Due In Sept 2012 Chat Thread #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#26 Sar333

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Afternoon all,

I think maybe mks81 meant that they wouldn't book her date in until 36 weeks, rather than having the cs at 36 weeks....

Hope everybody is holding up, the weather is miserable here in Sydney, windy and wet sad.gif . Just made a list of all the things still to get and am a bit frightened! Ordered a pram on the weekend though, wasn't prepared for how excited I would be! We went with the phil&teds explorer as I like the big wheels and do a lot of walking, especially areas with no footpath, also like the inline feature, very handy if we are lucky enough to have another in the next few years.

Am feeling big and sore! Also noticing first stretch marks... well I knew it was inevitable, am a very small person with fair skin!

Hope every bodies health issues aren't causing you too much stress!

xo

#27 tweetz

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Pink Survivor - Can you please update my details to Due Date: 28th September (rather than 26th) and Gender: Boy

Feels like it's been awhile since I last posted. I have been reading through the thread at work but haven't been able to post.

I've been thinking there's plenty of time before bubs arrives, but all the talk about how many weeks of work left and the birth has made me realise it will be here soon. Granted I am due at the end of September so have a little longer to go than most in this DIG.
I'm also starting to get nervous about work as nothing seems to be happening regarding finding a replacement for my role.

Have been slowly progressing with things around the house and in what will be the nursery...the key word being slowly. We've also bought a few little things in the various sales.

Over the last week I've suddenly felt BIGGER even though I haven't gotten any (or much) bigger in reality. I'm also finding standing up and walking around is becoming more exhausting...I don't want to think what it will get like when I do get bigger.

I haven't had any leaky breasts or the need for liners. What I am finding annoying is the back and forth between constipation and diahorea. I've been like that most of the pregnancy.

Sorry to hear about those with difficult pregnancies. It does make me appreciate the fact that mine has been relatively straight forward...touch wood.
Take care everyone!

#28 heliwifeBecG

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

hi all,

glad to hear everyone is travelling well.

everyone should check out www.bonds.com.au they are having a massive online sale - i picked up onesies for $6.00 and they are now sold out but they keep adding new items. 40% off and bonds last foever!

#29 BigMumaBear

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Ohh, thanks heliwifeBecG. I went crazy last week at target when they had 50% off bonds for one day only!

Bonds stuff is fantastic original.gif

#30 McBaby's Mum

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit quite. Had a huge month.  But I've finally finished my last uni exam! Baby was kicking the hell out of my bladder for the full 3 hours and 10 minutes and I had to go to the toilet 4 times. I'm sure the examiner thought I was cheating. lol! I feel like a huge load of pressure is now off my back, and I can come home from work and relax.

All is well, I'm 27 weeks along and getting so many kicks, kicks and movements that can even be seen by an outsider. It's truly amazing.

Today I have been able to catch up on posts.... purely because I'm house bound and trapped in my little town due to the Victoria Gippsland floods. But all is well. I'm next to the fire with my beautiful dogs. My poor husband is beside himself with anxiety about us being trapped, but he returns home from offshore next week.

My border collie is terrified listening to all the helicopters overhead. But at least we now have electricity.
Catriving: You need to write a book, I can relate to the sleeping routine and waddling. lol!
Take care girls, bec xox

