Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:15 PM
Hi, I just tried to send you the recipe via PM but it is telling me that I need to send more than three characters... LOL it was a bit more than three LOL. Anyways, I'm not sure if this is the one you were after or not??
Pork Cutlets in Red Wine.
Preparation time: 5 mins.
-plus 1 hour marinating time.
Cooking time: 10 ins
1tsp fennel seeds.
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
2 tsp sea-salt flake.
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked.
Zest and juice of 1 orange.
3 cloves garlic, un-peeled, smashed.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
4 x 3cm-thick pork cutlets, trimmed of rind, fat scored at 2cm intervals.
Extra sea-salt flakes, to season 50g butter.
150ml red wine.
Green beans, to serve.
leafy salad, to serve.
1. Use a mortal and pestle to roughly grind fennel, pepper, salt and rosemary until combined.
2. Stir in orange zest and garlic cloves, then rub mixture over pork. Set aside to marinate for atlas 1 hour, then remove garlic. set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat.
4. Add pork and cook, in batches if necessary, for 3 minutes on 1 side. Turn over and season with extra salt.
Cook for a further 3 minutes or until almost cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, add reserved garlic to pan and cook until browned. Just before pork is cooked, add butter and cook until it sizzles.
Remove pork from pan, loosely wrap with foil and set aside to rest.
6. Stir orange juice and wine into remaining juices pan. Bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the pan to release flavours.
Drizzle pan juices over pork and serve with beans and leafy salad on the side.