Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

GOLD! teehee I never get to do that anymore

#3 steen2007

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

SILVER!

Congrats Vicki! Love bubas.

#4 Beau-lea

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hi all, new to EB and just started looking around other threads after posting in the Jan 2013 due thread.
My husband is Army based at Amberly Base in Ipswich, Brisbane. We have been here for 4 years now on a back to back posting and dont plan to leave, husband is going to core transfer to see his 20 years out in Brissy and we just love it here.
Does anyone know of an army/raaf mothers group in Ipswich/Brisbane? I might be keen to join as I am first time mum and dont have many friends with babies.

#5 *MrsA*

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi All,

Thanks Kaishra and Steen, can't believe he will be 7 weeks old this week!!

Welcome *Mrs Puddles* and JixxerBeau. How is Perth treating you Mrs Puddles? we would love to be posted to Perth (maybe if we are lucky), We have just come to RAAF Edinburgh (from Brissy) although hubby is Army.

Very jealous JixxerBeau!! We only got 12 mths in Brissy chose to come her for deployment opportunity but i must say i am missing Brisbane!!!!, We are originally from NSW and I've forgotten what cold is!!

Just a question for the experienced defence ladies - hubby is going o/s at the end of the year for prob 8 mths - i'm thinking of bunking in with my parents back in nsw while he's away as i have noone here and think it'd be good to be with family esp with a new baby/toddler - he's mentioned the possibility of being entitled to a move if the trip is over 8 mths - how does this work if indeed at all? Im not keen on leaving my house sitting here for 8 mths.

Anyway better get some housework done before bub wakes.

xo

Vicki

#6 oneblueonly

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hi Everyone,
I havent been on here in ages and ages but I really need some advise :-) My DH is Army coming up 14 years we have been in Puckapunyal for 2 and half years.
DH trade transfered late last year and moved to Albury/Wodonga 3 hours away. Our Son aged 12 was and is very settled in school and as we new DH would be posting mid 2013 we didnt want to disrupt his education for 18months to only move again.
If you have got this far Thank You :-)
So my question is is there any way of moving at the end of the year to the location DH will get posted to 6 months later (mid 2013).
Our son will be starting high school and I want him to start and stay in the one school and not have to live apart from DH any longer than we have too.
I wont move our son mid year so if they dont let us move at the end of the year it means another 12 months with out DH and I just dont want to think of that.
I know we have chosen to live apart but I honestly know its the best thing for our son as he takes a good 12 months to resettle into a new area.
Any advise or thoughts would be much appriated,
Thanks so much everyone, Springa

Edited by oneblueonly, 22 June 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#7 *MrsA*

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Thanks Mrs Puddles, Yes we are currently in a DHA house. The idea of packing up again 8 mths after getting here isn't high on my list of things to do. But i wont feel comfortable leaving everything here for 8mths when there's no one to come and check on the place.

Thanks for the information, ill get DH to look into it when he returns to work on Monday. You can't get much further away than Perth!! I'm originally from NSW but we'll eventually settle in QLD i think.

Hi Springa, hopefully one of the other ladies will be able to help you, as I've got no idea - still trying to get my head around it all.

#8 oneblueonly

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thanks so much Mrs Puddles, I will give DHA ago on Monday :-)  
Thanks MrsA for trying to read through.
I was just feeling very lost and remembered you girls on here. Thanks sooo much for giving me another idea to follow up.
Ill let you all know how I go with DHA :-)  it may come in handy for someone else one day. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and feel free to let me know any other ideas or if you know anyone that tried to move ahead of there partner :-) Thanks again your all wonderful

#9 Cheryl_v

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Removals are no longer organised through DHA, you will need to contact Toll instead.  They are being very very strict about applying PACMAN so make sure you have done your research before you call - the relevant section you want is here, part 6.6.25 but I read that as saying you can move at own expense and be reimbursed afterwards.

ETA It really will depend on the posting order, if you have the posting order moving earlier is easier because you just write the effective dates you want on your AFR. Toll doesn't care if you move earlier than the start date of the position as long as you aren't asking them for money to travel back to your losing locality. Moving before a posting order is much harder.

Edited by Cheryl_v, 22 June 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#10 steen2007

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hi All,

DH starts a 6 month course in Pucka next month. We are thinking of spending some time visiting. Just wondering of you could recommend somewhere child friendly to stay??

Thanks

#11 chartun

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

howdy. my name is charlene and my hubby,myself and our 3 girls moved from adelaide to perth at the beginning of the year. i am from adelaide and hubby is originally from WA. this is our 1st interstate posting in 15yrs. hubby is at pearce.

hoping to chat to other partners and make some new friends.

charlene cool.gif

#12 kaishra

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hi Charlene, we did Pearce, it's not high on our list of places to go back to but since moving to Katherine it's jumped higher on my list!

#13 anna-wa

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thought I would swing by, once again it's been months ..

Hope everyone is well .. hi to the new members.

