiday for the end of September. I cant wait. It will be a our first real holiday in about 5 years that is all about the 3 of us. Well I had better run, but I will pop back in over the weekend. Have a good one all.

#30 Spock

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

hi ladies,

halby, good on you for making a big decision. I hope you manage to find a way to reduce your stress levels. I found cutting back my work hours has helped as forces me to let go of work. Even though we fly back to Sydney on Wednesday I'm not back at work till 23rd July just to give me some low key time as super busy period at work once I do get back into things. Hoping your dh comes on board with you and like you said, just takes things as they come. Hope your cycle gets back into normal sync. I hear you on the tick tock of the clock, just adds more stress doesn't it.

liltuss, thanks for sprinkling some good luck on me. Hope you're okay in the big lead up  original.gif

spring, hope you're doing okay as well. Are you sticking with those nasty prog injections? I was hoping to do pessaries this time but the Hawaiian ivf doctors think my retroverted uterus means I'm not absorbing the prog from the pessaries properly so I'm back on the injections. Going to have a sore bottom on that flight back.

hi everyone else, hope all going well.

well I had my transfer this morning. 2 embies now on board as both thawed fine. Been taking it easy, had acupuncture right before and after. Just about to head out for dinner. It's lovely and balmy over here, very relaxing so forces me to unwind. We fly back on Wednesday and then time of for me at home to potter around. Found out right before we left for Hawaii that my sister is pregnant with number 2 so hoping we can be pregnant together. Also had a stressful few days as the nurses in Sydney made a 'technical' error with measuring my lining so my transfer today almost got pushed into next week. We would have had to change flights and book more hotel nights which would have cost a fortune. I'm going to write a letter recommending retraining in doing lining readings as has huge consequences, especially when you're paying lots of money to do this overseas so a week here or there is a big deal. Seriously, the nurses do blood tests and lining readings, they should know what they are doing. Thankfully the Hawaiian ivf doctor did my scan yesterday and found my lining was all ready. Anyway, all done now phew!

Now just have to sit back, go for a few walks on the beach, and relax. I might start posting in the 2ww.

take care everyone
spock

#31 spring08

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

hi Spock - glad your tfr went well & that you've had a relaxing break- even with the stress of them mucking up your lining m'ment. Really surprising & so glad things worked out. Coming back and resting & getting the outcome before you go back to work is a good idea
Will be waiting for some news and I hope with everything I have that these embies stick  hands.gif .  I've just come off the prog. injections thankfully. We got to the stage that there was just no spot to inject since they were bruising so bad and that oil just sits there in lumps. So at about 9w I went to 2 days of inj's, then a day of pessaries to get some recovery time.  Hawaii seems convinced that they work, my FS back here though is sceptical, but it's all worth trying and who know what will make the difference for us.

hi Liltuss, wow you are so close. Hope you are feeling well - so exciting!

hi halby, hope you and your DH came to a decision. The limbo land is horrible

hello to the other amazing women in this group - hope you're all doing ok

#32 mitchp

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hey all, it seems this little group is travelling well. Spock... good luck in your 2WW - may this little embie stick, lots of baby dust your way.

Hi everybody else.

AFU - Fiji was absolutely amazing. We had the BEST time, lovely warm weather, the wedding we attended was the best ever and our time together was beautiful.

Back to work today - with our next (2 frozen embies) getting ready to be transferred possibly around the end of this month (DP started her frozen cycle on Sat just gone).

Keep in touch guys x

#33 Hopeful2011

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi i'm relatively new to these boards so i'm not sure if i am permitted to ask? BUT

Has anyone used the fertility centre in Springwood, Brisbane? Prices are cheap, can anyone recommend them?

