Due In Sept 2012 Chat Thread #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#101 Rach42

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

MKTWINS my midwife told me that they would give me one in hospital just after birth.  She said they wouldn't give it to me prior.  She did suggest my DP gets the vaccine too - must remind him to do that.

When I had my c-section with DS1 he went straight to SCN after a brief cuddle/feed.  I would love to take bubs to recovery with me if all is well if I end up with a c-section this time and all is well.  I am in two minds about birth plans because pretty much it seemed to be ignored the last two times I did one!

My bub is very wriggly too - I keep wondering what she is doing in there!

#102 jess1980

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

Ive had 2 emergency c-sections and was lucky as I had both my babies in recovery with me, second time round I was vomitting for ages after and the silly midwife kept trying to give me the baby in the end I had to yell at her to give her to my hubby so I could continue vomitting so I didn't hold her for hours but my hubby got a big first cuddle

#103 Catirving

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

MKTwins, My partner and I had our whooping cough shots last week - it includes tetanus as well, which is good as I tend to get up to all sorts of hardware and gardening mischief, usually resulting in scrapes and bumps. They're free, too. His parents are getting them, my mum had one when my sister had her baby, and my best friend is getting one too. There is a bit of a whooping cough epidemic in our area, as there are a lot of alternatives lifestylers here.
Bub measured a little small last week, but that's just going on the fundal height - I'm pretty short. I occasionally get her feet right up under my boobs, so I'm not too concerned. 8 1/2 weeks to go - yikes!
As far as my birth plan goes, I'm trying for as active and natural as possible, but am willing to concede that I may need some help. I can hear all you who already have kids laughing from here!

#104 PinkSurvivor

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Catirving @ 28/06/2012, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
8 1/2 weeks to go - yikes!
As far as my birth plan goes, I'm trying for as active and natural as possible, but am willing to concede that I may need some help. I can hear all you who already have kids laughing from here!

Not laughing at all. It's a good realistic plan, you're open to the option of help original.gif I wanted an active labour with DS2 as with DS1 i felt so out of control.....running back and forth to the toilet [naked] thinking I had to poo  blush.gif But when it came I refused to move and just laid there. LOL So hopefully I can try a few techniques this round and not glue myself to the bed in fear labour will come to quickly if I move laughing2.gif I remember the midwife saying "It will speed up i you move around" my reply "its coming fast enough thanks" haha.

Any funny Birth Stories?

Mine is when I needed to be checked for dilation by the OB but mine was away and the replacement was a very tall giant African man with hands bigger than my laptop screen. I said "No can someone else check my cervix, his hands are too big" I loved the midwifes response "Honey you're about to have a baby, his hands are the least of your worries" laughing2.gif

#105 Rach42

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

I picked up my stroller today - woohoo! biggrin.gif  I have to have small folding strollers to fit in my car so the big prams were always out so thought I would go with an umbrella stroller again but I ended up deciding on the Combi Urban Walker Prestige as it folds small but has some nice "pram like" features.  I have been zipping it around the house and imagining my bub lying in there.

Now I think I just need a bassinette mattress - oh and a nappy bucket or two.  And maybe a lambskin for the stroller.  And some newborn disposable nappies for in the hospital.  And I need to organise to hire a capsule.  I'm probably going to keep thinking of other things too... may need to get a list going!

#106 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

Catirving - Not all laughing at you. An Active Birth is what I would recommend - I wish I had thought more about my first birth. This time I'm planning a VBAC so reading as much as I can about birth. Currently reading and working on Birth Skills and plan on doing a Active Birth Workshop a few weeks before the birth. I'm not necessarily opting for a natural birth but I'd like to learn some skills to help before turning to medicine this time. I was told don't be a hero with my 1st birth and opt straight for the epidural - which I did. I hated it and regreted not researching my own options.

Pink - Not really anything funny about my first birth. I had major contractions walking down the street in the middle of Perth on a saturday night got me some strange looks. I wanted to be closer to the hospital but I didn't want to go in at that point. I also tried the bath for pain relief when I got to the hospital but got out faster than it took to fill the tub as it was cold  all I remember is complaining they wouldnt put hot water in there (apprently the bath and maternity units are all set to a certain temperature so people can't burn themselves and newborns).

Rach - I love doing that with new prams too. I haven't decided on just 1 yet. Everytime I do I just change my mind. I think I have everything except the drawers I want for the nursery (Stuva from Ikea) Room is painted and new carpet is going in this week. I will pick up cot/changetable off layby and all will be set - I just need to wash the millions of clothes I have been given.

#107 *littlemiracles*

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hi all,

Just a quick update - GD test on Friday - thankfully all went well and everything else was good at antenatal appt. Next appt is with my GP just need to get my iron results as they weren't available yet on Friday. Bub is measuring well for dates. WAsn't able to sweet talk them into giving me c-sect date any earlier than 36 weeks though! LOL. We got lots done in the nursery over the weekend, cot and changetable and bassinet are now up and the room is just filled with baby stuff. Now to sort out and decorate - yay!!!!! Also in the process of washing so many baby clothes. Once thats done they can get packed into new drawers and will also pack bubs bag for hospital so thats done. I have been making lists for bags to be packed and need to start on my "things to buy" list as well. Best part is - its now the 3rd trimester - home stretch!!!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone else xxx

#108 ~A2~

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.