#31 red2012

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Morning ladies,
McBabys mum isn't it amazing when other people notice! I'm 26 weeks and sitting at dinner a few days ago a friend said ummm I think your stomach just moved! It's become a common thing the last few weeks so I don't think it really hits us till someone notices. I think my placenta might be at the back though.
Em-K yes we looked at the peach at the baby show too. It really was amazing to push.although its certainly expensive I think we will go with it. I'm keen to get the bassinet too despite the price as I think I'll use it. Living inner city I never drive and having an easy pram will be crucial I think plus the option of turning into a double is a bonus. DF doesnt care as long as I get what I want and Im yet to see another that really compares though open to suggestions.
Sorry to hear about everyone's difficulties with antenatal appts etc. I have no idea about c-sections so I am no help there. I'm hoping I won't have to have one but you never know what will happen on the day. I would love to have no pain relief too but I'm guessing I'll be begging for that epidural when the time comes lol.
AFM I seem to be getting bigger by the day my mum couldn't believe the difference from the weekend yesterday. I'm certainly feeling it too my bump seems to have dropped slightly and I feel like I'm starting to waddle. I have a rash all over my stomach that popped up over night but no stretch marks yet fingers crossed. By the end of the day I feel like I'm ready to explode and so tired and still three months and so much growing to go!! But never mind the reward will be worth it.
Hoping everyone is coping well with work/kids/uni etc.

Red x

#32 Rach42

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

red2012 For my last birth I used gas and was positive I wouldn't need anything else.  At one stage I did ask for an epidural but by that time it was too late as they won't give it to you after a certain stage.  I'm actually glad that it was too late - I wasn't at the time though! laughing2.gif  It won't surprise me if I ask for one again but fingers crossed it is too late again by the time I do.

AFM I am feeling really big too but other people don't seem to think I am.  Moving around is getting more difficult and bending over - forget it!  I'm finding it hard to get comfortable in bed too - I might have to try some extra pillows to support myself somehow.  

When does 3rd trimester start?  I was trying to figure it out but gave up because 40 weeks doesn't divide into 3!  I'm 24 weeks on Saturday so wondering if next week I'm in my last trimester or not???  Not that it really matter - just curious.

I've been looking at the Combi strollers and think I'm going to go for one of those.  I love the way they fold - one handed and then free standing - and they are supposedly compact enough for a small car boot - I'll try it first before I buy.  Plus they have a reversible handle so I'll be able to have bub facing me at first!  I didn't have that option with my DSs stroller so it will be a new experience original.gif

#33 Em-K

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

red2012 I completely agree, we fell in love with it as well and like you haven't been able to find one that compares (except maybe the Bugaboo Donkey, but I am not a fan of how wide it is when it is a double pram). My husband has fallen in love with it too, it was really sweet watching him get so into trying out the pram and doing research into it etc. A quick thing to look into if you are going to buy the bassinet as well and later buy the converter to make it a double pram, we found it was the same price to buy that as it was to buy the iCandy Peach Blossom twin set were for the exact same price you get 2 seats, 2 bassinets and the converter. Which means in the long run you will have every combination possible and won't need to buy the second seat when baby number 2 is out of the bassinet but baby 1 still wants to be in the pram. Also if you do buy the bassinet and have intentions on using it as a double pram later down the track there is a slightly different shaped bassinet for the double version, then what is used in the single version. As if you buy the single version only bassinet you won't be able to use it to convert into a double as it is the wrong shape. Just a couple if things to look into, if you go to a baby store they will be able to explain and show it all to you and being close to end of financial year might have a sale on them at the moment. Good Luck!!

#34 mummaniki

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hi all A few questions i have and im hoping this is where i will get some answers it seems everyone is so lovely and friendly. Im in Melbourne in the western suburbs first time mum to be original.gif (cant help but smile everytime i say it) My midwife has informed me to book my antenatal classes im 27 weeks on tuesday, however im not sure where, im having my bub at sunshine hospital and they have told me they no longer do them and they use Tweedle, Im not sure if this is my only option or if anyone else knows anywhere  else i could go???

Another question; In the middle of my chest just under my breast line i have this sensitve spot it feels like its sunburnt there is no difference in the colour of the skin it looks normal but is soooooo sensitive.. ouch... is anyone else experiencing this?

I do have my next midwife appointment on wednesday so of course will let her know.

Hope everyone is enjoying this amazing time as we all start to pop that little bit more original.gif

#35 deedee70

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Rach42...3rd trimester starts at 27 weeks I believe! Not long now!!
I too, am feeling big and uncomfortable, trying to remember to be positive and to enjoy every kick and twinge and the heartburn and the aches etc etc as this is the last time!!