Hubby is Navy and this is his 23rd year, 'retiring' at the end of the year and moving from Rockingham WA to Cairns Qld as our last Commonwealth paid removal.
We have a 15yo son, 13yo daughter and 5yo daughter .. 3 cats and 1 dog.  

Love living in WA .. beautiful coast and love the people here.  I've settled so will be hard to leave but have to be positive eh.

..nothing new this end of the woods though.. hubby doing a course to help with his qualifications ..Defence paying of course and he's actually the smartest in the class and had to have a day off here and there because the others are not quite that clever ie English not their first language and not quite understanding what they have to do.

I'm not sure what area of Cairns we will rent in (and hopefully buy 6mths later)  .. Edmonton is on the cards as we were in Centenary Heights back in 2000 which is now Mt Sheridan.  The houses to rent for a newish or new 4x2 is dirt cheap and houses to buy of similar are cheaper by $100,000 of what is paid here in Rockingham for the same.   If we do reside in Edmonton, the kids will go to Bentley Park College .. which is freaky since our son began his schooling years there 11yrs ago.

Since I posted last we have moved from our old house leased to DHA which is 20yrs old and into a brand spanking new never lived in before duplex house.  Lovely place and we have nice neighbours too .. and so so quiet around here.  The previous house is up for sale.  Think they will have a hard time selling as they haven't upgraded the kitchen or garage doors and everything is as we left it except for a paint job and new carpet.  Good luck to them.
This new house as gorgeous as it is has precious walls.. dare you lean anything on it and it's marked .. powdery walls under the paint.  Love it though.  Cats are now inside cats .. Wilson our 10yo cat is only allowed in the backyard as is Bailey.  They won't jump fences, Wilson can't and Bailey is too scared .. 16yo Millie just stays inside in Eve's room.  Ventures to the kitty litter and for her food in the laundry and then back to the bedroom again.  I take my 5yo dog for walks in the morning along the pathway beside the beach .. closer to the beach than we were before ...by a few mins walk lol.

Sunday trading for our local shopping centre is the excitement of the day .. not that I'd go but the option is there.  WA takes a while to get things done, hopefully within 10yrs they will get underground power lines like in Darwin ....wishful thinking.

ok .. signing out.

#14 LoveMyLife

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi, I thought I would introduce myself on here.

DH is in RAAF, currently at Amberley, but were posting to Tindal in March next year.
I have a 13 month DD, and currently cooking a little brother or sister!

Hi to Jixx (same DIG), and Kaishra, saw a couple of familiar names ant thought I would say hi  wink.gif

#15 kaishra

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

biggrin.gif

#16 lola_80

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

How are you all going? Been ages since I have posted.. busy working, travelling back to see family and friends and stuck in the usual school term. rolleyes.gif

#17 kaishra

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Does anyone know where I can find the regulation that if you have 28+ days off through sickleave you must be admitted to hospital? And does anyone know if there's a clause in it about Dr's dragging their feet being the cause of said time off? And then can someone tell me why my husband is in hospital when he doesn't need to be and hasn't even reached 28 days off?

This place sucks and i want out.

Who do I have to talk to about MWD(S)?

#18 steen2007

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Oh Kaishra, that sucks.
We are currently MWD(s) and I think you would be able to get it if you talk to the CO or get DCO on the case??
We move at the end of the year to be together, so can't wait but happy that we stayed where my parents are.

#19 kaishra

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

thanks for that Steen, wont be needing it now, I'm off on Friday to drive up there to take him to or from his appointment then bring him home Saturday original.gif
We wouldn't have gone MWD(s) cause when I told him about it he said he would discharge.

And if anyone ever tells you that if you have 28 days off work in the ADF you will be admitted to hospital tell them to pull their head out of their butt cause IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!
Yet again another lie from the Dr!

#20 kaishra

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

so where will you post to Mrs Puddles?

#21 kaishra

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

lol the joys of adf life

#22 kaishra

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

That's awesome news original.gif

#23 kaishra

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

lol can't help there, we were at Amberley so I only know Ipswich Hospital

#24 *MrsA*

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi Mrs Puddles, congrats on the posting and getting to go home! We've just posted from Enoggera this year and when we were looking at house the only area available at the time was North Lakes - it is a lovely area about 28 ks north of the base. New house and we had a decent backyard. The only issue we had was the traffic!!!!!! It was a horrendous!!! It could take me some days nearly 2 hours to to 28 kms, I ended up leaving really early to get to work (like 530!) still can't get over the amount of traffic.

Houses closer to the base were usually townhouses with not much of at yard and very close to
the neighbors. As for hospitals what about the Royal Woman's? near the RNA?nJust a suggestion for you, Maybe tiy current ob can give recommendations for someone over there?. Good luck with it all, I miss Brissy sad.gif

#25 kaishra

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

if you lived in the middle sorry i've gone blank on the name of the place, it wouldn't be too bad for either of you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.