#34 Spock

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi ladies,
Mitchp, loooovy Fiji holiday. You sound nice and relaxed.
Spring, hope you're going well. Lucky you of those nasty prog injections. My prog levels were on the low side going into this FET using pessaries so I was put back on daily injections plus a pessary a day. Hoping I'll be able to switch back to pessaries once I reach a stable prog number but the doctors worry that my retroverted uterus isn't absorbing the pessaries well.
His libra, and anyone else who might be out there still. It's been really quiet in here.
So I'm up and about to leave for the airport. Will be back in Sydney soon enough. Hope I have a quiet flight so I can sleep as the pred is really keeping me up late. Hoping my 2 embies are doing well.

#35 Spock

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Sorry forgot to add, hopeful2011, I don't think the forum rules allow questions to be answered about specific clinics. I think you have to ask people to send you private messages about these things. Also you might want to post your request in the general ac area. Goodluck.

#36 librablonde

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hi ladies,
well, I've got tons of catching up and reading to do in this forum. I've been offline while I moved house and then had to wait 2 weeks for the internet to be connected at this new home. Finally, my DP and I have now moved in together and merged our 2 families and it's just brilliant (it's been 3 years in the making!). So my internet access was finally fixed this afternoon so here I am. I'll do lots of reading over the weekend and do personals then.
Super brief AFM: put on heaps of weight again after I lost so much before my myomectomy- ugh!!!! Got super stressed and depressed with the chaos of house moving/cleaning/selling, etc, The drama with Gabe has finally caught up with me and so I've finally (after 7 months) booked sessions with a counsellor which will start this Monday. Will see Dr Fancyshirt in a couple of weeks to discuss my next FET and then a possible EPU after that. But I'm so happy that I can now live with my DP and we've finally taken the plunge of living together. Due to my foster kids and some of their issues, we took the whole process incredibly slowly so as to not destabilise them. They're coping really well with the change and are so happy and so am I to see them really embrace our new life and new home. Anyhoo, I'll go now and start reading back over the past few weeks.
Lots of love and luck to us all xoxox

#37 misszoe

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hi All

*** BFPS MENTIONED ***

Hope all is well, farout the first post timed out so here I am again with my second post. Sorry about the no personals I have to get ready for work and the fact this is the 2nd post!

I have been cautiously missing in action and being sensitive to others here as I know what it is like. We finally got our BFP a few weeks back. And our first scan was yesterday, um Im actually expecting triplets eeeeexx! We transferred two 3 day FET embryos. One is lagging behind but the other two are doing great guns!

I write in here that i never gave up not one moment. I just knew at some point we were going to make it. I have NK cells and DH has severe MFI. We were told we could never conceive by a well known professor! We gave it our everything this time, neupogen injections, intralipids, dexamethasone, pessaries, estrogen, did i miss anything? We still have a long way ahead....

I wish you all the very best of luck, believe it will happen, easier said than done i know, but believe it in your heart. And recondition your minds as it is so important that the mind and the body is balanced. I will be popping in here all the best xxx

#38 mitchp

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Wow Zoe, congrats, that is mind blowing. All the best for a wonderful pregnancy  bbighug.gif

Quick query - DP went in to see Dr Fancy Shirt today and he wasn't there, it was a doc from Melbourne. She had her scan, and instead of being given the tests to check ovulation, she was sent for a blood test both today and Thursday. Is this a different way of checking for ovulation do you think?

Weird.

Anyways... hello everybody else, hope you're all doing fantastic x

#39 Spock

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Zoelicious congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I know you really did your research and you were such a huge help to me when I needed answers. Wishing you a very smooth and uneventful pregnancy.
Libra, welcome back to the Internet. Hope your fs appointment goes well. Don't worry about your weight gain you've been under tremendous pressure this year. Hope your counseling helps you move forward.
Well I just had my bt so hoping to hear good news later today.

#40 Spock

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

wow, it's been very quiet in this BG lately......

anyway just an update from me, looks like I am pregnant but only just as hcg numbers are on the low side. I had another bt this morning so I'm just hoping they have doubled  huh.gif

spock

#41 spring08

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

hi all

Zoelicious - huge congratulations!!!!   grin.gif That is fantastic news and I hope all continues to go well.  How far along does this put you now??

hi Libra, good to see you back after your internet blackout. Fantastic news on being able to move in with your DP and blending your families together - so glad that is working well.  Hope that the counselling sessions help and good luck with your next FS appt. As Spock said, try not to worry about the weight gain - after all you've been through it's no wonder.

