Do you have Stretch Marks yet?
Or has your belly button popped?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 blanky88

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm due in September (currently 29 weeks) and haven't got stretch marks yet.

This is my first child and I'm absolutely dreading getting them!!

Just wondering whether you can tell me if you have them yet or when you got them for previous pregnancies.

I've been religiously rubbing Bio-Oil on my tummy twice a day since i found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks.

While I think of it, has your belly button popped out? Does it ALWAYS pop out or only on some people? Mine hasn't popped out yet either, although it does look quite 'flat' at times and not so much of an 'innie' anymore.

Thanks original.gif

#2 tibs

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and no stretchmarks here either.  This is my 3rd pregnancy and I never got a single stretchmark in either of the other 2, even though my second was a 9 pounder!

My belly button hasn't popped out but it didn't with my other 2 so I'm not expecting it to this time either.  It is still an innie but much flatter than usual of course original.gif

#3 MKTWINS

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

No stretch marks this pregnancy (I'm 27 weeks) and no stretch marks last pregnancy with twins. My belly button popped both times.

#4 LouwithTwo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Second time here!
No stretch marks the first time - though I was tiny. I'm 30w + 2 and already as big as I was full term with my last... so we'll see.
I used Bio-oil too when I remembered, though under no illusion that is was a miracle worker - I was just as worried about the itchy skin and aftermath.

Belly button didn't pop out with the first - just sort of went flat - and again is sort of flat atm.

Time will tell!!!

10 weeks to go! :-)

#5 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

No stretch marks here either, I'm 28 and 2. I asked my mum she said she Only got them in the last week! My belly button is still in, but only just, I think it depends how deep your inny was in the first place and how big you get???The most bizarre thing I can see is the big blue veins all over my body, if I look at myself in the buff, I look like I'm wearing the worlds largest spiderman outfit!

#6 Future-self

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (ejfingerscrossed @ 29/06/2012, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The most bizarre thing I can see is the big blue veins all over my body, if I look at myself in the buff, I look like I'm wearing the worlds largest spiderman outfit!

laugh.gif I hear you there! I'm very pale so obviously it shows up more.
No new stretch marks here (I had some from weight gain a few years ago) and DH and I are watching my belly button with interest, he is so eager for it to pop out but alas, not yet. I won't tell him that it may not, he'll be too disappointed!

#7 jess1980

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have stretchmarks on my stretchmarks but I am expecting twins, its my 3rd pregnancy and I already had some from when i was young and very overweight. Didnt think they were to bad until I took a picture of my belly not a pretty sight!

#8 louiseos

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Like most of you, first pregnancy and religiously rubbing in the bio-oil. No stretch marks on the tummy (yet), but looks like there may be one starting on my boob, which is to be expected but slightly disheartening given the money I've spent on maternity support bras. Ah well, if thats the worst I have to deal with . . . right?? original.gif

My belly hasn't popped just yet, but it is no longer an innie - probably more flat like the rest of you.

I love the comment about the spiderman outfit . . I must be your twin!!

biggrin.gif

#9 tinkster23

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

Baby #3 here and my belly button hasn't popped in any pregnancy. I don't think I've added any stretch marks either, I had some before babies from puberty but nothing too bad

I don't know that bio oil or anything else for that matter will make much difference, from everything I've read it's largely a question of genetics, and you'll get them either way if you're going to.

#10 klr70

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

I didn't get any stretch marks until about 36 weeks pregnant... then I got a big swirl of them around my belly button. 9 months later & they've faded a lot & are barely noticeable.

My DH was also adamant that my belly button would "pop" & my "innie" would become an "outie"  biggrin.gif  Nope, didn't happen - my belly button just went kind of "flat", like PPs have described. DH was very disappointed! (He was also disappointed that we didn't get to re-enact the Malteser ad, but bubby just wasn't in to those kind of kicks!)

I'm also pale & had the "blue vein" thing going on... though mine looked more like a roadmap than a Spidy outfit  tongue.gif

#11 *littlemiracles*

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

Belly button hasn't popped but is very flat at the moment. I am 28 weeks now. Popped in last few weeks last time. Blue veins - everywhere!!! LOL love the spiderman comment! No stretch marks to be seen here either. This is my second pregnancy and the only one I got last time was right at the end where my belly button ring hole was. I took it out around 30 weeks and noticed stretch mark around 36 weeks. I use the cocoa butter stretch mark cream but in all reality if you are going to get them theres not much you can do! Just embrace it all as part of the joy of pregnancy :-)

#12 Catirving

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm 32 weeks today and totally prone to stretchmarks - I have them on my thighs, bum and boobs from simply growing in puberty. None yet...but I completely expect them sometime soon.