#36 heliwifeBecG

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

hi all,

I have started getting really bad cramps in my calves. I get rudely awoken because of them and by golly gosh they hurt. The first time it happened, lucky hubby was home so he was able to massage it out. Have had 2 times its happened and he hasn't been home (works out bush alot and is very rarely home. sad.gif ) and its so hard to get rid of them by myself. breath through and rub is all you can do i guess.
A few nights ago it happened in both legs... I have been researching and other websites say its common and my sister in law is having it happen too. She is 2 wks ahead of me. Do many others get this also??

Other than that and sleepless nights, everythign else is going pretty well i guess.

Thankfully I haven't had an constipation and only diahorrea when something Ive eaten isnt agreeing with me. I do drink lots and lots and lots of water though - always have, so maybe that has something to do with the no constipation?? Fingers crossed i don't get it.

No stretchies yet either....im sure they are just around the corner though. I have been lathering the nutri rich oil all over belly and boobs so hopefully it helps a bit. rolleyes.gif

my belly has popped lots but yesterday it was really big and really poking out, but this mroning its gone smaller again. so many people commented today saying oh wow you are still so small...i dont feel it! finding it quite uncomfortable to even walk sometimes and getting very short of breath.

Lots of kicks and turns happening from the little miss. some kicks have been so hard my belly moves because of it - hehe so cute.

my pram and car seat arrived on tuesday so I have been busy busy bbrrmm bbrrmming around the house with the pram - so excited to use it. biggrin.gif i must look like a nutter. LOL.

I get to pick up cot and changetable this weekend too...everything is coming together! I can't wait - I just want the little lady here already (ready of course.)

Best of luck to everyone

Bec

#37 mummaniki

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

i get the cramps too in my calves ouchy, first time i got them i was visiting my partners family interstate and woke in the middle of the night and screamed in pain felt as if my leg was broken but it passes i find now if i feel it starting to cramp i quickly flex my toes up and it goes away original.gif hope that helps

#38 Miss S

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hi all

I cant believe just how organised all of you are, if my baby came out now it would have to stay nude with no where to sleep happy.gif I ended up in the hospital on Tue with really bad lower abdominal pain but they decided it was just the scar tissue from my c/s stretching and not to worry to much about it unsure.gif I dont think it helps that this is one busy baby, she hardly stops squirming all day and while it is very reassuring now I hope it changes once she is born original.gif I am nearly finished with all of my blood tests thank goodness, I am sick of being stuck with needles, but the good news is I don't have GD and my TSH levels are starting to even out, I have to go for a scan in 2 wks so they can make sure the baby's thyroid is ok but they are pretty sure she is fine because if the Graves had been passed on it would elevate her heart rate but it's a steady 155 bpm.

Rach42 have you tried a body pillow ? They are great for between your knees and under your belly all at the same time and if you need to sit up just fold it in half and prop yourself up.

Enjoy the rest of your day

xxx Susan

#39 BumpedUp

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Morning Ladies

YAY for friday and the long weekend!

Red: Hubby and I decided on the bugaboo cameleon instead of the Icandy. They icandy was a bit heavy for me to lift in and out of the car and there was a few little features that I thought it was missing. We got the bug on special for $1200 so was pretty happy with that. Where you going to North Shore private? We are doing our classes in July too, wouldnt it be funny if we were in the same class. Ours are on the 21 & 28th of July.

Pink: How are you? Hope you are ok.

BigMumaBear: Hopefully your BP settles back down for your next appt.

Wanttobeamummy: Hopefully the results all come back clear for you.

Em-K: You poor thing, sounds like you have had a miserable couple of weeks. Hopefully you are on the mend now. Im feeling huge too, can hardly bend down. Will have to put a bump pic up.

Mks81: Yay for having a girl. I think more of us in here are having girls than boys!

Sar: It is exciting when you order the big items. Mine will be delivered in a few wks.

