Due In Sept 2012 Chat Thread #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#101 yellow10

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hi, I wanted to join the due in sept group,  finally got a bit of time to relax and spend on the computer.

Wow someone has had their september baby, congratulations.

I hope to be able to read up on some post and contribute a bit before september, can't believe how close it is, i think I have been living in denial and been too busy to focus on the pregnancy and my toddler is entering the terrible 2's argh.

Hope everyone is well.

#102 Catirving

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Congratulations, jodiecorinne! I hope you have your Tigerlily home before long - and beautiful name, by the way.

As for me, I only have two more days of work left (yay!), and because we have a brand new mattress, I've just re-made the bed with a big strip of thick plastic (it came wrapped around the mattress) under my side, 'cause I'm completely freaked out about my waters breaking at night. OK, I admit, I'm freaked out about my waters breaking at all. There are also two towels over it, but unfortunately it still sounds like I'm sleeping on plastic.

We've just started noticing little pulsing motions from the bub - the web reckons it could be she's crying or practicing breathing. Weird and sweet at the same time.

#103 Morti

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

Welcome, Yellow10! original.gif  What's your due date?

QUOTE (Catirving @ 08/08/2012, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've just started noticing little pulsing motions from the bub - the web reckons it could be she's crying or practicing breathing. Weird and sweet at the same time.

Is it not the hiccups?  My little boy is still getting them at least a few times a day (and has been since about 28 weeks).... I love it!  biggrin.gif

I don't know the purpose of prenatal hiccups in bubs, but I always just assumed that they function to strengthen the lungs in preparation for breathing.  Does anyone know if this is true or not?  If it is, this baby of mine is going to have mammoth strong lungs! laugh.gif

I hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy. original.gif  My husband is away on business in Italy atm, so I'm really hoping that I won't go into early labour.... I'm only concerned because for the last few nights I've had episodes of pre-labour that last for many hours at a time.... I keep getting woken through the night with quite strong and painful, yet irregular and short contractions.  The feeling is quite different to the Braxton Hick's I've been getting for months already now. And baby's head is unmistakably engaged now so I can feel much pressure on my pelvic floors. (Although I think that at this stage baby can still disengage again?)  No show yet though, so I'm hoping that's a sign that labour is still well over a week away.

I'm starting to freak out a little about the birth and about having a newborn again.  It feels like forever ago that I last had a little baby!!

Oh well, ciao for now, girls! original.gif

Edited by Morti, 09 August 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#104 yellow10

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Morti, my due date is 17th september.

I have been feeling braxton hicks for ages now too, but I have noticed some feel as though they are pushing the baby down, and my mum today said I hadn't grown but i had dropped a bit. So hopefully its all preparation for the big day. But yes I think the baby can disengage.....argh its all such a waiting game, and not knowing when it will happen.

Catirving - I totally understand about protecting your new mattress, we need to get a new one but might wait till after labour.

I think I am getting sick, we just cant shake this flu bug, been on and off for the last couple of months in our house. Luckily its hasnt affected us too much just want us all to be healthy though.

#105 Catirving

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Defiantly not the hiccups, Morti. She gets them most days, and they can just as annoying as when I have them! This is new - we even took my pulse while they were happening, to make sure it was her, not me.

Yesterday, the baby seemed to sleep most of the day, today she's barely slept at all and is pushing and shoving all day, a very uncomfortable day. Can't wait to finish work tomorrow!

#106 frenchie974

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi there everyone!
I have been reading the posts for a few weeks now but this is my first time joining in...I figured it is about time!
This thread has been fantastic help for me being a first time expectant mum.
I am due on Sept 14th with my first who will be adding to us and his 2 step brothers who live with us...we are very excited!

I am getting so jealous of people finishing work...though it is totally up to me...I still have another 3 weeks to go and it's not getting easier especially with worsening SPD...I have decided that as long as I can walk without crying then I can drag myself to work. I guess I am a bit worried that i would be too bored spending the next 5 weeks at home, though a lot of people have told me it would be the opposite. Oh well, one day at a time!

