Maternity Clothes
Dec DIG

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 finisis

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi all,

I've been looking around for maternity clothes for ages and am finding it difficult...... most websites and shops that I go to have sold out of my size so everything's too big or too small. I ended up going to ripe and found some really comfy and reasonably stylish stuff there - especially jeans, they are great. Only thing is it's not the cheapest way to go.
I did buy some stuff off nextdirect but ended up sending it back as it was too big. I'd recommend if you order from them to stay with your Australian size (they say that the UK size is one smaller than Aus e.g. 12 Aus is 14 UK). I ordered 14 UK and it was definitely too big. Still the clothes came quickly, were heaps cheaper than anything in the shops here and were pretty stylish.
I reckon Metallicus and Witchery are good tips. I also found that Seed had a lot of stuff that I'll be able to wear for the entire pregnancy and while it's mostly loose and drapey it all hangs really nicely.

Good luck biggrin.gif

#27 Nutty nut

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Special occasion only, unless your budget is vast, but check out Tiffany Rose. UK website, but dear lord they have some beautiful formal dresses!

#28 Nutty nut

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Am I obsessed with clothes? I would normally say no but the last post was mine too! Just wanted to say Seraphine mat jeans are great. The first pair of jeans I bought had an over the bump part and were great initially but now just sort of dig in 2/3 up the bump. If I loosen the adjustable bit, they fall down! Under the bump all the way!

#29 j+s

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but ASOS is a fab source of maternity clothes. I just bought my regular size and everything fits beautifully. Free delivery too!

#30 TaGB

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Angel Maternity have lovely things and they are very reasonably priced. They have shops or you can buy on line...

#31 porkchop's mama

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just a heads up for the swimmers in the group.

Speedo have a great maternity one piece, style name is Grace

http://www.jjbsports.com/speedo%20grace%20...p-product/33926

The link is to a British site but the price in Australia is $90.

It's so comfy!  The back isn't racerback style but the straps are adjustable and stay up when doing laps as opposed to just splashing about.  The neckline is high enough to cover everything and the low leg again is very comfortable but not too 'nonna'.

I'm intending to get a full 20 weeks or so use out of the pair I bought.  Only available in black, from memory.

I did try a tankini  but it's already gaping on me at this stage in my pregnancy.

HTH

#32 LunaTwilight88

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hi everyone, Congratulations to you all.

This is my first post as im new to Essential Baby. I found some fantastic maternity wear on gap.com. Their size charts are 100% spot on and i managed to order things for the entire length of my pregnancy. Shipping was a good price however it depends on what you order. I got basically a wardrobe of basics for $150 that included a couple of skirts, shorts, maxi dresses and tops. I found it difficult to find reasonably priced maternity wear here in australia and I didnt want to just buy a size up because then clothing wouldnt fit eg; under the arms around thighs and what not.

I highly reccommend giving gap.com a go as well as oldnavy.com

Due to have my first miracle 24/12/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.