And my previously very deep belly button has flattened, with just a little kind of pinched dimple where my belly ring caused a little fold. I do sometimes see feet kicking through the softer belly button part - it's hilarious! I took the ring out years ago.

#13 Sar333

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi all,

am 30 wks today with baby no. 1 and my belly button popped out more than a month ago, have always had an innie but a pretty shallow one so maybe it popped easier! It looks pretty funny, especially when the baby kicks it and it pops out further! I have a friend who when pregnant could push hers in with her finger and push it out again, great party trick wink.gif

I got some stretch marls on the underside of my boobs a couple of weeks ago, you can only see them if you lift them up but I'm sure more will come, they are very common in my family, on my belly I have a stretch mark where my belly ring used to be but nowhere else yet... Have been using a moisturising cream to help the itchiness but haven't bothered with bio oil or anything like that, everyone seems to think it's a waste of time... I have heard that it is quite useful for helping the stretch marks fade quickly afterwards though so who who knows, maybe I should get some!

#14 Indigoems

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hi First bub due on Sept 1st 32 weeks

I have only a few little stretch marks on my belly and my button hasn't popped out but its shrunken makes me laugh ! I have been using dermaVeen shower wash normally... I am not sure if this has helped or I am just lucky. I have strechmarks on my boobs but they have faded on my thighs. The little ones on my tum are purpley... Apparently now is the time to get them  so fingers crossed they stay away.. biggrin.gif

But remember its like earning your stripes !

#15 Anne2663

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hi all,
I'm 32 weeks and covered in stretch marks! I'd say I have close to 30 on my stomach and they have just started on my breasts and thighs.My first ones appeared at about 23 weeks, I knew I was doomed though we have BAD skin in my family.
My belly button is still an innie just!

#16 yellow10

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hey just joined the forum and finally got time to relax with uni nearly wrapped up before I have the baby, I already have stretch marks from last preg, not too bad they did fade very well and was able to wear bikinis again but they are going red again now sad.gif, getting very big just dont want any new ones. But at this rate I think I will, 32 weeks and looking like I am 35weeks compared to last time.

oh and my belly button has popped out a bit too, never did last time. Hubby likes to pick on it haha

#17 Supermummy19

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

34 weeks pregnant and I have a few on my butt and my boobs, but barely noticeable and none on my stomach!! I don't know if I'm weird but my belly has been popped since I was 20 weeks, and I didn't even have much of a belly... Whenever I laugh it pops out even more.. hubby loves it.. I hate it!! lol

Getting to the point where I am literally counting down seconds.. I can't wait another 6 weeks sad.gif This part feels longer than the whole pregnancy!! wacko.gif

#18 HeartMyBoys

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ive had 2 9 pounders and not a single stretch mark. I rubbed cocoa butter on my belly every day during pregnancy. I have heard though, that its a genetic thing. Dont know if its true but my mum, and her mum and sister didnt get them. My cousin didnt either.

#19 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hi, I take back my earlier comments, I'm now 32 weeks and today I was trying on some new leggings and I realized that I have a bunch on the underside of my belly, it occurs to me it's been a whole since I've seen the underside of my belly, I also have a few on my hips, where I have had them before! Oh well, earned my stripes, a sign of a big whopping healthy baby! I'll take the stripes any day!

#20 Morti

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

I got stretchmarks on my boobs and hips during second trimester in my first couple of pregnancies, which have long since faded, but never any on my tummy.  This time around I haven't gotten any new ones and my old ones haven't resurfaced (they're still faded and barely noticable, just as they were before this pregnancy).  

At 35 weeks now, my belly button is definitely quite an outie, and has been for a few weeks.  blush.gif

#21 Catirving

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Quick update: 36 1/2 weeks and still no stretch marks.

Can it be that I will escape them? Oh, I sincerely hope so! I have ladders of them on my thighs, and across my hips and bum from when I was about 15 - I am hoping to not add to the collection.

#22 louiseos

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Catirving - lucky you not having anything yet!!!!  

Like most people I too have some around hips/bum, but I didn't really count those as a result of pregnancy cause they've always been there!

My update - nothing noticeable on the belly yet, but the boob one has gotten bigger and 'deeper' - you can actually feel it when you touch it - yucky, but again my motto is, if that's the worst thing that I have to deal with, then I'll be ok!

original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.