Can hardly believe that we are almost half way through August and our due month is so close now!
Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

#107 Future-self

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (frenchie974 @ 10/08/2012, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am getting so jealous of people finishing work...though it is totally up to me...I still have another 3 weeks to go and it's not getting easier especially with worsening SPD...I have decided that as long as I can walk without crying then I can drag myself to work.

That was my criteria too - hence why I'm now on early leave! I've found the SPD sooo much better since, I'm so glad I finished up early. I've still got so much sorting and organising of the Nursery and rest of the apartment to do so it's not like I have a chance to be bored. My aim is to have everything done - including hospital bag packed by 36 weeks and then I plan on going out to coffee lots, go to the movies, read lots of books and SLEEP!

Had my last antenatal class at the Hospital last night, I really enjoyed them and feel quite on top of things, at least for the moment! DH liked them too and it raised things that he didn't know but I didn't realise he didn't know which was good, we've had lots to talk about. My BP is still a little high but holding which is good, still doing the weekly bloods and urine testing for PE so I feel better  being monitored so closely. Reflux has eased now that the OB put me on Zantc - oh sweet relief, I actually had a proper nights sleep.

I was uber anxious the last week or so, a lack of sleep I think combined with stresses like my friends death, StepDads cancer and buying a house but I just became convinced that Baby should come out NOW, it was too precarious in there, too risky and what if I can't take care of it properly inside anymore??? DH was away for work, I was tired and upset and just had a freak out I think. Still, I don't know how I can do this for 5.5-7.5 more weeks - constantly counting movements, and WORRYING. Is anyone else suddenly really paranoid and anxious about baby's health and wellbeing??

Well I'm in housewife mode and making a Beef Pie and some raspberry friands for dinner with friends tonight so I better dash. Hope you're all travelling well  original.gif

#108 jess1980

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

My babies are moving non stop its starting to get painful. Im just trying to relax and keep my babies in for at least 3 more weeks. Because if I need to have them before 36weeks ill get sent 6 hours away and with 2 kids its really not a possibility ive got noone to look after them if I have them early, so stressful!

#109 Miss S

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Welcome frenchie974 biggrin.gif

I saw my OB yesterday and have to go and have a growth scan on monday as my fundal height went from 34 to 40 in 2 weeks unsure.gif she did a quick scan and said all seems fine but would like a full scan anyway. I am officially booked in for a CS on the 28th which means all 3 of my kids are August babies rolleyes.gif October and November are my time to shine blush.gif

Have a great day everyone
xxx

#110 twins in the oven

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hi everyone I havent been on here for ages-sorry original.gif
I just realized Im not on the 'Due' list. Can you please add me? Im due to have a boy and a girl twins on the 25th Sept but will be having a c-section on the 10th sept original.gif This is my 3rd pregnancy and have two boys 5 and 3yrs old.

Getting close to our bubbas ariving isnt it? How exciting!! How is everyone going?

#111 Impatientmummy

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thought I'd stop stalking & pop in & say hi original.gif I'm 34 weeks tomorrow with our 2nd child, a little girl, we have a 3yr old boy so feeling very blessed original.gif I had an ob appointment yesterday to be told I have to stop working as my bp is starting to rise, get it checked in a fortnight & if it goes up again I will be on bed rest sad.gif I'm also suffering bad spd so kind of relieved to stop work but being self employed I'm not sure how financially we are going to go. Ob discussed early induction for spd as I'm currently on codeine for pain, I have to stop taking it by 37 weeks so there's no chance of bub having it in her system. Feeling kinda nervous knowing that within the next 6 weeks we will have our bub as he wont let me go more than 3 days over! She is 2/5 engaged & in perfect position so hoping she doesn't do to much moving lol. Cant set up her bassinet as ds keeps trying to get in it & hes too heavy so bit worried how we are going to go with that! Hope everyone is doing well & no doubt excited about finally getting to meet these gorgeous little bundles that have been kicking away at us for the last few months original.gif

#112 Want_to_be_a_mummy

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi all. I had to be monitored for my blood pressure yesterday and they have diagnosed me with preeclampsia. Trying not to freak out just yet as the only indication I have is protein in my urine which has gone up in the last few weeks. I am due to be induced on 28th August and will be monitored for the preeclampsia every second day. I just hope that the bub can make it to that date.

