IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#76 mitchp

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hey all, DTR good luck with injections and ensuing EPU. Our transfer went well, only the two follicles survived to embryo status so we don't have any left over. Hopefully wont need them.

Good luck all original.gif

#77 librablonde

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hi there ladies,
I've been quietly lurking and it's great to see the Long Haulers are still on track.
Spock- how's the Lucrin going? Are you still getting ready for another EPU at the end of October? And what happened with the 9 vials of blood and the immunologist? Did they note anything worthwhile from that study?
Mitchp- 2WW madness has begun, I'm crossing my fingers for you both original.gif
Halby- having fun in the sun in Bali as we speak, I'm so glad you're getting a break before that FET. Some R&R can do wonderful things....
DTR- so you're jabbing right now, do you have a date for the EPU yet? I actually get kind of excited to be in the swing of things when I'm cycling, it's good to be moving forward and feeling like I'm really "doing something" IYKWIM.
A big hello to all the other lurking Long Haulers past and present.

AFM- well, I was meant to be cycling in Sept/Oct but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Despite the counselling and the passage of time since last December I just wasn't ready. So I finally put my big girl pants on and called the IVF clinic this morning and will now do a FET at the end of November. I'm both excited that I'm finally doing it and simultaneously kicking myself that I left it so late in the calendar year, as if I also have a final EPU after the FET it won't be until next year and the Medicare Safety Net threshold will start again Jan 1st. Boo! Also, since moving in with DP in June my Medicare threshold will be different so I'm actually unsure as to how much the final costs will be for any IVF procedures. It's a whole new world.
So after eating and baking to my hearts content and yet again putting on masses of weight, yet again I'm on a diet to lose as much as possible before the FET. Unhealthy I know, I'm just a human yo-yo  wink.gif  Ah well, my brain has final made the switch (as of last Friday) and am now dieting and taking my DHEA and Coq10 and many multivitamins.  I am resolute that I will lose the weight and achieve the dream!!!  I just can't imagine it not finally happening because it just has to. I'll be 41 in a couple of weeks so it's crunch time......

Onwards and upwards, lovely ladies  bbighug.gif

Edited by librablonde, 01 October 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#78 dreamstoreality

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi Libra! Welcome back!

Yes I am currently jabbing away to my heart's content and my tummy looks black and blue from being a human pin cushion. I do feel better knowing that we are now doing something so that is good!

We go in on Thursday morning for a blood test and ultrasound to see how our little follys are doing.

I am unfortunately already having hideous side effects from the injections and am scared as I don't want to end back in hospital like I did last year and I'm on the max of gonal f this time as well, whereas I wasn't last time.

I guess only time will tell, but I am not enjoying my diet of dry salada biscuits.  If this is what morning sickness is like I will take it whole heartedly, but I would prefer to have the morning sickness to go with it!

Libra, I'm so proud of you for taking the next big step and it isn't easy, so well done to you!

Mitch - how are you and DP doing? Everything is crossed for you both.

A huge hello to everyone else as well.

XXX

#79 ~Panda~

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi ladies... Some of you might not know or remember me. I just want wanted to come in and say hello and say that I think of you all often and really wish there was some bloody magic wand I could wave.

Spock, I am so sorry to read about your sad news. sad.gif It just isn't fair.

#80 dreamstoreality

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hi Panda

Great to hear from you and I hope all is well for you!

Mitch how are things going your end?

AFM we had our first scan and blood test this morning and I have 15 good size follicles (between 14mm and 16mm) - yay!!!  That's the most we've ever had so I'm very happy indeed at the moment.

I am going in again on Saturday for another scan and depending on the size, epu will most likely be between Monday (day 13) and Thursday (day 16) going off previous cycles.

Can anyone tell me what hte optimum size is again as I've forgotten.

Thanks, DTR

#81 HRH Countrymel

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Wow! That sounds great dreamstorereality... more than a carton full!  And bigguns!

Best of luck!

#82 BJBubbles

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know I've been stalking and thinking about you all!