Spock - so hoping that you're numbers have risen well.  hands.gif Will be waiting for your news

Mitch, I think BTs to see how numbers are tracking are common, and I know I had them for FETs, but after a certain point it was also in conjunction with the urine tests. So maybe it will be BTs this week and early next if they're expecting tfr around end of month.  Good luck and hopefully your time in Fiji has worked some magic

have a lovely day all

#42 mitchp

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hey all - Spock, a huge congrats to you  bbighug.gif

Hey everybody else - hope you're all doing well.

Well, DP had a surge today and had a blood test so we're waiting for confirmation that it is in fact a proper surge, and when the transfer date will be.

Sad news: Tomorrow afternoon we have made an appointment to have our beautiful boy doggy put to sleep. He's an old man and is in pain and is losing use of his legs. All very sad. Our other dog (girl) will no doubt fret as she's 'his' dog, but we'll do our best to keep her ok, give her lots of attention and walks which we can't do currently cos' the boy doggy doesn't cope well sad.gif

So, upshot is, if our transfer is Monday or Tuesday next week, in the back of my head I'm hoping our beautiful boy doggy's soul will attach itself to our (hopefully) baby. It's my way of coping better I think.

Anywho, good luck to all, I'll be in touch x

#43 misszoe

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Howdy, yes very quiet in here.

Mitch sorry about your dog. As they say I hope its soul gives life to another... wish you the best.

Spock a huge congrats, I will respond to your PM shortly.

Spring  congrats on your news too, twins yeah? I’m almost 2 months.

Oh I thought I had to post this as I was told to do this on the morning of transfer, it helps with the catheter and the embryo getting up there! Its an age old remedy and they do this in the US! Worth a shot ladies I did it! I also told someone else on EB to do and she just got her BFP as well on Monday.

http://cnyfertility.com/2010/08/18/support...al-steam-baths/

Also check on you tube and you can see how it gets done.

Hi to everyone else as well xx

#44 Spock

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

just a quick post from me, some bad news I'm afraid. Hcg went down to 19 today so neither of my babies have made it. I have lost both.

spock

#45 HRH Countrymel

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Oh Spock.. you poor poor darling.

I'm sending you all my love.

#46 librablonde

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Oh Spock, I'm so sorry sad.gif  I have no other words, it's just awful. So unfair.
cry1.gif

#47 minidiamond

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Oh spock, I was in here earlier today & saw news of your +ve test and came back praying for good news.

I am so so sorry.  This is just impossible to comprehend & impossible to articulate how sad I feel for you.

Please look after yourself.   bbighug.gif

Hi to others, will post in the coming days.

#48 mitchp

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Oh Spock, I am so, so sorry this happened to you. How bloody awful. What in heck is with this universe. Thinking of you and yours, and wishing there was some way I could help. It sux feeling so helpless for others.

Please take care of yourself x

#49 spring08

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

spock, I'm so sorry  sad.gif
I hate the unfairness of this process and like mitch, wish there was a way to make things better. I'm so incredibly sad for you after all you have been through.
take care of yourself, and know that we are all sending you support

#50 Spock

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Thanks liltuss, spring, mitchp, libra, countrymel for your kind words of support. Feeling pretty run down and sad. We were really geared up for this FET after dong so much investigations to make sure we had checked everything. My clinic think my progesterone was on the low side going into this transfer and that might have caused implantation problems. So now I feel worse as could have turned out differently. Planning to try again in late October. My clinic will put me on more estrogen support this time and we are going to talk about neupogen too. I will be another year older come the next attempt. Just had news this morning too of some good friends who've just had their 4th baby today. How can life be so unfair to us??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.