Tweetz: Im the same at work, they are fluffing around and havent even advertised yet. I think they are still in denial that I will be leaving!

McBaby's Mum: Yay for finishing your uni exams, that must be weight lifted off you.

Rach: Im all for the epi if I need it! 3rd trimester starts on wk 27. OMG, Im in the 3rd trimester on Sunday!

Heliwife: Ive been getting calf cramps too and they are just so annoying. Im pretty sure its normal!

Miss S: I have graves also and they didnt say anything to me about having a scan to check thyriod. Do you still  have your thyroid? I dont, so maybe thats why... I have to have bloods done every 3 wks to check my TSH etc and they have been checking my TRAB (Graves disease antibodies every 2 months or so) which is how they tell if the graves has been passed to bub, if your TRAB is high then you have more chance than it has... thats my understanding anyway, but will check with my endo again when I see her in fortnight.

AFM: Well officially handed in my maternity leave notice on Wednesday and I am pretty damn excited. Planning to finish work on 17 August which will give me about 3 wks at home.

Ive still only really purchased the big ticket items so should probably start thinking about the rest of the stuff I need to buy. Has anyone bought their nappy bag yet? Im looking for a really good one that will go with my pram (denim bug) so probably just a black bag, that hubby would be happy to sling over his shoulder so probably not the handbag type/ Any suggestions?

I would like to see more bump pics... how about we all upload one over the weekend?

27 wks on Sunday.. OMG!!! Time is going so quickly now!

Have a great day and long weekend everyone!

K x

#40 BigMumaBear

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Good Morning Ladies.

mummaniki - Hi, I'm in the west also and also having my bubs at Sunshine... I'm due Sep 4th. This is my third, so i am not doing classes this time round, but with my first (although this is going back 9 years) I done the classes at Werribee hospital... Maybe u can ring them and enquire?

heliwifeBecG - I've got those cramps a couple times too... Sometimes wearing socks to bed can deter them from occurring. Or IF u can manage, walking on cold tiles or lino will stop them too. So I will try to hobble to the ensuite and take it from there lol

I thought 3rd trimester began from week 28?... I'm 27.3 today so am almost there. My tummy also seemed to just 'pop' yesterday and i actually look pregnant! bubs is constantly moving about... It trips my husband out seeing my tummy moving in all directions lol although this baby seems to be sitting more to the right side, than the left biggrin.gif

I have booked a 3D/4D scan for the 23rd... So we can't wait for that! My girls are super excited and I really need to confirm bubs is definality a little girl... so i can free myself from doubt and actually start purchasing/setting up everything needed. hehe

Hoping everyone else is well. Better go entertain my children, its a 5 day weekend for them. blink.gif

#41 Miss S

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

Morning all

BumpedUp I had a complete tyhroidectomy about 6 yrs ago and had the same scans with DD 2.5 and she had to have  blood tests after she was born. I don't know whether to be a bit worried now as I just thought it was normal because of the disease unsure.gif How long have you had graves for and how bad were you before you had your thyriod out ?

#42 jess1980

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hey bumped up I'm just using a backpack this time round mainly as I'm having twins so will need to fit alot in. For my 2 daughters I've bought fancy expensive nappy bags that held hardly anything. Any sort of bag will do really. Afm it seems my ms has turned into all day sickness again I'm hoping it's only temporary!

#43 Future-self

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi everyone,
heliwifeBecG: those cramps sound awful, you poor thing. I haven't had any yet, knock wood, I don't need anything else to add to my list of uncomfortableness!

PinkS: How are you travelling? I keep thinking of you and everything you're going through on top of all the 'normal' pregnancy shenanigans.

BumpedUp Another here who can't work out this Nappy bag dilemma. I too want something that DH and I both can use but was also thinking of just having a nappy wallet in the Pram all the time for when DH needs it, and just having another Nappy wallet to use in my preexisting oversized handbags. I'm loving these two: http://www.melobaby.com/product-p/mb105.htm & http://www.urbanbaby.com.au/bbox-Nappy-Wal...r-Retro-Circles
But I don't know of I'm being ambitious about how little I'll need to be carrying around?