DTR - great news on your scan! 15 Follicles is awesome!  I think my FS used to like them to be over 20 at trigger to get a good chance of a mature egg from them at EPU. My last EPU was in Jan though, so I could be wrong! I'm sure someone will correct me!  Fingers crossed for a great scan on Saturday and a successful EPU for you!

Libra -  well done on making the decision to do the FET.  It's a hard one, and with what you and your DP have been through, I can't imagine how tough it would be for you.   I know we all want to be super healthy etc for cycles, but take it easy on yourself too - you deserve it. Good luck for the FET!

Mitchp - when is your DP's BT? Hoping you get some awesome news soon!

Halby - hope you had a fantastic holiday!!!!  SOunds like you've had a great plan put in place - always worth trying something new hey?  And there is a lot of research showing successful FET's these days!  When are you planning your FET?

Hi to Spock, CountryMel, and anyone else I've missed!!!   waves.gif

Will continue to pop in (and stalk you) - and always thinking of you
xoxoxo

*** Pregnancy Mentioned***
Well I'm actually starting to believe that things are going well and we are actually going to have a baby. We're just over half way now -  Had our 20 week scan on Monday and confirmed that we are having a very healthy Boy! Everything is looking great, growing nicely (not too big thankfully!) and my OB is really happy. I've finally relaxed and am actually enjoying being pregnant, which is a very new experience for me!

#83 Spock

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi ladies,
Bjb, great to hear from you! Yes, I can imagine it takes a while for the true belief of a baby actually working out takes time after trying for so long. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and look forward to hearing good news when your little boy arrives.
Hi panda, lovely of u to pop by and think of me. I hope life is treating u well.
Mitchp, really hoping this is your successful cycle! Hope the 2ww is going okay.
Dtr, they sound like great follie number and sizes to me. Goodluck for epu!
Libra, you really have been through some tough times. It's totally reasonable what you're doing. I don't think anyone should jump into cycling if their hearts not wholly in it. I'll be thinking of u in november.
Hi countrymel and anyone else popping by.
Afm, we had our consult with our USA reproductive immunologist and went through the bt results. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with how many more things are looked into over there. We really are at a disadvantage not having this medical accessibility here in Australia. If I knew what I know now, I would have done these bts at the start and saved myself the heartache of recurrent m/c's and probably would have been able o use my own eggs. Too late for using my own eggs now. Anyway, I digress, in a nutshell the bt results show my cytokines are on the low side. My new protocol will be clexane and neupogen which I start on Monday. My local reproductive immunologist has agreed to work with my USA one which is great, makes coordination easier. My Australian and Hawaiian fs' all know I am doing immune treatment. So I have 2.5 weeks till we head back to Hawaii for what I hope will be the FET that works. Not sure how I'm feeling yet. Probably once I start the new protocol I'll get more optimistic. I'll also be on extra estrogen to thicken my lining. Not sure if I've mentioned before but I have been diagnosed with stage 1 ashermans after having so many d&c's so my lining is a little thin.Spock

#84 mitchp

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hi all

BJB - a huge congrats to you. Sorry this will be brief as I'm using my phone!

BT is due on Tuesday. DP feels crampy this morning though and has 'gunk' so not feeling positive:(

I'm just so sick of the disappointment. Her period is due tomorrow so I guess we'll see!

Good luck all x

#85 mitchp

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Update - AF arrived:( I am numb. It's obviously never going to be.

#86 dreamstoreality

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Dearest Mitch, I am so sorry to hear that your partner's AF arrived. My god, life can be cruel. I am thinking of you both and hope that you are holding up considering. This sucks.

Take care Mitch and know that I am thinking of you xo

#87 librablonde

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Oh Mitchp, I'm so sorry. Life just sucks and can be so unfair. FTW sad.gif  You and your DP are in my thoughts tonight sad.gif xoxoxo
WHY? WHY? WHY? does this happen, so unfairly, to those who are so ready to love and raise a child???? Makes my blood boil rant.gif
FFS sad.gif

#88 dreamstoreality

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Good morning ladies.

