EB Military Families #76

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#126 76 others

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

I'll pm you the suburb.

#127 Persnickety_

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

Wow, Penang.  That is awesome, what an adventure!

I'm dreading posting because of all the horror stories you hear on FB lol

Darwin/Tindal is definitely a culture shock.  The humidity is crazy, I was pregnant for most of our posting up there (2 babies and a m/c) so needless to say I was a fat, hot pregnant cranky pants lol

I have a question. Has anyone had experience with remustering/commissioning?  My husband is seriously thinking of trying for Air traffic control or electrical engineering officer.  He has an electrical background and I think he would do well with either of those choices but it is such a big change.  I'd love to hear any experiences.  Pm me if you'd like.

#128 76 others

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

Wow Penang. Sorry, I only quickly read your first line before because I was rushing out when I replied. I would be so nervous. What a change!

#129 4littlemonkeys

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Persnickety_ - My hubby is an Electronics Engineer in the RAAF and commissioned from SGT.  He was a CETECH before commissioning.  He has done very well for himself so far and loves his job since commissioning.  If your DH wants more details please let me know as my DH would be more than happy to discuss with him.   The best bit about troops commissioning is that they are good bosses!  I know my DH is well respected by his guys as he is down to earth and friendly and not a stereotypical officer iykwim.  

I get so excited posting as I love change and get such itchy feet, but I do get nervous about our stuff being broken and about DHA. They can be so painful. So happy to not be worrying about them when we are in Malaysia!

Yeah Darwin/Tindal can be a shock - I have loved Darwin though and will miss it when we move.

#130 Persnickety_

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hi again

That would be great. DH said he'd love to flick him an email to see if he has any hints or tips for him if your DH doesn't mind?

#131 4littlemonkeys

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Sure thing!!  I'll pm you his email :).

Edited by Surprise#4, 13 July 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#132 Persnickety_

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

That would be great. Thanks :)

#133 Mumofboys3

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Good morning all,

Good luck 76 Feral with the move today and I hope your travels are car sick free!

Penang I had friends do a posting over there and loved it.

Well better get back to the packing/cleaning/decluttering. Monday will get here to fast other wise!!

#134 76 others

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Thank you! We are 2 days in now and gave done about 1500 kms. We are at my sisters house right now and we are just doing a short drive this afternoon. 4  hours short that is lol. DD was throwing up half hour into the trip and continued the whole first day, but yesterday was flat straight roads so it was vomit free. Im exhausted already but it hasn't been that bad.
We also only have half our Toll money for travel. DH is going to contact them because we used a but getting a service and new tyres and tip runs before we had even left.

#135 Mumofboys3

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

Well done on second day spew free hope the rest of your travel is strait :D We have had to do the same with some of our money too. It's a must the service and tyres with how far we are both driving!

Have fun :D

#136 Mumofboys3

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

Hi all,
Just a little update we have made it to Katherine. Two more weeks until we have a house, but that's ok. The boys traveled well and we had a nice four day break in Darwin. So loved the wave pool and was very happy with price.
Now we just need to get kids into school and youngest into daycare. Then we can get back to normal.

Cheers Patty

#137 76 others

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Update here too. We had a good drive. Dd didn't spew for the rest of the trip thank god! They were pretty awesome in the car and we made the most of it. Been here for a week and a half and just moved into our house today. No more hotel housekeeping :( the house is gorgeous although a bomb site right now.
All is well and it's beautiful here.

#138 ~A2~

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.