We were another thinking of the Icandy peach but have gone the City Select instead. It won out in the practical stakes in the end - washable seat, one handed recline, one hand fold  and I was appeased somewhat by the prettiness of the Amythest colour we're getting. I ordered it from the states so a) cheaper and b) shipping at the end of June so available sooner that AU stocks. Can't wait! eexcite.gif

VENT Ahead:
I had to see a different OB this week as my OB couldn't fit me in and I needed an extra appointment to check my Blood pressure. It was an awful appointment, within 5 mins of leaving I was sobbing in the middle of the city streets. So embrassing.  sad.gif
All this Dr kept going on about was  how it was terrible that I fell pregnant when overweight(BMI 27); that I had dared to gain weight so far this pregnancy (13 kgs, not ideal but not hideous I don't think) and the last thing she said to me was that I was "fortunate that my baby was going so well despite it's mother".  cry1.gif
I think I was in shock as I left, it wasn't until i was calling DH to tell him how I went that I got to trying to repeat the last part and starting crying. The kind of crying with noise. In the middle of the city at 11am. Luckily I was near a garden bed so sort of hid my face in a bush until I calmed down. And I will be reporting to my actual OB that I refuse to see this Dr again and will tell her why. I have never felt so belittled, so ashamed... cry1.gif

I'm well read enough to know that excess weight in pregnancy is undesirable but I don't believe that I'm sabotaging my baby. My actual Dr also felt last appointment that a few of those kgs are excess fluid due to the high Blood pressure so she wasn't concerned.

I couldn't believe it. I suddenly got some insight into exactly what people mean when they talk of a midwife, or Dr disempowering them in birth and just how vulnerable we really are. These health practitioners have such power, an evil one can really change things.

Phew, thanks for listening, sorry for the essay!

Edited by futureself, 08 June 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#44 deedee70

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

futureself....you poor thing, that Dr was an......trying to think of a polite way of saying a---hole...can't do it.
Be sure to complain about him/her, I'm absolutely shocked that someone would speak to you so rudely!
bbighug.gif

#45 jess1980

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Im actually surprised my dr hasnt said too much about my weight. He recommended I only put 10kg on but Ive put 7 on so far and im only 24 weeks but I am carrying twins. But in saying that he has not weighed me once, I was weighed when I had my booking in appt at the local hospital but thats it and I weigh 97kgs now eek! Even with my last two pregnancies I was overweight and my other dr (have to see speicalist this time round) just advised me to keep my weight down as if your bmi is too high you cant deliver at my local hospital but I never had a problem. Some drs are just ar$eholes!

#46 heliwifeBecG

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

futureself - that doctor sounds horrible. mad.gif make a complaint! you should not have to leave a doctors office feeling like you did!

Here's my rant for my horrible experience with one of the midwives at the hospital for my first shared care appointment. She was so nasty, told me I was wasting her time if I was doing shared care with a private doctor - that I should do one of the other as there are public doctors here that do the same training as what the private has blah blah blah... (meanwhile most of them are registrars and my private doctor has been delivering babies for over 10 years here in Katherine and has never had a loss)

she then went onto tell me that I can't choose my midwife and its all pot luck on who you get and was just so horrible about every question I ask.  (our hospital openly promotes shared care and creating a relationship with your doctor - private or public- and midwife before delivery) and my midwife is also a personal friend who has known me since birth...

She argued about dates of my nuchal and morphology scans and wouldn't listen to me at all. she then gave me a due date that was over a week later than the doctor and ultrasound (and my dates)... between me doc and ultrasound dates we are within 3 days of eachother! She added an additional 8 days on...I think she read her circle thingy wrong!

