Depression week 25-26

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michkaminx

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hi girls, I'm pregnant with my second baby and depression and anxiety has crept in. I'm hoping it's just hormones and will pass soon. Has anyone else experience these itimitant symptoms?

#2 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi Michkaminx,
I am naturally a bit highly strung, and have found pregnancy a bit of a stress out, I am also working and renovating, so I feel like I am stressed at the appropriate level. If you are feeling anxious I would encourage you to speak to your GP and get them to write you a mental health care plan. It means you will be assessed and get access to services and medications for free (or very little) if you need them. Even if it's intermittent do go and see someone, stress can affect you physically, particularly blood pressure and you don't want physical complications to add to the anxiety. My hospital North Shore Private offers a special midwife program to make sure you're ok, if you happen to be at NSP it's the gidget foundation, you can call them and make an appointment!Best of luck, let us know how you get on, or if there is anything that is particularly stressing you out!

#3 Rach42

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have had depression/anxiety symptoms on and off through my pregnancy - I am sure it is to do with hormones and just the general toll that pregnancy can have with tiredness, etc, as the feelings have passed fairly quickly.  However I have told my midwife that I have had depression and anxiety in the past so they ask me about it at my appointments.  I like to have someone keeping a check on me just in case.

When I was pregnant with my second baby I was really worried about developing depression so I talked to my midwife and she got me an appointment with the hospital psychologist so I could talk about my worries - didn't cost me anything because it was in the public system.

#4 Michkaminx

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thank you for your replies.. I do have a mental Heath plan and am seeing someone. I don't want to take meds at this stage as it comes and goes and isn't consistent. I didn't have it with my first child but I guess with this one I worry more as my first is now 3 and hope I will handle it.  I think I avoided it with the first as I went bak to work but this one I will b staying home and that thought of being home with a baby again is a little overwhelming. I'm hoping this is just the pregnancy hormones and will pass. This has been a difficult pregnancy as I've been sick so I'm guessing that doesn't help. Thanks gain for your replies original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.