Prayer request thread #5
Open to all regardless of Faith, Beliefs or Religion

136 replies to this topic

#26 SemiRuralGirl

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

This is a wonderful thread you "run" Ange. What a great way to support fellow EBers. I will continue to pop in and pray for the requests also.

(I've also been praying for you Ange and hope things are improving on your front)

ETA - I was just reading through and saw you "adopted" it from freakypet. So... Good on you freakypet for starting it too! original.gif

Edited by SemiRuralGirl, 10 April 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#27 Datrys

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Oh, although I committed to look after it, I know there are several EBers who keep an eye on it and pray as people request.  I really value knowing that is shared with others.

As for me... mostly I'm just counting the days till I can go back to work.  I really do think that's going to make a world of difference for me!

#28 Splodge83

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thank you Ange

#29 lucky 2

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

My dsd has suffered the sudden loss of her maternal grandmother who was probably her greatest support in all of her trials and tribulations. Dsd is home with her father/us at present.
My BIL has also lost a very important member of his family, her funeral is tomorrow.
Any extra prayers of support would be wonderful.
Thanks x

#30 Datrys

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

lucky2, praying for comfort, care and support in grief.  Praying also that memories which hurt now will in time be an enrichment and source of joy.

#31 lucky 2

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thank you so much Ange x

#32 3'sACharm

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'm new to this part of EB but thought I would give this a try. I have been bed/hospital ridden with Hyperemesis Gravidarum/morning sickness for the last 7 weeks and I would just like for it to be gone now so I can enjoy my pregnancy. So if I could just request some prayers and well wishes I would be most grateful please.

Thank you original.gif

#33 Datrys

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Praying for a healthy, happy, safe pregnancy for you, 3'sACharm.

#34 Datrys

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Private prayer being offered for L and family.

#35 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Can I request a prayer? That my DH secures a permanent job and for a bit of financial "luck". And also (ts is really trivial) but can I request a prayer that my baby turn head down if she feels she is able to?

#36 Datrys

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Not at all trivial, Sunnycat!

Praying for financial and employment security for your family.  And praying that your bub gets into the best position for a good birth.  May you all be carried safely through this time of so many transitions.

#37 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Thank you original.gif

#38 Datrys

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Prayers for spit, baling wire and a bit more!  Prayers for peace, healing, health, security and provision for material needs, for you and your family.

#39 TillyTake2

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostSaecularis Angelus, on 27 January 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Congratulations, Tilly!  Praying that this pregnancy will be easy on your body, and that you'll be able to live your normal life and enjoy this precious time.

Just wanted to update & thank you for your prayers. This pregnancy has been wonderful & easy compared to my son, very thankful!

Now praying for a quick & easy birth & a baby who doesn't have reflux & who sleeps & feeds well (due in a few weeks :))

#40 Datrys

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wonderful news!  Praying for a good birth and an easy bub for you too.

#41 llamarama

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Could I request a prayer please? My mother has been diagnosed with an inoperable cancer and has begun palliative treatments. She is expected to have a couple of years left, but it is terminal. Please could you pray that she finds the strength to not fall into depression, and that I somehow get some kind of wisdom about how to act and what to do.

I've been praying over this thread when I remember to come in and check it x

#42 Datrys

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Of course, llamarama.  Praying for strength, hope and love for your mum, and wisdom and compassion for all around her.

#43 llamarama

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Thank you SA x

#44 Freddieness

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

Could I request a prayer for my baby please. She died inside me 11wks ago at 41wks gestation. Since then I have had signs that she is with my mother who passed 10yrs ago. I hope she is with my mother, father and brother who also passed at birth. Also my partners brother who passed at 18yrs of age 11yrs ago. I pray that they are all together and are at peace.
Can I please extend this prayer to all babes that never took a breath outside of their mothers womb. Xx

#45 Datrys

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Freddie, praying that you would have comfort and assuredness that your loved ones are held in peace and safety, carried in the everlasting arms.

(I must admit to some slight discomfort here, since in my tradition it is not the "done thing" to pray for the dead.  Perhaps some of the Catholics - or any others! - who follow this thread might feel able to add their prayers here?)

Also, if I could ask others to pray for me as well.  Tomorrow I'm going through the interview process which will decide whether or not I'm to be ordained next year.  I would very much appreciate knowing that I'm held in prayer as I go through that!

#46 sweetmango

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Will be praying for you Ange, hope it all goes well. May Gods blessings be upon you.

#47 Datrys

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Thanks.  Have survived intact.  The thing they gave me the hardest time on, in the end, was the fact that DH and I do not, and may continue to not, worship together.  Apparently this will undermine my ability to model good Christian family life.  :rolleyes:

But all in all I think it went reasonably well, so now I just wait for the letter to see if they agree...

Edited by Saecularis Angelus, 26 August 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#48 somila

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

It will, however, model your ability to let your DH have his own life and not be an extension of you!  I'm glad it went well.

#49 Datrys

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

View Postsomila, on 26 August 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

It will, however, model your ability to let your DH have his own life and not be an extension of you!  

Yes, precisely!

#50 sweetmango

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

Glad it is over. Im sorry that they feel this way about yours and your dh worship choices. If the letter is not what you hoped remember that Gods plan is bigger for you than you could imagine for yourself.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.