#113 tibs

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear some of our Sept mummies are having blood pressure issues sad.gif  Is there a specific blood pressure that is too high or is it more if it goes up then it is a problem?

Impatientmummy I just set up our cradle and both my 2 and 4 year olds tried to climb in it, they were even both in it at the same time at one stage.  I have piled a bunch of baby clothes etc in it at the moment to stop them getting in but I'm sure one day I'll go in there and the clothes will be all over the floor and they'll both be back in there  tongue.gif

As for me I have finished work, yay! And I have approx 5 weeks until my c-sec which has already been booked in.  It has gone so fast and I feel totally unprepared, I really have to get cracking on all those 'want to do before baby is born' things original.gif

#114 tinkster23

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Tibs- I'm feeling the same, that I have so much to do and so little time. C/s is bookEd for less than four weeks. Freaks me out every time I think about it!!

I should write a list...

#115 Morti

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

Welcome newbies!!!  waves.gif

Well, 3 weeks to go until my due date and I should be feeling excited but instead I'm just feeling very impatient.   shrug.gif  It's strange how the closer I get to my due date, the longer it feels that I have to wait. LOL  I remember getting to 30 weeks and thinking 'well, I'm on the home stretch... not long to go now!!'  Yet here I am 7 weeks later and can only think 'bloody hell, I've been pregnant forever and now it feels like I'm going to be pregnant for the rest of my life!!!'

Bring on September!!!!!

#116 GamerMum

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

I haven't come in here in forever... wow. I will catch up on posts shortly and see how you are all going.

I'll  be 37 weeks tomorrow, and everything seems to have slowed down to a crawl! Sleep is non existent, my pelvis and legs are causing me no end of pain, but I manage.

I go to Port Augusta tomorrow and will be there until I have our little girl. DF will join me on the 25th, so as long as she waits for that, I'm happy.

No appointments for the last two weeks as the midwife went on holidays. I was supposed to see her on Friday but she never came back to town, so the next medical professional I will see will be the OB for the first time on Tuesday.

Two weeks ago bubs was measuring a week ahead still, and they are still thinking she'll arrive a week early, on her original due date Tounge1.gif

Fire Fighting basic training all weekend at the moment (I'm not doing the physical part, just watching and doing the theory) but they are long days so I am exhausted! Can't wait to be in PA, relaxing and having no reason at all to get out of bed!

I hope you are all doing well, and can't wait to hear about all the new babies that'll soon be with us!

#117 tweetz

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hello to all the newbies who have come out from hiding...and those who haven't posted for some time.

Wow it is getting close to when all our babies will be arriving, which is both exciting and nervous....more so thinking about all that I still need to do.

I still have 4 1/2 weeks left of work but thankfully feeling reasonably good. Not sure if it's the busy days at work or the later stages of pregnancy but have been feeling more tired. Not helping that I'm having trouble sleeping as I can't seem to get comfortable and then have so much going through my mind.

Nursery furniture is to be delivered this week original.gif Still have some things I need to clear out before it arrives. I'm at the stage where I'm getting stuck as wat's left is things that I don't know what to do with or where to put them. Likewise with some boxes sitting downstairs.

I have my 34 week scan later this week to see where the placenta is lying. Fingers crossed it has moved upwards and I get the all clear for a natural birth.

Hope everyone is going well - sorry to read so many have issues with high blood pressure, SPD etc. Take it easy and best of luck with what's still on everyone's to do list.

#118 yellow10

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

wow so many with high blood pressure, hoping mine stays normal.

So many braxton hicks lately just getting irritating and uncomfortable, argh there goes one now. 5-7 weeks to go, hoping its closer to 5 i dont want to be overdue again, my belly is huge and uncomfortable, everyone likes to comment on my basketball and how huge it is. Thinking my bikini wearing days are over my stretch marks are getting worse too.

Well good luck to those with only a couple of weeks to go, how exciting!!

#119 ~A2~

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.