I have a very fussy eater. He will only eat:
- any fruit (whole/pieces or pureed)
- store bought lasagna (never home made, only the stuff from the fresh fridge section in woolies
- sometimes sushi (although most of it ends up mushed into the high chair table)
- he will pick at bbq chicken
- cheese slices
He will play with and eat bits of the following (but not enough to sustain him):
- toast/sandwhiches (will eat 1/8th)
- frittatas/muffins/savory pancakes (might eat 1 mini muffin sized piece)
- fish fingers (might eat 1/2 or 1)
He won't touch veggies, pasta, most proteins or any home made meal I make.
I am mostly concerned that he doesn't each veggies or much protein or carbs. Usually the only protein and carbs I get into him are from the store bought lasagna but I really don't want him living on that as it is expensive and I'm sure not that great for him.
He is breast fed usually 3 times during the day/night (at least 1 overnight feed) but doesn't really feed during the day so I doubt that is stopping him. I know he is hungry but he is soooo stubborn about what he likes/doesn't like. He is small but not unhealthily so (he used to be very skinny but has gained weight in the last 4-5 months)
Does anyone else have a bub like this? Do they just grow out of it? Any ideas?