I pulled her up and told her to stop being so rude etc etc and she changed her tune a little, but not much. I am a pretty assertive person so I hate to think what others feel like (we have a lot of indigenous in our town who wouldn't say anything and would just take it) when they leave her... I wanted to physically fly kick her! (not that I could, or would...haha), but for me to leave feeling like that - thats pretty bad.

When it come time to check bubs heart beat, she couldn't find it! I said, I find bub sits pretty far back so you need to push a bit harder to find the heartbeat. She said "Oh don't worry your only early anyway" - um hello I was 20 friggen weeks! I wasn't too concerned because bub had been moving and kicking all day so I figured all was good... but still??

This particular midwife does the antenatal classes that I start next week... I ended up complaining about her and when I mentioned her name, the director of nursing wasn't surprised at all. That is pretty bad...in a small town like ours - and we have a really good reputation for our maternity ward. All of the other midwives are jsut so lovely. A fair few oldies too who have been in our mat ward for over 20 years so very experienced.

She will not be coming anywhere near me whilst in labour and I will be asking to see another midwife if she is also the one I get for my midwife antenatal appointments.

I have been told by other midwives that she is one of these that has never had children and is very text book orientated...only young too so not much experience!

GGGGRRRR for doctors and midwives being like this at such an important time in a womans life!

#47 mks81

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

oops. just wanting to add, yes I am suppose to book in at 36 weeks for the date of the op, not have bub at 36 weeks, (too soon, I would panic!). So has anyone else doing an elective been told they can't book in yet?

Also while I'm back replying I just want to send hugs to futureself and heliwifeBecG. I hadn't realised how much weight I had put on before this birth and have been warned by my GP and one hospital doctor about my weight. I hadn't felt bad until they had done their warning, then felt very glum all night. But I know I am pretty healthy and keeping an eye on it...meh. No need for your lot being such prigs.

Edited by mks81, 08 June 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#48 sg290780

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Miss S @ 08/06/2012, 11:37 AM)
14645720[/url]']
Morning all

BumpedUp I had a complete tyhroidectomy about 6 yrs ago and had the same scans with DD 2.5 and she had to have  blood tests after she was born. I don't know whether to be a bit worried now as I just thought it was normal because of the disease unsure.gif How long have you had graves for and how bad were you before you had your thyriod out ?

Hi miss S & bumped up; I had a total thyroidectomy due to graves when my daughters were 4 & 2, I hadn't been stable since the birth of my first daughter. I have had very regular blood tests & despite taking vitamin d every day I am still low so bub is going to get an oral dose when born. They have to assume he's been missing out & that I will be low during breastfeeding. All my other levels are staying fairly stable. I am super concerned about passing any thyroid issues on to my baby boy; it is suspected my dad & half brother had thyroid problems but being men they were never diagnosed and instead turned to drugs & alcohol. My sister also has major issues with her thyroid. All the best & would love to hear anymore info you get from your dr's

#49 McBaby's Mum

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

To futureself and heliwifeBecG,

There are many negative people cascading in this world as 'so called professionals'. That doctor and midwife, are amongst them. I have put on 10 kilos during my pregnant, since my morning sickness ceased in week 18.  And I will continue to eat whatever I want, and deal with losing the weight after bubs is born.  As long as your babies are healthy and happy, no one should really make any comments about your weight. Especially about things that cant be changed before you were pregnant. That just makes a woman feel excessively guilty and upset.  Sending lots of love and positive vibes your way for lovely professionals in your next prenatal visits.

bec xox

#50 McBaby's Mum

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

To futureself and heliwifeBecG,

There are many negative people cascading in this world as 'so called professionals'. That doctor and midwife, are amongst them. I have put on 10 kilos during my pregnant, since my morning sickness ceased in week 18.  And I will continue to eat whatever I want, and deal with losing the weight after bubs is born.  As long as your babies are healthy and happy, no one should really make any comments about your weight. Especially about things that cant be changed before you were pregnant. That just makes a woman feel excessively guilty and upset.  Sending lots of love and positive vibes your way for lovely professionals in your next prenatal visits.

bec xox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.