Photo
- - - - -

Johnson's Baby Bubble Bath & Wash

Posted by EB Product Panel , 16 May 2011 · 1073 views

Our members tried Johnson's new 'no more tears' Baby Bubble Bath & Wash. Here's what they had to say.

Lots of bubbles meant lots of fun for the kids. Gentle enough that accidental splashes in eyes caused no problems. Liked the smell and seemed to do the job of cleaning grubby bubs.
Nice large size bottle. Easy to use. Smelt great and created lots of bubbles. Definately will buy this product.
Was worried that perhaps it might be drying on bub but wasn't a problem. It has a nice smell that isn't too strong.
Fun for bath-time and gives a nice gentle clean.
Would recommend to others.
My little one loves the bubbles! Sometimes it is hard to get them out of the bath.
Pleasant smell and gentle on the eyes.
Definitely recommend - makes bath time fun.
After our first test run this morning DD smells delicious and her skin feels soft and clean. She had a wonderful time with the bubbles and when some got in her eyes there were no problems.

On a practical note the instructions say use 2-3 capfuls under running water, only the bottle does not come with a cap. This is the only fault that I can find with the product, I'll definitely be buying it myself and recommending it to others.
This had a lovely smell, and created lots of bubbles.

I liked the look of the label, and would definatley notice it on a shop shelf. I would buy this product.

It was hard to gauge how much you would need, as the instructions say 2-3 capfuls but the lid is not really a cap easy for measuring.
I loved this Johnson's Bubble Bath - it smelt really nice and left my kids nice and soft and smelling great.  My kids love bubbles so I used more than the recommended 2-3 capfuls  wink.gif  

I loved the look of the bottle, it was quite eye catching.

I mostly liked that that it was both a bubble and bathing product rather than just bubbles - kept the kids happy and got them clean!  I'd definitely recommend to others.
Johnson's Baby Bath has a pleasant, but not over-whelming fragrance. The bottle is an attractive shade of blue and is clearly recognisable as a Johnson's product.

The instructions say to pour 2-3 capfuls under running water, but the it has a flip up type lid. I prefer this type of lid as I hate juggling slippery wet screw on caps - one handed operation is usually best for kids bath products. I guessed the amount of product to use, and probably used less than what was recommended, but there were heaps of bubbles.

There were no age recommendations on the bottle, although I recall that my youngest was too young when I offered to do the review - was it over six months? So I would like to see some kind of age recommendation on the bottle, such as recommended for babies six months and over, or suitable from birth, something like that.

The final result was clean, happy kids. You can't ask for much more than that. I wouldn't go out of my way, shouting from the rooftops to tell my friends to go and buy this product, but Johnson's is a fairly well-known, reputable brand so I am sure people will buy it without much encouragement from me laughing2.gif

From the onset, the bright blue bottle and bubble imaging had me excited that I had finally had a children's bath product that would make lots of bubbles and last the duration of their bath and boy did it deliver!

Although the instructions say 2-3 capfuls, the product actually has a flip lid and I had to guess the amount. Immediately though, the bath was full of lots of bubbles and smelt very pleasant. The bubbles lasted the whole duration of the bath (15-20min) and kept both my toddlers very amused. I also washed their hair with it and had absolutely no problems with their eyes.

Upon taking the children out, they both smelt fresh and their skin was incredibly soft to touch. I was very happy with the results. My only negative is that the bubbles performed so well that I had to rinse the bath and toys afterwards to get all the bubbles off. A small price to pay though. I will definitely keep buying it and would recommend it to others.
The bubbles were fantastic, although due to the flip lid, I may have used to much.  Skin felt fantastic afterwards and the scent was refreshingly clean and not sickly sweet like some bubble bath can be. The large bottle is great value for money and I will definately buy again and recommend it to other mothers.  Johnson's is such a quality product.
Johnsons Bubble bath is great, although i did use more than the recommended 2-3 capfuls. Smell is light and clean. Was gentle enough to use on my newborn while my toddler loved covering her face with bubbles without any irritation to her eyes.

I was concered the bubbles would dry out our skin but after three nights use I havent found this to be a problem.

I would highly recommend this product to make bath time fun!!
My initial impression was that it's clearly a Johnson's product.  It left my daughter's skin feeling clean and soft without any overpowering scent.  I would buy and recommend this product.

amour de mère
Jun 27 2011 06:47 PM
I loved the scent, you could tell it was a Johnson's product just by that alone!

The 2-3 capfuls instuction was a little strange due to it being a flip top lid (which i love).

My youngest loved the bubbles and had a very long playful bath. Unfortunately my eldest (5 years) had some sort of reaction and instantly got itchy all over. She had to jump out and rinse it off in the shower sad.gif
Based on that I don't think I would buy this product again as I try to buy things that both my kids can use.
Smells great, calming, & refreshing. Lots of bubble which stays quite long (compare to other bubble bath product). At the end of testing the product, not only my baby enjoyed trying Johnson`s bubble bath but my husband too (ok i confess ...and me).
Loved the product!
The smell was fantastic, leaving my son smelling clean and fresh, also made the bathroom smell good too! The bubbles last for well over half an hour, and the flip lid was ideal for using with one hand. I did use more than the recommended (4-5 capfuls) to get a good amount of bubbles. The bubble-bath product was also good to use everyday, even on my son's sensitive skin, as other products can be too drying.
Definitely recommend to others.

cryingbabies
Sep 05 2011 12:31 PM
As a GP who sees children only, the most common cause of vaginal irritation/discharge that I see in children is bubble bath. I dont know what the new Johnson's bubble bath contains to know how likely it is to cause vaginal irritation, but bubbles tend to 'drift' into the vagina and irritate the delicate lining tissue.
I note that one child in the comments developed skin irritation.
If the bubble bath is used regularly and any little girls develop vaginal irritation it is worth thinking about whether bubble bath might be the cause.
I agree to totally to all that is said here!! I used this Johnson’s Baby Bubble Bath & Wash and it was all and more than what they claim it to it. I wasn’t at all surprised at it being so since we’ve been using Johnson’s products for the past couple of generations and have yet to find any problems with it!! I used this for my little granddaughter and she just refused to stop coming out ,She was in the bath so long that we had to turn on all the bath fans !!
This had a lovely smell, and created lots of bubbles.

I liked the look of the label, and would definatley notice it on a shop shelf. I would buy this product. Costume
My initial impression was that it's clearly a Johnson's product. It left my daughter's skin feeling clean and soft without any overpowering scent. I would buy and recommend this product.
<a href="http://www.Azithromy...m">Azithromycin uses</a>

Anne of The Island
Feb 19 2012 07:40 PM
It smelt great but I didn't feel it made as many bubbles as I was hoping for - I had to use lots each bath so it didn't last as long as I though it should.

The kids smelt clean afterwards though and I would probably buy it again.
it is a good smell and mamy bubbles my child so funny

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.