Mitch - how are you and your DP doing? I've been thining of you both all weekend xo

*****Update on our cycle*****

AFM, we went for another blood test and scan this morning and have 6 top size follicles. I have 2 x 20, 3 x 19 and 1 x 18. The other 9 are still there but quite a bit smaller, but I'm still holding out hope that they will come through with the goods before egg pick up on Wednesday. I've never had such good sizes, so fingers crossed.  Apparently my clinic only count follicles over 11, so the other 9 must be quite small, but you never know.

#89 spring08

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Mitch, I am so sorry. There is no logic to this - it's just cruel and wrong. Thinking of you and your DP - just wish it was possible to send strength and hope

dreamstoreality - good luck for EPU on Wed.

hi to libra, spock, halby and anyone else popping into this group - I have everything crossed for all of you.

#90 dreamstoreality

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi ladies

Just an update from me. I had my egg collection yesterday and they got 7 eggs, the others were too small which was a shame, but I was expecting 6 in the end so the 7th was a little surprise.

I got a call from our FN today and we have had 5 fertilise.  The ratio at our clinic is 1 in 4 make it to blastocyst day 5 stage, so fingers crossed i will still get 1 if not 2. I feel sick already that it won't happen, time will tell I guess. I'll update when I know more.

#91 dreamstoreality

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Just popping in to say we still have 5 embryos!  We are doing the best ever so far so fingers crossed!  

We have 4 at 4 cells and 1 at 2 cells so they are where they are meant to be.

Normally we would have had a few drop off, so fingers crossed for us.

Sorry if I am taking over this forum topic, I just needed to share.

Thanks for listening.

#92 HRH Countrymel

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Woot!

Go Dreamstorereality!

#93 spring08

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Great news dreamstoreality!! those update calls are nerve-wracking, but nice to know your embies are looking strong

#94 dreamstoreality

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi so we go in Monday morning for transfer. We still have four embryos. Two at 8 cells and two at 5 cells. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is doing well xo

#95 dreamstoreality

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

We had our transfer this morning, a beautiful expanding blastocyst. We have one more embryo left but it is only at morula stage, it may or may not be frozen tonight or tomorrow, time will tell.

So now the two week wait! Hoping and praying this little one sticks around.

#96 spring08

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

an expanding blast is great! - All the best dreamstoreality, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for the next 10 days or so. Good luck!!!

#97 dreamstoreality

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Thanks Spring, I know I should be happy but I just got the news that again we have nothing to freeze. I feel so hopeless and just don't feel that this little one is going to work either. What the hell is wrong with me and my body and why can I not produce anything of decent quality?

I want to curl up and hide away.

#98 Spock

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

hi ladies,

mitchp, im so sorry  sad.gif  . i hope you're finding some comfort with your dp. I don't want to upset you but do you know whether it is an egg or implantation issue? If it's an egg issue, would you consider donor eggs? If it might be implantation issues, have you guys had any substantial immune testing? I'm just asking as I found out only very late I had rare immune issues that they can't even diagnose in Australia. I also found out I had low amh only quite late. If I knew these things earlier I might have been able to avoid the heartache I am going through now.

dtr, doesn't lose hope yet. You have one on board and this could be your dream come true. Hang in there.

spring, so nice of you to pop by thinking of us.

countrymel, how are you? nice to see you popping in too.

libra, what are you up to? hope you're feeling good.

hi to anyone I might have missed.

afm, it's day 9 of my cycle. i'm on lucrin, neupogen and lots of progynova. we leave for Hawaii on Sunday with transfer planned for next Friday. my lining measured 6.1mm yesterday. Does this sound good? I'm not sure. I really just want this to work more than anything else in my world.

spock

#99 dreamstoreality

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi Spock, thanks for your thoughts and well wishes.  This is definitely the worst part for me as I'm not in control of anything and I'm not very patient.

I hope you have a safe trip for Hawaii on Sunday and all goes well for the transfer on Friday - not long to go now. You must be very excited.

I would love to say that your lining measurement sounds good, but honestly I have no idea about lining measurements, sorry.

Thinking of you and sending out positive thoughts to you.

DTR

#100 spring08

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

all the best Spock - sorry, I don't know anything about lining m'ments either, but I so hope this works for you.
DTR, nothing to freeze sucks and I would have the same reaction as you whenever that happened. Hope the waiting isn't doing your head in too much - will be watching for your news. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.