Prayer request thread #5
Open to all regardless of Faith, Beliefs or Religion

136 replies to this topic

#126 Struggling...

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:53 AM

LS - i have been worried about you for a long time. I do pray that your little family will start to find things easier and there will be that little light at thw end of the tunnel.

#127 Datrys

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostDJandJ, on 04 June 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

Hi Ange, upthread you mentioned it's not custom for you to pray for the dead. Do you mind explaining that more a little?

In my tradition, it's customary to give thanks for the life of someone who has died, and to pray for the needs of those left behind.  And maybe, straight after a death, to pray that God receive that person with love etc.  But praying for the dead is ... problematic... because it suggests that somehow they are in a state that can change.

Basically, because we don't believe in purgatory, we believe that once your life has ended, your eternal fate is settled.  So to pray for people who have died as if they need anything or somehow their blessedness could increase, it doesn't really work for us.

Does that make sense?

LS, praying for you and your family, for all your needs and worries.  Praying particularly that you would be encouraged and strengthened to see the value of all that you do.

#128 DJandJ

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Thanks Ange, that makes sense & sounds very respectful. Thanks again for taking time to respond. Im also thinking of LS and wishing health and wellbeing to her and kids.

#129 Lees75

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Struggling and LS, you are both in my thoughts and prayers. Xx

#130 Ianthe

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

LS and struggling I am praying for you.

#131 Struggling...

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

I am having probably the toughest week of my life. Everything is just too much. My MIL rang me very concerned tonight as xh was ranting and raving about how nasty etc etc I am (he had a letter from the lawyer today).
All I want is peace and to be able to look after my children - the stress and tension is getting to me.
I have many people praying for the situation and myself but I'm having a very difficult time.  Please pray

#132 Datrys

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:19 AM

Holding you, your children and all those around you in prayer, Struggling.  Praying that this will be the hard point from which things will improve for all of you.

#133 JustBeige

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:11 AM

Can I please ask for prayers/ positive vibes / Angel blessings to help me find my engagement ring?

I was cleaning (never ever going to do that again) and its gone.

I always put my rings and watch on my desk where the watch circles the rings and walked out yesterday morning to go out and the engagement one was gone - no pets or babies and DH hasnt borrowed it.  I hadnt worn them since Wednesday.

I lost the stone many many years ago and just 'knew' it was gone and this loss feels the same :(

The kids are going to help me look today and tomorrow,

and something a bit positive. I asked for prayers for my friend who was diagnosed with CIN.  She has had a rough couple of years, but next Sept will be 5yrs cancer free.   So thank you to all that thought of her at that time. <3

#134 Datrys

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

Oh, JBB, that's a loss that hurts.  Praying that it turns up, and that the time without it won't sting so much.  

And great to hear about 5 years cancer free for your friend!

#135 ELF_em_bee

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:17 PM

Praying for the family of the most wonderful ED Dr who treated me a few years ago.  
He was tragically killed last night in a car accident.
And a Prayer of thanksgiving for his life - a person who followed Jesus' example. Rest in peace Dr Wong. 😢

#136 Datrys

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

Bump.

#137 somila

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Praying for a couple of dear people I know who are coping with life threatening and debilitating conditions.  Also for some precious adolescents and their families who are dealing with tumult.

And for Ianthe and other EBers who no longer post, but who are not forgotten.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.